I hope this isn't a stupid question. We'll be driving from Lassen to Redwood National Park (camping near Crescent City) around 8am on Thurs July 25. Assuming we arrive in the RNP area around 1pm, we'd obviously like to make the most of the day without tiring ourselves out for our hikes on Fri and Sat. Thinking about grabbing lunch and driving the Avenue of the Giants before we set up camp. What would be your recommendations on how to approach this--where to eat, where do we start the drive, where should we stop along the way? Who knows--perhaps you wouldn't recommend the Ave as an afternoon activity?
Thanks for your thoughts!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Florida beach vacation
- 2 Rafting the Colorado
- 3 4 Nights in NM with a 10 Year Old
- 4 Wine Country
- 5 First Time Oahu/Maui
- 6 Yosemite Trip May 2017
- 7 Uber boston
- 8 New York City - Wasington February 2017
- 9 Florida vacation
- 10 I95
- 11 Buying a home in NJ - need advice from locals thank you!
- 12 Trip to USA in July
- 13 a short trip to san francisco
- 14 Please help with Route 66 planning, overnight stops and detours
- 15 Driving from Provo to Grand Junction in March 2017
- 16 Arizona on a whirlwind update
- 17 Fall 1st time trip wine country
- 18 Where's best place to stay near volcano big island besides volcano house?
- 19 Steamboat Springs, CO
- 20 Camping in or near Big Bend National Park
- 21 San Diego to Oregon road trip itinerary
- 22 Kauai - Grand Hyatt and somewhere else?
- 23 28 Day Road Trip to the Northwest from Chicago
- 24 Olympic vs. Redwood NPs
- 25 Asheville to Atlanta 5 nights in between...need advice for the coast