I actually have two separate questions. One is what would be a good trail for a "novice" hiker in the Great Smoky Mountains? I read about Laurel Falls, Grotto Falls and Indian Falls trails and wondered which one people have done and enjoyed. We want something not too strenuous but one that offers really nice scenic views. Driving wise I read about Cades Cove and the Roaring Fork Motor Trail but we want to do some nice hikes too.
The other question which maybe I should post separately is among The Hermitage Andrew Jackson's Estate, Belle Meade Plantation and the Cheekwood Museum and Gardens from the Maxwell House Estate, which ones do people prefer? I don't think we will have time enough for all three so which are the best two?
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Asbury Park, NJ area help
- 2 Big Island Itinerary Feedback
- 3 Waikoloa restaurants?
- 4 Best MGM owned hotel on the Las Vegas Strip?
- 5 Dallas or Atlanta in January??
- 6 Agriturisimos in Napa, Sonoma?
- 7 Newark Airport Hotel for a day
- 8 4 days in Colorado in December with kids
- 9 Washington State Anniversary Weekend Getaway
- 10 I40 East in November
- 11 Grand Canyon to LA
- 12 Good areas for families in Tampa, FL
- 13 Restaurant recomendations in the east 54th Street area, please.
- 14 New England Fall trip- road trip
- 15 Two days and no car in San francisco
- 16 Need help planning Arizona & California Desert trip in March
- 17 Overnight parking in San Francisco
- 18 Birmingham, Alabama in December
- 19 Santa Monica / Venice Beach flat or house for a week
- 20 Where to stay in NYC
- 21 Death Valley
- 22 Thanksgiving in New Orleans and Tulane Visit
- 23 Utah/Vegas road trip - directions
- 24 How can I buy a condo for cheap in florida?
- 25 What is a good city to live in in Florida.
Best Easy Trail in the Smokies and Best Plantation/Estate Visit