We have spent several winters in Sarasota and love it. Next year we want however to go to Hawaii. We don't want a car except occasionally, and we've heard Oahu is the best place for that. But somehow Waikiki seems too big, too noisy, too touristy for us but I might be wrong. We just want a small town with a nice beach, that is walkable (something like Sarasota??) with some activities to do. We like to walk the beach, read, bicycle, go to the gym, eat out occasionally. Where would you suggest we go? Is one island more expensive than the other? We will be there 6-8 weeks. Thanks.
Best Hawaiin island for retirees?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 2 Days in Portland - Best of?
- 2 What to see/do in Baltimore without a car?
- 3 Favorite Washington, DC restaurants
- 4 Valdez (keystone canyon falls)? Matanuska? and other itinerary help
- 5 Boston to PEI: Where would YOU stop over?
- 6 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 7 Trip to Portland and Oregon Wine Tour
- 8 NYC over Memorial Day Weekend 2014
- 9 WISCONSIN
- 10 Road trip from Nashville to Dallas
- 11 WEst Coast WINTER holiday - 5 weeks driving.
- 12 Broadway Banter 2014: Starting off with book recommendation
- 13 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 14 Yellowstone Lodging in October
- 15 Roadtrip Across the Country
- 16 Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton itinerary - advice requested please!
- 17 Brooklyn why?
- 18 New York City Restaurants
- 19 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 20 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 21 Antelope Canyon. Tour form Page or just show up there and pick a guide ?
- 22 Hotel to stay before Channel Islands
- 23 AK-Glacier Bay, Wrangel Elias, Lake Clark, Matanuska glacier, Valdez?
- 24 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 25 Dining in D.C.