Normally I would plan this much farther in advance but I was too busy GRADUATING!!
My boyfriend's 24th birthday is Tuesday and he would love to go on an inexpensive road trip. We plan on going somewhere the 23rd - 29th.
I have been to a number of beautiful places East of the Mississippi (Dolly Sods, WV; The Smokey Mts; Poconos; Adirondacks etc,, Outer Banks, all over Florida, Blue Ridge Mts). I would say scenery wise, Dolly Sods is my favorite, and I certainly would visit them all again. Especially if anyone had some expert advice on campgrounds, hiking trails, nearby towns etc.
We will be traveling from Richmond VA, and would like to drive less than 16 hours one way (unless it is reeeeeallly beautiful). Has anyone been to Acadia National Park in Maine?
We would be "car camping", and are fine with out electricity.
I still haven't ruled out visiting neat cities/towns with cheap hotels.
Any suggestions would be appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Best restaurants?! - first time to NYC!
- 2 OBX Corolla vs Nags Head as a Base for Sight Seeing?
- 3 Extended weekend beach get away
- 4 Lake Tahoe or ?
- 5 http://www.topwellnesspro.com/vitalpeak-xt/
- 6 http://www.xtgenixau.com/addys-focus-reviews/
- 7 Parking US OPEN
- 8 Southern history- walkable cities
- 9 Scenic mountain views near Spokane
- 10 Autumn in Maine
- 11 Where to Spend Two Weeks in Florida in February
- 12 10 days vacation in Maine
- 13 11 Days in Washington State and northern Oregon: what to do?
- 14 One night one day in dallas accommodation
- 15 Are you looking Effective Updated News?
- 16 Portland, Oregon, hotel: downtown or waterfront?
- 17 san fransisco to crater lake
- 18 Steamboat in August
- 19 Desert Southwest
- 20 JFK 10 hour layover-World Trade Center + ?
- 21 Moving from Fresno CA to highpoint NC
- 22 Zion and Bryce in July
- 23 October 2016 Hawaii trip help please
- 24 A Gem of a Restaurant in Long Beach, CA
- 25 Need help with National Parks trip in 2017