Four of us are thinking of going to the Berkshires in January over the MLK long weekend to celebrate my birthday & my sister-in-law's birthday. We have done this for several years now & are starting to plan our trip for this January. We live in Massachusetts & like to try a different place each year that is not too far away & affordable.
I'd appreciate ideas for sightseeing in the winter. We are all in our early 60's & don't ski so that is not an option. We've been to the Berkshires before & don't mind re-visiting places we've been to before, such as Norman Rockwell Museum and Hancock Shaker Village but we would like to see something new, too. We will most likely stay in Stockbridge. What other sightseeing suggestions are there? What are your opinions of the Clark Art Institute & Mass MoCA? How long would we need to see them? I think they would be a one hour drive from Stockbridge. Are any of the summer theater places open in the winter? I was hoping we could see a show at the Barrington Stage Theater in Pittsfield, but it doesn't look like they have any shows scheduled during the winter. We did go there several years ago in February so I was surprised that nothing seems to be scheduled for January.
Thanks for any ideas/suggestions. Also would appreciate recommendations for dining.
Berkshires in January
- 1 Hotel near Public Theater
- 2 suewoo and any other Charleston, SC experts
- 3 Trip Report: New Orleans, Nov. 20 - 25, 2013
- 4 Oahu Information
- 5 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 6 One day in Washington DC
- 7 Where to stay for a Baltimore/DC trip
- 8 Hollywood with 17yr old son
- 9 Which is best place for visit in South Amrecia in December ?
- 10 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 11 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 12 Disney Florida - Which parks to go for 1.5 days?
- 13 Any additions to my general plan for 2 night stay in Jacksonville (no car)?
- 14 Eataly in Chicago -- Coming Soon!
- 15 Tucson First Week or Last Week of March
- 16 San Antonio
- 17 hotel near Met NYC
- 18 Key West on NYE
- 19 Historic District Hotel, St. Augustine, Florida, February
- 20 Which Florida Key to snorkel?
- 21 Ft. Stewart/Savannah
- 22 If you drive through Greensboro during holiday time....
- 23 The impossible dream: Bypassing I-95 between DC and Richmond
- 24 Long Weekend in KY: Bourbon Trail and Mammoth Cave
- 25 How to safely transport a newborn baby in downtown Chicago without your own car?