We are planning a trip to the Clearwater/St. Petes area in mid-June. Family of 4 - 2 kids, 6 and 9. I have looked at all the little beach town in between, but would love some tips on which is best.
We like someplace that is low key, but still has a touristy feel. We don't need any fancy nightlife or over the top tourist stuff or overcrowded beaches - just want to it feel fun and vacation-y. Most of the time we will probably spend on the beach. A few fun casual restaurants and cute shops would be great. And the more affordable end of the spectrum would be great, but not if we have to sacrifice the things above. Being on the beach, with out hotel, rental or condo, is a must. So a community with ample choices right on the beach is great.
Which town would be the best match? I was looking at Madeira Beach. But am open to any. We have never been there before.
Best beach town between Clearwater and St. Petes?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Looking for Next Destination
- 2 Low Country Honor Flight to Washington DC
- 3 6 Days in NYC and then to Orlando - Best way to fly?
- 4 West Coast Road Trip
- 5 Baltimore Inner Harbor to DC - without a car; with luggage - suggestions?
- 6 103rd annual northern Navajo nation fair
- 7 Need Minnesota leaf color reports
- 8 Planning for Fall Foliage in NE, Oct 2015
- 9 Best Sonoma wineries you've never heard of
- 10 Dressing up for theatre in new york
- 11 Travel between Maui and Big Island
- 12 St. Simon, Georgia
- 13 Glacier NP & Yellowstone NP 8 day trip Itinerary
- 14 Moving to New Jersey
- 15 Dec / Jan in the USA- advice
- 16 Trip Report - New York & Washington DC – May 30 – June 4, 2014
- 17 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 18 Petoskey Fall Break?
- 19 Relaxing Honeymoon Week
- 20 California
- 21 4 day trip from Denver this fall - First time in the Rockies - Where to go?
- 22 Maui itinerary
- 23 Door County with a Dog - trip in progress
- 24 Car Needed in Austin?
- 25 Provincetown: Parking in City Lots and Restaurant Recommendations