I actually have two separate questions. One is what would be a good trail for a "novice" hiker in the Great Smoky Mountains? I read about Laurel Falls, Grotto Falls and Indian Falls trails and wondered which one people have done and enjoyed. We want something not too strenuous but one that offers really nice scenic views. Driving wise I read about Cades Cove and the Roaring Fork Motor Trail but we want to do some nice hikes too.
The other question which maybe I should post separately is among The Hermitage Andrew Jackson's Estate, Belle Meade Plantation and the Cheekwood Museum and Gardens from the Maxwell House Estate, which ones do people prefer? I don't think we will have time enough for all three so which are the best two?
Thanks in advance.
Best Easy Trail in the Smokies and Best Plantation/Estate Visit
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Universal studios/Orlando
- 2 Most affordable Wineries in Northern California near Napa?
- 3 Florida, Gulf Coast recommendations
- 4 Help for an upcoming NYC trip.
- 5 Great Smokies - Seasonal Closings
- 6 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii
- 7 Road Trip Sept/Oct (4 weeks) Key West-Carolina's-Nashville-Memphis-Dallas-Denver
- 8 First family ski trip
- 9 NYC theatre broadway
- 10 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 11 What to do in Pawley's Island in Early March?
- 12 Need Ideas for Quiet Vacation in Upstate New York
- 13 Spending February on the Florida Panhandle
- 14 Über, peer sharing sites, and insurance
- 15 Salt Lake City, Utah
- 16 USA with a 3 year old
- 17 Death Valley in June in a motorhome
- 18 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 19 Best seafood restaurant in Boston
- 20 Accomodations in Seattle for 15
- 21 A dreamy week on Kauai with three generations
- 22 Dividing time in Grand Canyon
- 23 Looking for Destination Ideas
- 24 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 25 Looking for Hotel Alternatives on Coast to Coast Trip