In our travels lately, we have noticed that many, many (not all) children don't know how to behave on an airplane, in a restaurant or hotel, at a pool, etc. Allow me to vent: I don't remember my children being so ill-behaved; moreover, if they did misbehave, we spoke to them immediately and the problem was solved. Our recent trips to Florida and California have been marred by such children, especially on airplanes, with parents who seem to ignore or encourage rude,loud behavior. The last straw was the couple behind us on a flight last weekend who chose to diaper their 2-year-old at their seats; it was not a wet diaper, but a dirty one, and the odor was soon all over the section. It was all I could do to restrain my husband. I do remember how difficult it is to travel with an infant; that's not what I'm talking about. How do you handle these situations?
Badly Behaved Children (and their parents!)--what do you do?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 2 weeks in California++ in April - Need suggestions on itinerary
- 2 Phoenix/Tucson Airport Shuttles
- 3 Hotel: Union Sq. or Fisherman's Wharf?
- 4 Taxi from LGA to midtown, best route
- 5 Hana from the aiport
- 6 Suggested route for National Park's drive, starting in Glacier NP.........
- 7 Student-budget trip to NewYorkCity HELP please
- 8 16 Days in Utah and Colorado with Our 2 Young Boys!
- 9 Favorite Casual D.C. Restaurants?
- 10 Friendship, fiddling, and freezing in Boston
- 11 condo in Florida for 2016?
- 12 Driving Seattle to Lethbridge
- 13 Big Island touring – clockwise best?
- 14 Chicago to New England Road trip
- 15 from Moab to Bryce
- 16 Car rentals- San Francisco
- 17 San Diego-Hotel
- 18 Los Angeles day trips
- 19 Disappointed with Budget Car Rental Las Vegas
- 20 Kauai our way! A Feb 2015 Trip Report
- 21 Charleston, SC 5 days
- 22 Ft. Myers Beach Hotels
- 23 Stopover between Las Vegas and Yosemite
- 24 Smoky Mountains via Blue Ridge Parkway
- 25 Need a recommendation for lodging on Kauai (North or South side of Island)