We will visit Atlanta for the first time next month for 2 days, 3 nights and am wondering where best to book a hotel and whether or not a car is better than MARTA.
We will visit High Museum, Aquarium, CNN, maybe the zoo, maybe MLK sites, maybe Atlanta History Center.
At night we search out places with live jazz..Any suggestions for bars or restaurants with jazz? I've heard of Dante's so far.
Walking a bit is no problem. I don't mind some inconvenience to walk if the cost of MARTA passes ( MARTA 2 day pass is $14 X 3 people) is significantly cheaper than renting a car (plus parking?? I was searching hotels on Kayak.com and out of about 150 hotels only saw one with free parking).Plus I would need to consider taxi fares for any locations not served by MARTA.
And what area would be best for a hotel location? From what I've read so far I'm guessing Midtown for nightlife and MARTA access.
Thanks for your help!!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Boston waterfront Italian
- 2 Need advice - Charleston girls' weekend
- 3 Best restaurants?! - first time to NYC!
- 4 Between Naples and Fort Myers
- 5 SW Colorado/San Juan Skyway ideas?
- 6 Lake Tahoe or ?
- 7 Kids Vacation Place
- 8 Napa valley getaway
- 9 Two nights from Sacramento to Santa Barbara: where to spend the night?
- 10 Grand Canyon From Phoenix
- 11 Steamboat in August
- 12 Trip Report: 2 weeks from SF to Yellowstone and back, June 2016
- 13 Restaurant Recs for Minneapolis
- 14 Planning Rim2Rim Hike at Grand Canyon
- 15 Moving from Fresno CA to highpoint NC
- 16 JFK 10 hour layover-World Trade Center + ?
- 17 October 2016 Hawaii trip help please
- 18 MN lake home rental needed
- 19 Desert Southwest
- 20 Salt lake to boulder ideas
- 21 Whale watching in Bar Harbor Maine
- 22 Hawaii, January 2017.
- 23 Your favourite places in New York City
- 24 Portland, Oregon, hotel: downtown or waterfront?
- 25 Help with road trip from Los Angeles to Utah