I am driving with my college aged kids and 2 of their friends to Orlando in August. We are planning to make the trip down with a straight through drive, but I would like to break up the drive back with an overnight stop at a beach. I would like to get in a good 5-6 hours north drive on our 1st day, so I am looking for a beach in the Charleston, SC area. However, I am flexible and could stay anywhere within about 7 hrs of Orlando.
Does anyone have any good recommendations for a 1 night stay? I would prefer budget pricing and beach location.
Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 8 day Road Trip! Spokane to New Orleans
- 2 Advice needed: first trip to Hawaii
- 3 Idaho, Wyoming, Montana, South Dakota trip report
- 4 Black History Museum
- 5 Another Great DC Trip
- 6 Short Notice
- 7 Chicago 2017
- 8 Lodging Grand Canyon South Rim
- 9 I Hiked the Grand Canyon Down & Up in One Day!
- 10 arizona rte 66
- 11 Yellowstone/Glacier - a cabin with a view
- 12 Eating Well In Manhatten
- 13 Acadia/Bar Harbor in early June
- 14 Inn at Key West
- 15 Food & Wine Festival at Epcot
- 16 West coast to East Coast in April-May 2018
- 17 Cruising the Cs: Canyon de Chelly, Canyonlands, and Capitol Reef
- 18 Pacific Grove/Carmel CA area
- 19 usa roadtrip
- 20 Philadelphia travel ideas
- 21 Where to live in the North East
- 22 Hawaii and...where?
- 23 Short Oregon Trip
- 24 Secaucus as base for New York 3 days-advice
- 25 Driving conditions from Denver to Winter Park
Beach lodging for 1 night on drive home to Ohio from Orlando