I actually have two separate questions. One is what would be a good trail for a "novice" hiker in the Great Smoky Mountains? I read about Laurel Falls, Grotto Falls and Indian Falls trails and wondered which one people have done and enjoyed. We want something not too strenuous but one that offers really nice scenic views. Driving wise I read about Cades Cove and the Roaring Fork Motor Trail but we want to do some nice hikes too.
The other question which maybe I should post separately is among The Hermitage Andrew Jackson's Estate, Belle Meade Plantation and the Cheekwood Museum and Gardens from the Maxwell House Estate, which ones do people prefer? I don't think we will have time enough for all three so which are the best two?
Thanks in advance.
Best Easy Trail in the Smokies and Best Plantation/Estate Visit
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 West coast and East coast trip for 18 days
- 2 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 3 rain in Kauai
- 4 My Boston weekend...killing time near MGH
- 5 Washington, DC to Boston
- 6 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,
- 7 San Diego Trip Report
- 8 Drive from Lake Winnipesaukee to Portland, ME.
- 9 Meredith or Wolfeboro
- 10 Baggage on United and Delta Flights
- 11 MACINAC ISLAND, MI TO CHICAGO, IL
- 12 Colorado Trip in Late May 2014
- 13 MACINAC ISLAND, MICHIGAN
- 14 WISCONSIN
- 15 MICHIGAN - UPPER PENINSULA
- 16 RIP Rizzoli, J&R Music, Pearl Paint
- 17 Lunch with little girls UWS?
- 18 Yellowstone and Grand Tetons Sept - Itinerary/Lodging Decisions
- 19 Driving into Manhattan route?
- 20 A few hours in Salt Lake City
- 21 Hotel in Santa Barbara
- 22 Phoenix restaurants
- 23 Favorite Flightseeing from Anchorage in June?
- 24 Where to Go for Labor Day Weekend??
- 25 Road trip to include Boston and Concord: where to stay?