DH and I will be in Louisville for a couple of days in early September, and I'd like to take a ride on the Belle of Louisville - but it looks like our only option may be the Spirit of Jefferson, given our limited time there. In any case, I do want to get out on the river for a sightseeing cruise (I grew up in Louisville, my folks always had a boat, so I spent a great deal of time on the river in my youth - this is a nostalgia thing). The cruises offered have the option of being either a lunch or dinner cruise for an extra charge. Have any of you done one of these cruises, and can you tell me if the buffet meal is any good? The couple of river cruises I've done in Europe included a buffet where you sat inside at tables until you were done eating, then you could go outside for the remainder of the cruise, is this similar? I'd rather spend my time outside on the deck enjoying the scenery, but since the cruises are at meal times, I'm wondering about the logistics of eating, if we decline the buffet. Do you know if you're allowed to bring your own food on board (if we did the midday cruise, we could bring sandwiches, for instance). Thanks for any info anyone can give me.
Belle of Louisville/Spirit of Jefferson
View all United States activity »
- 1 Inexpensive Weekend Getaway- New England
- 2 Easter Holiday on Kauai with 10 year old daughter
- 3 Question about Boulder area
- 4 NOLA 10th Anniv. Suggestions?
- 5 Family holiday to Hawaii - which islands?
- 6 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 7 Spending a week in Palm Springs in February
- 8 Christmas Holidays in Arizona
- 9 Christmas-time in New York City? Special holiday experiences?
- 10 Viginia Jan 18-21st
- 11 Paul Rabe - A West Chester Question
- 12 Vero Beach FL
- 13 Moonstruck Patisserie - Hilo ~ wow!!
- 14 Las Vegas to Zion National Park - Fear of Heights
- 15 Sightseeing and restaurants in LA
- 16 Traveling the pacific coast highway and national parks in one week
- 17 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
- 18 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 19 First timers in Kauai--would love advice/suggestions
- 20 What is the United Lounge like at LAX?
- 21 visiting Arizona area for 18 days from May19th 2014
- 22 US West Coast - Car or Camper
- 23 Fort Lauderdale weather in late January
- 24 Savannah or Charleston- If you had to choose.
- 25 Hike down the Grand Canyon in February?