We are planning a trip to the Clearwater/St. Petes area in mid-June. Family of 4 - 2 kids, 6 and 9. I have looked at all the little beach town in between, but would love some tips on which is best.
We like someplace that is low key, but still has a touristy feel. We don't need any fancy nightlife or over the top tourist stuff or overcrowded beaches - just want to it feel fun and vacation-y. Most of the time we will probably spend on the beach. A few fun casual restaurants and cute shops would be great. And the more affordable end of the spectrum would be great, but not if we have to sacrifice the things above. Being on the beach, with out hotel, rental or condo, is a must. So a community with ample choices right on the beach is great.
Which town would be the best match? I was looking at Madeira Beach. But am open to any. We have never been there before.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Lodging outside of Yellowstone
- 2 Honeymoon on PCH
- 3 Christmas shopping in Sante Fe
- 4 Magic Show
- 5 So if you had one night in SF, where would you eat?
- 6 Best/Cheapest way to get to Copper Mtn, CO?
- 7 Suggestions for a Week in Portland
- 8 2 Nights Dealth Valley from L.A.
- 9 Best Kids' Skiing <3 hours from Chicago?
- 10 Help us choose a hotel
- 11 "Unique" New York City Experiences-Yours
- 12 Family trip - West Coast - Summer 2017
- 13 Road trip from Madison, WI to Portland, OR in April, 2017
- 14 My quickie roadtrip to Philly - art, photos, food, and some good karma.
- 15 Grand Canyon / Bryce / Zion in August with Teens
- 16 Staying outside DC
- 17 Bringing alcohol into the US
- 18 Santa Fe & Taos for Christmas week: feedback on itinerary?
- 19 Seafood restaurant in San Francisco - recommendations
- 20 Ideas for New York
- 21 Bringin Wine in by car from Mexico
- 22 Oahu Dec 17th -22nd 2016
- 23 Hollywood Area where to stay
- 24 Kauai for a group over New Years
- 25 Three relaxing weeks in Palm Springs