Normally I would plan this much farther in advance but I was too busy GRADUATING!!
My boyfriend's 24th birthday is Tuesday and he would love to go on an inexpensive road trip. We plan on going somewhere the 23rd - 29th.
I have been to a number of beautiful places East of the Mississippi (Dolly Sods, WV; The Smokey Mts; Poconos; Adirondacks etc,, Outer Banks, all over Florida, Blue Ridge Mts). I would say scenery wise, Dolly Sods is my favorite, and I certainly would visit them all again. Especially if anyone had some expert advice on campgrounds, hiking trails, nearby towns etc.
We will be traveling from Richmond VA, and would like to drive less than 16 hours one way (unless it is reeeeeallly beautiful). Has anyone been to Acadia National Park in Maine?
We would be "car camping", and are fine with out electricity.
I still haven't ruled out visiting neat cities/towns with cheap hotels.
Any suggestions would be appreciated!
Beautiful Scenic Destinations in the Eastern US?
- 1 Kwaussies road trip, the final chapter!
- 2 First-time to NYC Trip Report as promised!
- 3 Cheap Hotel in NY
- 4 hello guys....
- 5 2 Brits Travelling USA July-Aug 2013
- 6 Hawaii- Can't decide which islands to include
- 7 Chicago: Clark & Lake Street Subway Stop
- 8 Road Trip - Las Vegas, NV to Monterey, CA
- 9 Albuquerque to Denver
- 10 Central Coast of Maine in August
- 11 Itinerary Ideas for 2nd Trip to NYC ... without kids this time
- 12 Bryce Canyon vs. Yellowsyone
- 13 Rocks and Roads in Utah
- 14 New York-Texas Road Trip
- 15 DC Itinerary, June 8-13, suggestions welcome!
- 16 Nashville Hot Fried Chicken
- 17 Help with July 4th Marriott Houston trip
- 18 Where to stay Charleston SC
- 19 Road trip Sacramento to Denver, help requested
- 20 How far ahead to book Alcatraz?
- 21 Yosemite Falls Lodge in the park or Cedar Lodge w/ budget constraints
- 22 Dulles Airport to Baltimore hotel
- 23 Michigan Beaches
- 24 Southwest Crawl: Colorado to Grand Canyon to Vegas
- 25 Middlebury vt quickie