We are planning a trip to the Clearwater/St. Petes area in mid-June. Family of 4 - 2 kids, 6 and 9. I have looked at all the little beach town in between, but would love some tips on which is best.
We like someplace that is low key, but still has a touristy feel. We don't need any fancy nightlife or over the top tourist stuff or overcrowded beaches - just want to it feel fun and vacation-y. Most of the time we will probably spend on the beach. A few fun casual restaurants and cute shops would be great. And the more affordable end of the spectrum would be great, but not if we have to sacrifice the things above. Being on the beach, with out hotel, rental or condo, is a must. So a community with ample choices right on the beach is great.
Which town would be the best match? I was looking at Madeira Beach. But am open to any. We have never been there before.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Christmas in Colorado
- 2 DC Restaurants
- 3 Williamsburg, VA reunion for 80 year olds
- 4 3-day beach weekend in FL Nov for 2 adults
- 5 Anon doesn’t like short grills
- 6 JFK to Washington
- 7 This discarded dough wasn't done rising
- 8 Carrie Fishers flirty smile, early 80s.
- 9 Phoenix for the weekend
- 10 Marfa/Big Bend
- 11 Stellarossa: You Should Know Better
- 12 Driving from FLL to Key West
- 13 LA Cali for 3 days alone, What To Do?
- 14 Pfeiffer Canyon Bridge in Big Sur to reopen at 5pm Friday October 13th
- 15 Driving conditions from Denver to Winter Park
- 16 Route from Denver to SteamboatSprings
- 17 Mardi Gras - avoid or embrace?
- 18 TR Animal Kingdom Florida - WDW
- 19 Gatlinburg/Smokies trip report, with photos and captions
- 20 Los Angeles for Christmas
- 21 PNW & its grudge against the bumbershoot
- 22 Where to stay in Little Rock AR
- 23 Tucson: milestone Birthday Dinner, winter
- 24 Visiting San Antonio early November
- 25 San Francisco/wildfire worries