We have spent several winters in Sarasota and love it. Next year we want however to go to Hawaii. We don't want a car except occasionally, and we've heard Oahu is the best place for that. But somehow Waikiki seems too big, too noisy, too touristy for us but I might be wrong. We just want a small town with a nice beach, that is walkable (something like Sarasota??) with some activities to do. We like to walk the beach, read, bicycle, go to the gym, eat out occasionally. Where would you suggest we go? Is one island more expensive than the other? We will be there 6-8 weeks. Thanks.
Best Hawaiin island for retirees?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Omni Orlando Resort Champions Gate
- 2 Miami with a 2 yr old -- any activities?
- 3 Northwest USA
- 4 What is the weather like in Kona in November?
- 5 First Trip to Nashville, TN - tips, suggestions
- 6 More than one hotel at Disney World?
- 7 Moving to CT
- 8 Help with Moab itinerary for an overacheiver
- 9 Hawaii: Multi-generational family vacation
- 10 Mother/Daughter Trip to NYC
- 11 Road trip to the Deep South revisited......itinerary for your perusal
- 12 Charlotte NC Lodging & Driving Question
- 13 Charleston, SC Hotels
- 14 Photos from Texas Christmas Road Trip
- 15 First Trip to California with Family of 6
- 16 New York City- Henri Matisse Cutouts at MOMA
- 17 January Jaunt to the Southernmost City ~ Long with Pics!
- 18 Itinerary for Vegas - Phoenix
- 19 Hotels Philly
- 20 What National Parks to visit in Mid-March
- 21 Gulf access or beach an hr or so north of Tampa?
- 22 Green Flea in NYC
- 23 Restaurants near Miami Airport
- 24 Orlando in March
- 25 New England September