I am looking for some help with our upcoming trip to the US. Myself and my husband are travelling to US for 2 weeks at Easter time from Ireland = we fly into New York and spend 2 nights with friends there, then we are travelling to Washington dc by train to spend 3 nights in Washington over the easter weekend. On the tuesday after easter we would like to spend c. 5 days at the beach where it is warm and sunny -- we are considering hiring a car and driving to south carolina or georgia or alternatively maybe looking a booking a flight from DC to florida.
Basically what we are looking for - is a very relaxing time, by the pool and the beach and some nice restuarants with a bit of American culture mixed in. We are in our late 30's and the budget per night is US $250.
I have read lots of posts here but I am finding it difficult to zone in on a location - i checked out kiawah island - but the hotel was extremely expensive so that will not work.
sorry for long post - but I would welcome any suggestions or thoughts you may have. thanks for your help.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 "Unique" New York City Experiences-Yours
- 2 Bringin Wine in by car from Mexico
- 3 Seafood restaurant in San Francisco - recommendations
- 4 Oahu Dec 17th -22nd 2016
- 5 Hollywood Area where to stay
- 6 Kauai for a group over New Years
- 7 Ideas for New York
- 8 Three relaxing weeks in Palm Springs
- 9 CAJUN region, plus NEW ORLEANS
- 10 Santa Fe & Taos for Christmas week: feedback on itinerary?
- 11 Where to stay in maui Kihei vs Paia vs Wailea vs Lahaina, Kaanapali
- 12 Bringing alcohol into the US
- 13 7 Day Photography Road trip from Vegas to Denver during Christmas
- 14 New York in December
- 15 Road trip from Madison, WI to Portland, OR in April, 2017
- 16 Driving from San Diego CA to Great lakes IL in FEB
- 17 Christmas shopping in Sante Fe
- 18 Grand Canyon / Bryce / Zion in August with Teens
- 19 Staying outside DC
- 20 Dallas, Austin, Waco in February
- 21 Hurricane Matthew damage along Florida East Coast?
- 22 New Years In Asheville with Nature and Beer on the side!
- 23 Suggestions for a Week in Portland
- 24 Going to L.A. dec18-25; Road trip to D.V. and on rt66
- 25 9 days in Olympic NP and Seattle area