I actually have two separate questions. One is what would be a good trail for a "novice" hiker in the Great Smoky Mountains? I read about Laurel Falls, Grotto Falls and Indian Falls trails and wondered which one people have done and enjoyed. We want something not too strenuous but one that offers really nice scenic views. Driving wise I read about Cades Cove and the Roaring Fork Motor Trail but we want to do some nice hikes too.
The other question which maybe I should post separately is among The Hermitage Andrew Jackson's Estate, Belle Meade Plantation and the Cheekwood Museum and Gardens from the Maxwell House Estate, which ones do people prefer? I don't think we will have time enough for all three so which are the best two?
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Mountains, Hiking and Wildlife in Fall
- 2 San Fran to LA via PCH
- 3 International student, applying for school
- 4 Getting around in NYC
- 5 driving from LA to Portland
- 6 11 days SE coast road trip
- 7 advice for Short trip from Dallas to?
- 8 Where are the orcas near Seattle?
- 9 a lovely week in Grand Lake
- 10 Condo rental for snowbirds
- 11 DC/MD/VA GTG in the Fall, Lunch on Oct. 3
- 12 Laguna Beach, what to do
- 13 Road trip from Iowa to South Carolina
- 14 Another Quick NYC Trip - Food Ideas?
- 15 8wks Exploring Canada, Alaska & the Northwestern States
- 16 Road trip from and back to New York
- 17 50th in Hawaii
- 18 Bear cubs at Wild Animal Sanctuary
- 19 Martha's Vineyard_Day Trip
- 20 Silverthorne
- 21 New Issues with Air BnB in NYC
- 22 Places to stay in TX...?
- 23 Best Affordable Hotel to Stay in Montana - Deborah
- 24 Trip Report - Chicago - Thunstorms, Thunderstorms, Thunderstorms
- 25 Afternoon in Philadelphia
Best Easy Trail in the Smokies and Best Plantation/Estate Visit