We will visit Atlanta for the first time next month for 2 days, 3 nights and am wondering where best to book a hotel and whether or not a car is better than MARTA.
We will visit High Museum, Aquarium, CNN, maybe the zoo, maybe MLK sites, maybe Atlanta History Center.
At night we search out places with live jazz..Any suggestions for bars or restaurants with jazz? I've heard of Dante's so far.
Walking a bit is no problem. I don't mind some inconvenience to walk if the cost of MARTA passes ( MARTA 2 day pass is $14 X 3 people) is significantly cheaper than renting a car (plus parking?? I was searching hotels on Kayak.com and out of about 150 hotels only saw one with free parking).Plus I would need to consider taxi fares for any locations not served by MARTA.
And what area would be best for a hotel location? From what I've read so far I'm guessing Midtown for nightlife and MARTA access.
Thanks for your help!!
Atlanta...what area hotel...need car?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 T-Shirts for Halloween day!
- 2 Timeshare Nightmares
- 3 Road trips - CHI-ATL and MEM-NOLA - April/May 2014
- 4 Antelope Canyon, Best Friends, Bryce, Zion trip report
- 5 bus tour for Grand canyon(South Rim), Horse shoe in 1-day?
- 6 NYC becoming a battleground for Air BnB apartment rentals
- 7 Drinking a beer in all 50 states for cancer reseach. Need bar suggestions!
- 8 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 9 Wilderness Lodge at Disney World questions
- 10 I am "The Prince of Tides"
- 11 "HUMORLESS" response to Kauai comment silliness
- 12 Kanab and Page with Kids Trip Report
- 13 How to dress in Vegas
- 14 Packer game hotel on the bus line.
- 15 Trip Report to Pacific Northwest: August 2014
- 16 Quick advice needed for 1st visit to HNL & Kauai
- 17 USA trip
- 18 Things to do in and around Westbrook, CT in November 2014
- 19 Chicago Questions
- 20 Air Connections on Maui
- 21 camaro hire in waikiki
- 22 Pet Friendly places in Myrtle Beach
- 23 Booking Lodging at the Grand Canyon
- 24 Breckenridge in October
- 25 New Orleans in November - too cool?