I actually have two separate questions. One is what would be a good trail for a "novice" hiker in the Great Smoky Mountains? I read about Laurel Falls, Grotto Falls and Indian Falls trails and wondered which one people have done and enjoyed. We want something not too strenuous but one that offers really nice scenic views. Driving wise I read about Cades Cove and the Roaring Fork Motor Trail but we want to do some nice hikes too.
The other question which maybe I should post separately is among The Hermitage Andrew Jackson's Estate, Belle Meade Plantation and the Cheekwood Museum and Gardens from the Maxwell House Estate, which ones do people prefer? I don't think we will have time enough for all three so which are the best two?
Thanks in advance.
Best Easy Trail in the Smokies and Best Plantation/Estate Visit
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Chicago Information Need for a Possible Trip
- 2 Does it seem like people in the US have become...
- 3 Getting from Washington DC to Dulles airport, quickest way possible
- 4 Boston Marathon spectator questions
- 5 USA Round trip 2018
- 6 SC/GA/FL Coastal City Questions & Insect Issues
- 7 Myrtle Beach, SC ... Where to drive to??
- 8 Carlsbad Cavern area - New Mexico ... Lodging
- 9 Daytona Beach and ??
- 10 How much to tip for Free tour on Foot
- 11 Washington and oregon help with itinerary
- 12 First visit in New Mexico
- 13 San Diego Public Transportation
- 14 Things to do around New York
- 15 Please help with four days in Boston-Cambridge-Salem
- 16 Salt Lake City
- 17 Beach holiday with baby
- 18 Lodging between Edenton NC and Washington DC?
- 19 Colorado trip
- 20 Cost of hotels in major cities of the USA
- 21 Grand Marais?
- 22 Is Hwy 59/389 an alternate for hwy 9
- 23 Cape cod and Acadia
- 24 Best hotels near the Kennedy Center?
- 25 New Orleans 2015 safety with kids