I'm hoping you can give me some help planning activities for my friend's bachelorette party in Austin, May 13th-15th.
We're staying at the Hilton on 4th street and would like everything to be walkable or within a 10 minute cab ride.
Friday we're going to dinner. We had liked the idea of Hula Hut but switched to Guero's when we found out Hula Hut didn't take resos.
Sat night we're planning on taking the bachelorette to the west 6th St bars.
I would love any suggestions you could give me for things to do during the day Saturday or Sunday that could give us a feel for the local culture....but again, low cost, and no more than a 10 minute cab ride from downtown.
I've heard about the Barton Springs and bat watching..let me know if you think these are a must-do, or anything else that would give us a good feel for Austin. We decided that boating, tubing and anything around Lake Traves are out due to logistics and cost. Also, my friends aren't museum people. Eating, music, outdoor activities if it's something uniquely Austin, maybe tours if they're really interesting and inexpensive would be more up their alley.
Would love any suggestions you have. Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 December Vacation in Florida by Beach
- 2 Seattle?
- 3 2 weeks in Alaska with kids
- 4 San Diego Sunset or La Jolla
- 5 November redwoods trip
- 6 SF Area - Fall Family Trip
- 7 Washington visit...perhaps relocate
- 8 October 2016 Hawaii trip help please
- 9 Pacific Northwest Trip - Mother/Daughter
- 10 new orleans french quarter hotels for "the ladies"
- 11 First Trip to New Mexico
- 12 Big Bend, McDonald Observatory, San Antonio and Austin in January
- 13 Southern history- walkable cities
- 14 Wedding gifts?
- 15 Have Questions About Florida's Spring Allergy
- 16 Day trips from Boston
- 17 Mnnpls--what to do, culture and food
- 18 Florida couples first trip to Maine
- 19 10 Year Anniversary Dinner in NYC
- 20 Need advise sightseeing Seattle - Pendleton - Twin Falls - Yellowstone
- 21 RV'ing from Texas to Carolinas for the fall colors...
- 22 Scenic Drive - Rockland to Moosehead Lake?
- 23 Cape Cod Biking & Lodging
- 24 1st time RV trip from Georgia to Oregon
- 25 Los Angeles/Santa Monica -- how many days and where else?