We are going to be staying at the Hapuna Prince Hotel in Kawaihae (big island) for my birthday and are looking for a place to have dinner. I'd prefer something "non-touristy" and want to avoid resort restaurants, tourist traps and paying too much for mediocre food. I like just about every cuisine, with an affinity for seafood, sushi, oysters, Korean, Vietnamese...
Local, fresh food would be wonderful. Supporting a local family owned business would be ideal.
We aren't cheap, but don't want to spend hundreds
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 testimony
- 2 Fodor's Survey
- 3 Savannah and Charleston over New Years.
- 4 Moving to Florida from Oregon
- 5 3 day road trip from Las Vegas -Grand Canyon, Bryce Canyon, Zion
- 6 TIPS - Pacific Coast Highway
- 7 California trip: Where to go after San Francisco?
- 8 Seeking adivce- 12 days Oregon only or OR/WA
- 9 Kauai for a group over New Years
- 10 Seattle, Las Vegas and Salt Lake
- 11 Northern California Redwoods
- 12 Seaside, California
- 13 Today it rained…on the road in the PNW
- 14 Harpers Ferry weekend
- 15 Myrtle Beach hotels that meet my specific criteria
- 16 saint john the divine concert for peace tickets
- 17 Denali
- 18 JFK Terminal 8
- 19 Off-season use of a car on Zion Scenic Drive
- 20 washington-blueridge parkway-myrtle beach
- 21 Maine in May?
- 22 SF-Yosemite-Monterey Peninsula
- 23 Dinner Cruise down San Antonio River?
- 24 Yellowstone/Grand Tetons (Oct 2016)
- 25 NYC Discounted Metropolitan Opera Tickets
Authentic, local birthday dinner suggestion in/near kawaihae, big island