I actually have two separate questions. One is what would be a good trail for a "novice" hiker in the Great Smoky Mountains? I read about Laurel Falls, Grotto Falls and Indian Falls trails and wondered which one people have done and enjoyed. We want something not too strenuous but one that offers really nice scenic views. Driving wise I read about Cades Cove and the Roaring Fork Motor Trail but we want to do some nice hikes too.
The other question which maybe I should post separately is among The Hermitage Andrew Jackson's Estate, Belle Meade Plantation and the Cheekwood Museum and Gardens from the Maxwell House Estate, which ones do people prefer? I don't think we will have time enough for all three so which are the best two?
Thanks in advance.
Best Easy Trail in the Smokies and Best Plantation/Estate Visit
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 2 weeks in California++ in April - Need suggestions on itinerary
- 2 California San Diego area lodging
- 3 Stopover between Las Vegas and Yosemite
- 4 Tallest and largest living Saguaros at Saguaro National Park
- 5 Hotel: Union Sq. or Fisherman's Wharf?
- 6 Favorite Casual D.C. Restaurants?
- 7 Hotel Consturction in NYC
- 8 Car Rental - NYC help me figure out logistics
- 9 Broadway show suggestions April 22 or 23
- 10 Advice on Roadtrip
- 11 Cabin in Northern Maine
- 12 New Orleans - good side trip in a car?
- 13 Sedona & Grand Canyon - 1 week trip from Phoenix
- 14 North Conway, Jackson or where to stay in October
- 15 Fall trip, best location to stay in Vermont. Need help please.
- 16 Furnace Creek Inn or Ranch
- 17 Old Town Alexandria Restaurants?
- 18 Friendship, fiddling, and freezing in Boston
- 19 Montana- what are must see places?
- 20 Kauai our way! A Feb 2015 Trip Report
- 21 Hanging Lake Hike (CO) with Kids?
- 22 from Moab to Bryce
- 23 16 Days in Utah and Colorado with Our 2 Young Boys!
- 24 Chicago to New England Road trip
- 25 Drive from San Francisco to Seattle