I hope this isn't a stupid question. We'll be driving from Lassen to Redwood National Park (camping near Crescent City) around 8am on Thurs July 25. Assuming we arrive in the RNP area around 1pm, we'd obviously like to make the most of the day without tiring ourselves out for our hikes on Fri and Sat. Thinking about grabbing lunch and driving the Avenue of the Giants before we set up camp. What would be your recommendations on how to approach this--where to eat, where do we start the drive, where should we stop along the way? Who knows--perhaps you wouldn't recommend the Ave as an afternoon activity?
Thanks for your thoughts!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Springfield, IL to Louisville, KY best route
- 2 Cruise to Alaska. Ports- Juneau, Sitka, Ketchikan, Victoria
- 3 fairfeld inn or Hampton inn
- 4 Seattle and Vancouver/Victoria
- 5 NE Itinerary - Thoughts?
- 6 Coldest place you've ever been to?
- 7 ONLY 2 DAYS IN WILLIAMSBURG
- 8 Middle aged and overweight - can I hike
- 9 Trip Report 2012 : 11 wonderful days in Alaska
- 10 North Rim, Page, Bryce & Zion Advice
- 11 What type of hire car for Nat Parks in UT, AZ
- 12 Gate1 8 Day Grand Canyon tour review/ Comments
- 13 Alaska cruise
- 14 Spur of the moment Chicago advice.
- 15 Sonoma
- 16 Family Colorado Road Trip
- 17 New Orleans
- 18 Maui Bed and Breakfast
- 19 Colorado Forest Die Off - How Awful Is It? Should We Visit Elsewhere?
- 20 Kentucky Derby Shuttle
- 21 Lowkey, waterfront, natural area for winter months--no high rises
- 22 Southwest/California NP roadtrip advice needed.
- 23 Walking Safety Near Boston Common
- 24 Hiking, Horses, Having fun: Family Adventure in Yellowstone & Grand Teton
- 25 Need advice-Early June Oregon Coast, Columbia River Gorge, Crater Lake