We will be flying into Los Angeles for the primary purpose of attending the BCS championship game in January. We will have 3 full days, plus game day. We have never been to LA or the surrounding areas. There are still some hotels left in Pasadena, but they are expensive and just ok. My question is should I stay in Pasadena just to avoid the transportation hassle on gameday, then commute to Hollywood or LA for site seeing? Or is it best to stay in Hollywood where there's more to do, and commute to Pasadena just for the game? I'm not sure of the things I really want to see or do yet, and any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
BCS Championship/LA/Hollywood itinerary help needed
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 New York city--best time to visit??
- 2 Which hotel - Washington Hilton OR Cambria Suites
- 3 California & French Polynesia
- 4 New Orleans November 2014- Trip Report
- 5 Chicago- The Godfrey hotel or the Hotel Burnham????
- 6 A Student’s Perspective of Philadelphia and Washington DC:
- 7 ideas for roadtrip through Utah, Idaho, Wyoming and Colorado
- 8 Hotel advice needed near Palo Alto
- 9 Hiking Arches or Canyonlands National Park in fall?
- 10 Hotel - Caesars Palace OR Signature @ MGM
- 11 General Utah planning questions
- 12 Fun weekend in NYC, including a GTG
- 13 Naples-where to stay on the beach
- 14 Maui Luau?
- 15 Recomendations for outlets in miami and hotels in orlando
- 16 American Honeymoon in March
- 17 Vegetarian Friendly BBQ - Fort Worth or San Antonio?
- 18 Carmel (and Monterey) weekend with a 4 year old
- 19 Boston Uber shenanigans? Fake airport fees
- 20 Protecting yourself when using VRBO
- 21 4 week family trip ideas
- 22 Boston area -- nature
- 23 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 24 A Week in Naples Florida--Much Ado About Food (and Wine)
- 25 where in 'Charleston' would you winter?