We are planning a trip to the Clearwater/St. Petes area in mid-June. Family of 4 - 2 kids, 6 and 9. I have looked at all the little beach town in between, but would love some tips on which is best.
We like someplace that is low key, but still has a touristy feel. We don't need any fancy nightlife or over the top tourist stuff or overcrowded beaches - just want to it feel fun and vacation-y. Most of the time we will probably spend on the beach. A few fun casual restaurants and cute shops would be great. And the more affordable end of the spectrum would be great, but not if we have to sacrifice the things above. Being on the beach, with out hotel, rental or condo, is a must. So a community with ample choices right on the beach is great.
Which town would be the best match? I was looking at Madeira Beach. But am open to any. We have never been there before.
Best beach town between Clearwater and St. Petes?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Chicago trip
- 2 Los Angeles itinerary for August trip
- 3 Driving the BRP.....Virginia or North Carolina?
- 4 Boston to Chicago drive (things to do)
- 5 Itinerary opinions
- 6 Vegas - Grand Canyon - Tucson
- 7 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 8 Ideas for 1st time trip to LA/Santa Monica/Hollywood with 16 yr old
- 9 Yosemite Fire -Contingency Plan
- 10 December Break Need Recommendations for Southern Travel
- 11 Atascadero -> Pacific Grove -> San Francisco
- 12 San Fran to Las Vegas drive
- 13 Day trip to CT from NYC
- 14 Santa Barbara, California
- 15 Half Moon Bay, CA - stay there or go to Napa Valley?
- 16 Is Fox Rent A Car any good?
- 17 Considering a move to Raleigh/Durham...most family friendly areas?
- 18 Trip Report: New York City July 25-27, 2014
- 19 Central Park Fall Foliage
- 20 Top Of the Rock Reservations
- 21 Zion Narrows - Relatively Easy / Suitable for Older Folks?
- 22 Puerto Rico need advice - La Concha Renaissance vs San Juan Marriott
- 23 Upscale Mexican restaurant in downtown Denver
- 24 Yellowstone 3 day itinerary advice
- 25 Fear of driving in San Francisco/USA