I am travelling internally in the US in economy on both of these airlines and I am having a bit of a brain melt down to determine the baggage allowances!
I just want someone to explain to me in the most simple terms how many suitcases each per person x how much weight I will be allowed?
I will have a 2 x 23kg (50 pound) check in PLUS 1 x 7kg (15 pound) allowance per person travelling internationally from Australia to US (that is a whopping total of 53kg or 115 pounds of luggage).
Now, before I get all the travellers on this forum tsking at the enormity of this indulgence - please understand that whilst I will be travelling VERY light from home - I plan to do some serious shopping damage whilst travelling west to east and back again in the US!
So - please, will I only be able to carry 1 x 23kg case + a carry-on for the internal flights and if I end up with another case because of shopping excesses how much extra $$'s maximum will the airlines charge me per flight if the second suitcase weighs again the maximum of 23 kgs (so 66 kgs in all!), just for example?
Also - on the trains (AMTRAK) between NY and RI and RI and Washington - there is no check in luggage available - but it appears that you can carry 2 cases x 50 pounds each on board per person - so does that mean I can carry a total of 100 pounds all by myself on board a train (sure I'll have fun lifting that on and off trains and into overheads!)?
Thanks for your help!
Baggage Allowances on United and Alaskan Airlines
- 1 East coast tour - Part3: Florida
- 2 Savannah restaurants
- 3 Northern Idaho - Western Montana Drive
- 4 State cracking down on vacation rentals?
- 5 Newport, RI Questions
- 6 East coast tour - Part2: Phily, Washington, Niagara Falls
- 7 Need a bit of help planning a 3 week trip to the US
- 8 Best place to raise a family in Florida
- 9 Washington DC - Philadelphia - New York extravaganza
- 10 DC Itinerary, June 8-13, suggestions welcome!
- 11 Denver 1 day in denver
- 12 Boston and surrounding area
- 13 Air Bnb Declared Illegal in NYC
- 14 East coast tour - Part1: NYC
- 15 First-time to NYC Trip Report as promised!
- 16 Pick up north of Boston Logan
- 17 Santa Fe at the end of May?
- 18 Yellowstone Hiking Suggestions for a 7 1/2 Year Old
- 19 Hawaii- Can't decide which islands to include
- 20 Honeymoon to Kauai and Maui from the East Coast
- 21 Middlebury vt quickie
- 22 1st time to Kauai! Will not be the last!
- 23 Smoky Mountains -Cades Cove saw wolf.
- 24 Crater Lake-North entrance open
- 25 New Orleans - Alligator Cheesecake???