Let's Have A Parade!
I've read the posts on this site started in past years about the parade, and there are great tips I'm sure still apply to this years parade - but wanted to start a discussion for those attending this years parade to see if new members to the site had more tips for us attending the parade.
Please don't reply with "stay home or in your hotel room to watch it on t.v."
YES - we know it's going to be crowded and crazy, but the parade is the main reason we are flying to New York. We know we will be standing and waiting and will be in a mob of people.
So... with that in mind - please share any tips on where you've watched the parade and if that was a good location of if there is a different area to try.
Also comments on the balloon inflation the day before would be helpful.
Attending the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade 2011
Let's Have A Parade!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Aussies' USA "White Xmas" 2013/14 Trip Report
- 2 USA with a 3 year old
- 3 And now...The 100 Best Things to Eat in Philadelphia
- 4 united and carry-ons
- 5 Near Plum Island, MA ...what to see and do?
- 6 Old City -- Philadelphia -- Cocktails?
- 7 Cape Cod in early April
- 8 Visiting Paso Robles wine country
- 9 Backpacking in April
- 10 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 11 replica designer handbags
- 12 Portland Maine Hotels
- 13 San Diego parks and attractions
- 14 Help choosing Chicago hotel
- 15 Chigo O'Hare layover
- 16 Lodging in Mendocino County (Anderson Valley, Booneville, ??)
- 17 Palm Springs-Looking for Great Swimming Pool
- 18 Need Ideas for Quiet Vacation in Upstate New York
- 19 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 20 Any feedback on our roadtrip schedule would be much appreciated!
- 21 Yellowstone & Grand Tetons Wildlife
- 22 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 23 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 24 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 25 Black Canyon of the Gunnison East Portal Road