DH and I will be in Louisville for a couple of days in early September, and I'd like to take a ride on the Belle of Louisville - but it looks like our only option may be the Spirit of Jefferson, given our limited time there. In any case, I do want to get out on the river for a sightseeing cruise (I grew up in Louisville, my folks always had a boat, so I spent a great deal of time on the river in my youth - this is a nostalgia thing). The cruises offered have the option of being either a lunch or dinner cruise for an extra charge. Have any of you done one of these cruises, and can you tell me if the buffet meal is any good? The couple of river cruises I've done in Europe included a buffet where you sat inside at tables until you were done eating, then you could go outside for the remainder of the cruise, is this similar? I'd rather spend my time outside on the deck enjoying the scenery, but since the cruises are at meal times, I'm wondering about the logistics of eating, if we decline the buffet. Do you know if you're allowed to bring your own food on board (if we did the midday cruise, we could bring sandwiches, for instance). Thanks for any info anyone can give me.
Belle of Louisville/Spirit of Jefferson
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 driving from San Francisco to Seattle
- 2 NYC theatre broadway
- 3 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 4 Your favorite Glacier NP lodging and itinerary help
- 5 First family ski trip
- 6 Suggestions? Family of four that like National Parks
- 7 Salt Lake City, Utah
- 8 Feedback on Palm Springs with Kids Itinerary
- 9 Commute from Kailua Kona to Hilo - doable?
- 10 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 11 Honeymoon - Maui and Oahu for first timers Oct 2014
- 12 Seattle TrainingTrip March 17, q's
- 13 Yes it's March, but let's talk Christmas destinations!
- 14 Visiting Denver
- 15 Visiting Denver
- 16 boston to nantucket: what are our options?
- 17 Gatlinburg Tennessee Itinerary suggestions
- 18 Help for an upcoming NYC trip.
- 19 Alternatives to Disney in Florida
- 20 Death Valley in June in a motorhome
- 21 Denver in a half day
- 22 Safe Way of renting property in Orlando
- 23 Return to Utah - New Sites
- 24 Oahu ideas
- 25 Grand Circle & Wyoming