I hope this isn't a stupid question. We'll be driving from Lassen to Redwood National Park (camping near Crescent City) around 8am on Thurs July 25. Assuming we arrive in the RNP area around 1pm, we'd obviously like to make the most of the day without tiring ourselves out for our hikes on Fri and Sat. Thinking about grabbing lunch and driving the Avenue of the Giants before we set up camp. What would be your recommendations on how to approach this--where to eat, where do we start the drive, where should we stop along the way? Who knows--perhaps you wouldn't recommend the Ave as an afternoon activity?
Thanks for your thoughts!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Destination and route guidance needed for Oct trip to New England.
- 2 Cross country road trip to the east coast- here we go...
- 3 Spring Break trip to National Park
- 4 blue ridge parkway?
- 5 Sequoia/Redwoods Large Group Lodging
- 6 EWR to Staten Island 9:50PM
- 7 Esta "Not Authorized to Travel"
- 8 Wedding gifts?
- 9 Big Sur evacuated due to Soberanes fire August 7, 2016
- 10 Trip to Vegas/GC/LA - need advice pleasd
- 11 Are you sick from Alaskan tour?
- 12 Moab Tenting end of Oct?
- 13 NYC lodging help needed for Oct 12-15
- 14 Seattle Ho
- 15 Making the Most of a few days in Silicon Valley
- 16 SF Area - Fall Family Trip
- 17 November redwoods trip
- 18 California trip .. some guidance needed
- 19 Hamilton - Are There Bad Seats at the Rodgers?
- 20 First Trip to New Mexico
- 21 Springfield, Illinois and no car. Worth a slight detour?
- 22 Southern history- walkable cities
- 23 grand canyon to santa fe in april?
- 24 Where to stop for the night along the Oregon coast?
- 25 December Vacation in Florida by Beach