I am travelling internally in the US in economy on both of these airlines and I am having a bit of a brain melt down to determine the baggage allowances!
I just want someone to explain to me in the most simple terms how many suitcases each per person x how much weight I will be allowed?
I will have a 2 x 23kg (50 pound) check in PLUS 1 x 7kg (15 pound) allowance per person travelling internationally from Australia to US (that is a whopping total of 53kg or 115 pounds of luggage).
Now, before I get all the travellers on this forum tsking at the enormity of this indulgence - please understand that whilst I will be travelling VERY light from home - I plan to do some serious shopping damage whilst travelling west to east and back again in the US!
So - please, will I only be able to carry 1 x 23kg case + a carry-on for the internal flights and if I end up with another case because of shopping excesses how much extra $$'s maximum will the airlines charge me per flight if the second suitcase weighs again the maximum of 23 kgs (so 66 kgs in all!), just for example?
Also - on the trains (AMTRAK) between NY and RI and RI and Washington - there is no check in luggage available - but it appears that you can carry 2 cases x 50 pounds each on board per person - so does that mean I can carry a total of 100 pounds all by myself on board a train (sure I'll have fun lifting that on and off trains and into overheads!)?
Thanks for your help!
Baggage Allowances on United and Alaskan Airlines
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Durango to Mesa Verde
- 2 Zion, Bryce, Page, GC South Rim, and Arches
- 3 US 101 closed N of Florence
- 4 USA New York City: First-time Visitors
- 5 Tipping advice
- 6 Deep South roadtrip, 3 weeks, 2 more Brits needing your help!
- 7 August 2015 Western Roadtrip Route? 30 days...Two 22-year-old Girls
- 8 Oregon- Crater Lake and Mount Hood vs Montana- Glacier Bay National Park
- 9 Charming,not too expensive restaurant recommendations needed
- 10 After Chigago ? side trips- suggestions
- 11 New Orleans help please
- 12 Tuscon to Las Vegas Drive in December
- 13 5 Days in San Antonio and Austin Texas
- 14 Rules of the Sidewalk
- 15 Transportation from Newark airport to Secaucus
- 16 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 17 los angeles restaurants
- 18 "American in Paris" on Broadway
- 19 New Year's Eve in Philadelphia
- 20 Philadelphia accommodation thoughts
- 21 Queens, NY - Do not go
- 22 Avis Car rental Loss Damage Waiver LDW Fraud
- 23 From NY to Miami with 3 teenage kids
- 24 NW Houston restaurant help
- 25 3 weeks in USA in February -- refined itinerary