I am travelling internally in the US in economy on both of these airlines and I am having a bit of a brain melt down to determine the baggage allowances!
I just want someone to explain to me in the most simple terms how many suitcases each per person x how much weight I will be allowed?
I will have a 2 x 23kg (50 pound) check in PLUS 1 x 7kg (15 pound) allowance per person travelling internationally from Australia to US (that is a whopping total of 53kg or 115 pounds of luggage).
Now, before I get all the travellers on this forum tsking at the enormity of this indulgence - please understand that whilst I will be travelling VERY light from home - I plan to do some serious shopping damage whilst travelling west to east and back again in the US!
So - please, will I only be able to carry 1 x 23kg case + a carry-on for the internal flights and if I end up with another case because of shopping excesses how much extra $$'s maximum will the airlines charge me per flight if the second suitcase weighs again the maximum of 23 kgs (so 66 kgs in all!), just for example?
Also - on the trains (AMTRAK) between NY and RI and RI and Washington - there is no check in luggage available - but it appears that you can carry 2 cases x 50 pounds each on board per person - so does that mean I can carry a total of 100 pounds all by myself on board a train (sure I'll have fun lifting that on and off trains and into overheads!)?
Thanks for your help!
Baggage Allowances on United and Alaskan Airlines
- 1 Need a Good family restaurant near Disney World
- 2 What is the most European looking city in the United States?
- 3 Univesity of Wisconsin Madison college visit -any tips
- 4 San Francisco - Stu Dudley's Recommendations
- 5 Madison Square Garden
- 6 SuperShuttle - are they always so rude?
- 7 Inexpensive Weekend Getaway- New England
- 8 Would this still be a good NYC to Boston Route?
- 9 RV trip from Raleigh NC to Grand Canyon, Zion, Arches.. and?
- 10 For NYC Tourists ... How to spot a New Yorker
- 11 NOLA 10th Anniv. Suggestions?
- 12 Traveling the pacific coast highway and national parks in one week
- 13 Trip Report: New Orleans, Nov. 20 - 25, 2013
- 14 Heard Les Miz is Returning - Production Any Good
- 15 hawaii for 10 weeks
- 16 Fort Lauderdale weather in late January
- 17 Warm and don't Drive
- 18 After 13 Years, We Returned to the Big Apple
- 19 Antelope Canyon, Zion, and Bryce advice needed
- 20 a very short, uneventful trip report of our 10 days in south Kona
- 21 Biloxi questions again
- 22 Roadtrip New Orleans, Vicksburg, Montgomery, Mobile, New Orleans
- 23 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
- 24 the Cliffs Resort at Princeville
- 25 Where is the best place to ski and stay in Lake Tahoe??