We are planning a trip to the Clearwater/St. Petes area in mid-June. Family of 4 - 2 kids, 6 and 9. I have looked at all the little beach town in between, but would love some tips on which is best.
We like someplace that is low key, but still has a touristy feel. We don't need any fancy nightlife or over the top tourist stuff or overcrowded beaches - just want to it feel fun and vacation-y. Most of the time we will probably spend on the beach. A few fun casual restaurants and cute shops would be great. And the more affordable end of the spectrum would be great, but not if we have to sacrifice the things above. Being on the beach, with out hotel, rental or condo, is a must. So a community with ample choices right on the beach is great.
Which town would be the best match? I was looking at Madeira Beach. But am open to any. We have never been there before.
Best beach town between Clearwater and St. Petes?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Albuquerque Recommendations
- 2 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 3 Metro from airport to hotel?
- 4 RIP Rizzoli, J&R Music, Pearl Paint
- 5 Myrtle Beach
- 6 9 Day Trip to Yosemite, Oregon and Washington State
- 7 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 8 2 weeks in FL, Savannah and Charleston
- 9 Colorado in the summer!
- 10 Place for a drink where kids are allowed? An NYC question.
- 11 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 12 AK-Glacier Bay, Wrangel Elias, Lake Clark, Matanuska glacier, Valdez?
- 13 Washington DC Metro
- 14 Houseboat on Lake Powell
- 15 Suggestions for road trip with children from Birmingham, AL to Grand Canyon
- 16 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 17 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 18 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,
- 19 Alexandria or Georgetown
- 20 Travel West Coast
- 21 Hotels in LA ... I know...how long is a piece of string type question...
- 22 What to see/do in Baltimore without a car?
- 23 Wine Country Picnic
- 24 traveling Amtrak cross country
- 25 Road trip through the south