We have spent several winters in Sarasota and love it. Next year we want however to go to Hawaii. We don't want a car except occasionally, and we've heard Oahu is the best place for that. But somehow Waikiki seems too big, too noisy, too touristy for us but I might be wrong. We just want a small town with a nice beach, that is walkable (something like Sarasota??) with some activities to do. We like to walk the beach, read, bicycle, go to the gym, eat out occasionally. Where would you suggest we go? Is one island more expensive than the other? We will be there 6-8 weeks. Thanks.
Best Hawaiin island for retirees?
View all United States activity »
- 1 Im new and need HELP to plan my Rv travel !!
- 2 hawaii for 10 weeks
- 3 Has anyone used AirBnB to find lodging?
- 4 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
- 5 Hey drivers, taking my grandmother to San Fran - lil help?!?
- 6 First time to Austin-San Antonio area
- 7 Bowers Museum - Need Restaurant Suggestions Nearby
- 8 St. Augustine, Florida
- 9 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 10 San Antonio
- 11 Maybe a trip to NYC will make my 16 year old think Mom's okay
- 12 hotel near Met NYC
- 13 Where should I move to?
- 14 Inexpensive Weekend Getaway- New England
- 15 Las Vegas to Zion National Park - Fear of Heights
- 16 Taking a Road trip Memphis through to Smokey Mtns.
- 17 Fripp island
- 18 2nd visit to California wine country, recommendations needed.
- 19 Help Requested for Winter Cross-Country Driving Move
- 20 Eataly in Chicago -- Coming Soon!
- 21 Where to stay for a Baltimore/DC trip
- 22 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 23 Car service from JFK to lower Manhattan
- 24 Hollywood with 17yr old son
- 25 Which Florida Key to snorkel?