In our travels lately, we have noticed that many, many (not all) children don't know how to behave on an airplane, in a restaurant or hotel, at a pool, etc. Allow me to vent: I don't remember my children being so ill-behaved; moreover, if they did misbehave, we spoke to them immediately and the problem was solved. Our recent trips to Florida and California have been marred by such children, especially on airplanes, with parents who seem to ignore or encourage rude,loud behavior. The last straw was the couple behind us on a flight last weekend who chose to diaper their 2-year-old at their seats; it was not a wet diaper, but a dirty one, and the odor was soon all over the section. It was all I could do to restrain my husband. I do remember how difficult it is to travel with an infant; that's not what I'm talking about. How do you handle these situations?
Badly Behaved Children (and their parents!)--what do you do?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Suggestions? Family of four that like National Parks
- 2 San Diego grocery stores
- 3 Philly sports fans: bar needed...and running route.
- 4 Best places to move to Florida?
- 5 Kinky Boots and Pippin. Fodor reviews
- 6 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 7 travel up the coast from San Franciso to Seattle
- 8 Locker at JFK
- 9 Question about Miami travel
- 10 Need an interesting place for one night near Memphis
- 11 Buy GoPro Hero3
- 12 Grand Circle & Wyoming
- 13 Key Largo, FL
- 14 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 15 Nude Beaches- Positive or Negative Experience?
- 16 San Antonio Airport Taxi to Majestic... and Food Suggestions??
- 17 Your favorite Glacier NP lodging and itinerary help
- 18 driving from San Francisco to Seattle
- 19 West Coast Bound End of March
- 20 Help with Northeast vacation strategy
- 21 Austin Anniversary Dinner
- 22 driver for airport pick up in NY
- 23 Socorro, NM to Yellowstone and back in 7-8 days
- 24 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 25 Gatlinburg Tennessee Itinerary suggestions