Let's Have A Parade!
I've read the posts on this site started in past years about the parade, and there are great tips I'm sure still apply to this years parade - but wanted to start a discussion for those attending this years parade to see if new members to the site had more tips for us attending the parade.
Please don't reply with "stay home or in your hotel room to watch it on t.v."
YES - we know it's going to be crowded and crazy, but the parade is the main reason we are flying to New York. We know we will be standing and waiting and will be in a mob of people.
So... with that in mind - please share any tips on where you've watched the parade and if that was a good location of if there is a different area to try.
Also comments on the balloon inflation the day before would be helpful.
Attending the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade 2011
Let's Have A Parade!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 WEst Coast WINTER holiday - 5 weeks driving.
- 2 Brooklyn why?
- 3 New York City Restaurants
- 4 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 5 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 6 WISCONSIN
- 7 Antelope Canyon. Tour form Page or just show up there and pick a guide ?
- 8 Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton itinerary - advice requested please!
- 9 Hotel to stay before Channel Islands
- 10 AK-Glacier Bay, Wrangel Elias, Lake Clark, Matanuska glacier, Valdez?
- 11 Roadtrip Across the Country
- 12 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 13 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 14 Boston to PEI: Where would YOU stop over?
- 15 Trip to Portland and Oregon Wine Tour
- 16 What to see/do in Baltimore without a car?
- 17 Dining in D.C.
- 18 Florida--single woman seeks best beaches for swimming and
- 19 Broadway Banter 2014: Starting off with book recommendation
- 20 Metro from airport to hotel?
- 21 Should we stop for a Saturday night in Baltimore?
- 22 Napa Girls Getaway - Need hotel advice
- 23 Colorado in the summer!
- 24 My Boston weekend...killing time near MGH
- 25 Cab Cost from McCarren to Venetian Hotel?