I've done a fair bit of travelling and, on more than one occasion have experienced bed bugs in both hostels and hotels, upon discussing this with friends back home, many were shocked and disgusted, most thought they were extremely rare and some didn't think they actually existed!
I guess i'm just curious for input from fellow travelers;
have you experienced bed bugs?
Were you embarrassed and did you keep it a secret?
If you spotted bed bugs or evidence of them would it make you change hotels/hostels?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Charming,not too expensive restaurant recommendations needed
- 2 Oregon- Crater Lake and Mount Hood vs Montana- Glacier Bay National Park
- 3 Tipping advice
- 4 After Chigago ? side trips- suggestions
- 5 August 2015 Western Roadtrip Route? 30 days...Two 22-year-old Girls
- 6 Durango to Mesa Verde
- 7 New Orleans help please
- 8 Tuscon to Las Vegas Drive in December
- 9 5 Days in San Antonio and Austin Texas
- 10 Zion, Bryce, Page, GC South Rim, and Arches
- 11 Rules of the Sidewalk
- 12 Transportation from Newark airport to Secaucus
- 13 USA New York City: First-time Visitors
- 14 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 15 los angeles restaurants
- 16 "American in Paris" on Broadway
- 17 New Year's Eve in Philadelphia
- 18 Philadelphia accommodation thoughts
- 19 Queens, NY - Do not go
- 20 Avis Car rental Loss Damage Waiver LDW Fraud
- 21 From NY to Miami with 3 teenage kids
- 22 NW Houston restaurant help
- 23 3 weeks in USA in February -- refined itinerary
- 24 Restaurant in NYC advice
- 25 Solo Female Traveller to New Orleans