I hope this isn't a stupid question. We'll be driving from Lassen to Redwood National Park (camping near Crescent City) around 8am on Thurs July 25. Assuming we arrive in the RNP area around 1pm, we'd obviously like to make the most of the day without tiring ourselves out for our hikes on Fri and Sat. Thinking about grabbing lunch and driving the Avenue of the Giants before we set up camp. What would be your recommendations on how to approach this--where to eat, where do we start the drive, where should we stop along the way? Who knows--perhaps you wouldn't recommend the Ave as an afternoon activity?
Thanks for your thoughts!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Italian Food, Palm Desert
- 2 Where would you live for a year if housing was paid for?
- 3 family road trip from SF to Portland to Seattle
- 4 How many states have you been to?
- 5 Pacific Northwest with daughters
- 6 Favourite San Francisco hotel / New things to see??
- 7 New Yorkers...I have a subway construction question for you...
- 8 Hiking the Narrows, Zion National Park
- 9 Florida keys trip
- 10 SF special dinner for 70 birthday
- 11 Northwest National Parks Tour
- 12 Guest Ranch - Montana/Wyoming
- 13 Skagway
- 14 Retiring in NM?
- 15 Chicago to Charleston
- 16 Alaska in First Week of Sept
- 17 Amtrack: Denver to California?
- 18 Where to stay 3 nights to see Yosemite from Death Valley?
- 19 Moving to Dallas - Where to live?
- 20 Washington DC in mid May. Questions!
- 21 Gros Ventre campsite availability mid Sept
- 22 Honeymoon out west.
- 23 New Orleans to Memphis and back
- 24 Route Planning for East USA
- 25 Utah National Parks visit