I actually have two separate questions. One is what would be a good trail for a "novice" hiker in the Great Smoky Mountains? I read about Laurel Falls, Grotto Falls and Indian Falls trails and wondered which one people have done and enjoyed. We want something not too strenuous but one that offers really nice scenic views. Driving wise I read about Cades Cove and the Roaring Fork Motor Trail but we want to do some nice hikes too.
The other question which maybe I should post separately is among The Hermitage Andrew Jackson's Estate, Belle Meade Plantation and the Cheekwood Museum and Gardens from the Maxwell House Estate, which ones do people prefer? I don't think we will have time enough for all three so which are the best two?
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 6 days in Boston - review itinerary & other recs needed
- 2 Seattle to Portland- ideas for places to stay?
- 3 Alaska Trip Report: Anchorage, Denali, Seward, Juneau & Glacier Bay
- 4 Cody, Wyoming rodeo
- 5 Our Badlands, Black Hills, Yellowstone Adventure, June 2015
- 6 Best route to Cody?
- 7 Miami Transportation Mid-Beach to South Beach
- 8 Help finalize my Colorado activities & lodging
- 9 NYC Vacation Packages - Two Thumbs Up!
- 10 Las Vegas
- 11 Los Angeles 4 nghts/5days
- 12 Yosemite and Sequoia
- 13 Bath County, VA - anyone ever been?
- 14 national/state park in November
- 15 Road trip NYC to Dallas
- 16 Family trip to San Diego. Itinerary help!
- 17 50th in Hawaii
- 18 Florida Family vacation in California
- 19 Western Trip - CO, Utah, NV
- 20 Driving route: Monument Valley to Moab on hot day
- 21 traveling to Nashville
- 22 The Big Island, Kauai, and Maui: A Songdoc Trip Report
- 23 Trip Report - San Francisco advise for 1st timers like us!!
- 24 San Francisco California
- 25 My Topic Tennessee; no makeup or hair products
Best Easy Trail in the Smokies and Best Plantation/Estate Visit