We are going to Yellowstone National Park the end of June. We want to take the Beartooth Highway to the NE entrance. We are driving a 4 WD Lincoln Navigator and pulling a Jayco tent camper. Researching Beartooth has left me wondering about taking it while pulling the trailer. Many comments say it will be fine if the driver is experienced and willing, you have a good vehicle, and you take it slow and careful. Some say its one of the scariest drives and a few say do not pull a trailer. If you cannot pull a tent trailer, why are there campgrounds for them through out the Highway? I did read of a few people who camped in them with a tent camper but they never made any comments on their drive there. It must have been ok - they were there. I looked for personal experiences of people pulling a tent camper but couldn't find any. My question is: Does anyone who has driven this Highway pulling a tent trailer/camper have any personal experience they could share?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 5 days and 4 nights outside of San Francisco
- 2 LA via Death Valley, Grand Canyon to Vegas
- 3 NEW YORK CITY!!!
- 4 Alaska trip -Labor Day weekend
- 5 NYC Clubs for live music
- 6 Heading to Maine in September - Where are the moose?
- 7 ONP-San Juan Islds or Victoria-Seattle - what's best itinerary for 8 days?
- 8 Seattle: Something Different?
- 9 Amtrak Train from California to Oregon or Washington
- 10 Poss. Itinerary for Aug. Portland to San Fran family vacay - TIPS PLEASE
- 11 Suggestions for road trip with children from Birmingham, AL to Grand Canyon
- 12 LA, San Diego and San Francisco in 8 days -- can/should we try?
- 13 ONP help
- 14 Bienville Hotel or Le Marais in New Orleans French Quarter
- 15 California road trip
- 16 Another Southwest Airlines Early Bird Question
- 17 Bar Harbor Maine to Boston
- 18 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 19 Mountain hiking in the US for kids - Fall/Spring . . .
- 20 Berkshires in late October
- 21 Vail or Aspen in summertime?
- 22 Half Moon Bay, CA - stay there or go to Napa Valley?
- 23 Relocating Tips - Mild Weather, Good Schools, Low Cost of Living
- 24 A tour of an Amish Community near Midland MI
- 25 No accomodation in Hana...should we forget about it?