I'm hoping you can give me some help planning activities for my friend's bachelorette party in Austin, May 13th-15th.
We're staying at the Hilton on 4th street and would like everything to be walkable or within a 10 minute cab ride.
Friday we're going to dinner. We had liked the idea of Hula Hut but switched to Guero's when we found out Hula Hut didn't take resos.
Sat night we're planning on taking the bachelorette to the west 6th St bars.
I would love any suggestions you could give me for things to do during the day Saturday or Sunday that could give us a feel for the local culture....but again, low cost, and no more than a 10 minute cab ride from downtown.
I've heard about the Barton Springs and bat watching..let me know if you think these are a must-do, or anything else that would give us a good feel for Austin. We decided that boating, tubing and anything around Lake Traves are out due to logistics and cost. Also, my friends aren't museum people. Eating, music, outdoor activities if it's something uniquely Austin, maybe tours if they're really interesting and inexpensive would be more up their alley.
Would love any suggestions you have. Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 LA! Active, FUN couple - area to stay/itenerary
- 2 My parents planned a vacation for me without asking.
- 3 SF with school-age kids -- too much to choose!
- 4 Warmth in December without Zika??
- 5 Thoughts on our Palm Springs Plans
- 6 DC restaurant report
- 7 Neue Galerie
- 8 Polynesian Cultural Centre
- 9 Philadelphia - Safe?
- 10 Washington DC Trip in December with Small Children
- 11 Arizona in winter
- 12 SF-Yosemite-Monterey Peninsula
- 13 The famous SF -> Seattle road trip
- 14 2016/17 Ski Season Opens
- 15 NYC bus tour suggestions
- 16 Arizona in late January
- 17 A Few Days in Asheville
- 18 University of Florida, Gainesville Breakfast Spot
- 19 Going to Oahu December 1-8
- 20 trip repor 5th-8th October
- 21 Key West
- 22 Glacier and Grand Tetons: June or July
- 23 Savannah and Charleston over New Years.
- 24 moving to Florida
- 25 HELP! Solo road trip - the Deep south - Hints & Tips needed!