I've done a fair bit of travelling and, on more than one occasion have experienced bed bugs in both hostels and hotels, upon discussing this with friends back home, many were shocked and disgusted, most thought they were extremely rare and some didn't think they actually existed!
I guess i'm just curious for input from fellow travelers;
have you experienced bed bugs?
Were you embarrassed and did you keep it a secret?
If you spotted bed bugs or evidence of them would it make you change hotels/hostels?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 15 Nt Feb Trip (7 in Waikiki). Possible to do South Kauai & Big Island?
- 2 Washington DC: your favorite part of your visit
- 3 Casual dinner in the theater district
- 4 Drive time from Lynwood to CenturyLink Field
- 5 Boston--Another Art Mission
- 6 New Orleans logistics
- 7 Western U.S. Road trip
- 8 First Trip to New Orleans
- 9 North Fork Vineyards/ Greenport Long Island trip planning
- 10 North Carolina Coast
- 11 Places to visit with a one year old between MA and WV.
- 12 hawaii location for young couple needed
- 13 Mt Rushmore/Badlands late March?
- 14 Wildlife hike in Colorado Springs
- 15 Family trip to Arizona/Utah National Parks
- 16 Trip to Colorado in one week, RMNP
- 17 shopping with teenager in D, C.
- 18 Seattle plus: San Juan Island, Victoria, or Vancouver?
- 19 16 Days Utah National Parks
- 20 Aspen, Vail, Summit CO, RMNP Trip report - long
- 21 San Antonio area - thinking of you
- 22 Returned from Sedona
- 23 Favorite Casual D.C. Restaurants?
- 24 TRYP Hotel in NYC?
- 25 Driving from Seattle to San Deigo