We are planning a trip to the Clearwater/St. Petes area in mid-June. Family of 4 - 2 kids, 6 and 9. I have looked at all the little beach town in between, but would love some tips on which is best.
We like someplace that is low key, but still has a touristy feel. We don't need any fancy nightlife or over the top tourist stuff or overcrowded beaches - just want to it feel fun and vacation-y. Most of the time we will probably spend on the beach. A few fun casual restaurants and cute shops would be great. And the more affordable end of the spectrum would be great, but not if we have to sacrifice the things above. Being on the beach, with out hotel, rental or condo, is a must. So a community with ample choices right on the beach is great.
Which town would be the best match? I was looking at Madeira Beach. But am open to any. We have never been there before.
Best beach town between Clearwater and St. Petes?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Looking for One night commutable to NYC (Solo)
- 2 Looking For Something New Around The Bay Area!
- 3 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 4 Please help me with my Minnesota itinerary
- 5 Seattle, Portland, and day trips all around
- 6 Another Californian Odyssey (June/July 2014)
- 7 Santa Fe-Best Time of Year to Visit
- 8 Easiest US airports to get to/from with public transportation
- 9 Staying in Hollywood or Santa Monica area?
- 10 Seeking thoughtful advice on Yellowstone/Tetons trip!
- 11 Best accomodation in LA on a budget
- 12 Corvettes at Carlisle - Aussie travellers
- 13 ONP-San Juan Islds or Victoria-Seattle - what's best itinerary for 8 days?
- 14 Montreal - 3 Day Trip
- 15 NYC
- 16 Detroit, MI to Portland or bust.
- 17 Toronto to Coastal Maine 1 Week Road Trip
- 18 Las Vegas - what to do solo
- 19 Seattle: Something Different?
- 20 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 21 Back from Miami Beach
- 22 Finger Lakes Itinerary Help
- 23 Blue Ridge Parkway Help!
- 24 Boston GTG? 7/17/14
- 25 Which National Park/s with 7-year-old & possibly grandparents