I actually have two separate questions. One is what would be a good trail for a "novice" hiker in the Great Smoky Mountains? I read about Laurel Falls, Grotto Falls and Indian Falls trails and wondered which one people have done and enjoyed. We want something not too strenuous but one that offers really nice scenic views. Driving wise I read about Cades Cove and the Roaring Fork Motor Trail but we want to do some nice hikes too.
The other question which maybe I should post separately is among The Hermitage Andrew Jackson's Estate, Belle Meade Plantation and the Cheekwood Museum and Gardens from the Maxwell House Estate, which ones do people prefer? I don't think we will have time enough for all three so which are the best two?
Thanks in advance.
Best Easy Trail in the Smokies and Best Plantation/Estate Visit
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Santa Fe advice needed (40th anniversary)
- 2 2 Days in Portland - Best of?
- 3 Advice on a Hamptons Day Trip
- 4 Which NYC subway should I take?
- 5 Helicopter tours from Vegas to Grand Canyon
- 6 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 7 Chicago Architectural River Tours - which one for us?
- 8 Where to stay with kids in Nashville
- 9 East Coast road trip from Boston to Washington DC
- 10 Brooklyn why?
- 11 Timeshare Nightmares
- 12 Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton itinerary - advice requested please!
- 13 Cab Cost from McCarren to Venetian Hotel?
- 14 New York City Subway Fare Payment
- 15 Rafting in Wisconsin
- 16 Cocoa Beach Restaurant Recommendations near Courtyard Cocoa Beach
- 17 Hawaii Trip. Paradise Lost (Or At Least Misplaced)
- 18 New York City Taking First Steps Against Air BnB Members
- 19 Phoenix restaurants
- 20 5 week in US/Mexico
- 21 Camping at Grand Canyon, Bryce, Zion and Arches
- 22 10 day trip to California
- 23 Best Glacier viewing (by boat) from Seward or Whittier
- 24 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 25 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco