I need some Fodor's help!
My daughter and I are going to spend Sunday afternoon thru Monday afternoon in Atlanta. We are adding the trip on after spending the weekend in Tuscaloosa touring U of Alabama.
I have no idea where to stay in Atlanta!
Had booked the Courtyard Downtown, but after spending the last hour on Fodor's realized that other areas might work better for us.
We are planning the following:
Sunday - check in to hotel and head to Atlanta Zoo until closing. After that we'd like to go someplace uniquely Southern for dinner. Then back to hotel.
Monday - early to Aquarium where D plans to spend most of the day. She is crazy about sharks, etc. So we could be here for hours and hours. Lunch in Aquarium. Maybe walk over to Centennial Park or go to CNN or World of Coke if time. Dinner...again, someplace unique to Atlanta.
Tuesday - flight is at 5pm. Might try to get to CNN or World of Coke first thing in the morning and then head to airport.
CAR: We will have a car...but I was thinking of dropping it at the airport on Sunday when we get to Atlanta. It seems like MARTA is pretty convenient. But if it's a hassle, then we will drive.
So, my questions are:
Where should we stay? Buckhead? Midtown?
Car or no Car? Is MARTA safe and reliable? I've read some horror stories about it and not sure if they are sensationalized.
Food? Any rec's for dinner would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you so much!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Where to Stay in Philly in April?
- 2 Road trip to NP: from Denver to San Francisco or the other way around?
- 3 NYC - 10 Nights - Itinerary Feedback
- 4 Alaska in First Week of Sept
- 5 Where to stay in Glacier NP
- 6 family road trip from SF to Portland to Seattle
- 7 Help PLS Philli or Boston
- 8 DC Cherry Blossoms 2017
- 9 Trip Report 2012 : 11 wonderful days in Alaska
- 10 Family spring break destinations on the N.E. coast
- 11 Jersey shore town recommendation for July 4th weeekend
- 12 My quickie roadtrip to Philly - art, photos, food, and some good karma.
- 13 Moving to Dallas - Where to live?
- 14 San Diego to Vancouver in 14 Days
- 15 Pacific Northwest with daughters
- 16 Summer trip
- 17 How many states have you been to?
- 18 Gros Ventre campsite availability mid Sept
- 19 Florida keys trip
- 20 Washington DC in mid May. Questions!
- 21 Route Planning for East USA
- 22 Italian Food, Palm Desert
- 23 Where would you live for a year if housing was paid for?
- 24 Favourite San Francisco hotel / New things to see??
- 25 New Yorkers...I have a subway construction question for you...
Atlanta Hotel - Mom/Daughter 2 day trip Where to stay?? Car or no Car?
I need some Fodor's help!