I actually have two separate questions. One is what would be a good trail for a "novice" hiker in the Great Smoky Mountains? I read about Laurel Falls, Grotto Falls and Indian Falls trails and wondered which one people have done and enjoyed. We want something not too strenuous but one that offers really nice scenic views. Driving wise I read about Cades Cove and the Roaring Fork Motor Trail but we want to do some nice hikes too.
The other question which maybe I should post separately is among The Hermitage Andrew Jackson's Estate, Belle Meade Plantation and the Cheekwood Museum and Gardens from the Maxwell House Estate, which ones do people prefer? I don't think we will have time enough for all three so which are the best two?
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Trip Report: 2 weeks from SF to Yellowstone and back, June 2016
- 2 Best restaurants?! - first time to NYC!
- 3 Los Angeles Indefinitely
- 4 Napa valley getaway
- 5 CA Fire - need revised itinerary help
- 6 Boston waterfront Italian
- 7 Day in Spokane
- 8 summer vacation
- 9 Kids Vacation Place
- 10 What to pack
- 11 AUGUST---7 day San Fran to San Diego
- 12 Honolulu Hotel Resort Fees
- 13 Road trip from Gulf Coast to Key West
- 14 Aug. cruise wardrobe
- 15 Need help with National Parks trip in 2017
- 16 First time, Best business class?
- 17 Restaurant Recs for Minneapolis
- 18 Planning Rim2Rim Hike at Grand Canyon
- 19 Spa at THE Hotel at Mandalay Bay
- 20 Zion and Bryce in July
- 21 Moving from Fresno CA to highpoint NC
- 22 Itinerary Help Needed
- 23 Trip Report 2012 : 11 wonderful days in Alaska
- 24 SW Colorado/San Juan Skyway ideas?
- 25 Between Naples and Fort Myers
Best Easy Trail in the Smokies and Best Plantation/Estate Visit