I am travelling internally in the US in economy on both of these airlines and I am having a bit of a brain melt down to determine the baggage allowances!
I just want someone to explain to me in the most simple terms how many suitcases each per person x how much weight I will be allowed?
I will have a 2 x 23kg (50 pound) check in PLUS 1 x 7kg (15 pound) allowance per person travelling internationally from Australia to US (that is a whopping total of 53kg or 115 pounds of luggage).
Now, before I get all the travellers on this forum tsking at the enormity of this indulgence - please understand that whilst I will be travelling VERY light from home - I plan to do some serious shopping damage whilst travelling west to east and back again in the US!
So - please, will I only be able to carry 1 x 23kg case + a carry-on for the internal flights and if I end up with another case because of shopping excesses how much extra $$'s maximum will the airlines charge me per flight if the second suitcase weighs again the maximum of 23 kgs (so 66 kgs in all!), just for example?
Also - on the trains (AMTRAK) between NY and RI and RI and Washington - there is no check in luggage available - but it appears that you can carry 2 cases x 50 pounds each on board per person - so does that mean I can carry a total of 100 pounds all by myself on board a train (sure I'll have fun lifting that on and off trains and into overheads!)?
Thanks for your help!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 BOOK Beach rentals with Kingdom of rentals
- 2 A pleasant day on the road in Oregon?
- 3 Photos from Glacier National Park October 2016
- 4 Universal Studios vacation
- 5 We want too see Statue of liberty. Flying into EWR and out of Jfk
- 6 Help! 2nd half of trip...From GTNP, 11 days before flying out of Denver.
- 7 Everything you need to know about Mobile Strike Hack
- 8 Mt Rushmore/Grand Tetons/JacksonHole/Yellowstone Adventure
- 9 Nitrobuild Plus - Best Testosterone booster Formula
- 10 Read!! http://trexmusclesite.com/megadrol-testosterone-booster/
- 11 Confused about Yellowstone trip
- 12 11 day PNW coast-Olympic-Portland-Glacier
- 13 Boston architecture, decorative arts, & food
- 14 Why people need Fake Driver's Licenses now days?
- 15 11 Day Road Trip/Backpacking Trip to Utah's NPs, Looking for Suggestions.
- 16 Fabulous resort for girls' getaway?
- 17 What sets a Marine aside from some guy
- 18 Middle aged and overweight - can I hike
- 19 Amtrak California Zephyr and Yosemite waterfalls
- 20 More lodging in Oregon for eclipse
- 21 Rules of the NY Subway
- 22 Food Festival Tour
- 23 Seatte to San Fran - 3 Teenagers
- 24 California Coast Highway 1 from SF to LA Closed?
- 25 Road Trip Bucks County PA to In the Dells Wisconsin