I actually have two separate questions. One is what would be a good trail for a "novice" hiker in the Great Smoky Mountains? I read about Laurel Falls, Grotto Falls and Indian Falls trails and wondered which one people have done and enjoyed. We want something not too strenuous but one that offers really nice scenic views. Driving wise I read about Cades Cove and the Roaring Fork Motor Trail but we want to do some nice hikes too.
The other question which maybe I should post separately is among The Hermitage Andrew Jackson's Estate, Belle Meade Plantation and the Cheekwood Museum and Gardens from the Maxwell House Estate, which ones do people prefer? I don't think we will have time enough for all three so which are the best two?
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Botanical gardens on Maui, Hilo, and Kauai: how much do they differ?
- 2 sf Chinatown restaurant
- 3 City of Seattle: What we might miss and the kick ourselves later
- 4 Suggestions for Sedona and Grand Canyon
- 5 Downtown Denver hotel
- 6 Hotel location Albuquerque
- 7 When will Key West be recovered from Irma?
- 8 Great Lakes extended road trip
- 9 San Diego with teens in Februsry
- 10 Olympic National Park (3-4 Days)
- 11 Los Angeles Area Restaurants - 2017 Edition
- 12 Philadelphia Traffic Help
- 13 San Diego VRBO area
- 14 Queen Anne or Belltown Hotel
- 15 Glacier National Park 2018
- 16 Muir Woods in October
- 17 2 Grannies, 2 parents & 1 three-yr-old
- 18 Alaska 19 day itinerary - comments/opinions, please?
- 19 Chicago - Memphis - NO - Anaheim (train/plane and taxi)
- 20 Southbound lanes at San Ysidro Border Crossing close for 57 hrs.
- 21 Disneyland Grand Californian
- 22 Overnight stay along Newburyport/Rockport train line
- 23 Colorado Shows Off
- 24 New England Tour
- 25 Kauai: First Trip Help Please
Best Easy Trail in the Smokies and Best Plantation/Estate Visit