I actually have two separate questions. One is what would be a good trail for a "novice" hiker in the Great Smoky Mountains? I read about Laurel Falls, Grotto Falls and Indian Falls trails and wondered which one people have done and enjoyed. We want something not too strenuous but one that offers really nice scenic views. Driving wise I read about Cades Cove and the Roaring Fork Motor Trail but we want to do some nice hikes too.
The other question which maybe I should post separately is among The Hermitage Andrew Jackson's Estate, Belle Meade Plantation and the Cheekwood Museum and Gardens from the Maxwell House Estate, which ones do people prefer? I don't think we will have time enough for all three so which are the best two?
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Washington DC with kids
- 2 About In-road Tours and Travels
- 3 help from a true New Yorker.
- 4 http://metabogarciniahelp.com/lmage-eye-serum/
- 5 8 Days in Yellowstone/GTNP
- 6 Road trip from North Carolina to Maine
- 7 Road trip through southern US states - must-see suggestions?
- 8 waiting line queue management system
- 9 Port Angelas -Vegas
- 10 Our House Has no Hot Tub - Where to Soak in Crested Butte
- 11 Help! Road Trip from Boulder to Oregon 2/2016
- 12 Safety Concerns
- 13 Bronx Help to visit hospital
- 14 Jul, Aug or Sept for California trip, which is preferable and why?
- 15 Alaska independent tour for group
- 16 Best 2 (or 3) Day Drive Between Phoenix & Palm Springs?
- 17 Native and Natural Interests near the Grand Canyon
- 18 5 days in Colorado
- 19 Trip to northern California
- 20 Charleston+Kiawah+Asheville+?
- 21 40th in Key West
- 22 Downtown Chicago
- 23 Homeless family murdered in Staten Island Motel
- 24 Alaska -public transport
- 25 Hamilton Broadway
Best Easy Trail in the Smokies and Best Plantation/Estate Visit