I am travelling internally in the US in economy on both of these airlines and I am having a bit of a brain melt down to determine the baggage allowances!
I just want someone to explain to me in the most simple terms how many suitcases each per person x how much weight I will be allowed?
I will have a 2 x 23kg (50 pound) check in PLUS 1 x 7kg (15 pound) allowance per person travelling internationally from Australia to US (that is a whopping total of 53kg or 115 pounds of luggage).
Now, before I get all the travellers on this forum tsking at the enormity of this indulgence - please understand that whilst I will be travelling VERY light from home - I plan to do some serious shopping damage whilst travelling west to east and back again in the US!
So - please, will I only be able to carry 1 x 23kg case + a carry-on for the internal flights and if I end up with another case because of shopping excesses how much extra $$'s maximum will the airlines charge me per flight if the second suitcase weighs again the maximum of 23 kgs (so 66 kgs in all!), just for example?
Also - on the trains (AMTRAK) between NY and RI and RI and Washington - there is no check in luggage available - but it appears that you can carry 2 cases x 50 pounds each on board per person - so does that mean I can carry a total of 100 pounds all by myself on board a train (sure I'll have fun lifting that on and off trains and into overheads!)?
Thanks for your help!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Native and Natural Interests near the Grand Canyon
- 2 5 days in Colorado
- 3 Trip to northern California
- 4 Charleston+Kiawah+Asheville+?
- 5 40th in Key West
- 6 Washington DC with kids
- 7 help from a true New Yorker.
- 8 Downtown Chicago
- 9 Homeless family murdered in Staten Island Motel
- 10 Safety Concerns
- 11 Road trip through southern US states - must-see suggestions?
- 12 Alaska -public transport
- 13 8 Days in Yellowstone/GTNP
- 14 Alaska independent tour for group
- 15 Hamilton Broadway
- 16 Bronx Help to visit hospital
- 17 Help! Road Trip from Boulder to Oregon 2/2016
- 18 Nashville and Gatlinburg
- 19 Our House Has no Hot Tub - Where to Soak in Crested Butte
- 20 8-Hour Napali Fishing Charter with Kids?
- 21 First Trip to Texas -
- 22 Restaurants in Tucson, Phoenix, Scottsdale, Sedona
- 23 NYC with 5 kids- SOLO
- 24 Avoiding tunnels driving from Atlanta to Philadelphia
- 25 Sedona for a Month