I've done a fair bit of travelling and, on more than one occasion have experienced bed bugs in both hostels and hotels, upon discussing this with friends back home, many were shocked and disgusted, most thought they were extremely rare and some didn't think they actually existed!
I guess i'm just curious for input from fellow travelers;
have you experienced bed bugs?
Were you embarrassed and did you keep it a secret?
If you spotted bed bugs or evidence of them would it make you change hotels/hostels?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 2 united and carry-ons
- 3 Lodging in Mendocino County (Anderson Valley, Booneville, ??)
- 4 Near Plum Island, MA ...what to see and do?
- 5 Yellowstone & Grand Tetons Wildlife
- 6 Black Canyon of the Gunnison East Portal Road
- 7 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 8 Spending February on the Florida Panhandle
- 9 Old City -- Philadelphia -- Cocktails?
- 10 Any feedback on our roadtrip schedule would be much appreciated!
- 11 Light hiking around Santa Barbara
- 12 Best seafood restaurant in Boston
- 13 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii
- 14 Most affordable Wineries in Northern California near Napa?
- 15 Car rental through Priceline bidding
- 16 Restaurants in Charleston, SC
- 17 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 18 And now...The 100 Best Things to Eat in Philadelphia
- 19 Road Trip Sept/Oct (4 weeks) Key West-Carolina's-Nashville-Memphis-Dallas-Denver
- 20 Philadelphia
- 21 Arizona road trip any changes?
- 22 USA with a 3 year old
- 23 First family ski trip
- 24 NYC theatre broadway
- 25 Need Ideas for Quiet Vacation in Upstate New York