I am travelling internally in the US in economy on both of these airlines and I am having a bit of a brain melt down to determine the baggage allowances!
I just want someone to explain to me in the most simple terms how many suitcases each per person x how much weight I will be allowed?
I will have a 2 x 23kg (50 pound) check in PLUS 1 x 7kg (15 pound) allowance per person travelling internationally from Australia to US (that is a whopping total of 53kg or 115 pounds of luggage).
Now, before I get all the travellers on this forum tsking at the enormity of this indulgence - please understand that whilst I will be travelling VERY light from home - I plan to do some serious shopping damage whilst travelling west to east and back again in the US!
So - please, will I only be able to carry 1 x 23kg case + a carry-on for the internal flights and if I end up with another case because of shopping excesses how much extra $$'s maximum will the airlines charge me per flight if the second suitcase weighs again the maximum of 23 kgs (so 66 kgs in all!), just for example?
Also - on the trains (AMTRAK) between NY and RI and RI and Washington - there is no check in luggage available - but it appears that you can carry 2 cases x 50 pounds each on board per person - so does that mean I can carry a total of 100 pounds all by myself on board a train (sure I'll have fun lifting that on and off trains and into overheads!)?
Thanks for your help!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Power Boost XL Review Free Trial
- 2 Trip Report - Quick Trip to Hyannis - August 2017
- 3 wyoming, south dakota trip
- 4 Providence RI Waterfire
- 5 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017
- 6 Restaurant recommendations in falmouth/mashpee, ma area
- 7 good restaurant near Nawiliwili port, Kauai
- 8 Charlottesville & NC BBQ Trip Report
- 9 The Lincoln Highway, abridged: Nikki's road trip
- 10 Restaurant Recommendations for Queens/Brooklyn/Williamsburgl
- 11 New England Foliage Peeping Trip - Oct 4 to 8th
- 12 (Healing?) Retreat in Sedona, Az?
- 13 Orlando Baggage Storage
- 14 how much time to visit pedestal at Statue of Liberty
- 15 Pu'uhonua O Honaunau National Historical Park - Hawaii
- 16 Driving through Chicago area to Wisconsin
- 17 Arches or Zion?
- 18 Looking to move from North Carolina to Colorado
- 19 First Time to Seattle-Portland-Willamette Valley
- 20 Richmond Virginia And Poe
- 21 Chicago to Denver or Rapid City
- 22 time to visit statue
- 23 Charleston Itinerary Feedback Please
- 24 Suggestion for Hotel by Ford Museum/Tour
- 25 Chester, CN