I could use a little help on pinking the best hotel in San Francisco for 2 nights for my parents in November. We were having a hard time deciding between the Fairmont in Nob Hill, the Ritz Carlton, the four seasons and the Mandarin Oriental. If possible, but not essential, they would like to be able to leave the hotel and be in a nice neighborhood to walk around a little. They are only able to walk within about a 4 block radius. Department store type shopping is not important since they live in New York City, but boutique type shops and restaurants would be nice. A good spa would also be a plus. From what I can see, the one that is the easiest to walk around outside would be the four seasons. I would love to know any favorites of the fodorites.
best luxury hotel in san francisco
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Which NYC subway should I take?
- 2 Chicago Architectural River Tours - which one for us?
- 3 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 4 Cab Cost from McCarren to Venetian Hotel?
- 5 Advice on a Hamptons Day Trip
- 6 Rafting in Wisconsin
- 7 Helicopter tours from Vegas to Grand Canyon
- 8 Where to stay with kids in Nashville
- 9 New York City Subway Fare Payment
- 10 Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton itinerary - advice requested please!
- 11 Cocoa Beach Restaurant Recommendations near Courtyard Cocoa Beach
- 12 Hawaii Trip. Paradise Lost (Or At Least Misplaced)
- 13 New York City Taking First Steps Against Air BnB Members
- 14 East Coast road trip from Boston to Washington DC
- 15 Phoenix restaurants
- 16 5 week in US/Mexico
- 17 Camping at Grand Canyon, Bryce, Zion and Arches
- 18 10 day trip to California
- 19 Best Glacier viewing (by boat) from Seward or Whittier
- 20 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 21 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 22 Rafting near Denali
- 23 New York City Restaurants
- 24 Oregon to SF - avoid Coastal Route
- 25 Kennedy Space Center