I hope this isn't a stupid question. We'll be driving from Lassen to Redwood National Park (camping near Crescent City) around 8am on Thurs July 25. Assuming we arrive in the RNP area around 1pm, we'd obviously like to make the most of the day without tiring ourselves out for our hikes on Fri and Sat. Thinking about grabbing lunch and driving the Avenue of the Giants before we set up camp. What would be your recommendations on how to approach this--where to eat, where do we start the drive, where should we stop along the way? Who knows--perhaps you wouldn't recommend the Ave as an afternoon activity?
Thanks for your thoughts!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Safe travel route from Medford, Oregon to Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- 2 Hyatt Regency Boston Harbor - how to get to the city?
- 3 Antelope Canyon and Horseshoe Bend
- 4 Best Places to Start Backpacking
- 5 College Tour: Harvard, MIT, and Yale
- 6 a tourist in DC this February
- 7 Springtime in Florida
- 8 Kings and Sequoia.
- 9 Whale Watching in Kauai
- 10 Springfield, Illinois and no car. Worth a slight detour?
- 11 Camping in Yellowstone? Good idea for a family?
- 12 Grand Canyon Helicopter Ride
- 13 Drive from Denver to Yellowstone in 1 day?
- 14 Itinary for Maui - help please
- 15 4-5 day active vacation/road trip from NY/NJ
- 16 Camping in New England foliage Oct 8-19
- 17 USA October 2016
- 18 Yellowstone or Yosemite in August?
- 19 Redwood National Forest
- 20 Asheville+Charleston+Savannah
- 21 How many days to spend in San Francisco, LA & Las vegas?
- 22 New Orleans on Easter Sunday - parade and church?
- 23 Uber and Miami
- 24 Renting a car in miami, fl
- 25 Help formulate itinerary for Florida keys