I actually have two separate questions. One is what would be a good trail for a "novice" hiker in the Great Smoky Mountains? I read about Laurel Falls, Grotto Falls and Indian Falls trails and wondered which one people have done and enjoyed. We want something not too strenuous but one that offers really nice scenic views. Driving wise I read about Cades Cove and the Roaring Fork Motor Trail but we want to do some nice hikes too.
The other question which maybe I should post separately is among The Hermitage Andrew Jackson's Estate, Belle Meade Plantation and the Cheekwood Museum and Gardens from the Maxwell House Estate, which ones do people prefer? I don't think we will have time enough for all three so which are the best two?
Thanks in advance.
Best Easy Trail in the Smokies and Best Plantation/Estate Visit
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Help w road trip from Huntington Beach to SF, skipping LA area
- 2 Alaska trip -Labor Day weekend
- 3 Need help with Yellowstone and area starting in SLC
- 4 Another Southwest Airlines Early Bird Question
- 5 Heading to Maine in September - Where are the moose?
- 6 Ideas for 1st time trip to LA/Santa Monica/Hollywood with 16 yr old
- 7 relocating travel
- 8 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 9 Vegas - Grand Canyon - Tucson
- 10 Hiking Arches or Canyonlands National Park in fall?
- 11 Hearst Castle - Is the Grand Rooms tour really the best for first timers?
- 12 Mesa Verde
- 13 NEW YORK CITY!!!
- 14 Is Fox Rent A Car any good?
- 15 Seattle Hyatts
- 16 No accomodation in Hana...should we forget about it?
- 17 Trip to the Adirondacks
- 18 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 19 LA via Death Valley, Grand Canyon to Vegas
- 20 A tour of an Amish Community near Midland MI
- 21 Vail or Aspen in summertime?
- 22 Half Moon Bay, CA - stay there or go to Napa Valley?
- 23 Amtrak Train from California to Oregon or Washington
- 24 LUNCH IN ORLANDO, FL
- 25 December Break Need Recommendations for Southern Travel