We are visiting the US in October for our 30th Anniversary and after reading the reviews of tours to the Grand Canyon, we are planning on driving to the GC from LV, staying overnight then returning. As someone who has never driven on the opposite side of the road I would like to make the trip as easy as possible traffic wise. If I pick up the rental car from the airport will that keep me out of more traffic than getting a car from our hotel on the strip. The less city traffic I have to drive through the better. What hours constitute peak hour in Vegas? Any advice would be appreciated.
aussie driving from Vegas to Grand Canyon
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Chicago- The Godfrey hotel or the Hotel Burnham????
- 2 How to dress in Vegas
- 3 Dining in Manhattan
- 4 Carmel (and Monterey) weekend with a 4 year old
- 5 California & French Polynesia
- 6 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 7 A Week in Naples Florida--Much Ado About Food (and Wine)
- 8 where in 'Charleston' would you winter?
- 9 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 10 Escape cold in mid-Feb (4) nights from Michigan
- 11 Road trip next summes...Suggestions ?
- 12 St Patrick's renovations
- 13 New Casual Italian/Pizza Restaurant, via Danny Meyer: MARTA
- 14 Boston Uber shenanigans? Fake airport fees
- 15 4 week family trip ideas
- 16 Did Interstates ruin travel in America?
- 17 ideas for roadtrip through Utah, Idaho, Wyoming and Colorado
- 18 Is It Possible - One Post for MT, UT, WY in a Week?
- 19 From Seattle airport to the city
- 20 General Utah planning questions
- 21 A trip to the SW: Not rushed, do it all, perfect time of year.
- 22 Protecting yourself when using VRBO
- 23 Washington and Oregon Fall vacation 2015
- 24 need two stop-overs from LA to Santa Fe, NM
- 25 New York City Christmas Trip