I hope this isn't a stupid question. We'll be driving from Lassen to Redwood National Park (camping near Crescent City) around 8am on Thurs July 25. Assuming we arrive in the RNP area around 1pm, we'd obviously like to make the most of the day without tiring ourselves out for our hikes on Fri and Sat. Thinking about grabbing lunch and driving the Avenue of the Giants before we set up camp. What would be your recommendations on how to approach this--where to eat, where do we start the drive, where should we stop along the way? Who knows--perhaps you wouldn't recommend the Ave as an afternoon activity?
Thanks for your thoughts!
Avenue of the Giants
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Relocating Tips - Mild Weather, Good Schools, Low Cost of Living
- 2 Mesa Verde
- 3 Need help with Yellowstone and area starting in SLC
- 4 California road trip
- 5 Suggestions for road trip with children from Birmingham, AL to Grand Canyon
- 6 Seattle Hyatts
- 7 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 8 Trip to the Adirondacks
- 9 Best beach in San Diego for family vacation ages 8-16
- 10 San Diego - wher to stay
- 11 Mountain hiking in the US for kids - Fall/Spring . . .
- 12 Camping in the Adirondacks
- 13 LA, San Diego and San Francisco in 8 days -- can/should we try?
- 14 Flights from Bay Area to Orlando, Florida
- 15 Boston Logan airport to Salem MA
- 16 Berkshires in late October
- 17 2 day in Adirondack park
- 18 No accomodation in Hana...should we forget about it?
- 19 Half Moon Bay, CA - stay there or go to Napa Valley?
- 20 NYC Clubs for live music
- 21 ONP-San Juan Islds or Victoria-Seattle - what's best itinerary for 8 days?
- 22 Alaska trip -Labor Day weekend
- 23 Three Days In Portland, Maine
- 24 LUNCH IN ORLANDO, FL
- 25 Vail or Aspen in summertime?