I've done a fair bit of travelling and, on more than one occasion have experienced bed bugs in both hostels and hotels, upon discussing this with friends back home, many were shocked and disgusted, most thought they were extremely rare and some didn't think they actually existed!
I guess i'm just curious for input from fellow travelers;
have you experienced bed bugs?
Were you embarrassed and did you keep it a secret?
If you spotted bed bugs or evidence of them would it make you change hotels/hostels?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 The Big Island, Kauai, and Maui: A Songdoc Trip Report
- 2 Los Angeles 4 nghts/5days
- 3 San Francisco California
- 4 My Topic Tennessee; no makeup or hair products
- 5 Trip Report - San Francisco advise for 1st timers like us!!
- 6 Hunting Trip For Husbands Birthday
- 7 Which tide pool is best to see in Seattle?
- 8 Dupont Circle Hotels
- 9 Short civil rights your Atlanta to Birningham
- 10 Las Vegas
- 11 Florida Family vacation in California
- 12 Transportation Newark/High Line and Penn Station/Newark
- 13 Must eats in Fort Worth,TX
- 14 Miami and New Orleans
- 15 Honeymoon Suggestions
- 16 6 days in Boston - review itinerary & other recs needed
- 17 Broadway Banter revived, Spring 2015!
- 18 Other places like Chautauqua Institution
- 19 September Road Trip in New England
- 20 Road trip NYC to Dallas
- 21 NYC with 8 yr old
- 22 Kayaking at Old Forge, NY
- 23 Build a Chicago itinerary?
- 24 Need help: itinerary from Kansas City to Yellowstone and back
- 25 Western Trip - CO, Utah, NV