I actually have two separate questions. One is what would be a good trail for a "novice" hiker in the Great Smoky Mountains? I read about Laurel Falls, Grotto Falls and Indian Falls trails and wondered which one people have done and enjoyed. We want something not too strenuous but one that offers really nice scenic views. Driving wise I read about Cades Cove and the Roaring Fork Motor Trail but we want to do some nice hikes too.
The other question which maybe I should post separately is among The Hermitage Andrew Jackson's Estate, Belle Meade Plantation and the Cheekwood Museum and Gardens from the Maxwell House Estate, which ones do people prefer? I don't think we will have time enough for all three so which are the best two?
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Sad News for Maine Lobster Lovers
- 2 Best Time to Travel the West Coast (USA)
- 3 10 Day Road Trip in Colorado
- 4 10 Days in Maine
- 5 PNC Park ~ convenient hotel?
- 6 Amtrak California Zephyr and Yosemite waterfalls
- 7 Travel Itinerary Template
- 8 Road trip from arizona to seattle.
- 9 Anyone use Hawaiian Airlines?
- 10 Big Island - Best Way to See Lava and Waterfalls?
- 11 Boston for a cruise: South end? Downtown?
- 12 road trip from NC to Maine in Sept.
- 13 South Dakota to Bryce Canyon and what to do in between...
- 14 sugestions
- 15 Drive from Chicago to Yellowstone and back
- 16 Big Sur and Scenic Hwy 1 in CA.
- 17 Miami for 2 days
- 18 More problems for Big Sur
- 19 Yosemite Trip May 2017
- 20 Saratoga Springs, NY - affordable hotel?
- 21 Help! 2nd half of trip...From GTNP, 11 days before flying out of Denver.
- 22 Las Vegas trip report
- 23 We want too see Statue of liberty. Flying into EWR and out of Jfk
- 24 Boston area hotels
- 25 Default Vegas-GC-Antelope-Bryce-Zion-Vegas
Best Easy Trail in the Smokies and Best Plantation/Estate Visit