I actually have two separate questions. One is what would be a good trail for a "novice" hiker in the Great Smoky Mountains? I read about Laurel Falls, Grotto Falls and Indian Falls trails and wondered which one people have done and enjoyed. We want something not too strenuous but one that offers really nice scenic views. Driving wise I read about Cades Cove and the Roaring Fork Motor Trail but we want to do some nice hikes too.
The other question which maybe I should post separately is among The Hermitage Andrew Jackson's Estate, Belle Meade Plantation and the Cheekwood Museum and Gardens from the Maxwell House Estate, which ones do people prefer? I don't think we will have time enough for all three so which are the best two?
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Last minute trip to Boston w/ kids and car
- 2 Glacier National Park in September
- 3 World's Longest Yard Sale - don't go!
- 4 Rocky Mountaineer added to Cruise
- 5 San Francisco through Colorado Rockies
- 6 trip to Charlettesville VA
- 7 Suggestion on agenda for SF to Seattle
- 8 Recommendation: Beachfront in VA or MD walking distance to quaint downtown
- 9 New Software
- 10 How many days for Martha's Vineyard? And Cape Cod in general
- 11 Yellowstone and Tetons in July 2016
- 12 Attending a wedding on Nantucket !
- 13 3 week road trip South Carolina and Georgia
- 14 Road trip: Boston to Salt Lake City
- 15 Los Angeles Indefinitely
- 16 Rough (very) initial USA itinerary
- 17 Helpp JKF to lyndhurst NJ
- 18 Want to relocate out of Houston and maybe Texas. To NC or TN
- 19 Trip Report 2012 : 11 wonderful days in Alaska
- 20 Visiting Oregon - Portland to Crater Lake
- 21 Thinking of moving FROM Pittsburgh TO Seattle
- 22 Aussie family heading to the US for the first time
- 23 Lake Tahoe hotel with a lake view
- 24 September trip Portland/Seattle
- 25 Help Planning Zion/Bryce Itinerary
Best Easy Trail in the Smokies and Best Plantation/Estate Visit