We are taking our grown children (early 20's) to San Francisco from 8/4-8/11. We thought we would go to Carmel for the 1st two nights and then spend 5 nights in San Francisco. We have always stayed in Union Square but are finding it very expensive and just started looking at apartment rentals. I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations for areas to stay. We will not have a car but love to walk. We would prefer lively areas with restaurants, shopping, nightlife (but also safe for kids to walk at night). Thanks for your help!!
Best area to stay in San Fran reasonable price for 4
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 New Hampshire Itinerary
- 2 Summer trip in New England (15 days)
- 3 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 4 Here's how I spent my 3 hour layover in Washington, DC
- 5 boston to nantucket: what are our options?
- 6 driving from San Francisco to Seattle
- 7 NYC theatre broadway
- 8 Your favorite Glacier NP lodging and itinerary help
- 9 First family ski trip
- 10 Suggestions? Family of four that like National Parks
- 11 Salt Lake City, Utah
- 12 Feedback on Palm Springs with Kids Itinerary
- 13 Commute from Kailua Kona to Hilo - doable?
- 14 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 15 Honeymoon - Maui and Oahu for first timers Oct 2014
- 16 Seattle TrainingTrip March 17, q's
- 17 Yes it's March, but let's talk Christmas destinations!
- 18 Visiting Denver
- 19 Visiting Denver
- 20 Gatlinburg Tennessee Itinerary suggestions
- 21 Help for an upcoming NYC trip.
- 22 Alternatives to Disney in Florida
- 23 Death Valley in June in a motorhome
- 24 Denver in a half day
- 25 Safe Way of renting property in Orlando