I actually have two separate questions. One is what would be a good trail for a "novice" hiker in the Great Smoky Mountains? I read about Laurel Falls, Grotto Falls and Indian Falls trails and wondered which one people have done and enjoyed. We want something not too strenuous but one that offers really nice scenic views. Driving wise I read about Cades Cove and the Roaring Fork Motor Trail but we want to do some nice hikes too.
The other question which maybe I should post separately is among The Hermitage Andrew Jackson's Estate, Belle Meade Plantation and the Cheekwood Museum and Gardens from the Maxwell House Estate, which ones do people prefer? I don't think we will have time enough for all three so which are the best two?
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Any Estero Island/Ft Myers experts?
- 2 Suggestion for Las Vegas to Yosemite in July
- 3 Fodor's Travel QA Test_20170119111907
- 4 Fodor's Travel QA Test_20170119115046
- 5 Fodor's Travel QA Test_20161230120556
- 6 Florida beach vacation
- 7 Trip to USA in July
- 8 sight seeing Las Vegas to Palm Springs to Sante Fe
- 9 Beaches in Incline Village
- 10 Change planes in Atlanta
- 11 Fodor's Travel QA Test_20170119110010
- 12 San Diego to Oregon road trip itinerary
- 13 Key West luxury hotels
- 14 USA Trip in 4 Weeks
- 15 LAX Time Between Terminals
- 16 Coffee in Boston?
- 17 Scenic vistas along the road the big island Hawaii
- 18 Florida vacation
- 19 Later Winter around Mobile
- 20 a short trip to san francisco
- 21 Orlando Travel Guide – Theme Parks Not Included
- 22 Early 2017 Broadway Banter - "Come From Away"
- 23 Has anyone rent US travel WiFi before?
- 24 Best route to tour most of Michigan-Help!
- 25 LV off strip hotels with shuttles to strip
Best Easy Trail in the Smokies and Best Plantation/Estate Visit