I'm recently back from a big convention in SF and fortunate that my company put most of us up in the W Hotel, which is just half a block from Moscone Convention Center. This hotel has all the creature comforts you could imagine...there's even a "whatever, whenever" button on the phone. The bed (with about half a dozen down pillows and really luxurious linens) was heaven. The room was extremely quiet. The view from a huge window seat was magnificent. Service was impeccable. Business travel can be really crummy (there's a long thread about that somewhere on the US site), but I swear I never even experienced jetlag (I'm from MD) because of where I was staying. Plus, of course, for those stolen hours of free time, there's that terrific city to explore.
Best Convention City - SF
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 General Utah planning questions
- 2 ideas for roadtrip through Utah, Idaho, Wyoming and Colorado
- 3 A trip to the SW: Not rushed, do it all, perfect time of year.
- 4 New York City Christmas Trip
- 5 Dining in Manhattan
- 6 A Week in Naples Florida--Much Ado About Food (and Wine)
- 7 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 8 Cafe Sevilla – Best Tapas Restaurant
- 9 Chicago- The Godfrey hotel or the Hotel Burnham????
- 10 From Seattle airport to the city
- 11 Las Vegas to Grand Canyon, February
- 12 Washington - North cascades trails (Goat Lake and others) okay in winter?
- 13 Colorado Skiing
- 14 American Honeymoon in March
- 15 Is It Possible - One Post for MT, UT, WY in a Week?
- 16 Craft Beer & Delicious Food in Vegas
- 17 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
- 18 need two stop-overs from LA to Santa Fe, NM
- 19 golf and fishing recommendations in Tampa area
- 20 Recomendations for outlets in miami and hotels in orlando
- 21 Northern West Coast Road Trip
- 22 Yellowstone in the winter?
- 23 To San Francisco for 8 days
- 24 Middle America in October
- 25 visit to HIghLine