We will visit Atlanta for the first time next month for 2 days, 3 nights and am wondering where best to book a hotel and whether or not a car is better than MARTA.
We will visit High Museum, Aquarium, CNN, maybe the zoo, maybe MLK sites, maybe Atlanta History Center.
At night we search out places with live jazz..Any suggestions for bars or restaurants with jazz? I've heard of Dante's so far.
Walking a bit is no problem. I don't mind some inconvenience to walk if the cost of MARTA passes ( MARTA 2 day pass is $14 X 3 people) is significantly cheaper than renting a car (plus parking?? I was searching hotels on Kayak.com and out of about 150 hotels only saw one with free parking).Plus I would need to consider taxi fares for any locations not served by MARTA.
And what area would be best for a hotel location? From what I've read so far I'm guessing Midtown for nightlife and MARTA access.
Thanks for your help!!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://boostupmuscles.com/lon-z/
- 2 Driving from Sacramento to San Francisco
- 3 The teeth are a portraying component of one's face and looks
- 4 Moving to Florida from Oregon
- 5 Getty center and Getty Villa
- 6 Las Vegas Vacation
- 7 Advertising Sublets in NYC Now Illegal - Air BnB Has Pulled Listings
- 8 LA! Active, FUN couple - area to stay/itenerary
- 9 Traveling Alone
- 10 Fall Foliage Peak 2016 NW Arkansas?
- 11 Thoughts on our Palm Springs Plans
- 12 Polynesian Cultural Centre
- 13 Looking for Panhandle advice
- 14 Reasonable accommodations in Wyoming
- 15 Glacier National Park
- 16 Today it rained…on the road in the PNW
- 17 Itinerary suggestion for southern Utah and Arizona
- 18 Vegas with toddler twins
- 19 Last minute trip to Arizona
- 20 Broadway Banter? Fall 2016 - calling HowardR
- 21 Arizona in late January
- 22 New Mexico in May
- 23 disneyland
- 24 DCArea GTG April 2017
- 25 Family road trip Washington DC-Stuart, Florida