Normally I would plan this much farther in advance but I was too busy GRADUATING!!
My boyfriend's 24th birthday is Tuesday and he would love to go on an inexpensive road trip. We plan on going somewhere the 23rd - 29th.
I have been to a number of beautiful places East of the Mississippi (Dolly Sods, WV; The Smokey Mts; Poconos; Adirondacks etc,, Outer Banks, all over Florida, Blue Ridge Mts). I would say scenery wise, Dolly Sods is my favorite, and I certainly would visit them all again. Especially if anyone had some expert advice on campgrounds, hiking trails, nearby towns etc.
We will be traveling from Richmond VA, and would like to drive less than 16 hours one way (unless it is reeeeeallly beautiful). Has anyone been to Acadia National Park in Maine?
We would be "car camping", and are fine with out electricity.
I still haven't ruled out visiting neat cities/towns with cheap hotels.
Any suggestions would be appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Assist: Tec*h SUPP0RT SKYPE CONTACT 1:8OO:54O:683O SKYPE 24*7
- 2 Boston area hotels
- 3 sugestions
- 4 We want too see Statue of liberty. Flying into EWR and out of Jfk
- 5 Help! 2nd half of trip...From GTNP, 11 days before flying out of Denver.
- 6 Default Vegas-GC-Antelope-Bryce-Zion-Vegas
- 7 10 Day Road Trip in Colorado
- 8 Santa Fe Itineray
- 9 PNC Park ~ convenient hotel?
- 10 Washington to Oregon where I need help
- 11 Saratoga Springs, NY - affordable hotel?
- 12 Quick road trip
- 13 What to request?
- 14 Santa Barbara Hotels
- 15 How much cash do you travel with?
- 16 Miami for 2 days
- 17 Outlet Mall in New Orleans
- 18 Ideas for month-long CA/WA/OR road trip
- 19 Oregon Coast road trip
- 20 More problems for Big Sur
- 21 Great Falls or Helena?
- 22 South Dakota to Bryce Canyon and what to do in between...
- 23 NYC opinions please! 2nt (shows & meals w/1st timer)
- 24 Newark Intl Airport-Long Term Parking
- 25 Atlanta to Orange Beach, AL