We are going to Yellowstone National Park the end of June. We want to take the Beartooth Highway to the NE entrance. We are driving a 4 WD Lincoln Navigator and pulling a Jayco tent camper. Researching Beartooth has left me wondering about taking it while pulling the trailer. Many comments say it will be fine if the driver is experienced and willing, you have a good vehicle, and you take it slow and careful. Some say its one of the scariest drives and a few say do not pull a trailer. If you cannot pull a tent trailer, why are there campgrounds for them through out the Highway? I did read of a few people who camped in them with a tent camper but they never made any comments on their drive there. It must have been ok - they were there. I looked for personal experiences of people pulling a tent camper but couldn't find any. My question is: Does anyone who has driven this Highway pulling a tent trailer/camper have any personal experience they could share?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Philadelphia accommodation thoughts
- 2 san fran sightseeing
- 3 A trip to the SW: Not rushed, do it all, perfect time of year.
- 4 A Week in Naples Florida--Much Ado About Food (and Wine)
- 5 Best route home from page, az to ny?
- 6 best places to visit in winter through WV to North Carolina
- 7 charlotte
- 8 American Honeymoon in March
- 9 Boston in winter?
- 10 Young Couple Needs Apartment Rental Advice in/around Orlando
- 11 Best way to spend a few hours in Greater Los Angeles?
- 12 Midway to Mag. Mile area -- cab or public transport?
- 13 New York City in April
- 14 Elephant Man Preview on Broadway with Bradley Cooper
- 15 Long Beach - alternative lodging to Queen Mary but close by
- 16 Public Transportation to DC and NY from Baltimore Area
- 17 Yellowstone in the winter?
- 18 Transportation from Seattle to Vancouver BC
- 19 Need beach location for summer family reunion.
- 20 Help?! I-40 or I-20 across Southeast US this week? (Construction delays?)
- 21 Baytown, Texas
- 22 Moving from VA to CT
- 23 New Orleans pictures
- 24 Colonial williamsburg Lodge at Christmas
- 25 Boston Trip to BU from Chicago (and reply to advice)