We will visit Atlanta for the first time next month for 2 days, 3 nights and am wondering where best to book a hotel and whether or not a car is better than MARTA.
We will visit High Museum, Aquarium, CNN, maybe the zoo, maybe MLK sites, maybe Atlanta History Center.
At night we search out places with live jazz..Any suggestions for bars or restaurants with jazz? I've heard of Dante's so far.
Walking a bit is no problem. I don't mind some inconvenience to walk if the cost of MARTA passes ( MARTA 2 day pass is $14 X 3 people) is significantly cheaper than renting a car (plus parking?? I was searching hotels on Kayak.com and out of about 150 hotels only saw one with free parking).Plus I would need to consider taxi fares for any locations not served by MARTA.
And what area would be best for a hotel location? From what I've read so far I'm guessing Midtown for nightlife and MARTA access.
Thanks for your help!!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Key West Hidden Gem Hotels?
- 2 2-day romantic couple getaway in CO mountains?
- 3 Best Vegas hotel with 12 & 15 year olds
- 4 Child safe Hawaii beaches in late October
- 5 San Diego/La Jolla?
- 6 Oahu condo-Ilikai
- 7 transportation from JFK to Newark airport 1 way
- 8 road trip
- 9 Thoughts on these 3 spots for Estes Park lodging?
- 10 Sept trip: San Diego, Disneyland and...?
- 11 Driving from San Fran to Seattle
- 12 Day hikes in Yosemite for family of 4 (2 teens)
- 13 San Francisco, Yosemite, Carmel
- 14 Florida in October
- 15 Where to stay - Yosemite, Sequoia, Zion - late July
- 16 Yosemite traffic worth it for 2-3 days?
- 17 Hilton Waikoloa Village - Yay or Nay?
- 18 FLL to Key West
- 19 Driving south from Washington DC, but where??
- 20 Bringing gift box abroad as carry on?
- 21 Roadtrippin on Route 66
- 22 Road Trip to ND, SD, Nebraska, and Iowas
- 23 7-DAY SOJOURN IN SO. CAL
- 24 New England Road Trip
- 25 Help with NE (Maine, Boston, Cape Cod) Trip