I hope this isn't a stupid question. We'll be driving from Lassen to Redwood National Park (camping near Crescent City) around 8am on Thurs July 25. Assuming we arrive in the RNP area around 1pm, we'd obviously like to make the most of the day without tiring ourselves out for our hikes on Fri and Sat. Thinking about grabbing lunch and driving the Avenue of the Giants before we set up camp. What would be your recommendations on how to approach this--where to eat, where do we start the drive, where should we stop along the way? Who knows--perhaps you wouldn't recommend the Ave as an afternoon activity?
Thanks for your thoughts!
Avenue of the Giants
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 A day in Dallas
- 2 Stony Point, NC to Richmond, VA and surrounding areas... help, please!
- 3 Austin Anniversary Dinner
- 4 Looking for Destination Ideas
- 5 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 6 Door County Suggestions
- 7 Best seafood restaurant in Boston
- 8 Commute from Kailua Kona to Hilo - doable?
- 9 February 2015 Florida getaway for couples
- 10 The island of Hawaii--half a trip report!!!
- 11 Huntington Beach - hostels?
- 12 HELP WITH FALL TRIP PLAN!!
- 13 Visiting Denver
- 14 Visiting Denver
- 15 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 16 NYC theatre broadway
- 17 Where to eat lunch in Washington, D.C.?
- 18 Seattle TrainingTrip March 17, q's
- 19 Great Smokies - Seasonal Closings
- 20 New Yorkers,,,Yea!!
- 21 San Diego parks and attractions
- 22 Lunch somewhere between Arlington and Roanoke VA?
- 23 Laguna Beach, what to do
- 24 Other places like Chautauqua Institution
- 25 Planning family gathering in Sedona