We are going to be staying at the Hapuna Prince Hotel in Kawaihae (big island) for my birthday and are looking for a place to have dinner. I'd prefer something "non-touristy" and want to avoid resort restaurants, tourist traps and paying too much for mediocre food. I like just about every cuisine, with an affinity for seafood, sushi, oysters, Korean, Vietnamese...
Local, fresh food would be wonderful. Supporting a local family owned business would be ideal.
We aren't cheap, but don't want to spend hundreds
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Camping Road Trip with Kids - SD to Santa Fe
- 2 Port Angelas -Vegas
- 3 First Trip to Texas -
- 4 8-Hour Napali Fishing Charter with Kids?
- 5 Driving from NY to Boston in February
- 6 8 Days in Yellowstone/GTNP
- 7 Grand Circle - need to add 3 nights
- 8 Hyatt Regency Boston Harbor - how to get to the city?
- 9 Driving to Naples fl
- 10 Nashville Questions
- 11 Beaches in Florida
- 12 Must Sees in San Francisco
- 13 What to do in San Diego
- 14 Disney for Florida residents
- 15 Our Boston Getaway
- 16 Lines for Shakespeare in the park tickets
- 17 Whale Watching in Kauai
- 18 Resort/Hotel near Port Canaveral
- 19 Ground Transportation Denver Airport to Downtown
- 20 4-5 day active vacation/road trip from NY/NJ
- 21 40th in Key West
- 22 San Francisco during Super Bowl week
- 23 Family Vacation for Mom's 80th Birthday
- 24 Downtown Chicago
- 25 DNA test re: ancestry - had it done?
Authentic, local birthday dinner suggestion in/near kawaihae, big island