We are planning a trip to the Clearwater/St. Petes area in mid-June. Family of 4 - 2 kids, 6 and 9. I have looked at all the little beach town in between, but would love some tips on which is best.
We like someplace that is low key, but still has a touristy feel. We don't need any fancy nightlife or over the top tourist stuff or overcrowded beaches - just want to it feel fun and vacation-y. Most of the time we will probably spend on the beach. A few fun casual restaurants and cute shops would be great. And the more affordable end of the spectrum would be great, but not if we have to sacrifice the things above. Being on the beach, with out hotel, rental or condo, is a must. So a community with ample choices right on the beach is great.
Which town would be the best match? I was looking at Madeira Beach. But am open to any. We have never been there before.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Senior Travel Helper
- 2 ogunquit or kennenukport
- 3 Help with VT/NH driving trip in October
- 4 2nd attempt - Road trip to Utah in Dec 2015
- 5 5 nights/6 days in Honolulu during Thanksgiving
- 6 Cab from Newark to West Windsor NJ.
- 7 Dining and wining in Dallas
- 8 Driving from south Florida to San Diego late September...where to stop?
- 9 your favorite city USA?
- 10 Pacific coast road trip
- 11 Yellowstone in Early October?
- 12 Southern Cali itinerary help
- 13 Choosing between a few cities for a long weekend trip
- 14 NYC Suggestions - Six Week Trip…?
- 15 Road trip to Utah in Dec 2015
- 16 Washington and Seattle Itinerary
- 17 Ideas please for travel between Grand Canyon & Monument Valley
- 18 Coronado, La Jolla, or Other?
- 19 Austin with Kids
- 20 Two days out of Seattle
- 21 New Orleans and Slidell
- 22 Help with driving East to West
- 23 Long weekend in D.C. With family
- 24 Driving Trip to Idaho
- 25 South Carolina