Normally I would plan this much farther in advance but I was too busy GRADUATING!!
My boyfriend's 24th birthday is Tuesday and he would love to go on an inexpensive road trip. We plan on going somewhere the 23rd - 29th.
I have been to a number of beautiful places East of the Mississippi (Dolly Sods, WV; The Smokey Mts; Poconos; Adirondacks etc,, Outer Banks, all over Florida, Blue Ridge Mts). I would say scenery wise, Dolly Sods is my favorite, and I certainly would visit them all again. Especially if anyone had some expert advice on campgrounds, hiking trails, nearby towns etc.
We will be traveling from Richmond VA, and would like to drive less than 16 hours one way (unless it is reeeeeallly beautiful). Has anyone been to Acadia National Park in Maine?
We would be "car camping", and are fine with out electricity.
I still haven't ruled out visiting neat cities/towns with cheap hotels.
Any suggestions would be appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Las vegas +21
- 2 Samsonite Silhouette 7 repair part
- 3 California Summer weather/ clothing
- 4 A day in Boston
- 5 Newport , RI
- 6 The city never sleeps, but we needed to
- 7 Steamboat in August
- 8 60th birthday trip to Vermont, NH, Maine in October
- 9 Depot Bay OR
- 10 South beach Miami to Key west driving map
- 11 Tour guide in Bend, OR, for Lava Caves?
- 12 Nat Park Trip in Utah - Too Much??
- 13 Sim Card and Carrier Plan for Data in US and Canada for tourist
- 14 Newport Historic District - where is it? Walking tour?
- 15 Transportation from downtown Miami to Ft. Lauderdale airport
- 16 Road trip from Boston to Florida
- 17 Drive from San Fran to Portland or Seattle in winter
- 18 Movies to put you in the mood for a western road trip
- 19 Island of Oahu: looking for cheap accommodation
- 20 Gotta Go To Stanford U Medical Center
- 21 1st trip to DC - for 2 nights
- 22 Phone SIM
- 23 How to search for condo rental in Oahu
- 24 Discount Broadway Show Tickets webistes
- 25 A June trip to Kauai