I am looking for some help with our upcoming trip to the US. Myself and my husband are travelling to US for 2 weeks at Easter time from Ireland = we fly into New York and spend 2 nights with friends there, then we are travelling to Washington dc by train to spend 3 nights in Washington over the easter weekend. On the tuesday after easter we would like to spend c. 5 days at the beach where it is warm and sunny -- we are considering hiring a car and driving to south carolina or georgia or alternatively maybe looking a booking a flight from DC to florida.
Basically what we are looking for - is a very relaxing time, by the pool and the beach and some nice restuarants with a bit of American culture mixed in. We are in our late 30's and the budget per night is US $250.
I have read lots of posts here but I am finding it difficult to zone in on a location - i checked out kiawah island - but the hotel was extremely expensive so that will not work.
sorry for long post - but I would welcome any suggestions or thoughts you may have. thanks for your help.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 First Time Oahu/Maui
- 2 Kauai - Grand Hyatt and somewhere else?
- 3 4 Nights in NM with a 10 Year Old
- 4 What streets are safest to live on in the French Quarter?
- 5 28 Day Road Trip to the Northwest from Chicago
- 6 South Beach Miami dance clubs for people in their 30s and 40s
- 7 Uber boston
- 8 I95
- 9 Pt Everglades to fll
- 10 Change planes in Atlanta
- 11 Fall 1st time trip wine country
- 12 Asheville to Atlanta 5 nights in between...need advice for the coast
- 13 Olympic vs. Redwood NPs
- 14 Please help me add SNP to my road trip!
- 15 Restaurants in Mesa
- 16 Wine Country
- 17 a short trip to san francisco
- 18 San Diego to Oregon road trip itinerary
- 19 Comment Needed: 22 Days - West Cost (California & LV)
- 20 Advice for RV Touring with Baby.
- 21 Driving from Provo to Grand Junction in March 2017
- 22 Help me plan 1 week in Miami South Beach
- 23 Labor Day in Key West...Literally
- 24 Golden Triangle Trip LA>LV>SF>LA 03.30-04.14
- 25 From Atlanta to Nashville with 2 days in between- what to Do?