We are planning a trip to the Clearwater/St. Petes area in mid-June. Family of 4 - 2 kids, 6 and 9. I have looked at all the little beach town in between, but would love some tips on which is best.
We like someplace that is low key, but still has a touristy feel. We don't need any fancy nightlife or over the top tourist stuff or overcrowded beaches - just want to it feel fun and vacation-y. Most of the time we will probably spend on the beach. A few fun casual restaurants and cute shops would be great. And the more affordable end of the spectrum would be great, but not if we have to sacrifice the things above. Being on the beach, with out hotel, rental or condo, is a must. So a community with ample choices right on the beach is great.
Which town would be the best match? I was looking at Madeira Beach. But am open to any. We have never been there before.
Best beach town between Clearwater and St. Petes?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Bar Harbor and Boston
- 2 Best to do list on Hawaii
- 3 Jersey Shore to NYC?
- 4 Kauai Garden tours
- 5 Prince of Wales or Many Glacier? WHY?
- 6 Fiery Furnace Hike in Arches national park
- 7 Flight Deals to Hawaii From Nashville?
- 8 Kaanapali Beach Hotel- Maui
- 9 Taking the St. Charles streetcar - looking for a stop along the way . . .
- 10 Where to stay and what to do in New York!?
- 11 Broadway show suggestions April 22 or 23
- 12 Hotel: Union Sq. or Fisherman's Wharf?
- 13 Portland to San Fransisco in 7 days in mid March
- 14 Why you shouldn't hang your purse over the back of your chair in Boston
- 15 Charleston, SC 5 days
- 16 One week roundtrip LAX - Advice Please
- 17 California San Diego area lodging
- 18 Student-budget trip to NewYorkCity HELP please
- 19 Maui - Haleakala
- 20 Utah 2
- 21 Dessert with a view in Monterey?
- 22 Small group dining in Napa area
- 23 Kauai - rainy forecast every day of our trip!
- 24 January Jaunt to the Southernmost City ~ Long with Pics!
- 25 Hawaii is still Hell