I've done a fair bit of travelling and, on more than one occasion have experienced bed bugs in both hostels and hotels, upon discussing this with friends back home, many were shocked and disgusted, most thought they were extremely rare and some didn't think they actually existed!
I guess i'm just curious for input from fellow travelers;
have you experienced bed bugs?
Were you embarrassed and did you keep it a secret?
If you spotted bed bugs or evidence of them would it make you change hotels/hostels?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Ideas needed for October Road trip
- 2 Signal Mountain Lodge, Gardiner and Bozeman
- 3 MA to FL on Thanksgiving Day
- 4 Low Country Honor Flight to Washington DC
- 5 Question About Sealodge
- 6 Broadway choices
- 7 Hawaii: Multi-generational family vacation
- 8 San Francisco vs. San Diego
- 9 Don't rent from Avis Car Rental
- 10 Baltimore Inner Harbor to DC - without a car; with luggage - suggestions?
- 11 5 Day Trip to New York in October
- 12 Worst Restaurants in America
- 13 First trip to Portland, OR - looking for recommendations
- 14 Door County or New Glarus, Wis visit 4th weekend in Oct 2014?
- 15 Fairbanks Alaska
- 16 Safe for female travelling alone to Alaska in early November?
- 17 Long Weekend In Austin, Texas
- 18 Help with seeing Rocky Mountain National Park
- 19 Yosemite Lodging
- 20 Colorado aspen updates
- 21 Museum of Arts and Design, NYC
- 22 Trip Report - Yellowstone & Grand Tetons National Parks - July 18-25, 2014
- 23 Kauai and Molokai or Kauai and Maui for 10 days?
- 24 Road Trip in January - New Orleans to Lexington
- 25 Getaway