I actually have two separate questions. One is what would be a good trail for a "novice" hiker in the Great Smoky Mountains? I read about Laurel Falls, Grotto Falls and Indian Falls trails and wondered which one people have done and enjoyed. We want something not too strenuous but one that offers really nice scenic views. Driving wise I read about Cades Cove and the Roaring Fork Motor Trail but we want to do some nice hikes too.
The other question which maybe I should post separately is among The Hermitage Andrew Jackson's Estate, Belle Meade Plantation and the Cheekwood Museum and Gardens from the Maxwell House Estate, which ones do people prefer? I don't think we will have time enough for all three so which are the best two?
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Charlottesville & NC BBQ Trip Report
- 2 Oregon Coast question
- 3 Hawaii wedding
- 4 California road trip
- 5 Luau Worth the Money or Not?
- 6 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017
- 7 Blackwater Falls State Park Lodge vs. Canaan Valley Resort
- 8 Oregon Coast with 1, 4 and 6, year old
- 9 Used point to reserve room now a friend wants to stay for free
- 10 Grand Canyon in February?? Doable?
- 11 Self-Guided Walking Tours For Savannah and Charleston
- 12 Moving to Montana
- 13 WNY, Cleveland, and Niagara on the Lake
- 14 Makana Charter Reviews in Kauai?
- 15 Tetons, Yellowstone help
- 16 First Time to Seattle-Portland-Willamette Valley
- 17 Solo Trip to Mid-West
- 18 Savanah GA
- 19 transportation from Plano TX to Norman OK
- 20 Florida with a 2 year old
- 21 traveling I 70 across Colorado
- 22 ASAP Help w/San Fran to San Diego 12 day road trip with young kids
- 23 Colorado itinerary
- 24 West Virginia -the 49th state!
- 25 Driving through Chicago area to Wisconsin
Best Easy Trail in the Smokies and Best Plantation/Estate Visit