I am travelling internally in the US in economy on both of these airlines and I am having a bit of a brain melt down to determine the baggage allowances!
I just want someone to explain to me in the most simple terms how many suitcases each per person x how much weight I will be allowed?
I will have a 2 x 23kg (50 pound) check in PLUS 1 x 7kg (15 pound) allowance per person travelling internationally from Australia to US (that is a whopping total of 53kg or 115 pounds of luggage).
Now, before I get all the travellers on this forum tsking at the enormity of this indulgence - please understand that whilst I will be travelling VERY light from home - I plan to do some serious shopping damage whilst travelling west to east and back again in the US!
So - please, will I only be able to carry 1 x 23kg case + a carry-on for the internal flights and if I end up with another case because of shopping excesses how much extra $$'s maximum will the airlines charge me per flight if the second suitcase weighs again the maximum of 23 kgs (so 66 kgs in all!), just for example?
Also - on the trains (AMTRAK) between NY and RI and RI and Washington - there is no check in luggage available - but it appears that you can carry 2 cases x 50 pounds each on board per person - so does that mean I can carry a total of 100 pounds all by myself on board a train (sure I'll have fun lifting that on and off trains and into overheads!)?
Thanks for your help!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Where to Spend Two Weeks in Florida in February
- 2 Planning Rim2Rim Hike at Grand Canyon
- 3 TaNtRiK BaBa+91-9829805537 vashikaran specialist in usa.
- 4 Honeymoon Lodging and Activites in Sonoma
- 5 Aussie family heading to the US for the first time
- 6 10 days vacation in Maine
- 7 Calming Stay near Seattle/Vacouver??
- 8 Hawaii - What 2 Islands? Maui, HI or Honolulu
- 9 Northern California Fall itinerary help
- 10 vashikaran +919878377317 love problem solution tantrik baba
- 11 Southern history- walkable cities
- 12 5-7day one way Cruise or 26 glacier day cruise
- 13 san fransisco to crater lake
- 14 Need help with National Parks trip in 2017
- 15 Family reunion ideas
- 16 Scenic mountain views near Spokane
- 17 Glacier-Banaff-Jasper NPs Car Rental
- 18 Aug. cruise wardrobe
- 19 One night one day in dallas accommodation
- 20 JFK 10 hour layover-World Trade Center + ?
- 21 New Software
- 22 JFK-connection
- 23 Belmond Charleston, Mills House Wyndham or Spectator?
- 24 Five nights in Yellowstone: Where to stay?
- 25 Any Cheaper way to fly into Jackson Hole?