I actually have two separate questions. One is what would be a good trail for a "novice" hiker in the Great Smoky Mountains? I read about Laurel Falls, Grotto Falls and Indian Falls trails and wondered which one people have done and enjoyed. We want something not too strenuous but one that offers really nice scenic views. Driving wise I read about Cades Cove and the Roaring Fork Motor Trail but we want to do some nice hikes too.
The other question which maybe I should post separately is among The Hermitage Andrew Jackson's Estate, Belle Meade Plantation and the Cheekwood Museum and Gardens from the Maxwell House Estate, which ones do people prefer? I don't think we will have time enough for all three so which are the best two?
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Condos in Kauai and Big Island
- 2 Salt Lake City to Northern California or Oregon trip
- 3 Parking fine
- 4 Berkshires with a toddler
- 5 Staying at Belvedere in Sept--how early to make reservations?
- 6 Hotel/motel recom. for Cape Cod
- 7 AC Hotels cheap by clean
- 8 My Maine Trip Report
- 9 Late Aug/early Sept with 15 month old - where to?
- 10 hilicopter tour oahu
- 11 DC/MD/VA GTG in the Fall, Lunch on Oct. 3
- 12 After FL and CA, where else in the US with a 7-year-old?
- 13 Where to stay for 1 night near Morgantown WV
- 14 CA AZ UT NV Road Trip
- 15 Good VRBO Neighborhoods in New Orleans?
- 16 Pittsburgh Trip
- 17 Itin Help: S St Seaport, Battery Park, B'wahy
- 18 San Diego Clothing Help (woman)
- 19 The Southern Coast of Maine 3 nights
- 20 10 days in Arizona
- 21 a lovely week in Grand Lake
- 22 Hotel reservations in/near Denali NP
- 23 Boston travel to North Carolina
- 24 Vegas/California May 2016
- 25 Traveling to NYC - staying over Thanksgiving
Best Easy Trail in the Smokies and Best Plantation/Estate Visit