This is my first post. If it has been addressed before, I apologize.
I've been researching for weeks now on which beaches are the best to visit in July.
I do not care if there is alot to do nearby, mostly interested in just RELAXING with my family... beaches, sunbathing, swimming, hanging out. We are in Michigan and will be driving.
We had originally planned on New Smyrna Beach, FL but after all my research, I've concluded that the majority of people think the Atlantic side is "dirty" and "not safe".
So, we started looking into the Gulf side... specifically, Anna Maria Island and Siesta Key.
I'm now finding out that going to Florida in July is not a good idea, as the weather is unbearable and we will not be able to enjoy ourselves. I don't mind the heat so much as I grew up in the south, its just that we will have a 6 yr old and a 14 yr old with us. And I don't want to make them miserable.
I'm so confused! Where do we go now? I was hoping to have a place booked by now as it is 90 days til July.
Any suggestions? Any nice, clean beaches anywhere out there where the heat and humidity won't kill us? We don't mind a long drive, as we have a couple of weeks off of work and just want to enjoy our time being lazy.
Thank you in advance for all your help!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 LOAN OFFER BETWEEN PARTICULAR
- 2 Washington DC Trip in December with Small Children
- 3 The famous SF -> Seattle road trip
- 4 My parents planned a vacation for me without asking.
- 5 SF with school-age kids -- too much to choose!
- 6 Polynesian Cultural Centre
- 7 2016/17 Ski Season Opens
- 8 NYC bus tour suggestions
- 9 Arizona in late January
- 10 SF-Yosemite-Monterey Peninsula
- 11 Arizona in winter
- 12 Thoughts on our Palm Springs Plans
- 13 A Few Days in Asheville
- 14 DC restaurant report
- 15 University of Florida, Gainesville Breakfast Spot
- 16 Going to Oahu December 1-8
- 17 trip repor 5th-8th October
- 18 Key West
- 19 Glacier and Grand Tetons: June or July
- 20 Savannah and Charleston over New Years.
- 21 moving to Florida
- 22 Neue Galerie
- 23 HELP! Solo road trip - the Deep south - Hints & Tips needed!
- 24 Going from Savanah to thru Smokey Mountains and to the Blue Ridge
- 25 Smoky Mountains Honeymoon