My husband and I are driving from Philadelphia, PA up to Hartford, CT for a 4:00 pm Cirque du Soleil show this Friday. We are allowed to check into our hotel at 1pm so Im trying to coincide our arrival to Hartford with that 1pm check-in time.
I was wondering if anyone was familiar enough with this drive to help us decide which route to take. Ideally, and if its even possible, less traffic and more scenic beauty would be awesome. Keeping that in mind, I would greatly appreciate any feedback on the routes below:
Internet and map research has shown we could take:
1) 476 N to Scranton then 84 E (passing through Port Jervis and Danbury)
2) NJ Turnpike/95 N.
Also, Yahoo maps said it takes about 4.5 hours to make this trip-is this accurate? Because Im not familiar with the areas, Im not sure how much time to factor in for potential (inevitable?) traffic delays...
Finally, if youve had better luck with another route, please feel free to make suggestions!
Thanks so much for your help and have a wonderful evening-its beautiful here in PA tonight!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Guys Ski Trip in Breckenridge
- 2 Thank God I'm a Mountain Girl
- 3 Florida for a while
- 4 Nantucket ferry - how badly did I miscalculate?
- 5 Long Island near Brookhaven
- 6 Yoga Retreats
- 7 Snow in Cloudcroft i March
- 8 Florida apartments/condos?
- 9 Vermont Foliage Drive From Brattleboro
- 10 LA to Carlsbad, 7 days, December
- 11 Quick Acela Questions
- 12 Please help me with directions
- 13 Best way from LaGuardia to Stamford
- 14 Laguardia - god?/bad? Idea
- 15 Renting camper van/ motor home
- 16 Kid Friendly Acivities
- 17 Live theater in the PNW/BC in October?
- 18 8 Days in Colorado - First time
- 19 Denver/YellowStone /Urgent
- 20 My kingdom for an acai bowl on Hawaii Island
- 21 NYC - 2 days and nights mid week in May
- 22 Parking Downtown St. Louis
- 23 Broadway Banter? Fall 2016 - calling HowardR
- 24 JFK Airport Parking
- 25 Winery recommendations OR and WA