We will visit Atlanta for the first time next month for 2 days, 3 nights and am wondering where best to book a hotel and whether or not a car is better than MARTA.
We will visit High Museum, Aquarium, CNN, maybe the zoo, maybe MLK sites, maybe Atlanta History Center.
At night we search out places with live jazz..Any suggestions for bars or restaurants with jazz? I've heard of Dante's so far.
Walking a bit is no problem. I don't mind some inconvenience to walk if the cost of MARTA passes ( MARTA 2 day pass is $14 X 3 people) is significantly cheaper than renting a car (plus parking?? I was searching hotels on Kayak.com and out of about 150 hotels only saw one with free parking).Plus I would need to consider taxi fares for any locations not served by MARTA.
And what area would be best for a hotel location? From what I've read so far I'm guessing Midtown for nightlife and MARTA access.
Thanks for your help!!
Atlanta...what area hotel...need car?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 First family ski trip
- 2 Restaurants in Charleston, SC
- 3 Looking for Destination Ideas
- 4 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 5 The Cindy Shearin Group Bottom Line
- 6 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 7 Chain of Craters Road safe with Infants
- 8 Chigo O'Hare layover
- 9 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 10 Other places like Chautauqua Institution
- 11 What to do in Pawley's Island in Early March?
- 12 Anchorage Sheraton Hotel and Spa
- 13 Visiting Denver
- 14 Visiting Denver
- 15 Grand Circle Trip report, Arizona and Utah
- 16 NYC theatre broadway
- 17 Planning family gathering in Sedona
- 18 Commute from Kailua Kona to Hilo - doable?
- 19 Laguna Beach, what to do
- 20 Louisville to Dallas, spring time, 10 days, teenagers
- 21 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 22 A day in Dallas
- 23 Stony Point, NC to Richmond, VA and surrounding areas... help, please!
- 24 Austin Anniversary Dinner
- 25 Door County Suggestions