I am travelling internally in the US in economy on both of these airlines and I am having a bit of a brain melt down to determine the baggage allowances!
I just want someone to explain to me in the most simple terms how many suitcases each per person x how much weight I will be allowed?
I will have a 2 x 23kg (50 pound) check in PLUS 1 x 7kg (15 pound) allowance per person travelling internationally from Australia to US (that is a whopping total of 53kg or 115 pounds of luggage).
Now, before I get all the travellers on this forum tsking at the enormity of this indulgence - please understand that whilst I will be travelling VERY light from home - I plan to do some serious shopping damage whilst travelling west to east and back again in the US!
So - please, will I only be able to carry 1 x 23kg case + a carry-on for the internal flights and if I end up with another case because of shopping excesses how much extra $$'s maximum will the airlines charge me per flight if the second suitcase weighs again the maximum of 23 kgs (so 66 kgs in all!), just for example?
Also - on the trains (AMTRAK) between NY and RI and RI and Washington - there is no check in luggage available - but it appears that you can carry 2 cases x 50 pounds each on board per person - so does that mean I can carry a total of 100 pounds all by myself on board a train (sure I'll have fun lifting that on and off trains and into overheads!)?
Thanks for your help!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 HP PRINTER INSTALLATION/SET-UP CONTACT 1-800-681-7208 TECHNICAL CAre B*G
- 2 Road trip from Asheville to western United States!
- 3 Week of July 4th in Hamptons. First-timer, bday dinner...
- 4 Washington - what should we see between Seattle and Cashmere?
- 5 Hilton Waikoloa Village - Yay or Nay?
- 6 New Itinerary
- 7 Help with Northwest Trip
- 8 Driving from San Fran to Seattle
- 9 Weekend at the Straits of Mackinac
- 10 San Francisco Hotel With Car
- 11 Trip report--Los Angeles food experiences
- 12 Sept trip: San Diego, Disneyland and...?
- 13 Trip report--San Diego food experiences
- 14 Help with Denver - Moab - Denver Trip Itinerary Suggestions
- 15 road trip
- 16 3 month cheap rent in New York City
- 17 SF-Yosemite-Monterey-SF
- 18 In Reverse Gear in Chicago
- 19 Orlando area weather in June
- 20 Quaint towns in Sonoma County
- 21 Camping in FL - Topsail Hill Preserve SP
- 22 Help - Drive from Olympia, WA to SLC, UT
- 23 1st trip to Maine Need feedback and advice
- 24 Restaurant Recommendation Somehwere Between O'Hare and Berrien County, MI
- 25 Myrtle beach