I'm recently back from a big convention in SF and fortunate that my company put most of us up in the W Hotel, which is just half a block from Moscone Convention Center. This hotel has all the creature comforts you could imagine...there's even a "whatever, whenever" button on the phone. The bed (with about half a dozen down pillows and really luxurious linens) was heaven. The room was extremely quiet. The view from a huge window seat was magnificent. Service was impeccable. Business travel can be really crummy (there's a long thread about that somewhere on the US site), but I swear I never even experienced jetlag (I'm from MD) because of where I was staying. Plus, of course, for those stolen hours of free time, there's that terrific city to explore.
Best Convention City - SF
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Tipping advice
- 2 Dad and daughter trip to Santa Fe
- 3 Rules of the Sidewalk
- 4 charleston during Christmas Week
- 5 3 weeks in USA in February -- refined itinerary
- 6 Avis Car rental Loss Damage Waiver LDW Fraud
- 7 Advanced Reservations for USS Arizona Memorial Available Again
- 8 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 9 Queens, NY - Do not go
- 10 Fort Myers Beach vs Naples Beach
- 11 Tuscon to Las Vegas Drive in December
- 12 Hawaii Rental Cars - Book early
- 13 Boston, NYC or Chicago for 3rd weekend in March?
- 14 Maui - Need a Vegan-Friendly Restaurant Recommendation
- 15 Denver Airport to Downtown Sheraton--Transportation Options?
- 16 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 17 Charleston/Savannah/Asheville, 6 days enough?
- 18 Hotel - Caesars Palace OR Signature @ MGM
- 19 Key West Hotel in January
- 20 los angeles restaurants
- 21 West Maui Restaurants
- 22 2 or 3 nights in Hana
- 23 Hawaii or Rio for male single traveler
- 24 7 things to do under $21 in Las Vegas
- 25 Cheapest, best to get from San Fran Airport to Hotel in Fina. District?