This is my first post. If it has been addressed before, I apologize.
I've been researching for weeks now on which beaches are the best to visit in July.
I do not care if there is alot to do nearby, mostly interested in just RELAXING with my family... beaches, sunbathing, swimming, hanging out. We are in Michigan and will be driving.
We had originally planned on New Smyrna Beach, FL but after all my research, I've concluded that the majority of people think the Atlantic side is "dirty" and "not safe".
So, we started looking into the Gulf side... specifically, Anna Maria Island and Siesta Key.
I'm now finding out that going to Florida in July is not a good idea, as the weather is unbearable and we will not be able to enjoy ourselves. I don't mind the heat so much as I grew up in the south, its just that we will have a 6 yr old and a 14 yr old with us. And I don't want to make them miserable.
I'm so confused! Where do we go now? I was hoping to have a place booked by now as it is 90 days til July.
Any suggestions? Any nice, clean beaches anywhere out there where the heat and humidity won't kill us? We don't mind a long drive, as we have a couple of weeks off of work and just want to enjoy our time being lazy.
Thank you in advance for all your help!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Where should I get Exoslim weight loss product
- 2 JFK TO MANHATTEN
- 3 NYC Airport transport (well, Newark)
- 4 Need advise sightseeing Seattle - Pendleton - Twin Falls - Yellowstone
- 5 Springfield, Illinois and no car. Worth a slight detour?
- 6 Website that lists areas within a 50/100/250 mile radius of a location?
- 7 Are you sick from Alaskan tour?
- 8 EWR to Staten Island 9:50PM
- 9 Pls help keep dolphins happy & healthy
- 10 blue ridge parkway?
- 11 Chinese restaurants in D.C.?
- 12 What's the 14th Street area like?
- 13 My Avis/kona rental experience
- 14 San Diego, mission valley
- 15 First Trip to New Mexico
- 16 Taxi from Honolulu airport to hotels
- 17 San Diego Sunset or La Jolla
- 18 Hamilton - Are There Bad Seats at the Rodgers?
- 19 November redwoods trip
- 20 Charleston - how long to stay?
- 21 Road Trip/Excursions for a weekend outside of Denver
- 22 Mnnpls--what to do, culture and food
- 23 Chicago marathon - Leaving hotel to MDW
- 24 MN lake home rental needed
- 25 Cross country road trip to the east coast- here we go...