I am travelling internally in the US in economy on both of these airlines and I am having a bit of a brain melt down to determine the baggage allowances!
I just want someone to explain to me in the most simple terms how many suitcases each per person x how much weight I will be allowed?
I will have a 2 x 23kg (50 pound) check in PLUS 1 x 7kg (15 pound) allowance per person travelling internationally from Australia to US (that is a whopping total of 53kg or 115 pounds of luggage).
Now, before I get all the travellers on this forum tsking at the enormity of this indulgence - please understand that whilst I will be travelling VERY light from home - I plan to do some serious shopping damage whilst travelling west to east and back again in the US!
So - please, will I only be able to carry 1 x 23kg case + a carry-on for the internal flights and if I end up with another case because of shopping excesses how much extra $$'s maximum will the airlines charge me per flight if the second suitcase weighs again the maximum of 23 kgs (so 66 kgs in all!), just for example?
Also - on the trains (AMTRAK) between NY and RI and RI and Washington - there is no check in luggage available - but it appears that you can carry 2 cases x 50 pounds each on board per person - so does that mean I can carry a total of 100 pounds all by myself on board a train (sure I'll have fun lifting that on and off trains and into overheads!)?
Thanks for your help!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Glacier and Grand Tetons: June or July
- 2 HELP! Solo road trip - the Deep south - Hints & Tips needed!
- 3 DC restaurant report
- 4 My parents planned a vacation for me without asking.
- 5 A Few Days in Asheville
- 6 University of Florida, Gainesville Breakfast Spot
- 7 Arizona in winter
- 8 Going to Oahu December 1-8
- 9 Polynesian Cultural Centre
- 10 SF with school-age kids -- too much to choose!
- 11 Going from Savanah to thru Smokey Mountains and to the Blue Ridge
- 12 NYC bus tour suggestions
- 13 Smoky Mountains Honeymoon
- 14 national park during thanksgiving
- 15 DC Tours, Washington, DC
- 16 RV Round Trip VA-CO Summertime
- 17 December trip to see snow
- 18 Northern California Redwoods
- 19 trip repor 5th-8th October
- 20 Visiting for a conference - where to stay (near stadiums) and sightseeing?
- 21 Need help with National Parks trip in 2017
- 22 SF-Yosemite-Monterey Peninsula
- 23 Philadelphia - Safe?
- 24 The famous SF -> Seattle road trip
- 25 Last minute trip to Arizona