This is my first post. If it has been addressed before, I apologize.
I've been researching for weeks now on which beaches are the best to visit in July.
I do not care if there is alot to do nearby, mostly interested in just RELAXING with my family... beaches, sunbathing, swimming, hanging out. We are in Michigan and will be driving.
We had originally planned on New Smyrna Beach, FL but after all my research, I've concluded that the majority of people think the Atlantic side is "dirty" and "not safe".
So, we started looking into the Gulf side... specifically, Anna Maria Island and Siesta Key.
I'm now finding out that going to Florida in July is not a good idea, as the weather is unbearable and we will not be able to enjoy ourselves. I don't mind the heat so much as I grew up in the south, its just that we will have a 6 yr old and a 14 yr old with us. And I don't want to make them miserable.
I'm so confused! Where do we go now? I was hoping to have a place booked by now as it is 90 days til July.
Any suggestions? Any nice, clean beaches anywhere out there where the heat and humidity won't kill us? We don't mind a long drive, as we have a couple of weeks off of work and just want to enjoy our time being lazy.
Thank you in advance for all your help!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Honeymoon out west.
- 2 http://goldenhealthcenters.com/nutrition-forskolin/
- 3 SD card usage in multiple devices and formatting
- 4 Travel options between Las Vegas and Grand Canyon South Rim
- 5 Where to watch Oscars in Palm Springs
- 6 Carmel Monterey
- 7 How many states have you been to?
- 8 USA, Trip to the south
- 9 Quick Trip to D.C. In April
- 10 Big Sure in June
- 11 My quickie roadtrip to Philly - art, photos, food, and some good karma.
- 12 Santa Fe Itineray
- 13 Hotel Valencia, San Antonio RiverWalk
- 14 Rental car or RV for road trip from San Francisco via Las Vegas to Denver
- 15 Bar Harbor to Boston
- 16 Roadtrip July 2017
- 17 Amtrack: Denver to California?
- 18 Glacier, Yellowstone, Teton - Car Rental?
- 19 Yellowstone, Itinerary before
- 20 Where to stay 3 nights to see Yosemite from Death Valley?
- 21 Retiring to Tucson
- 22 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017
- 23 SF special dinner for 70 birthday
- 24 Alaska Trip Planning Please Help
- 25 Northwest National Parks Tour