I hope this isn't a stupid question. We'll be driving from Lassen to Redwood National Park (camping near Crescent City) around 8am on Thurs July 25. Assuming we arrive in the RNP area around 1pm, we'd obviously like to make the most of the day without tiring ourselves out for our hikes on Fri and Sat. Thinking about grabbing lunch and driving the Avenue of the Giants before we set up camp. What would be your recommendations on how to approach this--where to eat, where do we start the drive, where should we stop along the way? Who knows--perhaps you wouldn't recommend the Ave as an afternoon activity?
Thanks for your thoughts!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 DC Restaurants
- 2 Sequoia National Park/Kings Canyon/Amtrak/Tours/grandchild
- 3 3-day beach weekend in FL Nov for 2 adults
- 4 How much time in Badlands?
- 5 Mardi Gras - avoid or embrace?
- 6 Route from Denver to SteamboatSprings
- 7 Driving conditions from Denver to Winter Park
- 8 Where to stay in Little Rock AR
- 9 Chicago 2017
- 10 Hawaii and...where?
- 11 seeking advice -- scenic drive from DC to Chapel Hill
- 12 Christmas in Colorado
- 13 Chaco Canyon and Mesa Verde
- 14 Driving from FLL to Key West
- 15 usa roadtrip
- 16 Fall vacation in Beavers Bend State Park
- 17 Broken Bow, Oklahoma in the Fall
- 18 Babysitting on the North Shore, Oahu
- 19 Marfa/Big Bend
- 20 Williamsburg, VA reunion for 80 year olds
- 21 Visiting San Antonio early November
- 22 JFK to Washington
- 23 Phoenix for the weekend
- 24 LA Cali for 3 days alone, What To Do?
- 25 Pfeiffer Canyon Bridge in Big Sur to reopen at 5pm Friday October 13th