Hullo, my dears.
My SO and I are thinking about doing the Hudson Valley Drive and I need some info for a starting point. I've bookmarked a bunch of HV websites and read some threads here but nothing answers my questions so far. Hope you guys can help:
1. We can go in August. Would that be a good time?
2. We're starting in Toronto and want to end up in NYC for two or three days, then drive home. How long would we need to do this reasonably well, stopping for overnights, seeing sights, etc.
3. Would the drive home be a different route (eg different sights to see, places to stop) than the drive down?
4. We would be driving in a tiny sportscar that would have room for about two small duffel bags in the trunk. I'm not used to packing light -- will I be able to manage?
Is there anything else you think I might need to consider before starting to plan in earnest?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Need help with National Parks trip in 2017
- 2 hiking in RMNP - Clothing Layers in August
- 3 October 2016 Hawaii trip help please
- 4 Help with first road trip - southeast us in January?
- 5 Need help with National Parks trip in 2017
- 6 Calming Stay near Seattle/Vacouver??
- 7 Hawaii - What 2 Islands? Maui, HI or Honolulu
- 8 Los Angeles - 2 Days
- 9 where do the locals eat in Portland, Maine
- 10 Portland to mt St. Helens and my rainer
- 11 Alaskan cruise excursions
- 12 Cape cod Labor Day
- 13 Trip report -- Vermont: Bennington and Manchester
- 14 Whale watching in Bar Harbor Maine
- 15 A Delectable Brunch At The Presidio in San Francisco
- 16 'Merca! My National Parks road trip.
- 17 3 week road trip South Carolina and Georgia
- 18 US Open Tennis
- 19 Boston/New England late Sept. with children
- 20 Hotels in San Diego
- 21 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 22 5-7day one way Cruise or 26 glacier day cruise
- 23 Seattle Area Trip Help
- 24 Florida itinerary- your thought please
- 25 Los Angeles Indefinitely
Beginning to think about Hudson Valley drive -- need to know some basics
Hullo, my dears.