I hope this isn't a stupid question. We'll be driving from Lassen to Redwood National Park (camping near Crescent City) around 8am on Thurs July 25. Assuming we arrive in the RNP area around 1pm, we'd obviously like to make the most of the day without tiring ourselves out for our hikes on Fri and Sat. Thinking about grabbing lunch and driving the Avenue of the Giants before we set up camp. What would be your recommendations on how to approach this--where to eat, where do we start the drive, where should we stop along the way? Who knows--perhaps you wouldn't recommend the Ave as an afternoon activity?
Thanks for your thoughts!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Charleston Itinerary Feedback Please
- 2 Badlands - Mt. Rushmore -- central place to stay for a few days?
- 3 Arches or Zion?
- 4 Restaurant Recommendations for Queens/Brooklyn/Williamsburgl
- 5 Driving through Chicago area to Wisconsin
- 6 The Lincoln Highway, abridged: Nikki's road trip
- 7 Dallas airport to bush library
- 8 (Healing?) Retreat in Sedona, Az?
- 9 Yellowstone National Park in 5 days - NEED HELP
- 10 First Time to Seattle-Portland-Willamette Valley
- 11 Self parking hotel in Philly
- 12 Pu'uhonua O Honaunau National Historical Park - Hawaii
- 13 Going from Friday Harbor, San Juan Island to Lake Crescent
- 14 Trip Report - Quick Trip to Hyannis - August 2017
- 15 wyoming, south dakota trip
- 16 Providence RI Waterfire
- 17 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017
- 18 Restaurant recommendations in falmouth/mashpee, ma area
- 19 good restaurant near Nawiliwili port, Kauai
- 20 Charlottesville & NC BBQ Trip Report
- 21 New England Foliage Peeping Trip - Oct 4 to 8th
- 22 Orlando Baggage Storage
- 23 how much time to visit pedestal at Statue of Liberty
- 24 Looking to move from North Carolina to Colorado
- 25 Richmond Virginia And Poe