We are planning a trip to the Clearwater/St. Petes area in mid-June. Family of 4 - 2 kids, 6 and 9. I have looked at all the little beach town in between, but would love some tips on which is best.
We like someplace that is low key, but still has a touristy feel. We don't need any fancy nightlife or over the top tourist stuff or overcrowded beaches - just want to it feel fun and vacation-y. Most of the time we will probably spend on the beach. A few fun casual restaurants and cute shops would be great. And the more affordable end of the spectrum would be great, but not if we have to sacrifice the things above. Being on the beach, with out hotel, rental or condo, is a must. So a community with ample choices right on the beach is great.
Which town would be the best match? I was looking at Madeira Beach. But am open to any. We have never been there before.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 What should a foreigner know about the US?
- 2 Itinerary to America - Guidance Needed
- 3 California road trip - oneway or round trip
- 4 Warren & Annbelle's Maui
- 5 Philadelphia PA: Safe Place/Watched Lot to Leave Car Near NYC Bus Depot
- 6 Airfares in the 1970's
- 7 Relocating to the Deep South
- 8 Grand Canyon - Three hour Mule ride
- 9 Budget hotel San Francisco
- 10 First road trip from Tulsa to New Orleans
- 11 How can the weather report be so wrong?
- 12 Inter-island time Hawaii
- 13 Hawaii in August w 6 year old boy
- 14 Not sure how long and how to explore the florida keys
- 15 Hotels in Beaufort, SC and Charleston, SC
- 16 Dry Tortugas, Ferry or SeaPlane
- 17 Seattle to San Francisco
- 18 Welltravbrit's Ongoing NYC Jaunt
- 19 San Francisco and Napa
- 20 Miami to West Palm Beach tomorrow!
- 21 Modern, clean Miami Airport hotel ???
- 22 Bagging a bargain on Black Friday?
- 23 Utah: Southern Parks Itinerary Help
- 24 Budget NYC hotel
- 25 2.5 days in New York. Are hotels the only option?