I'm hoping you can give me some help planning activities for my friend's bachelorette party in Austin, May 13th-15th.
We're staying at the Hilton on 4th street and would like everything to be walkable or within a 10 minute cab ride.
Friday we're going to dinner. We had liked the idea of Hula Hut but switched to Guero's when we found out Hula Hut didn't take resos.
Sat night we're planning on taking the bachelorette to the west 6th St bars.
I would love any suggestions you could give me for things to do during the day Saturday or Sunday that could give us a feel for the local culture....but again, low cost, and no more than a 10 minute cab ride from downtown.
I've heard about the Barton Springs and bat watching..let me know if you think these are a must-do, or anything else that would give us a good feel for Austin. We decided that boating, tubing and anything around Lake Traves are out due to logistics and cost. Also, my friends aren't museum people. Eating, music, outdoor activities if it's something uniquely Austin, maybe tours if they're really interesting and inexpensive would be more up their alley.
Would love any suggestions you have. Thanks in advance!
Austin Planning Help
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Long Weekend Travel - Where to?
- 2 Itinerary suggestions/advice for driving fr PAlto/Sequoia/GC/LV/Palo Alto
- 3 Need a Hampton Restaurant Suggestion
- 4 Boston suggestions
- 5 Restaurant recommendations for Ft. Lauderdale
- 6 Looking For Warm Vacation Spot for December in US With 16 Months Old
- 7 Looking for Next Destination
- 8 Tucson area flooding
- 9 Best Sonoma wineries you've never heard of
- 10 Edison Hotel or Holiday Inn Express manhattan midtown w
- 11 Cabo cancelled, so where shall 14 of us go for childless long wknd??
- 12 West Coast Road Trip
- 13 Glacier NP & Yellowstone NP 8 day trip Itinerary
- 14 Albuquerque to Vegas drive and sights
- 15 Driving from Las Vegas to Santa Fe - A few questions.
- 16 Seattle : Airport to Hotel best/economical transportation??
- 17 Fairbanks, denali, kenai peninsula
- 18 first time in AZ
- 19 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 20 Eating at south Lake Tahoe
- 21 4 week family trip ideas
- 22 Las Vegas to San Francisco in October - best route
- 23 Staying at holiday inn express midtown manhattan
- 24 Trip Report - New York & Washington DC – May 30 – June 4, 2014
- 25 Dec / Jan in the USA- advice