We are planning a trip to the Clearwater/St. Petes area in mid-June. Family of 4 - 2 kids, 6 and 9. I have looked at all the little beach town in between, but would love some tips on which is best.
We like someplace that is low key, but still has a touristy feel. We don't need any fancy nightlife or over the top tourist stuff or overcrowded beaches - just want to it feel fun and vacation-y. Most of the time we will probably spend on the beach. A few fun casual restaurants and cute shops would be great. And the more affordable end of the spectrum would be great, but not if we have to sacrifice the things above. Being on the beach, with out hotel, rental or condo, is a must. So a community with ample choices right on the beach is great.
Which town would be the best match? I was looking at Madeira Beach. But am open to any. We have never been there before.
Best beach town between Clearwater and St. Petes?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Zion NP - Grand Canyon North Rim - Las Vegas
- 2 Worst Restaurants in America
- 3 Salem public transportation- how early or late??
- 4 Halloween in California on Hwy 1
- 5 National Forrest Service - Photography Restrictions
- 6 Fall color yet?
- 7 Megabus, Tripper, or Boltbus from Wash DC to NYC. Which one is better?
- 8 New England in the fall
- 9 Looking for Next Destination
- 10 Yosemite Lodging
- 11 Don't rent from Avis Car Rental
- 12 Steakhouse Suggestion in Boston Please
- 13 Sequoia and King's Canyon NP Lodging options
- 14 Weekend in Indianapolis, any pretty drives you can suggest?
- 15 Need Bryce Canyon Advice
- 16 Lucerne Switzerland for two days in september 2015
- 17 Activities in Maui and Kauai.....Please Help!
- 18 N California trip questions
- 19 New York City with 3 teens!! Need help!!!
- 20 Nantucket, Cape Cod, Martha's Vineyard and/or Boston Honeymoon
- 21 Colorado aspen updates
- 22 St Augustine Hotels, what area?
- 23 Carmel by the sea to Las Vegas by road
- 24 FIRST TIME ARIZONA WITH KIDS! HELP PLEASE!
- 25 New England Skiing