My husband and I are driving from Philadelphia, PA up to Hartford, CT for a 4:00 pm Cirque du Soleil show this Friday. We are allowed to check into our hotel at 1pm so Im trying to coincide our arrival to Hartford with that 1pm check-in time.
I was wondering if anyone was familiar enough with this drive to help us decide which route to take. Ideally, and if its even possible, less traffic and more scenic beauty would be awesome. Keeping that in mind, I would greatly appreciate any feedback on the routes below:
Internet and map research has shown we could take:
1) 476 N to Scranton then 84 E (passing through Port Jervis and Danbury)
2) NJ Turnpike/95 N.
Also, Yahoo maps said it takes about 4.5 hours to make this trip-is this accurate? Because Im not familiar with the areas, Im not sure how much time to factor in for potential (inevitable?) traffic delays...
Finally, if youve had better luck with another route, please feel free to make suggestions!
Thanks so much for your help and have a wonderful evening-its beautiful here in PA tonight!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Layover
- 2 Seattle?
- 3 Washington DC to Niagara Falls
- 4 Cape Cod Biking & Lodging
- 5 First Trip to New Mexico
- 6 Spring Break trip to National Park
- 7 October 2016 Hawaii trip help please
- 8 Luxury Mountain Resort in PA or WV for sightseeing
- 9 Other Manhattan Hotels
- 10 Destination and route guidance needed for Oct trip to New England.
- 11 Need advise sightseeing Seattle - Pendleton - Twin Falls - Yellowstone
- 12 November redwoods trip
- 13 20th Anniversary NYC Fringe Festival
- 14 Charleston - how long to stay?
- 15 Florida couples first trip to Maine
- 16 San Diego Sunset or La Jolla
- 17 Phantom of the Opera Row H Seats 101-102 thoughts?
- 18 new orleans french quarter hotels for "the ladies"
- 19 Wedding gifts?
- 20 December Vacation in Florida by Beach
- 21 My Avis/kona rental experience
- 22 Pacific Northwest Trip - Mother/Daughter
- 23 Parking a Ford Transit Passenger Van NYC
- 24 driving from Atlanta to Denver
- 25 SF Area - Fall Family Trip