Normally I would plan this much farther in advance but I was too busy GRADUATING!!
My boyfriend's 24th birthday is Tuesday and he would love to go on an inexpensive road trip. We plan on going somewhere the 23rd - 29th.
I have been to a number of beautiful places East of the Mississippi (Dolly Sods, WV; The Smokey Mts; Poconos; Adirondacks etc,, Outer Banks, all over Florida, Blue Ridge Mts). I would say scenery wise, Dolly Sods is my favorite, and I certainly would visit them all again. Especially if anyone had some expert advice on campgrounds, hiking trails, nearby towns etc.
We will be traveling from Richmond VA, and would like to drive less than 16 hours one way (unless it is reeeeeallly beautiful). Has anyone been to Acadia National Park in Maine?
We would be "car camping", and are fine with out electricity.
I still haven't ruled out visiting neat cities/towns with cheap hotels.
Any suggestions would be appreciated!
Beautiful Scenic Destinations in the Eastern US?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 best places to visit in winter through WV to North Carolina
- 2 Washington and Oregon Fall vacation 2015
- 3 Elephant Man Preview on Broadway with Bradley Cooper
- 4 NYC Department Store Windows for Christmas - Ready, Set, Go
- 5 4 week family trip ideas
- 6 Accommodation New Orleans LA
- 7 Transportation from Seattle to Vancouver BC
- 8 Philadelphia accommodation thoughts
- 9 san fran sightseeing
- 10 Best way to spend a few hours in Greater Los Angeles?
- 11 San Diego/ Baja / Desert / Vegas/ Mexico
- 12 Yellowstone in the winter?
- 13 A trip to the SW: Not rushed, do it all, perfect time of year.
- 14 Gulf coast - Naples, Sanibel Island, Marco Island or Fort Meyers, which one
- 15 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 16 Side Show is a must-see show on Broadway
- 17 Boston in winter?
- 18 Public transportation in Salem MA
- 19 Did Interstates ruin travel in America?
- 20 American Honeymoon in March
- 21 Midway to Mag. Mile area -- cab or public transport?
- 22 Family Friendly Resort Vacation for Holidays
- 23 Public Transportation to DC and NY from Baltimore Area
- 24 A Week in Naples Florida--Much Ado About Food (and Wine)
- 25 Manhattan Marriott Property December