Normally I would plan this much farther in advance but I was too busy GRADUATING!!
My boyfriend's 24th birthday is Tuesday and he would love to go on an inexpensive road trip. We plan on going somewhere the 23rd - 29th.
I have been to a number of beautiful places East of the Mississippi (Dolly Sods, WV; The Smokey Mts; Poconos; Adirondacks etc,, Outer Banks, all over Florida, Blue Ridge Mts). I would say scenery wise, Dolly Sods is my favorite, and I certainly would visit them all again. Especially if anyone had some expert advice on campgrounds, hiking trails, nearby towns etc.
We will be traveling from Richmond VA, and would like to drive less than 16 hours one way (unless it is reeeeeallly beautiful). Has anyone been to Acadia National Park in Maine?
We would be "car camping", and are fine with out electricity.
I still haven't ruled out visiting neat cities/towns with cheap hotels.
Any suggestions would be appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 US whole month of January where to
- 2 Destin, Fort Walton Beach, Pensacola Beach
- 3 Driving from Glacier National Park to Hood River
- 4 Central Coast CA kayaking?
- 5 Monthly vacation rental Siesta Key
- 6 USA family tour
- 7 Restaurant near Whitney Museum
- 8 Send postcard to an inmate in jail - Inmateaid
- 9 Grand Canyon, Zion maybe Antalope Canyon in 2 days
- 10 Dedicated server Netherlands
- 11 Places to stay in Skagway
- 12 A fun ride to Miami Disney Universal Studios
- 13 NEW ORLEANS AND CAJUN COUNTRY...A WEEK-LONG FOOD QUEST
- 14 NYC THEATRE DISTRICT...new restaurant
- 15 Bryce and Zion planning
- 16 Road trip LA to Phoenix via Grand Canyon
- 17 Need advise(s) for travel from DFW to Destin FL
- 18 New Mexico & Arizona travel itiniary
- 19 Looking for advice on my hitchhike trip plan
- 20 Boston hotel in May - Suburb and using the T-line
- 21 Maui - luau question
- 22 Westhester/Bronx/Yonkers area event planning
- 23 Weekend in Chicago
- 24 Rocky Mountain road trip
- 25 Gulf Coast Florida Keys Road Trip!