Hullo, my dears.
My SO and I are thinking about doing the Hudson Valley Drive and I need some info for a starting point. I've bookmarked a bunch of HV websites and read some threads here but nothing answers my questions so far. Hope you guys can help:
1. We can go in August. Would that be a good time?
2. We're starting in Toronto and want to end up in NYC for two or three days, then drive home. How long would we need to do this reasonably well, stopping for overnights, seeing sights, etc.
3. Would the drive home be a different route (eg different sights to see, places to stop) than the drive down?
4. We would be driving in a tiny sportscar that would have room for about two small duffel bags in the trunk. I'm not used to packing light -- will I be able to manage?
Is there anything else you think I might need to consider before starting to plan in earnest?
Beginning to think about Hudson Valley drive -- need to know some basics
Hullo, my dears.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Lunch somewhere between Arlington and Roanoke VA?
- 2 Alaska
- 3 First family ski trip
- 4 Chain of Craters Road safe with Infants
- 5 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 6 What to do in Pawley's Island in Early March?
- 7 Great Smokies - Seasonal Closings
- 8 Florida, Gulf Coast recommendations
- 9 Austin Anniversary Dinner
- 10 NYC theatre broadway
- 11 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 12 Chigo O'Hare layover
- 13 Here's how I spent my 3 hour layover in Washington, DC
- 14 Huntington Beach - hostels?
- 15 5 nights in/around Yellowstone w/ kids
- 16 Restaurants in Charleston, SC
- 17 San Diego grocery stores
- 18 San Diego parks and attractions
- 19 Grand Circle Trip report, Arizona and Utah
- 20 Most affordable Wineries in Northern California near Napa?
- 21 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 22 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 23 Looking for Destination Ideas
- 24 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 25 Other places like Chautauqua Institution