I am looking for some help with our upcoming trip to the US. Myself and my husband are travelling to US for 2 weeks at Easter time from Ireland = we fly into New York and spend 2 nights with friends there, then we are travelling to Washington dc by train to spend 3 nights in Washington over the easter weekend. On the tuesday after easter we would like to spend c. 5 days at the beach where it is warm and sunny -- we are considering hiring a car and driving to south carolina or georgia or alternatively maybe looking a booking a flight from DC to florida.
Basically what we are looking for - is a very relaxing time, by the pool and the beach and some nice restuarants with a bit of American culture mixed in. We are in our late 30's and the budget per night is US $250.
I have read lots of posts here but I am finding it difficult to zone in on a location - i checked out kiawah island - but the hotel was extremely expensive so that will not work.
sorry for long post - but I would welcome any suggestions or thoughts you may have. thanks for your help.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 1 year anniversary in Colorado in July
- 2 Rocky Mountain road trip
- 3 Austin, Hotel
- 4 Kathie & Cheryl's notes from Kauai 2017
- 5 Looking for advice on my hitchhike trip plan
- 6 Dinner with two 12 year old boys
- 7 NEW ORLEANS AND CAJUN COUNTRY...A WEEK-LONG FOOD QUEST
- 8 Mesa Verde National Park Colorado
- 9 Bryce and Zion planning
- 10 Boston hotel in May - Suburb and using the T-line
- 11 Road Trip-San Francisco and Los Angeles
- 12 Maui - luau question
- 13 The Big Island - Best Way to See the Volcano
- 14 Salt Lake to Telluride Road Trip
- 15 Landslide damages a portion of Scenic Highway 12 (SR-12)
- 16 Need advise(s) for travel from DFW to Destin FL
- 17 June trip to Colorado HELP
- 18 Monthly vacation rental Siesta Key
- 19 Colorado Itinerary
- 20 Rocky Mountain High...king
- 21 SW Colorado Itinerary
- 22 Drive from Ohio to NYC
- 23 US Trip
- 24 Bryce and Zion hikes and photography
- 25 Philly Itinerary Help