After 5 nights in Bar Harbor we will head back to Portland and want to take our time enjoying the sights, sounds and eats along along/off Hwy 1. We will be leaving Bar Harbor early Friday so we'll have all day Friday and most of Saturday to visit the towns along the way. Since we'll just need to room for a good night's sleep we really don't need fancy - just clean, convenient and comfortable. Where's a good stopping point for the night?
Bar Harbor to Portland - where to stop for a night?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 100 Reason to Love New Mexico
- 2 Stay in Santa Fe or Taos, NM
- 3 Zion to Albuquerque
- 4 Best, most beautiful, unmissable sections of highway 1 on the CA coast
- 5 Los Abrigados Sedona Arizona
- 6 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 7 Quick Trip to NYC
- 8 Why are hotels in San Francisco sooooo expensive 10/11-10/14/14
- 9 San Francisco - mid October
- 10 Need advise : Driving to Sequoia then to Las Vegas
- 11 Vegas hotels for families
- 12 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 13 Narrowing things down for DC and Virginia
- 14 3 weeks in Florida-Sarasota and Everglades recommendations needed
- 15 Nashville - Where to stay that's in the middle of it all?
- 16 DC, New York, Maine in 11 days with kids?
- 17 4th thread on East Coast trip.
- 18 Kayaking in Acadia in October?
- 19 San Francisco-Coventry Inn??
- 20 Vegas to Grand Canyon, Bryce and/or Zion Dilemmma!
- 21 Bob Denver... Where are you?
- 22 Beware of Denver Crown Limo!
- 23 John Denver - Rocky Mountain High
- 24 Acadia Carriage Rides--Which One To Do?
- 25 let's do a new Hawaii countdown