I hope this isn't a stupid question. We'll be driving from Lassen to Redwood National Park (camping near Crescent City) around 8am on Thurs July 25. Assuming we arrive in the RNP area around 1pm, we'd obviously like to make the most of the day without tiring ourselves out for our hikes on Fri and Sat. Thinking about grabbing lunch and driving the Avenue of the Giants before we set up camp. What would be your recommendations on how to approach this--where to eat, where do we start the drive, where should we stop along the way? Who knows--perhaps you wouldn't recommend the Ave as an afternoon activity?
Thanks for your thoughts!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Special Rate for LGA
- 2 Suggestions for beach towns on FL west coast?
- 3 Itinerary help please - Monterey & Sonoma
- 4 Jazzfest side trips
- 5 "Unique" New York City Experiences-Yours
- 6 East Nashville or Hillsboro Village
- 7 Miami
- 8 Weegee...you can't be a 'nice Nellie' and do street photography
- 9 Back from the Big Easy
- 10 Driving Alaska
- 11 Oregon or California to Nebraska
- 12 Zion National Park Hikes and HOtels
- 13 Yellowstone/Grand Tetons (Oct 2016)
- 14 Traveling into the US with Alcohol
- 15 March in New Mexico
- 16 San Francisco/Northern California Trip
- 17 In search of cool beach town in the Carolinas
- 18 Transportation suggestions from Charleston Executive Airport
- 19 DIA to Estes Park in mid-Feb. 4x4?
- 20 Border crossing
- 21 Is Fox Rent A Car any good?
- 22 Last minute Keys Trip Advice Please
- 23 NYC Girls' Weekend Trip Report
- 24 Yellowstone Hikes questions
- 25 Flowers and Berries in Oregon