We are visiting the US in October for our 30th Anniversary and after reading the reviews of tours to the Grand Canyon, we are planning on driving to the GC from LV, staying overnight then returning. As someone who has never driven on the opposite side of the road I would like to make the trip as easy as possible traffic wise. If I pick up the rental car from the airport will that keep me out of more traffic than getting a car from our hotel on the strip. The less city traffic I have to drive through the better. What hours constitute peak hour in Vegas? Any advice would be appreciated.
aussie driving from Vegas to Grand Canyon
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Family Camp in Maine
- 2 2 Days in Portland - Best of?
- 3 Downtown Denver restaurant recommendation, please~
- 4 New York City Taking First Steps Against Air BnB Members
- 5 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 6 Advice on a Hamptons Day Trip
- 7 Travel West Coast
- 8 New York City Restaurants
- 9 Timeshare Nightmares
- 10 Santa Fe advice needed (40th anniversary)
- 11 Which NYC subway should I take?
- 12 Helicopter tours from Vegas to Grand Canyon
- 13 Chicago Architectural River Tours - which one for us?
- 14 Where to stay with kids in Nashville
- 15 East Coast road trip from Boston to Washington DC
- 16 Brooklyn why?
- 17 Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton itinerary - advice requested please!
- 18 Cab Cost from McCarren to Venetian Hotel?
- 19 New York City Subway Fare Payment
- 20 Rafting in Wisconsin
- 21 Cocoa Beach Restaurant Recommendations near Courtyard Cocoa Beach
- 22 Hawaii Trip. Paradise Lost (Or At Least Misplaced)
- 23 Phoenix restaurants
- 24 5 week in US/Mexico
- 25 Camping at Grand Canyon, Bryce, Zion and Arches