I actually have two separate questions. One is what would be a good trail for a "novice" hiker in the Great Smoky Mountains? I read about Laurel Falls, Grotto Falls and Indian Falls trails and wondered which one people have done and enjoyed. We want something not too strenuous but one that offers really nice scenic views. Driving wise I read about Cades Cove and the Roaring Fork Motor Trail but we want to do some nice hikes too.
The other question which maybe I should post separately is among The Hermitage Andrew Jackson's Estate, Belle Meade Plantation and the Cheekwood Museum and Gardens from the Maxwell House Estate, which ones do people prefer? I don't think we will have time enough for all three so which are the best two?
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 SF to Seattle roundtrip with family,help!
- 2 NYC to Florida drive....seeking advice on stops in Va, NC, SC
- 3 Beach Vacation from Midwest with 10 year old.
- 4 DC - WW2 flyover
- 5 Alaska Railroad trips reviews & motion sickness etc
- 6 Driving from Denver to Ouray Colorado and back in late August
- 7 Southern Road Trip
- 8 Which 2 islands to visit?
- 9 Hilton Head
- 10 Advice on 4 day itinerary in NYC in June 2015
- 11 Chicago Outskirts Hotel
- 12 Train, Boston to NYC, questions
- 13 Favorite Casual D.C. Restaurants?
- 14 4 Days in LV
- 15 $ nights SF - 1 Night to drive the coast - 5 nights LA
- 16 Best Scenic Islands in Washington State
- 17 Grand Marais?
- 18 Brit worried about weather in Santa Barbara !
- 19 First time visit to California
- 20 Kauai North Shore Condos- Sealodge
- 21 New England and Eastern Canada
- 22 NYC to FLA Road Trip..stopovers (I-81) in Virginia and Sea Islands?
- 23 Colorado Springs to Durango 9 days
- 24 Must See/Do in Oregon & Washington
- 25 Restaurant recomendations in the east 54th Street area, please.
Best Easy Trail in the Smokies and Best Plantation/Estate Visit