This is my first post. If it has been addressed before, I apologize.
I've been researching for weeks now on which beaches are the best to visit in July.
I do not care if there is alot to do nearby, mostly interested in just RELAXING with my family... beaches, sunbathing, swimming, hanging out. We are in Michigan and will be driving.
We had originally planned on New Smyrna Beach, FL but after all my research, I've concluded that the majority of people think the Atlantic side is "dirty" and "not safe".
So, we started looking into the Gulf side... specifically, Anna Maria Island and Siesta Key.
I'm now finding out that going to Florida in July is not a good idea, as the weather is unbearable and we will not be able to enjoy ourselves. I don't mind the heat so much as I grew up in the south, its just that we will have a 6 yr old and a 14 yr old with us. And I don't want to make them miserable.
I'm so confused! Where do we go now? I was hoping to have a place booked by now as it is 90 days til July.
Any suggestions? Any nice, clean beaches anywhere out there where the heat and humidity won't kill us? We don't mind a long drive, as we have a couple of weeks off of work and just want to enjoy our time being lazy.
Thank you in advance for all your help!
Best beaches in July??- HELP!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 What do you think about Asian tourist manner?
- 2 USA and Canada in 2 months
- 3 I am turning 60 and boy do I need help with my trip!
- 4 Is the New York subway safe?
- 5 Houston Weekend Planning Help Needed, please
- 6 Need ideas - hGirls' trip to Chicago
- 7 Three nights in Chicago -- a report
- 8 Sacramento to State College, PA in late November
- 9 What do you do when your VRBO rental is a nightmare in Lake Geneva?
- 10 Where to from Tampa?
- 11 One less trip on the Bucket List - Visit to New York City
- 12 Did Interstates ruin travel in America?
- 13 Skiing New Mexico
- 14 Hotel in Newton outside Boston - need transportation and related advice
- 15 Sampling Ethnic Las Vegas II
- 16 Angels Crest and Rim of the World Scenic Drives: Mid-November 2014
- 17 Drive Dallas To New Orleans - Best Food Stops!!
- 18 Chicago O'Hare to Downtown
- 19 Trip Report to Pacific Northwest: August 2014
- 20 Relocation: Where Do We Fit In
- 21 Thinking about moving from PA to Florida (Dr. Phillips area of Orlando)
- 22 Saturday arrival Seattle airport to Lake Crescent
- 23 Grand Canyon , Zion and Bryce Itinerary suggestions
- 24 Drive from Grand Canyon to Prescott next week
- 25 Special Occasion/Fancy Dress shops in South Florida