I've done a fair bit of travelling and, on more than one occasion have experienced bed bugs in both hostels and hotels, upon discussing this with friends back home, many were shocked and disgusted, most thought they were extremely rare and some didn't think they actually existed!
I guess i'm just curious for input from fellow travelers;
have you experienced bed bugs?
Were you embarrassed and did you keep it a secret?
If you spotted bed bugs or evidence of them would it make you change hotels/hostels?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Old Town Alexandria Restaurants?
- 2 2 weeks in California++ in April - Need suggestions on itinerary
- 3 LA with 12-year old granddaughter
- 4 Drive from San Francisco to Seattle
- 5 Zion the narrows
- 6 Advice on Roadtrip
- 7 Kauai our way! A Feb 2015 Trip Report
- 8 Mendocino - Sonoma
- 9 Best car to rent for driving around Oahu and Maui
- 10 Santa Barbara Trip Report
- 11 A short stay in LA...Trip Report
- 12 Los Angeles day trips
- 13 Hawaiian Islands
- 14 Glacier, Yellowstone, Teton Road Trip
- 15 Albuquerque to Las Vegas
- 16 Help with Moab itinerary for an overacheiver
- 17 Sedona & Grand Canyon - 1 week trip from Phoenix
- 18 Chattanooga to Washington DC via Blue Ridge Parkway
- 19 Cabin in Asheville area
- 20 zion, Bryce,grand canyon
- 21 Seattle Transportation??
- 22 Denver, Colorado to Grand Canyon, Arizona Summer Trip
- 23 Favorite Casual D.C. Restaurants?
- 24 San Juan Islands... cruise question
- 25 Car Rental - NYC help me figure out logistics