We are planning a trip to the Clearwater/St. Petes area in mid-June. Family of 4 - 2 kids, 6 and 9. I have looked at all the little beach town in between, but would love some tips on which is best.
We like someplace that is low key, but still has a touristy feel. We don't need any fancy nightlife or over the top tourist stuff or overcrowded beaches - just want to it feel fun and vacation-y. Most of the time we will probably spend on the beach. A few fun casual restaurants and cute shops would be great. And the more affordable end of the spectrum would be great, but not if we have to sacrifice the things above. Being on the beach, with out hotel, rental or condo, is a must. So a community with ample choices right on the beach is great.
Which town would be the best match? I was looking at Madeira Beach. But am open to any. We have never been there before.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 a tourist in DC this February
- 2 College Tour: Harvard, MIT, and Yale
- 3 Antelope Canyon and Horseshoe Bend
- 4 Best Places to Start Backpacking
- 5 Springtime in Florida
- 6 Kings and Sequoia.
- 7 Whale Watching in Kauai
- 8 Springfield, Illinois and no car. Worth a slight detour?
- 9 Camping in Yellowstone? Good idea for a family?
- 10 Grand Canyon Helicopter Ride
- 11 Drive from Denver to Yellowstone in 1 day?
- 12 Itinary for Maui - help please
- 13 4-5 day active vacation/road trip from NY/NJ
- 14 Camping in New England foliage Oct 8-19
- 15 USA October 2016
- 16 Yellowstone or Yosemite in August?
- 17 Redwood National Forest
- 18 Asheville+Charleston+Savannah
- 19 How many days to spend in San Francisco, LA & Las vegas?
- 20 New Orleans on Easter Sunday - parade and church?
- 21 Uber and Miami
- 22 Renting a car in miami, fl
- 23 Help formulate itinerary for Florida keys
- 24 BRAVOFLY - SCAM
- 25 Austin and ?, Texas Family Spring Break 2015 - Trying again