I've done a fair bit of travelling and, on more than one occasion have experienced bed bugs in both hostels and hotels, upon discussing this with friends back home, many were shocked and disgusted, most thought they were extremely rare and some didn't think they actually existed!
I guess i'm just curious for input from fellow travelers;
have you experienced bed bugs?
Were you embarrassed and did you keep it a secret?
If you spotted bed bugs or evidence of them would it make you change hotels/hostels?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Western Trip - CO, Utah, NV
- 2 United Nations tours
- 3 Advice on tipping
- 4 Restaurant near Dana on the bay San Diego
- 5 Amish
- 6 Philadelphia to Sunset, SC via I81 and others
- 7 national/state park in November
- 8 Cross Country NH to WA
- 9 Broadway Banter revived, Spring 2015!
- 10 Road trip phila to toronto - help!
- 11 Road trip October
- 12 Yreka, CA to Medford, OR, Siskiyou Pass
- 13 Looking for suggestions for Washington state weekend getaways
- 14 Our Badlands, Black Hills, Yellowstone Adventure, June 2015
- 15 Road Trip
- 16 2 months in Hawaii!
- 17 NY to North Carolina family road trip in August
- 18 November trip to Las Vegas, Grand Canyon, Zion, Bryce
- 19 Las Vegas to LA by car.
- 20 San Fransisco hotel
- 21 Nantucket for Columbus Weekend
- 22 Grand Canyon - South or East entrance?
- 23 best binocular for travel
- 24 DC/MD/VA GTG in the Fall
- 25 Place to stay in Cocoa Beach