I am looking for some help with our upcoming trip to the US. Myself and my husband are travelling to US for 2 weeks at Easter time from Ireland = we fly into New York and spend 2 nights with friends there, then we are travelling to Washington dc by train to spend 3 nights in Washington over the easter weekend. On the tuesday after easter we would like to spend c. 5 days at the beach where it is warm and sunny -- we are considering hiring a car and driving to south carolina or georgia or alternatively maybe looking a booking a flight from DC to florida.
Basically what we are looking for - is a very relaxing time, by the pool and the beach and some nice restuarants with a bit of American culture mixed in. We are in our late 30's and the budget per night is US $250.
I have read lots of posts here but I am finding it difficult to zone in on a location - i checked out kiawah island - but the hotel was extremely expensive so that will not work.
sorry for long post - but I would welcome any suggestions or thoughts you may have. thanks for your help.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 One day in Dallas
- 2 5 Things Not to Miss in NYC?
- 3 Best Colorado City?: hot summers, mild winters
- 4 Broadway Banter revived, Spring 2015!
- 5 Mobile Suggestions
- 6 What to do in myrtle beach…and where to dine
- 7 Best Router driving rental truck to go to Long beach, NY
- 8 Pensacola Suggestions
- 9 Brainstorming - city to visit for disabled young man
- 10 Nova Star
- 11 4 Days in LV
- 12 7 days in Colorado
- 13 louisiana bayou
- 14 October in Colorado
- 15 Yellowstone in the Winter
- 16 Biloxi Suggestions
- 17 myrtle beach
- 18 Boston--Another Art Mission
- 19 16 Days Utah National Parks
- 20 North Fork Vineyards/ Greenport Long Island trip planning
- 21 Trip To Anchorage, Alaska
- 22 Getting from Denver International Airport to the city and other places
- 23 Grand Canyon Railway and Hotel?
- 24 UPDATED 10 days in Cali: SD to SF
- 25 Philadelphia hotels near public transportation but not in city center