I need some Fodor's help!
My daughter and I are going to spend Sunday afternoon thru Monday afternoon in Atlanta. We are adding the trip on after spending the weekend in Tuscaloosa touring U of Alabama.
I have no idea where to stay in Atlanta!
Had booked the Courtyard Downtown, but after spending the last hour on Fodor's realized that other areas might work better for us.
We are planning the following:
Sunday - check in to hotel and head to Atlanta Zoo until closing. After that we'd like to go someplace uniquely Southern for dinner. Then back to hotel.
Monday - early to Aquarium where D plans to spend most of the day. She is crazy about sharks, etc. So we could be here for hours and hours. Lunch in Aquarium. Maybe walk over to Centennial Park or go to CNN or World of Coke if time. Dinner...again, someplace unique to Atlanta.
Tuesday - flight is at 5pm. Might try to get to CNN or World of Coke first thing in the morning and then head to airport.
CAR: We will have a car...but I was thinking of dropping it at the airport on Sunday when we get to Atlanta. It seems like MARTA is pretty convenient. But if it's a hassle, then we will drive.
So, my questions are:
Where should we stay? Buckhead? Midtown?
Car or no Car? Is MARTA safe and reliable? I've read some horror stories about it and not sure if they are sensationalized.
Food? Any rec's for dinner would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you so much!
Atlanta Hotel - Mom/Daughter 2 day trip Where to stay?? Car or no Car?
I need some Fodor's help!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Accommodation New Orleans LA
- 2 Best way to spend a few hours in Greater Los Angeles?
- 3 best places to visit in winter through WV to North Carolina
- 4 Philadelphia accommodation thoughts
- 5 San Diego/ Baja / Desert / Vegas/ Mexico
- 6 Yellowstone in the winter?
- 7 A trip to the SW: Not rushed, do it all, perfect time of year.
- 8 Gulf coast - Naples, Sanibel Island, Marco Island or Fort Meyers, which one
- 9 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 10 NYC Department Store Windows for Christmas - Ready, Set, Go
- 11 Side Show is a must-see show on Broadway
- 12 Boston in winter?
- 13 Public transportation in Salem MA
- 14 san fran sightseeing
- 15 Did Interstates ruin travel in America?
- 16 American Honeymoon in March
- 17 Midway to Mag. Mile area -- cab or public transport?
- 18 Family Friendly Resort Vacation for Holidays
- 19 Public Transportation to DC and NY from Baltimore Area
- 20 A Week in Naples Florida--Much Ado About Food (and Wine)
- 21 Manhattan Marriott Property December
- 22 Colorado Skiing
- 23 Best Route into NW Washington DC
- 24 Photo trip log from Grand Wailea
- 25 Transportation from Seattle to Vancouver BC