I actually have two separate questions. One is what would be a good trail for a "novice" hiker in the Great Smoky Mountains? I read about Laurel Falls, Grotto Falls and Indian Falls trails and wondered which one people have done and enjoyed. We want something not too strenuous but one that offers really nice scenic views. Driving wise I read about Cades Cove and the Roaring Fork Motor Trail but we want to do some nice hikes too.
The other question which maybe I should post separately is among The Hermitage Andrew Jackson's Estate, Belle Meade Plantation and the Cheekwood Museum and Gardens from the Maxwell House Estate, which ones do people prefer? I don't think we will have time enough for all three so which are the best two?
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Carmel for 5 nights with baby
- 2 San Francisco - need restaurant & tourist tips
- 3 Hotel suggestions San Francisco
- 4 NYC Suggestions - Six Week Trip…?
- 5 Need help planning Arizona & California Desert trip in March
- 6 Two Mini Trips to Minneapolis
- 7 Hotels in Minneapolis for University visit
- 8 40th birthday in (COLD) Chicago!
- 9 I-70 to Leadville, CO - 91 or 24
- 10 Charleston/Savannah help needed
- 11 trip to Acadia National Park
- 12 Hudson Valley Drive Suggestions
- 13 Charleston and Asheville
- 14 Maui and the Big Island - Activities for each island
- 15 3 days in Houston area ?????
- 16 Areas to Stay in Boston
- 17 Wildlife viewing in the US South West
- 18 Anyone received an email confirming a change in reservation...
- 19 Visa, Greencard advice
- 20 Suggestions for drive from Seattle to LA via Oregon Idaho and utah
- 21 march anniversary trip
- 22 To Schenectady to Trains to Spanish Immersion Course in Mexico
- 23 cruise to Alaska including Denali
- 24 NYC Fringe Festival Aug 14-20, 2015
- 25 Yellowstone/Grand Teton,feeric but turists and Xanterra need improvement
Best Easy Trail in the Smokies and Best Plantation/Estate Visit