I actually have two separate questions. One is what would be a good trail for a "novice" hiker in the Great Smoky Mountains? I read about Laurel Falls, Grotto Falls and Indian Falls trails and wondered which one people have done and enjoyed. We want something not too strenuous but one that offers really nice scenic views. Driving wise I read about Cades Cove and the Roaring Fork Motor Trail but we want to do some nice hikes too.
The other question which maybe I should post separately is among The Hermitage Andrew Jackson's Estate, Belle Meade Plantation and the Cheekwood Museum and Gardens from the Maxwell House Estate, which ones do people prefer? I don't think we will have time enough for all three so which are the best two?
Thanks in advance.
Best Easy Trail in the Smokies and Best Plantation/Estate Visit
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Washington DC - where to stay & commute
- 2 New Mexico - Where Would You Go?
- 3 suggestions for restaurants/ breweries/wineries- Northern coast
- 4 Restaurants Chicago June
- 5 Restaurant recomendations in the east 54th Street area, please.
- 6 Feedback on Idaho Itinerary
- 7 Retirement Bucket List Trip: Santa Fe, Colorado Springs, Denver
- 8 tip for valet parking
- 9 New Orleans
- 10 California: Getty museum
- 11 Purchase of Florida Condo
- 12 Seattle - newby questions
- 13 Old Town Alexandria Restaurants?
- 14 Family friendly weekend get away not far from Chicago
- 15 Help with Moab itinerary for an overacheiver
- 16 NYC hotel/July
- 17 Alaska Marine highway - worth the 2 day trip?
- 18 Fun Home now on Broadway
- 19 Last Minute help needed! Santa Cruz? Capitola? San Jose? Los Gatos?
- 20 Grand Circle Road Trip with Older Parents
- 21 Favorite Casual D.C. Restaurants?
- 22 West Coast US trip from Sep to Oct 15 for 30days
- 23 Girlfriends getaway in San Francisco
- 24 Sheraton Maui or Maui Marriott Ocean Club
- 25 NYC with my 13 year old