This is my first post. If it has been addressed before, I apologize.
I've been researching for weeks now on which beaches are the best to visit in July.
I do not care if there is alot to do nearby, mostly interested in just RELAXING with my family... beaches, sunbathing, swimming, hanging out. We are in Michigan and will be driving.
We had originally planned on New Smyrna Beach, FL but after all my research, I've concluded that the majority of people think the Atlantic side is "dirty" and "not safe".
So, we started looking into the Gulf side... specifically, Anna Maria Island and Siesta Key.
I'm now finding out that going to Florida in July is not a good idea, as the weather is unbearable and we will not be able to enjoy ourselves. I don't mind the heat so much as I grew up in the south, its just that we will have a 6 yr old and a 14 yr old with us. And I don't want to make them miserable.
I'm so confused! Where do we go now? I was hoping to have a place booked by now as it is 90 days til July.
Any suggestions? Any nice, clean beaches anywhere out there where the heat and humidity won't kill us? We don't mind a long drive, as we have a couple of weeks off of work and just want to enjoy our time being lazy.
Thank you in advance for all your help!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 hp printer helpline USA 1844-305-5565 USA
- 2 Western National Parks Road Trip
- 3 Your favourite places in New York City
- 4 The city never sleeps, but we needed to
- 5 Seattle to Gardiner by car.
- 6 2 days in DC with 18 year old
- 7 Maui in October? Hyatt Regency, or quieter spot??
- 8 Mystic CT
- 9 California Road Trip: SFO-Mount Shasta-Monterey (10 days)
- 10 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017
- 11 Need advice about Toms River/Seaside Heights NJ
- 12 Orlando - condoleances
- 13 Jazz and dinner -- Chicago
- 14 1st trip to Colorado
- 15 Is Coney Island worth a trip if you don't like rides?
- 16 DC to Harrisonburg- need good hike
- 17 Sunday gospel mass in Harlem
- 18 Napa Valley Hotel
- 19 Southwest charging USD15/ for early bird check in
- 20 Thanksgiving Day in NYC
- 21 Yellowstone Lake Scenic Cruise
- 22 Good cheap eats in/near San Francisco, including coffee
- 23 Zion NP & Las Vegas with Kids for 3 days in July - Please Help
- 24 road trip during husbands bday
- 25 Trip Starting from New York