I actually have two separate questions. One is what would be a good trail for a "novice" hiker in the Great Smoky Mountains? I read about Laurel Falls, Grotto Falls and Indian Falls trails and wondered which one people have done and enjoyed. We want something not too strenuous but one that offers really nice scenic views. Driving wise I read about Cades Cove and the Roaring Fork Motor Trail but we want to do some nice hikes too.
The other question which maybe I should post separately is among The Hermitage Andrew Jackson's Estate, Belle Meade Plantation and the Cheekwood Museum and Gardens from the Maxwell House Estate, which ones do people prefer? I don't think we will have time enough for all three so which are the best two?
Thanks in advance.
Best Easy Trail in the Smokies and Best Plantation/Estate Visit
- 1 I HATE COLD SORES!!
- 2 Finally, seeing the Outer Banks
- 3 D.C. in a day
- 4 New Orleans trip (plus road trip) Help Pls!
- 5 time for a new countdown to Hawaii
- 6 Yellowstone Snow Melt, Roads and Trails - Timing
- 7 Washington DC - Philadelphia - New York extravaganza
- 8 A visit to Fallingwater and places nearby
- 9 Best places to stop New Orleans to Los Angeles
- 10 Using public transit in San Diego
- 11 Can Foodies Overcome the Flu in Honolulu? A March 2013 Oahu TR...
- 12 10 days after cruise - Fort Lauderdale Fly out from LA?????
- 13 What to do with extra day in Virginia?
- 14 1st time in Boston --need advice
- 15 Help finalizing August itinerary for Utah NPs (with a child)
- 16 Southern Utah and GC Trip Cont.- Itinerary Help
- 17 Seattle restaurants in Queen Anne neighborhood?
- 18 San Francisco - one semi-splurge restaurant?
- 19 Seattle Hotel Choice and Other Questions
- 20 First-time to NYC Trip Report as promised!
- 21 Luggage stolen from locked rental car in Orlando
- 22 Need help with itinerary to Seattle, Oregon, California
- 23 San Fran, Napa, Palo Alto, Carmel advice
- 24 Rocks and Roads in Utah
- 25 2 Brits Travelling USA July-Aug 2013