I actually have two separate questions. One is what would be a good trail for a "novice" hiker in the Great Smoky Mountains? I read about Laurel Falls, Grotto Falls and Indian Falls trails and wondered which one people have done and enjoyed. We want something not too strenuous but one that offers really nice scenic views. Driving wise I read about Cades Cove and the Roaring Fork Motor Trail but we want to do some nice hikes too.
The other question which maybe I should post separately is among The Hermitage Andrew Jackson's Estate, Belle Meade Plantation and the Cheekwood Museum and Gardens from the Maxwell House Estate, which ones do people prefer? I don't think we will have time enough for all three so which are the best two?
Thanks in advance.
Best Easy Trail in the Smokies and Best Plantation/Estate Visit
- 1 Planning Road Trip Seattle to Denver and Back
- 2 Retiring in Colorado
- 3 WHERE TO STAY FOR PROPOSAL WEEKEND IN FREDRICKSBURG
- 4 Air Bnb Declared Illegal in NYC
- 5 East coast tour - Part1: NYC
- 6 Pick up north of Boston Logan
- 7 East coast tour - Part2: Phily, Washington, Niagara Falls
- 8 Newport, RI Questions
- 9 Question about Northeast Wisconsin along the lake
- 10 East coast tour - Part3: Florida
- 11 Savannah restaurants
- 12 Northern Idaho - Western Montana Drive
- 13 State cracking down on vacation rentals?
- 14 Need a bit of help planning a 3 week trip to the US
- 15 Best place to raise a family in Florida
- 16 Washington DC - Philadelphia - New York extravaganza
- 17 DC Itinerary, June 8-13, suggestions welcome!
- 18 Denver 1 day in denver
- 19 Boston and surrounding area
- 20 First-time to NYC Trip Report as promised!
- 21 Santa Fe at the end of May?
- 22 Yellowstone Hiking Suggestions for a 7 1/2 Year Old
- 23 Hawaii- Can't decide which islands to include
- 24 Honeymoon to Kauai and Maui from the East Coast
- 25 Middlebury vt quickie