Four of us are thinking of going to the Berkshires in January over the MLK long weekend to celebrate my birthday & my sister-in-law's birthday. We have done this for several years now & are starting to plan our trip for this January. We live in Massachusetts & like to try a different place each year that is not too far away & affordable.
I'd appreciate ideas for sightseeing in the winter. We are all in our early 60's & don't ski so that is not an option. We've been to the Berkshires before & don't mind re-visiting places we've been to before, such as Norman Rockwell Museum and Hancock Shaker Village but we would like to see something new, too. We will most likely stay in Stockbridge. What other sightseeing suggestions are there? What are your opinions of the Clark Art Institute & Mass MoCA? How long would we need to see them? I think they would be a one hour drive from Stockbridge. Are any of the summer theater places open in the winter? I was hoping we could see a show at the Barrington Stage Theater in Pittsfield, but it doesn't look like they have any shows scheduled during the winter. We did go there several years ago in February so I was surprised that nothing seems to be scheduled for January.
Thanks for any ideas/suggestions. Also would appreciate recommendations for dining.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Las vegas hotel off the beaten path
- 2 US whole month of January where to
- 3 Miami airport--safety??
- 4 Road Trip-San Francisco and Los Angeles
- 5 Rocky Mountain road trip
- 6 Central Coast CA kayaking?
- 7 Things to do in Toronto
- 8 Antelope Canyon visit in August - best time
- 9 Mesa Verde National Park Colorado
- 10 Hawaiian Honeymoon - Hotel Advice
- 11 NEW ORLEANS AND CAJUN COUNTRY...A WEEK-LONG FOOD QUEST
- 12 Miami Beach and Baseball Trip - Hampton Inn or Sheraton Four Points
- 13 Looking for advice on my hitchhike trip plan
- 14 Road trip LA to Phoenix via Grand Canyon
- 15 Dinosaur National Monument
- 16 NYC THEATRE DISTRICT...new restaurant
- 17 Need advise(s) for travel from DFW to Destin FL
- 18 Restaurant near Whitney Museum
- 19 Westhester/Bronx/Yonkers area event planning
- 20 Destin, Fort Walton Beach, Pensacola Beach
- 21 Maui - luau question
- 22 The Big Island - Best Way to See the Volcano
- 23 Driving from Glacier National Park to Hood River
- 24 Monthly vacation rental Siesta Key
- 25 USA family tour