I've done a fair bit of travelling and, on more than one occasion have experienced bed bugs in both hostels and hotels, upon discussing this with friends back home, many were shocked and disgusted, most thought they were extremely rare and some didn't think they actually existed!
I guess i'm just curious for input from fellow travelers;
have you experienced bed bugs?
Were you embarrassed and did you keep it a secret?
If you spotted bed bugs or evidence of them would it make you change hotels/hostels?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 5 Days in San Antonio and Austin Texas
- 2 Restaurant in NYC advice
- 3 Transportation from Newark airport to Secaucus
- 4 After Chigago ? side trips- suggestions
- 5 Dad and daughter trip to Santa Fe
- 6 USA New York City: First-time Visitors
- 7 Tipping advice
- 8 3 weeks in USA in February -- refined itinerary
- 9 Wilmington, NC to Raleigh - Anything interesting to see in between?
- 10 charleston during Christmas Week
- 11 Rules of the Sidewalk
- 12 Fort Myers Beach vs Naples Beach
- 13 Avis Car rental Loss Damage Waiver LDW Fraud
- 14 Advanced Reservations for USS Arizona Memorial Available Again
- 15 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 16 Queens, NY - Do not go
- 17 Tuscon to Las Vegas Drive in December
- 18 Hawaii Rental Cars - Book early
- 19 Boston, NYC or Chicago for 3rd weekend in March?
- 20 Maui - Need a Vegan-Friendly Restaurant Recommendation
- 21 Denver Airport to Downtown Sheraton--Transportation Options?
- 22 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 23 Charleston/Savannah/Asheville, 6 days enough?
- 24 Hotel - Caesars Palace OR Signature @ MGM
- 25 Key West Hotel in January