I actually have two separate questions. One is what would be a good trail for a "novice" hiker in the Great Smoky Mountains? I read about Laurel Falls, Grotto Falls and Indian Falls trails and wondered which one people have done and enjoyed. We want something not too strenuous but one that offers really nice scenic views. Driving wise I read about Cades Cove and the Roaring Fork Motor Trail but we want to do some nice hikes too.
The other question which maybe I should post separately is among The Hermitage Andrew Jackson's Estate, Belle Meade Plantation and the Cheekwood Museum and Gardens from the Maxwell House Estate, which ones do people prefer? I don't think we will have time enough for all three so which are the best two?
Thanks in advance.
Best Easy Trail in the Smokies and Best Plantation/Estate Visit
- 1 stay near newark or nyc
- 2 Carmel, California where to stay??
- 3 Less commercial beach?
- 4 2 Brits Travelling USA July-Aug 2013
- 5 Maui. . .where to stay for local feel
- 6 First-Time Hawaii Advice
- 7 Manzanita Or restaurants
- 8 I-5 bridge over Skagit River collapses, cars with people in water |
- 9 Pine Barrens- where to stay ?
- 10 Kauai golf
- 11 Trip Itinerary Advice Needed - 1wk Yellowstone & Tetons
- 12 JFK to Upper West Side by subway
- 13 East coast tour - Part2: Phily, Washington, Niagara Falls
- 14 East coast tour - Part1: NYC
- 15 Boston, my 2 hour food shopping spree to satiate my man's needs
- 16 15 hrs layoff at Miami International- Key West Possible ?
- 17 Trail Ridge Road in Rocky Mountain National Park opens today
- 18 Pick up north of Boston Logan
- 19 Maine - July 5th to July 14
- 20 Traveling the upper west coast into vancouver
- 21 Cape Ann area
- 22 Yosemite Falls Lodge in the park or Cedar Lodge w/ budget constraints
- 23 Where to stay Charleston SC
- 24 San Franciso to Vancouver
- 25 10 days after cruise - Fort Lauderdale Fly out from LA?????