I've done a fair bit of travelling and, on more than one occasion have experienced bed bugs in both hostels and hotels, upon discussing this with friends back home, many were shocked and disgusted, most thought they were extremely rare and some didn't think they actually existed!
I guess i'm just curious for input from fellow travelers;
have you experienced bed bugs?
Were you embarrassed and did you keep it a secret?
If you spotted bed bugs or evidence of them would it make you change hotels/hostels?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Where to stay in NYC
- 2 Road Trippin' in Texas
- 3 Need help planning Arizona & California Desert trip in March
- 4 DC/MD/VA GTG in the Fall, Lunch on Oct. 3
- 5 Tour of Fed bank NYC
- 6 Rome/Florence
- 7 A week in NYC - first timers
- 8 Hawaii Trip in May
- 9 New Orleans for Thanksgiving
- 10 Family vacation itinerary pointers
- 11 Proposal in Siesta Key, FL
- 12 Help me with Sonoma Desert….
- 13 Colorado - Photography
- 14 Georgia to Fairbanks
- 15 Epicurean Tour in Portland
- 16 Suggestion on my first visit to Grand Canyon
- 17 Oahu Trip Report (Aulani, North Shore, Manoa Valley, Hanauma Bay)
- 18 NYC: (Mostly) Solo, and (Mostly) No Top Tens!
- 19 Best Scenic Islands in Washington State
- 20 Fall trip, is it a good time?
- 21 Driving from OKC, OK to Seattle, WA in the dead of winter..
- 22 Tucson in February
- 23 Cannon Beach or Manzanita
- 24 NYC Suggestions - Six Week Trip…?
- 25 Sanibel-Captiva adult getaway