My husband and I are driving from Philadelphia, PA up to Hartford, CT for a 4:00 pm Cirque du Soleil show this Friday. We are allowed to check into our hotel at 1pm so Im trying to coincide our arrival to Hartford with that 1pm check-in time.
I was wondering if anyone was familiar enough with this drive to help us decide which route to take. Ideally, and if its even possible, less traffic and more scenic beauty would be awesome. Keeping that in mind, I would greatly appreciate any feedback on the routes below:
Internet and map research has shown we could take:
1) 476 N to Scranton then 84 E (passing through Port Jervis and Danbury)
2) NJ Turnpike/95 N.
Also, Yahoo maps said it takes about 4.5 hours to make this trip-is this accurate? Because Im not familiar with the areas, Im not sure how much time to factor in for potential (inevitable?) traffic delays...
Finally, if youve had better luck with another route, please feel free to make suggestions!
Thanks so much for your help and have a wonderful evening-its beautiful here in PA tonight!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 https://drfouly.net/le-revive-skincare/
- 2 Day hikes in Yosemite for family of 4 (2 teens)
- 3 Dining & Things to Do - North Bennington
- 4 Metropolitan Movers Newmarket GTA North
- 5 NEED AN URGENT LOAN?
- 6 A great gift for various occasions
- 7 Recommend an ATV Tour in UT, AZ or CO
- 8 Driving from San Fran to Seattle
- 9 Best Vegas hotel with 12 & 15 year olds
- 10 San Francisco, Yosemite, Carmel
- 11 Roadtrippin on Route 66
- 12 Key West Hidden Gem Hotels?
- 13 2-day romantic couple getaway in CO mountains?
- 14 Child safe Hawaii beaches in late October
- 15 San Diego/La Jolla?
- 16 Oahu condo-Ilikai
- 17 transportation from JFK to Newark airport 1 way
- 18 road trip
- 19 Thoughts on these 3 spots for Estes Park lodging?
- 20 Sept trip: San Diego, Disneyland and...?
- 21 Florida in October
- 22 Where to stay - Yosemite, Sequoia, Zion - late July
- 23 Yosemite traffic worth it for 2-3 days?
- 24 Hilton Waikoloa Village - Yay or Nay?
- 25 FLL to Key West