I actually have two separate questions. One is what would be a good trail for a "novice" hiker in the Great Smoky Mountains? I read about Laurel Falls, Grotto Falls and Indian Falls trails and wondered which one people have done and enjoyed. We want something not too strenuous but one that offers really nice scenic views. Driving wise I read about Cades Cove and the Roaring Fork Motor Trail but we want to do some nice hikes too.
The other question which maybe I should post separately is among The Hermitage Andrew Jackson's Estate, Belle Meade Plantation and the Cheekwood Museum and Gardens from the Maxwell House Estate, which ones do people prefer? I don't think we will have time enough for all three so which are the best two?
Thanks in advance.
Best Easy Trail in the Smokies and Best Plantation/Estate Visit
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton itinerary - advice requested please!
- 2 10 day trip to California
- 3 Broken Bow, Oklahoma in the Fall
- 4 Oregon, Washington, Amtrak
- 5 Drive along the Columbia River
- 6 Boutique Hotels - NYC
- 7 Wine Country Picnic
- 8 New York City Taking First Steps Against Air BnB Members
- 9 DRIVING ACROSS COUNTRY EAST TO WEST MID MAY TO JUNE
- 10 Audio Driving Tour Big Island and Oahu
- 11 Hawaii Trip. Paradise Lost (Or At Least Misplaced)
- 12 Boston/Fenway park
- 13 Oregon to SF - avoid Coastal Route
- 14 Cabin Honeymoon Out West
- 15 Santa Fe advice needed (40th anniversary)
- 16 Dining Suggestions for the Baltimore/Annapolis Area?
- 17 Recommendations for four days in Las Vegas
- 18 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,
- 19 Where to go in Maine?
- 20 Magnificient, Marvelous Montana!
- 21 Timeshare Nightmares
- 22 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 23 Downtown Denver restaurant recommendation, please~
- 24 Where to stay with kids in Nashville
- 25 East Coast road trip from Boston to Washington DC