My husband and I are driving from Philadelphia, PA up to Hartford, CT for a 4:00 pm Cirque du Soleil show this Friday. We are allowed to check into our hotel at 1pm so Im trying to coincide our arrival to Hartford with that 1pm check-in time.
I was wondering if anyone was familiar enough with this drive to help us decide which route to take. Ideally, and if its even possible, less traffic and more scenic beauty would be awesome. Keeping that in mind, I would greatly appreciate any feedback on the routes below:
Internet and map research has shown we could take:
1) 476 N to Scranton then 84 E (passing through Port Jervis and Danbury)
2) NJ Turnpike/95 N.
Also, Yahoo maps said it takes about 4.5 hours to make this trip-is this accurate? Because Im not familiar with the areas, Im not sure how much time to factor in for potential (inevitable?) traffic delays...
Finally, if youve had better luck with another route, please feel free to make suggestions!
Thanks so much for your help and have a wonderful evening-its beautiful here in PA tonight!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 New orleans recs for family
- 2 Spring Break National Park Visit
- 3 New England Road Trip Itinerary
- 4 Steamboat Springs, CO
- 5 OMG
- 6 My Colorado trip ?'s (June)
- 7 Any Estero Island/Ft Myers experts?
- 8 Oregon Trip March 2017
- 9 Florida beach vacation
- 10 Florida keys trip
- 11 USA Trip in 4 Weeks
- 12 Suggestion for Las Vegas to Yosemite in July
- 13 Hawaii Help
- 14 sight seeing Las Vegas to Palm Springs to Sante Fe
- 15 2 days in Vermont, Green Mountain area
- 16 Best route to tour most of Michigan-Help!
- 17 Driving from Provo to Grand Junction in March 2017
- 18 HAWAII; HELP!
- 19 28 Day Road Trip to the Northwest from Chicago
- 20 San Francisco to San Diego Road Trip with little kids
- 21 Coffee in Boston?
- 22 Palm Springs restaurant suggestions.
- 23 Fodor's Travel QA Test_20170119141330
- 24 Change planes in Atlanta
- 25 LAX Time Between Terminals