We will visit Atlanta for the first time next month for 2 days, 3 nights and am wondering where best to book a hotel and whether or not a car is better than MARTA.
We will visit High Museum, Aquarium, CNN, maybe the zoo, maybe MLK sites, maybe Atlanta History Center.
At night we search out places with live jazz..Any suggestions for bars or restaurants with jazz? I've heard of Dante's so far.
Walking a bit is no problem. I don't mind some inconvenience to walk if the cost of MARTA passes ( MARTA 2 day pass is $14 X 3 people) is significantly cheaper than renting a car (plus parking?? I was searching hotels on Kayak.com and out of about 150 hotels only saw one with free parking).Plus I would need to consider taxi fares for any locations not served by MARTA.
And what area would be best for a hotel location? From what I've read so far I'm guessing Midtown for nightlife and MARTA access.
Thanks for your help!!
Atlanta...what area hotel...need car?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 First trip to Seattle, WA - what should my "musts" be?
- 2 Eating at south Lake Tahoe
- 3 Tucson area flooding
- 4 Priceline: bid for walkable to Alamo/Riverwalk in San Antonio. Possible?
- 5 Road Trip: Niagara to New York Via Vermont
- 6 Storing luggage in Manhattan for a few hours
- 7 Restaurant recommendations for Ft. Lauderdale
- 8 California
- 9 lunch in Boulder CO TODAY!!
- 10 Christmas in TX
- 11 San Diego locals-can you advise?
- 12 First trip to Portland, OR - looking for recommendations
- 13 Looking For Warm Vacation Spot for December in US With 16 Months Old
- 14 Oregon Road Trip
- 15 Long Island Advice
- 16 December 2014 travel. Family w/young adults
- 17 Colorado aspen updates
- 18 Georgetown Washington DC Historic row houses along C&O Canal?
- 19 Yellowstone and Tetons in a Flash
- 20 Best Sonoma wineries you've never heard of
- 21 Palm Desert California recommendations for dining
- 22 TripReport--10 Utah Circle
- 23 Fairbanks, denali, kenai peninsula
- 24 Lunch near 254 west 54th st.
- 25 Need suggestions: 6-day Thanksgiving trip Seattle,Portland,Vancouver(maybe)