I've done a fair bit of travelling and, on more than one occasion have experienced bed bugs in both hostels and hotels, upon discussing this with friends back home, many were shocked and disgusted, most thought they were extremely rare and some didn't think they actually existed!
I guess i'm just curious for input from fellow travelers;
have you experienced bed bugs?
Were you embarrassed and did you keep it a secret?
If you spotted bed bugs or evidence of them would it make you change hotels/hostels?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 HAWAII: Honolulu Airport Question
- 2 Baggage & Missed Plane Connection Questions
- 3 Oahu ideas
- 4 Disappointed with Hotwire for our Austin Rental Car
- 5 Kauai - Napali Coast - Air vs Water
- 6 Where to add a few days in Colorado?
- 7 Yosemite First timers in August survival Guide
- 8 Orlando-off-the-beaten-track
- 9 Finally!!! Santa Fe/ Albuquerque Family Christmas Break 2014
- 10 cape cod seashore rail trail
- 11 Yellowstone Road Closures - Impact Old Faithful
- 12 Joe Tro's San Francisco trip report
- 13 Driving from Philly to Stowe, VT. Need a scenic route!
- 14 Transportation between Seattle airport and Victoria Clipper pier
- 15 San Antonio suggestions anyone?
- 16 Dinner-Portland, OR-Favorites?
- 17 Hawaii Trip - Maui, Kauai and Honolulu in 9 days
- 18 Turning right with red traffic light ?
- 19 Aloha from Paradise (aka Kauai)
- 20 Connecticut trip 3rd week of September
- 21 3 days in Lake Travis area near Austin Texas
- 22 A Beautiful Bike Ride in Southern Delaware (Rehoboth, Bethany)
- 23 Road trip from Oakville to Vermont, Maine, Boston - too much in 7 days?
- 24 S. Utah 10 day Circle-Itinery-Ist pass
- 25 LA Long Weekend--Itinerary Help