This is my first post. If it has been addressed before, I apologize.
I've been researching for weeks now on which beaches are the best to visit in July.
I do not care if there is alot to do nearby, mostly interested in just RELAXING with my family... beaches, sunbathing, swimming, hanging out. We are in Michigan and will be driving.
We had originally planned on New Smyrna Beach, FL but after all my research, I've concluded that the majority of people think the Atlantic side is "dirty" and "not safe".
So, we started looking into the Gulf side... specifically, Anna Maria Island and Siesta Key.
I'm now finding out that going to Florida in July is not a good idea, as the weather is unbearable and we will not be able to enjoy ourselves. I don't mind the heat so much as I grew up in the south, its just that we will have a 6 yr old and a 14 yr old with us. And I don't want to make them miserable.
I'm so confused! Where do we go now? I was hoping to have a place booked by now as it is 90 days til July.
Any suggestions? Any nice, clean beaches anywhere out there where the heat and humidity won't kill us? We don't mind a long drive, as we have a couple of weeks off of work and just want to enjoy our time being lazy.
Thank you in advance for all your help!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Charleston Itinerary Feedback Please
- 2 Is there a train from SAN (airport) to Encinitas?
- 3 Luau Worth the Money or Not?
- 4 Route 66
- 5 First Time to Seattle-Portland-Willamette Valley
- 6 Itinerary help Oregon: 9 nights
- 7 Ouray to Aspen or Carbondale to Estes
- 8 ASAP Help w/San Fran to San Diego 12 day road trip with young kids
- 9 Glacier National Park Helicopter/Plane tours
- 10 good restaurant near Nawiliwili port, Kauai
- 11 Big Beach, Makena State Park - Maui, Hawaii
- 12 Northern California Gardens.
- 13 Sunset at Haleakala Summit - Maui, Hawaii
- 14 Papakolea Beach/Green Sand Beach - Big Island, Hawaii
- 15 Planning a 12-13 Day Cali Trip SF to SD
- 16 NEW ORLEANS AND CAJUN COUNTRY...A WEEK-LONG FOOD QUEST
- 17 Florida with a 2 year old
- 18 Train from east cost to west coast
- 19 Where to go for a long winter vacation in Florida, Panama City Beach??
- 20 Grand Canyon, Lake Powell, Zion..
- 21 Uber from Baton Rouge to N.O. Airport
- 22 Civilian Visit to Schofield Barracks and Kolekole Pass
- 23 Walking at Ka'anapali Beach
- 24 Solo Trip to Mid-West
- 25 Arches or Zion?