I actually have two separate questions. One is what would be a good trail for a "novice" hiker in the Great Smoky Mountains? I read about Laurel Falls, Grotto Falls and Indian Falls trails and wondered which one people have done and enjoyed. We want something not too strenuous but one that offers really nice scenic views. Driving wise I read about Cades Cove and the Roaring Fork Motor Trail but we want to do some nice hikes too.
The other question which maybe I should post separately is among The Hermitage Andrew Jackson's Estate, Belle Meade Plantation and the Cheekwood Museum and Gardens from the Maxwell House Estate, which ones do people prefer? I don't think we will have time enough for all three so which are the best two?
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Quick Trip to D.C. In April
- 2 Amtrack: Denver to California?
- 3 Rental car or RV for road trip from San Francisco via Las Vegas to Denver
- 4 SF special dinner for 70 birthday
- 5 How many states have you been to?
- 6 Honeymoon out west.
- 7 Retiring to Tucson
- 8 New Orleans to Memphis and back
- 9 USA, Trip to the south
- 10 Hotel Valencia, San Antonio RiverWalk
- 11 Trip Report: Charleston, Vero Beach, Beaufort
- 12 Bar Harbor to Boston
- 13 SD card usage in multiple devices and formatting
- 14 Travel options between Las Vegas and Grand Canyon South Rim
- 15 Where to watch Oscars in Palm Springs
- 16 Big Sure in June
- 17 My quickie roadtrip to Philly - art, photos, food, and some good karma.
- 18 Santa Fe Itineray
- 19 Roadtrip July 2017
- 20 Glacier, Yellowstone, Teton - Car Rental?
- 21 Yellowstone, Itinerary before
- 22 Where to stay 3 nights to see Yosemite from Death Valley?
- 23 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017
- 24 Alaska Trip Planning Please Help
- 25 Northwest National Parks Tour
Best Easy Trail in the Smokies and Best Plantation/Estate Visit