Four of us are thinking of going to the Berkshires in January over the MLK long weekend to celebrate my birthday & my sister-in-law's birthday. We have done this for several years now & are starting to plan our trip for this January. We live in Massachusetts & like to try a different place each year that is not too far away & affordable.
I'd appreciate ideas for sightseeing in the winter. We are all in our early 60's & don't ski so that is not an option. We've been to the Berkshires before & don't mind re-visiting places we've been to before, such as Norman Rockwell Museum and Hancock Shaker Village but we would like to see something new, too. We will most likely stay in Stockbridge. What other sightseeing suggestions are there? What are your opinions of the Clark Art Institute & Mass MoCA? How long would we need to see them? I think they would be a one hour drive from Stockbridge. Are any of the summer theater places open in the winter? I was hoping we could see a show at the Barrington Stage Theater in Pittsfield, but it doesn't look like they have any shows scheduled during the winter. We did go there several years ago in February so I was surprised that nothing seems to be scheduled for January.
Thanks for any ideas/suggestions. Also would appreciate recommendations for dining.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Croati@: Tec*h SUPP0RT SKYPE Account CONTACT 1:800:540:6830 SKYPE ACCOUNT
- 2 Miami for 2 days
- 3 Living in Tampa /West Palm
- 4 Amtrak California Zephyr and Yosemite waterfalls
- 5 11 day PNW coast-Olympic-Portland-Glacier
- 6 Portland,Oregon- hotels and good food
- 7 How much cash do you travel with?
- 8 Food Festival Tour
- 9 Boston area hotels
- 10 road trip from NC to Maine in Sept.
- 11 We want too see Statue of liberty. Flying into EWR and out of Jfk
- 12 ALASKA TWO WEEK TRIP Cruise/Land
- 13 Asheville to Atlanta 5 nights in between...need advice for the coast
- 14 In search of cool beach town in the Carolinas
- 15 10 Day Road Trip in Colorado
- 16 California Coast Highway 1 from SF to LA Closed?
- 17 Seattle weather: not a troll
- 18 seattle apartment
- 19 Universal Studios vacation
- 20 Help! 2nd half of trip...From GTNP, 11 days before flying out of Denver.
- 21 Photos from Glacier National Park October 2016
- 22 Boston architecture, decorative arts, & food
- 23 Rules of the NY Subway
- 24 Epic Journey East coast and back
- 25 A pleasant day on the road in Oregon?