This is my first post. If it has been addressed before, I apologize.
I've been researching for weeks now on which beaches are the best to visit in July.
I do not care if there is alot to do nearby, mostly interested in just RELAXING with my family... beaches, sunbathing, swimming, hanging out. We are in Michigan and will be driving.
We had originally planned on New Smyrna Beach, FL but after all my research, I've concluded that the majority of people think the Atlantic side is "dirty" and "not safe".
So, we started looking into the Gulf side... specifically, Anna Maria Island and Siesta Key.
I'm now finding out that going to Florida in July is not a good idea, as the weather is unbearable and we will not be able to enjoy ourselves. I don't mind the heat so much as I grew up in the south, its just that we will have a 6 yr old and a 14 yr old with us. And I don't want to make them miserable.
I'm so confused! Where do we go now? I was hoping to have a place booked by now as it is 90 days til July.
Any suggestions? Any nice, clean beaches anywhere out there where the heat and humidity won't kill us? We don't mind a long drive, as we have a couple of weeks off of work and just want to enjoy our time being lazy.
Thank you in advance for all your help!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Gulf Coast Florida Keys Road Trip!
- 2 Places to stay in Skagway
- 3 Alaska trip rough Itinerary for Sep 2017
- 4 NEW ORLEANS AND CAJUN COUNTRY...A WEEK-LONG FOOD QUEST
- 5 Rocky Mountain road trip
- 6 New Mexico & Arizona travel itiniary
- 7 US Trip
- 8 flagstaff
- 9 NYC THEATRE DISTRICT...new restaurant
- 10 NOLA, San Diego, Denver, Austin/San Antonio, Nashville?
- 11 Grand Canyon, Zion maybe Antalope Canyon in 2 days
- 12 Rocky Mountain National Park
- 13 San Diego/La Jolla?
- 14 Maui - luau question
- 15 Dinner with two 12 year old boys
- 16 Feinsteins 54 Below
- 17 Boston hotel in May - Suburb and using the T-line
- 18 Central Coast CA kayaking?
- 19 Looking for advice on my hitchhike trip plan
- 20 The Big Island - Best Way to See the Volcano
- 21 Driving from Glacier National Park to Hood River
- 22 Baltimore to Philadelphia
- 23 Trip Report 2012 : 11 wonderful days in Alaska
- 24 Bryce and Zion planning
- 25 Country Walkers