Four of us are thinking of going to the Berkshires in January over the MLK long weekend to celebrate my birthday & my sister-in-law's birthday. We have done this for several years now & are starting to plan our trip for this January. We live in Massachusetts & like to try a different place each year that is not too far away & affordable.
I'd appreciate ideas for sightseeing in the winter. We are all in our early 60's & don't ski so that is not an option. We've been to the Berkshires before & don't mind re-visiting places we've been to before, such as Norman Rockwell Museum and Hancock Shaker Village but we would like to see something new, too. We will most likely stay in Stockbridge. What other sightseeing suggestions are there? What are your opinions of the Clark Art Institute & Mass MoCA? How long would we need to see them? I think they would be a one hour drive from Stockbridge. Are any of the summer theater places open in the winter? I was hoping we could see a show at the Barrington Stage Theater in Pittsfield, but it doesn't look like they have any shows scheduled during the winter. We did go there several years ago in February so I was surprised that nothing seems to be scheduled for January.
Thanks for any ideas/suggestions. Also would appreciate recommendations for dining.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Limited time on Maui: Advice please
- 2 Sacramento to South Lake Tahoe to Riverside, CA
- 3 Do you have suggestions on my first roadtrip South-West USA?
- 4 60th birthday trip to Vermont, NH, Maine in October
- 5 Road trip from Boston to Florida
- 6 ONE WAY car rental from NYC to BOS
- 7 Newark to Paris
- 8 ONE DY ONE NIGHT IN LA
- 9 Avoiding Los Angeles Traffic
- 10 Need Advice For Trip with 16year old son-
- 11 Trip Idea for Thanksgiving Break
- 12 Travel suggestions from Mystic, CT to Bar Harbor, Maine
- 13 Black Hills, Mount Rushmore, Badlands Trip Report
- 14 Transit Advisory July 4, 2016 Local Transit will be on a hoilday schedule
- 15 Napa Valley Hotel
- 16 October Fall Foliage Itinerary
- 17 The city never sleeps, but we needed to
- 18 Southern Michigan vacation destination?
- 19 Road trip lower 48 to juneau
- 20 Driving from San Francisco Airport to San Rafael
- 21 Southwest charging USD15/ for early bird check in
- 22 Depot Bay OR
- 23 Seattle 5 day Itinerary
- 24 A June trip to Kauai
- 25 Across the United States by Train