We are going to Yellowstone National Park the end of June. We want to take the Beartooth Highway to the NE entrance. We are driving a 4 WD Lincoln Navigator and pulling a Jayco tent camper. Researching Beartooth has left me wondering about taking it while pulling the trailer. Many comments say it will be fine if the driver is experienced and willing, you have a good vehicle, and you take it slow and careful. Some say its one of the scariest drives and a few say do not pull a trailer. If you cannot pull a tent trailer, why are there campgrounds for them through out the Highway? I did read of a few people who camped in them with a tent camper but they never made any comments on their drive there. It must have been ok - they were there. I looked for personal experiences of people pulling a tent camper but couldn't find any. My question is: Does anyone who has driven this Highway pulling a tent trailer/camper have any personal experience they could share?
View all United States activity »
- 1 For NYC Tourists ... How to spot a New Yorker
- 2 Inexpensive Weekend Getaway- New England
- 3 Easter Holiday on Kauai with 10 year old daughter
- 4 Question about Boulder area
- 5 NOLA 10th Anniv. Suggestions?
- 6 Family holiday to Hawaii - which islands?
- 7 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 8 Spending a week in Palm Springs in February
- 9 Christmas Holidays in Arizona
- 10 Christmas-time in New York City? Special holiday experiences?
- 11 Viginia Jan 18-21st
- 12 Paul Rabe - A West Chester Question
- 13 Vero Beach FL
- 14 Moonstruck Patisserie - Hilo ~ wow!!
- 15 Las Vegas to Zion National Park - Fear of Heights
- 16 Sightseeing and restaurants in LA
- 17 Traveling the pacific coast highway and national parks in one week
- 18 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
- 19 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 20 First timers in Kauai--would love advice/suggestions
- 21 What is the United Lounge like at LAX?
- 22 visiting Arizona area for 18 days from May19th 2014
- 23 US West Coast - Car or Camper
- 24 Fort Lauderdale weather in late January
- 25 Savannah or Charleston- If you had to choose.