I'm recently back from a big convention in SF and fortunate that my company put most of us up in the W Hotel, which is just half a block from Moscone Convention Center. This hotel has all the creature comforts you could imagine...there's even a "whatever, whenever" button on the phone. The bed (with about half a dozen down pillows and really luxurious linens) was heaven. The room was extremely quiet. The view from a huge window seat was magnificent. Service was impeccable. Business travel can be really crummy (there's a long thread about that somewhere on the US site), but I swear I never even experienced jetlag (I'm from MD) because of where I was staying. Plus, of course, for those stolen hours of free time, there's that terrific city to explore.
Best Convention City - SF
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Searching For The Rhythm Of Florida
- 2 Check List for a Sri Lankan Wedding
- 3 West coast and East coast trip for 18 days
- 4 Dim Sum and Pho in San Francisco
- 5 Chicago Architectural River Tours - which one for us?
- 6 Maui vacation
- 7 Chicago in early March 2015 - a dilemma...
- 8 Use of an iPad in France
- 9 New York City Taking First Steps Against Air BnB Members
- 10 New York City Restaurants
- 11 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 12 Helicopter tours from Vegas to Grand Canyon
- 13 2 Days in Portland - Best of?
- 14 Where to stay with kids in Nashville
- 15 Cabin Honeymoon Out West
- 16 DRIVING ACROSS COUNTRY EAST TO WEST MID MAY TO JUNE
- 17 Dining Suggestions for the Baltimore/Annapolis Area?
- 18 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 19 Boston/Fenway park
- 20 California self drive trip
- 21 Santa Fe advice needed (40th anniversary)
- 22 Boutique Hotels - NYC
- 23 Timeshare Nightmares
- 24 Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton itinerary - advice requested please!
- 25 10 day trip to California