Four of us are thinking of going to the Berkshires in January over the MLK long weekend to celebrate my birthday & my sister-in-law's birthday. We have done this for several years now & are starting to plan our trip for this January. We live in Massachusetts & like to try a different place each year that is not too far away & affordable.
I'd appreciate ideas for sightseeing in the winter. We are all in our early 60's & don't ski so that is not an option. We've been to the Berkshires before & don't mind re-visiting places we've been to before, such as Norman Rockwell Museum and Hancock Shaker Village but we would like to see something new, too. We will most likely stay in Stockbridge. What other sightseeing suggestions are there? What are your opinions of the Clark Art Institute & Mass MoCA? How long would we need to see them? I think they would be a one hour drive from Stockbridge. Are any of the summer theater places open in the winter? I was hoping we could see a show at the Barrington Stage Theater in Pittsfield, but it doesn't look like they have any shows scheduled during the winter. We did go there several years ago in February so I was surprised that nothing seems to be scheduled for January.
Thanks for any ideas/suggestions. Also would appreciate recommendations for dining.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 WNY, Cleveland, and Niagara on the Lake
- 2 Florida with a 2 year old
- 3 West Virginia -the 49th state!
- 4 Grand Canyon in February?? Doable?
- 5 Tetons, Yellowstone help
- 6 Driving through Chicago area to Wisconsin
- 7 Yellowstone NP planning questions
- 8 Boat Tour Suggestion in Kauai or Helicopter Instead?
- 9 Makana Charter Reviews in Kauai?
- 10 Montana from Salt Lake City: Help!
- 11 Holton Head, Amelia Island or ????
- 12 Four days in Maine for Anniversary & Birthday
- 13 Economical Restaurants in Oahu; Especially Waikiki
- 14 Solo Yosemite Lodging
- 15 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017
- 16 ASAP Help w/San Fran to San Diego 12 day road trip with young kids
- 17 transportation from Plano TX to Norman OK
- 18 First Time to Seattle-Portland-Willamette Valley
- 19 June 2018 cruise in SE Alaska
- 20 7 days in colorado
- 21 Which National Park summer 2018 with kids
- 22 Grand Canyon, Lake Powell, Zion..
- 23 Denver to Mesa Verde National Park
- 24 Please provide info on NYC Tenement Museum
- 25 yk's family trip to The Berkshires, July 2017