I'm hoping you can give me some help planning activities for my friend's bachelorette party in Austin, May 13th-15th.
We're staying at the Hilton on 4th street and would like everything to be walkable or within a 10 minute cab ride.
Friday we're going to dinner. We had liked the idea of Hula Hut but switched to Guero's when we found out Hula Hut didn't take resos.
Sat night we're planning on taking the bachelorette to the west 6th St bars.
I would love any suggestions you could give me for things to do during the day Saturday or Sunday that could give us a feel for the local culture....but again, low cost, and no more than a 10 minute cab ride from downtown.
I've heard about the Barton Springs and bat watching..let me know if you think these are a must-do, or anything else that would give us a good feel for Austin. We decided that boating, tubing and anything around Lake Traves are out due to logistics and cost. Also, my friends aren't museum people. Eating, music, outdoor activities if it's something uniquely Austin, maybe tours if they're really interesting and inexpensive would be more up their alley.
Would love any suggestions you have. Thanks in advance!
Austin Planning Help
- 1 RV trip from Raleigh NC to Grand Canyon, Zion, Arches.. and?
- 2 Fort Lauderdale weather in late January
- 3 Would this still be a good NYC to Boston Route?
- 4 Denali Bus Tour Evaluation
- 5 Question about Boulder area
- 6 Sedona to Palm Springs
- 7 Need a Good family restaurant near Disney World
- 8 Heard Les Miz is Returning - Production Any Good
- 9 For NYC Tourists ... How to spot a New Yorker
- 10 Univesity of Wisconsin Madison college visit -any tips
- 11 What is the most European looking city in the United States?
- 12 Where to stay in Kauai in December?
- 13 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 14 Biloxi questions again
- 15 San Francisco - Stu Dudley's Recommendations
- 16 Madison Square Garden
- 17 SuperShuttle - are they always so rude?
- 18 Inexpensive Weekend Getaway- New England
- 19 NOLA 10th Anniv. Suggestions?
- 20 Traveling the pacific coast highway and national parks in one week
- 21 Trip Report: New Orleans, Nov. 20 - 25, 2013
- 22 hawaii for 10 weeks
- 23 Warm and don't Drive
- 24 After 13 Years, We Returned to the Big Apple
- 25 Antelope Canyon, Zion, and Bryce advice needed