I actually have two separate questions. One is what would be a good trail for a "novice" hiker in the Great Smoky Mountains? I read about Laurel Falls, Grotto Falls and Indian Falls trails and wondered which one people have done and enjoyed. We want something not too strenuous but one that offers really nice scenic views. Driving wise I read about Cades Cove and the Roaring Fork Motor Trail but we want to do some nice hikes too.
The other question which maybe I should post separately is among The Hermitage Andrew Jackson's Estate, Belle Meade Plantation and the Cheekwood Museum and Gardens from the Maxwell House Estate, which ones do people prefer? I don't think we will have time enough for all three so which are the best two?
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 The Great Debate, What is Worth Precious Money and Time in NYC
- 2 SF <-> Seattle in Nov. (9 days)
- 3 Nat Park Trip in Utah - Too Much??
- 4 "Kid" things to do in Stanwood area
- 5 A day in Boston
- 6 Movies to put you in the mood for a western road trip
- 7 Las vegas +21
- 8 Samsonite Silhouette 7 repair part
- 9 California Summer weather/ clothing
- 10 Newport , RI
- 11 The city never sleeps, but we needed to
- 12 Steamboat in August
- 13 60th birthday trip to Vermont, NH, Maine in October
- 14 Depot Bay OR
- 15 South beach Miami to Key west driving map
- 16 Tour guide in Bend, OR, for Lava Caves?
- 17 Sim Card and Carrier Plan for Data in US and Canada for tourist
- 18 Newport Historic District - where is it? Walking tour?
- 19 Transportation from downtown Miami to Ft. Lauderdale airport
- 20 Road trip from Boston to Florida
- 21 Drive from San Fran to Portland or Seattle in winter
- 22 Island of Oahu: looking for cheap accommodation
- 23 Gotta Go To Stanford U Medical Center
- 24 1st trip to DC - for 2 nights
- 25 Phone SIM
Best Easy Trail in the Smokies and Best Plantation/Estate Visit