I actually have two separate questions. One is what would be a good trail for a "novice" hiker in the Great Smoky Mountains? I read about Laurel Falls, Grotto Falls and Indian Falls trails and wondered which one people have done and enjoyed. We want something not too strenuous but one that offers really nice scenic views. Driving wise I read about Cades Cove and the Roaring Fork Motor Trail but we want to do some nice hikes too.
The other question which maybe I should post separately is among The Hermitage Andrew Jackson's Estate, Belle Meade Plantation and the Cheekwood Museum and Gardens from the Maxwell House Estate, which ones do people prefer? I don't think we will have time enough for all three so which are the best two?
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Southern Cali itinerary help
- 2 your favorite city USA?
- 3 Ideas please for travel between Grand Canyon & Monument Valley
- 4 Austin with Kids
- 5 ogunquit or kennenukport
- 6 Two days out of Seattle
- 7 New Orleans and Slidell
- 8 Senior Travel Helper
- 9 NYC Suggestions - Six Week Trip…?
- 10 Coronado, La Jolla, or Other?
- 11 Help with driving East to West
- 12 Choosing between a few cities for a long weekend trip
- 13 Pacific coast road trip
- 14 Long weekend in D.C. With family
- 15 Driving Trip to Idaho
- 16 5 nights/6 days in Honolulu during Thanksgiving
- 17 South Carolina
- 18 New York City Transportation Experts - this one is for you!
- 19 NYC - Sargent - Sorolla
- 20 Flight Deals to Hawaii From Nashville?
- 21 Where to stay in Kansas City MO/What to do
- 22 Hotel suggestions San Francisco
- 23 Austin Getaway
- 24 Maine
- 25 Driving From Florida to Maryland
Best Easy Trail in the Smokies and Best Plantation/Estate Visit