I could use a little help on pinking the best hotel in San Francisco for 2 nights for my parents in November. We were having a hard time deciding between the Fairmont in Nob Hill, the Ritz Carlton, the four seasons and the Mandarin Oriental. If possible, but not essential, they would like to be able to leave the hotel and be in a nice neighborhood to walk around a little. They are only able to walk within about a 4 block radius. Department store type shopping is not important since they live in New York City, but boutique type shops and restaurants would be nice. A good spa would also be a plus. From what I can see, the one that is the easiest to walk around outside would be the four seasons. I would love to know any favorites of the fodorites.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Best Place to Stay in Asheville, North Carolina with 80 year old dad
- 2 11 days SE coast road trip
- 3 Mountains, Hiking and Wildlife in Fall
- 4 NYC - Sargent - Sorolla
- 5 New Orleans Best Guided Tours
- 6 San Diego Clothing Help (woman)
- 7 Alaska itinerary - Anchorage, Seward, Denali, Juneau.
- 8 Should I cancel Florida vacation?
- 9 Looking for pretty waterfront hotel for weekend trip from Detroit
- 10 Places to stay in TX...?
- 11 3.5 weeks in the Deep South
- 12 San Fran to LA via PCH
- 13 International student, applying for school
- 14 Getting around in NYC
- 15 driving from LA to Portland
- 16 advice for Short trip from Dallas to?
- 17 Where are the orcas near Seattle?
- 18 a lovely week in Grand Lake
- 19 Condo rental for snowbirds
- 20 DC/MD/VA GTG in the Fall, Lunch on Oct. 3
- 21 Laguna Beach, what to do
- 22 Road trip from Iowa to South Carolina
- 23 Another Quick NYC Trip - Food Ideas?
- 24 8wks Exploring Canada, Alaska & the Northwestern States
- 25 Road trip from and back to New York