We are planning a trip to the Clearwater/St. Petes area in mid-June. Family of 4 - 2 kids, 6 and 9. I have looked at all the little beach town in between, but would love some tips on which is best.
We like someplace that is low key, but still has a touristy feel. We don't need any fancy nightlife or over the top tourist stuff or overcrowded beaches - just want to it feel fun and vacation-y. Most of the time we will probably spend on the beach. A few fun casual restaurants and cute shops would be great. And the more affordable end of the spectrum would be great, but not if we have to sacrifice the things above. Being on the beach, with out hotel, rental or condo, is a must. So a community with ample choices right on the beach is great.
Which town would be the best match? I was looking at Madeira Beach. But am open to any. We have never been there before.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Restaurant Recs in Boston
- 2 Week of July 4th in Hamptons. First-timer, bday dinner...
- 3 Tubing Rainbow River Dunnellon, Florida
- 4 Need input on the following itinerary for Mid Coast Maine
- 5 Maine Lobster Rolls
- 6 Day hikes in Yosemite for family of 4 (2 teens)
- 7 Los Angeles Area Restaurants - 2017 Edition
- 8 1 week NE Fall trip (ME, VT, NY..)
- 9 Roadtrippin on Route 66
- 10 Montana from Salt Lake City: Help!
- 11 Where to take mom for 70th birthday?
- 12 Best Vegas hotel with 12 & 15 year olds
- 13 Big Island and Kauai questions
- 14 Driving from San Fran to Seattle
- 15 San Francisco, Yosemite, Carmel
- 16 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017
- 17 Carmel to Big Sur Station and back report with photos 6/10/2017
- 18 Blue Ridge Mountains Skyline Drive
- 19 Mnnpls--what to do, culture and food
- 20 Maine trip report -- Rockland, Camden, Rockport, Owl's Head, Wiscasset
- 21 1st trip to Maine Need feedback and advice
- 22 Transit Advisory for July 4, 2017
- 23 Miane Lobster Rolls
- 24 Dining & Things to Do - North Bennington
- 25 transportation from JFK to Newark airport 1 way