I hope this isn't a stupid question. We'll be driving from Lassen to Redwood National Park (camping near Crescent City) around 8am on Thurs July 25. Assuming we arrive in the RNP area around 1pm, we'd obviously like to make the most of the day without tiring ourselves out for our hikes on Fri and Sat. Thinking about grabbing lunch and driving the Avenue of the Giants before we set up camp. What would be your recommendations on how to approach this--where to eat, where do we start the drive, where should we stop along the way? Who knows--perhaps you wouldn't recommend the Ave as an afternoon activity?
Thanks for your thoughts!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Visting a friend during layover
- 2 Day hikes in Yosemite for family of 4 (2 teens)
- 3 Yosemite traffic worth it for 2-3 days?
- 4 Worthwhile in San Francisco
- 5 Week of July 4th in Hamptons. First-timer, bday dinner...
- 6 florida gulf coast
- 7 Road trip advice needed please
- 8 How to eat cheaply in NY
- 9 Chicago restaurants
- 10 Willamette Valley to PDX--what are the options?
- 11 Roadtrip from Chicago to Philadelphia
- 12 6 Days in California - Advice Needed for first timer!
- 13 Yosemite vs. Yellowstone
- 14 Maine Lobster Rolls
- 15 Newark long term parking
- 16 Sad News for Maine Lobster Lovers
- 17 Roadtrippin on Route 66
- 18 Help plan my trip please
- 19 Hotel Choice Chicago: Loop or Magnificent Mile?
- 20 Heading to Asheville, NC
- 21 Chicago: Hotel Monaco, Swissotel, Sofitel?
- 22 Maui, early August
- 23 Going to the sun road open
- 24 Family Trip advice please?!
- 25 Alaska trip itinerary