This is my first post. If it has been addressed before, I apologize.
I've been researching for weeks now on which beaches are the best to visit in July.
I do not care if there is alot to do nearby, mostly interested in just RELAXING with my family... beaches, sunbathing, swimming, hanging out. We are in Michigan and will be driving.
We had originally planned on New Smyrna Beach, FL but after all my research, I've concluded that the majority of people think the Atlantic side is "dirty" and "not safe".
So, we started looking into the Gulf side... specifically, Anna Maria Island and Siesta Key.
I'm now finding out that going to Florida in July is not a good idea, as the weather is unbearable and we will not be able to enjoy ourselves. I don't mind the heat so much as I grew up in the south, its just that we will have a 6 yr old and a 14 yr old with us. And I don't want to make them miserable.
I'm so confused! Where do we go now? I was hoping to have a place booked by now as it is 90 days til July.
Any suggestions? Any nice, clean beaches anywhere out there where the heat and humidity won't kill us? We don't mind a long drive, as we have a couple of weeks off of work and just want to enjoy our time being lazy.
Thank you in advance for all your help!
Best beaches in July??- HELP!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 High-quality cheap fake documents for sale
- 2 Easiest US airports to get to/from with public transportation
- 3 LA via Death Valley, Grand Canyon to Vegas
- 4 ONP help
- 5 December Break Need Recommendations for Southern Travel
- 6 Washington/Oregon....trip ideas
- 7 California road trip
- 8 Great trip from Bryce to Capitol Reef along Utah Highway 12
- 9 Looking For Something New Around The Bay Area!
- 10 LA, San Diego and San Francisco in 8 days -- can/should we try?
- 11 Providence,RI - restaurant and Waterfire advice
- 12 Need help planning "Fall Leaf Color Change" trip
- 13 Mesa Verde National Park - a Photo Album on Flickr
- 14 Which outdoor museum for our New England trip?
- 15 Trip Report - Dinosaur National Monument- UT/CO
- 16 Road Tour in Usa
- 17 So you love handbags!
- 18 Vegas - outdoor booths selling handbags
- 19 Man arrested bringing fake handbags into Manhattan
- 20 replica designer handbags
- 21 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 22 Boston GTG? 7/17/14
- 23 Detroit area getaway - outside of the city
- 24 Trip Report - Hiking to the HOLLYWOOD sign
- 25 Re-Visit DC