I actually have two separate questions. One is what would be a good trail for a "novice" hiker in the Great Smoky Mountains? I read about Laurel Falls, Grotto Falls and Indian Falls trails and wondered which one people have done and enjoyed. We want something not too strenuous but one that offers really nice scenic views. Driving wise I read about Cades Cove and the Roaring Fork Motor Trail but we want to do some nice hikes too.
The other question which maybe I should post separately is among The Hermitage Andrew Jackson's Estate, Belle Meade Plantation and the Cheekwood Museum and Gardens from the Maxwell House Estate, which ones do people prefer? I don't think we will have time enough for all three so which are the best two?
Thanks in advance.
Best Easy Trail in the Smokies and Best Plantation/Estate Visit
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Quick advice needed for 1st visit to HNL & Kauai
- 2 Florida St George's Island
- 3 Richmond highlights?
- 4 Relocation: Where Do We Fit In
- 5 What do you do when your VRBO rental is a nightmare in Lake Geneva?
- 6 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 7 Washington DC in Spring?
- 8 Weather in Hawaii in January
- 9 Good area to stay in for young (20-something) married couple?
- 10 Need good hotel for couple with teen daughter for 2 nights: shopping, plays, not over $600. Which???
- 11 Arches National Park in a day
- 12 Drinking a beer in all 50 states for cancer reseach. Need bar suggestions!
- 13 4 week family trip ideas
- 14 DC in Dec-Restaurant ideas near Hilton Mark Alexandria
- 15 Central Park Fall Foliage
- 16 Looking for Next Destination
- 17 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 18 Broadway this week
- 19 East Coast to West Coast travel route
- 20 Union Square area restaurant
- 21 Packer game hotel on the bus line.
- 22 What to do x5 days after Disneyworld for couple w/no kids.
- 23 Transportation: Clearwater airport to the coast
- 24 Things to do in and around Westbrook, CT in November 2014
- 25 NYC becoming a battleground for Air BnB apartment rentals