I actually have two separate questions. One is what would be a good trail for a "novice" hiker in the Great Smoky Mountains? I read about Laurel Falls, Grotto Falls and Indian Falls trails and wondered which one people have done and enjoyed. We want something not too strenuous but one that offers really nice scenic views. Driving wise I read about Cades Cove and the Roaring Fork Motor Trail but we want to do some nice hikes too.
The other question which maybe I should post separately is among The Hermitage Andrew Jackson's Estate, Belle Meade Plantation and the Cheekwood Museum and Gardens from the Maxwell House Estate, which ones do people prefer? I don't think we will have time enough for all three so which are the best two?
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 "Unique" New York City Experiences-Yours
- 2 East Nashville or Hillsboro Village
- 3 Miami
- 4 Weegee...you can't be a 'nice Nellie' and do street photography
- 5 Back from the Big Easy
- 6 Driving Alaska
- 7 Oregon or California to Nebraska
- 8 Zion National Park Hikes and HOtels
- 9 Yellowstone/Grand Tetons (Oct 2016)
- 10 Traveling into the US with Alcohol
- 11 March in New Mexico
- 12 San Francisco/Northern California Trip
- 13 In search of cool beach town in the Carolinas
- 14 Transportation suggestions from Charleston Executive Airport
- 15 Suggestions for beach towns on FL west coast?
- 16 DIA to Estes Park in mid-Feb. 4x4?
- 17 Border crossing
- 18 Is Fox Rent A Car any good?
- 19 Last minute Keys Trip Advice Please
- 20 NYC Girls' Weekend Trip Report
- 21 Yellowstone Hikes questions
- 22 Flowers and Berries in Oregon
- 23 Early 2017 Broadway Banter - "Come From Away"
- 24 Cross country tips
- 25 Best May/Jun Yosemite lodging areas: Yosemite West, El Portal, or Wawona?
Best Easy Trail in the Smokies and Best Plantation/Estate Visit