I hope this isn't a stupid question. We'll be driving from Lassen to Redwood National Park (camping near Crescent City) around 8am on Thurs July 25. Assuming we arrive in the RNP area around 1pm, we'd obviously like to make the most of the day without tiring ourselves out for our hikes on Fri and Sat. Thinking about grabbing lunch and driving the Avenue of the Giants before we set up camp. What would be your recommendations on how to approach this--where to eat, where do we start the drive, where should we stop along the way? Who knows--perhaps you wouldn't recommend the Ave as an afternoon activity?
Thanks for your thoughts!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Last minute trip to Arizona
- 2 Moving to a new state looking for advice
- 3 Polynesian Cultural Centre
- 4 Moving to Florida from Oregon
- 5 Seeking adivce- 12 days Oregon only or OR/WA
- 6 Christmas Dinner in NYC?
- 7 Arizona in late January
- 8 Thoughts on our Palm Springs Plans
- 9 Today it rained…on the road in the PNW
- 10 Looking for Panhandle advice
- 11 The famous SF -> Seattle road trip
- 12 DCArea GTG April 2017
- 13 Driving from Sacramento to San Francisco
- 14 Getty center and Getty Villa
- 15 Las Vegas Vacation
- 16 Advertising Sublets in NYC Now Illegal - Air BnB Has Pulled Listings
- 17 LA! Active, FUN couple - area to stay/itenerary
- 18 Traveling Alone
- 19 Fall Foliage Peak 2016 NW Arkansas?
- 20 Reasonable accommodations in Wyoming
- 21 Glacier National Park
- 22 Itinerary suggestion for southern Utah and Arizona
- 23 Vegas with toddler twins
- 24 Broadway Banter? Fall 2016 - calling HowardR
- 25 New Mexico in May