We have spent several winters in Sarasota and love it. Next year we want however to go to Hawaii. We don't want a car except occasionally, and we've heard Oahu is the best place for that. But somehow Waikiki seems too big, too noisy, too touristy for us but I might be wrong. We just want a small town with a nice beach, that is walkable (something like Sarasota??) with some activities to do. We like to walk the beach, read, bicycle, go to the gym, eat out occasionally. Where would you suggest we go? Is one island more expensive than the other? We will be there 6-8 weeks. Thanks.
Best Hawaiin island for retirees?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Help on choosing outdoorsy town to move to after college
- 2 Southern states in March/April 2016
- 3 Utah 2
- 4 New York City - apartment locations
- 5 TOWING SCAM IN WASHINGTON, DC
- 6 West Coast US trip from Sep to Oct 15 for 30days
- 7 Would a Annual Park pass be worth it?
- 8 Pizza Paradise In Pasadena
- 9 12-hour layover in Honolulu: What to do?
- 10 Dinsey Wolrd - another "what resort" question
- 11 Tudor city -special help/info
- 12 Scottsdale, Sedona, Grand Canyon
- 13 Coffee shop or dinner recommendations for Fullerton/Anaheim area?
- 14 Xmas in Key West: Come on Vacation, Leave on Probation
- 15 Short New York City Weekend Trip report March 2015
- 16 Good restaurants near Griffith Observatory?
- 17 Planning to see chicago with a big family
- 18 Notom-Burr or Rt 12 from Capitol Reef to Bryce
- 19 must see and do's in Maui?
- 20 3 or 4 days north of San Francisco with kids
- 21 Canyon Rides horseback tour of Bryce Canyon
- 22 Boston to see Sargent works
- 23 Best ( not cheapest) way from EWR to Upper West Side
- 24 Moving from Salt Lake City UT to Dallas TX
- 25 Murray Hill NYC restaurants