We will visit Atlanta for the first time next month for 2 days, 3 nights and am wondering where best to book a hotel and whether or not a car is better than MARTA.
We will visit High Museum, Aquarium, CNN, maybe the zoo, maybe MLK sites, maybe Atlanta History Center.
At night we search out places with live jazz..Any suggestions for bars or restaurants with jazz? I've heard of Dante's so far.
Walking a bit is no problem. I don't mind some inconvenience to walk if the cost of MARTA passes ( MARTA 2 day pass is $14 X 3 people) is significantly cheaper than renting a car (plus parking?? I was searching hotels on Kayak.com and out of about 150 hotels only saw one with free parking).Plus I would need to consider taxi fares for any locations not served by MARTA.
And what area would be best for a hotel location? From what I've read so far I'm guessing Midtown for nightlife and MARTA access.
Thanks for your help!!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 fairfeld inn or Hampton inn
- 2 Vegas to Grand Canyon by car in a day
- 3 Flipkey may be worse the vrbo
- 4 Husband unable to walk long distances
- 5 Middle aged and overweight - can I hike
- 6 Road Trippin' I-94, I-90, I-5, I-70, & I-80
- 7 Maui Bed and Breakfast
- 8 Pacific Coast Highway 1st Timer
- 9 Tioga Rd closed May-Oct??
- 10 All you can eat lobster in vegas and caviar
- 11 Yosemite, Sequoia, Kings Canyon in June 2018
- 12 Inexpensive NYC Meals 2.0
- 13 GOOD EATING ON THE DRIVE BETWEEN FLORIDA AND THE NORTHEAST??
- 14 Hotel near Marlins Park
- 15 Two Seniors Visit NOLA, Cajuns and MS, Leave Wiser
- 16 limited mobility for Savannah
- 17 Easter Week in Key West April 2017
- 18 Colorado Forest Die Off - How Awful Is It? Should We Visit Elsewhere?
- 19 Northwest Passage
- 20 Travelling to Colorado for the First Time - What Should I See and Do?
- 21 Cleveland in 36 hours
- 22 17 DAYS - NATIONAL PARKS (LOOP FROM VEGAS)
- 23 Northwest Car Trip
- 24 What type of hire car for Nat Parks in UT, AZ
- 25 Kauai - wow, just WOW!!!