I could use a little help on pinking the best hotel in San Francisco for 2 nights for my parents in November. We were having a hard time deciding between the Fairmont in Nob Hill, the Ritz Carlton, the four seasons and the Mandarin Oriental. If possible, but not essential, they would like to be able to leave the hotel and be in a nice neighborhood to walk around a little. They are only able to walk within about a 4 block radius. Department store type shopping is not important since they live in New York City, but boutique type shops and restaurants would be nice. A good spa would also be a plus. From what I can see, the one that is the easiest to walk around outside would be the four seasons. I would love to know any favorites of the fodorites.
best luxury hotel in san francisco
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Black Canyon of the Gunnison East Portal Road
- 2 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 3 Yellowstone & Grand Tetons Wildlife
- 4 Spending February on the Florida Panhandle
- 5 Old City -- Philadelphia -- Cocktails?
- 6 Any feedback on our roadtrip schedule would be much appreciated!
- 7 Near Plum Island, MA ...what to see and do?
- 8 Light hiking around Santa Barbara
- 9 united and carry-ons
- 10 Best seafood restaurant in Boston
- 11 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii
- 12 Most affordable Wineries in Northern California near Napa?
- 13 Car rental through Priceline bidding
- 14 Restaurants in Charleston, SC
- 15 Lodging in Mendocino County (Anderson Valley, Booneville, ??)
- 16 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 17 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 18 And now...The 100 Best Things to Eat in Philadelphia
- 19 Road Trip Sept/Oct (4 weeks) Key West-Carolina's-Nashville-Memphis-Dallas-Denver
- 20 Philadelphia
- 21 Arizona road trip any changes?
- 22 USA with a 3 year old
- 23 First family ski trip
- 24 NYC theatre broadway
- 25 Need Ideas for Quiet Vacation in Upstate New York