Normally I would plan this much farther in advance but I was too busy GRADUATING!!
My boyfriend's 24th birthday is Tuesday and he would love to go on an inexpensive road trip. We plan on going somewhere the 23rd - 29th.
I have been to a number of beautiful places East of the Mississippi (Dolly Sods, WV; The Smokey Mts; Poconos; Adirondacks etc,, Outer Banks, all over Florida, Blue Ridge Mts). I would say scenery wise, Dolly Sods is my favorite, and I certainly would visit them all again. Especially if anyone had some expert advice on campgrounds, hiking trails, nearby towns etc.
We will be traveling from Richmond VA, and would like to drive less than 16 hours one way (unless it is reeeeeallly beautiful). Has anyone been to Acadia National Park in Maine?
We would be "car camping", and are fine with out electricity.
I still haven't ruled out visiting neat cities/towns with cheap hotels.
Any suggestions would be appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 ICLOUD PRINTER 1888:260:2909 installation CONTACT ICLOUD Tec*h care 24/7
- 2 https://sites.google.com/site/endozynmalestamina/
- 3 Take on any terrain with the most powerful side-by-side vehicles.
- 4 Rental car between Providence, RI and Woodstock CT
- 5 Capital Loan Associates - Heidi Lawler
- 6 RV road trip from CA to Idaho, Montana, Wyoming
- 7 Novel in Progress
- 8 Lunch near 9/11 Memorial
- 9 5 Days in Charleston and Savannah in December?
- 10 Eating Well In Manhatten
- 11 Trip Report National Parks Utah in October 2017
- 12 Short Notice
- 13 Utah National Parks Itinerary help please
- 14 Lodging Grand Canyon South Rim
- 15 Pacific Grove/Carmel CA area
- 16 Pawley's Island, SC Favorite Restaurants?
- 17 Idaho, Wyoming, Montana, South Dakota trip report
- 18 Inn at Key West
- 19 Acadia/Bar Harbor in early June
- 20 8 day Road Trip! Spokane to New Orleans
- 21 Black History Museum
- 22 Advice needed: first trip to Hawaii
- 23 Another Great DC Trip
- 24 Chicago 2017
- 25 I Hiked the Grand Canyon Down & Up in One Day!