Four of us are thinking of going to the Berkshires in January over the MLK long weekend to celebrate my birthday & my sister-in-law's birthday. We have done this for several years now & are starting to plan our trip for this January. We live in Massachusetts & like to try a different place each year that is not too far away & affordable.
I'd appreciate ideas for sightseeing in the winter. We are all in our early 60's & don't ski so that is not an option. We've been to the Berkshires before & don't mind re-visiting places we've been to before, such as Norman Rockwell Museum and Hancock Shaker Village but we would like to see something new, too. We will most likely stay in Stockbridge. What other sightseeing suggestions are there? What are your opinions of the Clark Art Institute & Mass MoCA? How long would we need to see them? I think they would be a one hour drive from Stockbridge. Are any of the summer theater places open in the winter? I was hoping we could see a show at the Barrington Stage Theater in Pittsfield, but it doesn't look like they have any shows scheduled during the winter. We did go there several years ago in February so I was surprised that nothing seems to be scheduled for January.
Thanks for any ideas/suggestions. Also would appreciate recommendations for dining.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Road Trip from NJ TO SC
- 2 First Time to California
- 3 Roadtrip Around U.S
- 4 Driving to Yellowstone,Grand Teton and Glacier from MN
- 5 Bagging a bargain on Black Friday?
- 6 Angels Landing
- 7 Grieving Widow wants escape from Christmas
- 8 What should a foreigner know about the US?
- 9 San Francisco and Napa
- 10 San Diego on New Year's Eve
- 11 Oahu November 2015 Trip Report
- 12 Welltravbrit's Ongoing NYC Jaunt
- 13 Southern Utah - Need Hotel Reservations Last Week Of April?
- 14 California RV baby and child seats
- 15 How many days recommended for Williamsburg stay?
- 16 Is it Appropriate for Grandmother to Sing to Bar Mitzvah Boy?
- 17 Dependable Airport Hotel Shuttlebus
- 18 California & Arizona Itinerary
- 19 car rentals in San Diego
- 20 Hawaii in August w 6 year old boy
- 21 Denver/Breckenridge/Summit County
- 22 Suggestions for summer vacation near lake with dog
- 23 First time visit to California
- 24 San Diego Family Reunion Planning
- 25 NY State Assembly Internship