I am travelling internally in the US in economy on both of these airlines and I am having a bit of a brain melt down to determine the baggage allowances!
I just want someone to explain to me in the most simple terms how many suitcases each per person x how much weight I will be allowed?
I will have a 2 x 23kg (50 pound) check in PLUS 1 x 7kg (15 pound) allowance per person travelling internationally from Australia to US (that is a whopping total of 53kg or 115 pounds of luggage).
Now, before I get all the travellers on this forum tsking at the enormity of this indulgence - please understand that whilst I will be travelling VERY light from home - I plan to do some serious shopping damage whilst travelling west to east and back again in the US!
So - please, will I only be able to carry 1 x 23kg case + a carry-on for the internal flights and if I end up with another case because of shopping excesses how much extra $$'s maximum will the airlines charge me per flight if the second suitcase weighs again the maximum of 23 kgs (so 66 kgs in all!), just for example?
Also - on the trains (AMTRAK) between NY and RI and RI and Washington - there is no check in luggage available - but it appears that you can carry 2 cases x 50 pounds each on board per person - so does that mean I can carry a total of 100 pounds all by myself on board a train (sure I'll have fun lifting that on and off trains and into overheads!)?
Thanks for your help!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Road trip to Utah in Dec 2015
- 2 NYC Suggestions - Six Week Trip…?
- 3 Southern Cali itinerary help
- 4 Vermont/New Hampshire
- 5 WestInn Times Sq. eating and transport options please
- 6 Pacific coast road trip
- 7 Maine
- 8 5 nights/6 days in Honolulu during Thanksgiving
- 9 Colonial Williamsburg, Jamestown and Yorktown in 1 day
- 10 New York City Transportation Experts - this one is for you!
- 11 MANN FAMILY FARM- BOLINAS CA: Do You Know This Area?
- 12 Hotel suggestions San Francisco
- 13 Quick out of Atlanta Get Away with the Kids... New Orleans? Miami?
- 14 Where to stay in Kansas City MO/What to do
- 15 Yellowstone/Grand Teton,feeric but turists and Xanterra need improvement
- 16 NYC - Sargent - Sorolla
- 17 San Francisco to LA, road or rail?
- 18 Coronado, La Jolla, or Other?
- 19 Overnight between Mt. Rushmore & YNP?
- 20 Wknd getaway within 2 hours of Denver
- 21 ALASKA - 10 + DAYS
- 22 Berkshires-AARP Central
- 23 Austin with Kids
- 24 Arriving EWR- which flight should I choose based on traffic to Manhattan
- 25 Neighborhood Visiting Atlanta w/o a Car