We are planning a trip to the Clearwater/St. Petes area in mid-June. Family of 4 - 2 kids, 6 and 9. I have looked at all the little beach town in between, but would love some tips on which is best.
We like someplace that is low key, but still has a touristy feel. We don't need any fancy nightlife or over the top tourist stuff or overcrowded beaches - just want to it feel fun and vacation-y. Most of the time we will probably spend on the beach. A few fun casual restaurants and cute shops would be great. And the more affordable end of the spectrum would be great, but not if we have to sacrifice the things above. Being on the beach, with out hotel, rental or condo, is a must. So a community with ample choices right on the beach is great.
Which town would be the best match? I was looking at Madeira Beach. But am open to any. We have never been there before.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Inexpensive NYC Meals 2.0
- 2 Middle aged and overweight - can I hike
- 3 What type of hire car for Nat Parks in UT, AZ
- 4 Pacific Coast Highway 1st Timer
- 5 Northwest Passage
- 6 Hotel near Marlins Park
- 7 Vegas to Grand Canyon by car in a day
- 8 Tioga Rd closed May-Oct??
- 9 Kauai - wow, just WOW!!!
- 10 All you can eat lobster in vegas and caviar
- 11 Family Colorado Road Trip
- 12 Two Seniors Visit NOLA, Cajuns and MS, Leave Wiser
- 13 Colorado Forest Die Off - How Awful Is It? Should We Visit Elsewhere?
- 14 fairfeld inn or Hampton inn
- 15 Northwest Car Trip
- 16 Springfield, IL to Louisville, KY best route
- 17 Maui Bed and Breakfast
- 18 NE Itinerary - Thoughts?
- 19 Fodor's Walt Disney World 2017 travel guide
- 20 What do you think of my Yellowstone itinerary - August 2017?
- 21 ONLY 2 DAYS IN WILLIAMSBURG
- 22 North Rim, Page, Bryce & Zion Advice
- 23 Sonoma
- 24 Fodor's Travel QA Test_20170428141326
- 25 Alaska cruise