We will visit Atlanta for the first time next month for 2 days, 3 nights and am wondering where best to book a hotel and whether or not a car is better than MARTA.
We will visit High Museum, Aquarium, CNN, maybe the zoo, maybe MLK sites, maybe Atlanta History Center.
At night we search out places with live jazz..Any suggestions for bars or restaurants with jazz? I've heard of Dante's so far.
Walking a bit is no problem. I don't mind some inconvenience to walk if the cost of MARTA passes ( MARTA 2 day pass is $14 X 3 people) is significantly cheaper than renting a car (plus parking?? I was searching hotels on Kayak.com and out of about 150 hotels only saw one with free parking).Plus I would need to consider taxi fares for any locations not served by MARTA.
And what area would be best for a hotel location? From what I've read so far I'm guessing Midtown for nightlife and MARTA access.
Thanks for your help!!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Farewell from Ira
- 2 Need a corporate sedan in JFK
- 3 Family vacation itinerary pointers
- 4 NYC Suggestions - Six Week Trip…?
- 5 The Manhattan Project - The Maitais Return To The Big Apple
- 6 Overnight tour from New York to see Washington, D.C.
- 7 Historial/Culture-filled restaurants in Savannah, and Atlanta!
- 8 Where to stay in Missoula?
- 9 Hudson Valley Drive Suggestions
- 10 2 months road trip out west - need one way renting mini RV
- 11 Driving San Antonio to Galveston--how to avoid Houston
- 12 Cape Cod - around Sandwich
- 13 Recommendations for birthday Sunday brunch near but outside Boston
- 14 Pacific coast road trip
- 15 Springfield, Massachusetts and I-91 : Surprisingly Awesome
- 16 Restaurants in San Francisco and Napa/Sonoma Valley
- 17 chicago to hibbing
- 18 Oklahoma - Dallas - Houston - New Orleans - Orlando
- 19 Arlington Hotels
- 20 Fun family adventures in/around Charleston?
- 21 Cabin rental in march
- 22 Our explorations of the Hudson Valley & Catskills
- 23 Driving from south Florida to San Diego late September...where to stop?
- 24 Southern Cali itinerary help
- 25 Restaurants close to King's Station?