I'm hoping you can give me some help planning activities for my friend's bachelorette party in Austin, May 13th-15th.
We're staying at the Hilton on 4th street and would like everything to be walkable or within a 10 minute cab ride.
Friday we're going to dinner. We had liked the idea of Hula Hut but switched to Guero's when we found out Hula Hut didn't take resos.
Sat night we're planning on taking the bachelorette to the west 6th St bars.
I would love any suggestions you could give me for things to do during the day Saturday or Sunday that could give us a feel for the local culture....but again, low cost, and no more than a 10 minute cab ride from downtown.
I've heard about the Barton Springs and bat watching..let me know if you think these are a must-do, or anything else that would give us a good feel for Austin. We decided that boating, tubing and anything around Lake Traves are out due to logistics and cost. Also, my friends aren't museum people. Eating, music, outdoor activities if it's something uniquely Austin, maybe tours if they're really interesting and inexpensive would be more up their alley.
Would love any suggestions you have. Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Cruising the Cs: Canyon de Chelly, Canyonlands, and Capitol Reef
- 2 Eating Well In Manhatten
- 3 Secaucus as base for New York 3 days-advice
- 4 arizona rte 66
- 5 Driving conditions from Denver to Winter Park
- 6 Hawaii and...where?
- 7 Pacific Grove/Carmel CA area
- 8 Another Great DC Trip
- 9 Lunch near 9/11 Memorial
- 10 Gatlinburg/Smokies trip report, with photos and captions
- 11 Black History Museum
- 12 Wash DC VRBO recommendation
- 13 Chicago 2017
- 14 West coast to East Coast in April-May 2018
- 15 How much time in Badlands?
- 16 3-day beach weekend in FL Nov for 2 adults
- 17 Where to stay in Little Rock AR
- 18 seeking advice -- scenic drive from DC to Chapel Hill
- 19 DC Restaurants
- 20 Sequoia National Park/Kings Canyon/Amtrak/Tours/grandchild
- 21 Short Oregon Trip
- 22 usa roadtrip
- 23 Visiting San Antonio early November
- 24 Route from Denver to SteamboatSprings
- 25 Mardi Gras - avoid or embrace?