My husband and I are driving from Philadelphia, PA up to Hartford, CT for a 4:00 pm Cirque du Soleil show this Friday. We are allowed to check into our hotel at 1pm so Im trying to coincide our arrival to Hartford with that 1pm check-in time.
I was wondering if anyone was familiar enough with this drive to help us decide which route to take. Ideally, and if its even possible, less traffic and more scenic beauty would be awesome. Keeping that in mind, I would greatly appreciate any feedback on the routes below:
Internet and map research has shown we could take:
1) 476 N to Scranton then 84 E (passing through Port Jervis and Danbury)
2) NJ Turnpike/95 N.
Also, Yahoo maps said it takes about 4.5 hours to make this trip-is this accurate? Because Im not familiar with the areas, Im not sure how much time to factor in for potential (inevitable?) traffic delays...
Finally, if youve had better luck with another route, please feel free to make suggestions!
Thanks so much for your help and have a wonderful evening-its beautiful here in PA tonight!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://phytolyft.com/neutratone-skincare/
- 2 North Rim, Page, Bryce & Zion Advice
- 3 Inexpensive NYC Meals 2.0
- 4 Maui Bed and Breakfast
- 5 What type of hire car for Nat Parks in UT, AZ
- 6 Sonoma
- 7 Northwest Passage
- 8 Middle aged and overweight - can I hike
- 9 Fodor's Travel QA Test_20170428141326
- 10 ONLY 2 DAYS IN WILLIAMSBURG
- 11 Alaska cruise
- 12 Spur of the moment Chicago advice.
- 13 Family Colorado Road Trip
- 14 Fodor's Walt Disney World 2017 travel guide
- 15 Kauai - wow, just WOW!!!
- 16 Colorado Forest Die Off - How Awful Is It? Should We Visit Elsewhere?
- 17 101 closure
- 18 Springfield, IL to Louisville, KY best route
- 19 Lowkey, waterfront, natural area for winter months--no high rises
- 20 Seattle and Vancouver/Victoria
- 21 Cruise to Alaska. Ports- Juneau, Sitka, Ketchikan, Victoria
- 22 fairfeld inn or Hampton inn
- 23 NE Itinerary - Thoughts?
- 24 Trip Report 2012 : 11 wonderful days in Alaska
- 25 Gate1 8 Day Grand Canyon tour review/ Comments