I hope this isn't a stupid question. We'll be driving from Lassen to Redwood National Park (camping near Crescent City) around 8am on Thurs July 25. Assuming we arrive in the RNP area around 1pm, we'd obviously like to make the most of the day without tiring ourselves out for our hikes on Fri and Sat. Thinking about grabbing lunch and driving the Avenue of the Giants before we set up camp. What would be your recommendations on how to approach this--where to eat, where do we start the drive, where should we stop along the way? Who knows--perhaps you wouldn't recommend the Ave as an afternoon activity?
Thanks for your thoughts!
Avenue of the Giants
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 2 Spending February on the Florida Panhandle
- 3 Most affordable Wineries in Northern California near Napa?
- 4 First family ski trip
- 5 Arizona road trip any changes?
- 6 Old City -- Philadelphia -- Cocktails?
- 7 Yellowstone & Grand Tetons Wildlife
- 8 NYC theatre broadway
- 9 Need Ideas for Quiet Vacation in Upstate New York
- 10 Universal studios/Orlando
- 11 Florida, Gulf Coast recommendations
- 12 Help for an upcoming NYC trip.
- 13 Great Smokies - Seasonal Closings
- 14 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii
- 15 Road Trip Sept/Oct (4 weeks) Key West-Carolina's-Nashville-Memphis-Dallas-Denver
- 16 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 17 What to do in Pawley's Island in Early March?
- 18 Über, peer sharing sites, and insurance
- 19 Salt Lake City, Utah
- 20 USA with a 3 year old
- 21 Death Valley in June in a motorhome
- 22 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 23 Best seafood restaurant in Boston
- 24 Accomodations in Seattle for 15
- 25 A dreamy week on Kauai with three generations