We will visit Atlanta for the first time next month for 2 days, 3 nights and am wondering where best to book a hotel and whether or not a car is better than MARTA.
We will visit High Museum, Aquarium, CNN, maybe the zoo, maybe MLK sites, maybe Atlanta History Center.
At night we search out places with live jazz..Any suggestions for bars or restaurants with jazz? I've heard of Dante's so far.
Walking a bit is no problem. I don't mind some inconvenience to walk if the cost of MARTA passes ( MARTA 2 day pass is $14 X 3 people) is significantly cheaper than renting a car (plus parking?? I was searching hotels on Kayak.com and out of about 150 hotels only saw one with free parking).Plus I would need to consider taxi fares for any locations not served by MARTA.
And what area would be best for a hotel location? From what I've read so far I'm guessing Midtown for nightlife and MARTA access.
Thanks for your help!!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Has anyone rent US travel WiFi before?
- 2 http://newhealthsupplement.com/malexpro/
- 3 Florida vacation
- 4 Best Place to Stay in South Beach
- 5 USA Trip in 4 Weeks
- 6 iMold US Water Damage & Mold Removal Service
- 7 Best route to tour most of Michigan-Help!
- 8 sight seeing Las Vegas to Palm Springs to Sante Fe
- 9 LV off strip hotels with shuttles to strip
- 10 Key West luxury hotels
- 11 Scenic vistas along the road the big island Hawaii
- 12 Where's best place to stay near volcano big island besides volcano house?
- 13 Spring Break National Park Visit
- 14 I95
- 15 Florida keys trip
- 16 LAX Time Between Terminals
- 17 Wine Country
- 18 New York City - Wasington February 2017
- 19 South Beach Miami dance clubs for people in their 30s and 40s
- 20 Comment Needed: 22 Days - West Cost (California & LV)
- 21 10 days in California. What should I hit?
- 22 Early 2017 Broadway Banter - "Come From Away"
- 23 Nashville Never Been
- 24 Where to stay 3 nights Big Island Jan 29-Feb 1
- 25 Florida beach vacation