We are visiting the US in October for our 30th Anniversary and after reading the reviews of tours to the Grand Canyon, we are planning on driving to the GC from LV, staying overnight then returning. As someone who has never driven on the opposite side of the road I would like to make the trip as easy as possible traffic wise. If I pick up the rental car from the airport will that keep me out of more traffic than getting a car from our hotel on the strip. The less city traffic I have to drive through the better. What hours constitute peak hour in Vegas? Any advice would be appreciated.
aussie driving from Vegas to Grand Canyon
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Seattle, Portland, and day trips all around
- 2 Safari Desert Boots by Bata
- 3 Can Anyone Suggest Me Tourism Evolution Services ?
- 4 Boston GTG? 7/17/14
- 5 Seattle: Something Different?
- 6 Staying in Hollywood or Santa Monica area?
- 7 Grand Canyon helicopter tour from Las Vegas
- 8 Blue Ridge Parkway Help!
- 9 Back from Miami Beach
- 10 Seeking thoughtful advice on Yellowstone/Tetons trip!
- 11 looking for suggestions for quiet florida beach front panhandle stay
- 12 San Fran to Crater Lake? round trip one week
- 13 Detroit, MI to Portland or bust.
- 14 The Driftless Area: An underappreciated region of the Upper Midwest
- 15 Finger Lakes Itinerary Help
- 16 One Night in Dallas
- 17 Las Vegas - what to do solo
- 18 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 19 Which National Park/s with 7-year-old & possibly grandparents
- 20 Current status of Tappan Zee Bridge - summer 2014?
- 21 San Diego - wher to stay
- 22 Seattle Needing some help please
- 23 My 21st Birthday in Chicago
- 24 Princeton, NJ area hotels
- 25 3 weeks covering SF, Monterey, Lake Isabella, Las Vegas and LA (Disney)