I am looking for some help with our upcoming trip to the US. Myself and my husband are travelling to US for 2 weeks at Easter time from Ireland = we fly into New York and spend 2 nights with friends there, then we are travelling to Washington dc by train to spend 3 nights in Washington over the easter weekend. On the tuesday after easter we would like to spend c. 5 days at the beach where it is warm and sunny -- we are considering hiring a car and driving to south carolina or georgia or alternatively maybe looking a booking a flight from DC to florida.
Basically what we are looking for - is a very relaxing time, by the pool and the beach and some nice restuarants with a bit of American culture mixed in. We are in our late 30's and the budget per night is US $250.
I have read lots of posts here but I am finding it difficult to zone in on a location - i checked out kiawah island - but the hotel was extremely expensive so that will not work.
sorry for long post - but I would welcome any suggestions or thoughts you may have. thanks for your help.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 July 4th fireworks in NYC
- 2 San Francisco to Seattle road trip
- 3 Need Help with Kauai Condo Choices
- 4 Florida - East Coast vs. Gulf Coast - opinion asap
- 5 Best Brunswick Stew in Norfolk, Va
- 6 Parking in Boston
- 7 Need Northeast itinerary ASAP
- 8 Lake Chelan
- 9 Travel advice for travel from Portland to San Diego
- 10 Gabfest in Fredericksburg VA
- 11 What's the 14th Street area like?
- 12 1st trip to Colorado
- 13 Mystic CT
- 14 Mystic, Portland, Camden, Bar Harbor
- 15 Portland, Crater Lake and coast to LA
- 16 60th birthday trip to Vermont, NH, Maine in October
- 17 NJ to Sunset Beach, NC
- 18 Las vegas +21
- 19 Your favourite places in New York City
- 20 Best areas to stay from Dunedin to St Pete Beach?
- 21 Which Motel with Magic Fingers Beds?
- 22 Trip Starting from New York
- 23 Four San Francisco restaurants
- 24 Thanksgiving Day in NYC
- 25 Day trip suggestions from Frankenmuth