My wife and I are considering a fall trip to one of these areas. Are they comparable in terms of hiking opportunities and scenic beauty, or would you recommend one area over the other? Thanks.
Asheville or Cashiers/Highlands- best for hiking, natural scenery
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Is It Possible - One Post for MT, UT, WY in a Week?
- 2 From Seattle airport to the city
- 3 General Utah planning questions
- 4 Road trip next summes...Suggestions ?
- 5 where in 'Charleston' would you winter?
- 6 Escape cold in mid-Feb (4) nights from Michigan
- 7 A trip to the SW: Not rushed, do it all, perfect time of year.
- 8 A Week in Naples Florida--Much Ado About Food (and Wine)
- 9 Protecting yourself when using VRBO
- 10 Washington and Oregon Fall vacation 2015
- 11 need two stop-overs from LA to Santa Fe, NM
- 12 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 13 Dining in Manhattan
- 14 ideas for roadtrip through Utah, Idaho, Wyoming and Colorado
- 15 New York City Christmas Trip
- 16 Chicago- The Godfrey hotel or the Hotel Burnham????
- 17 Las Vegas to Grand Canyon, February
- 18 Washington - North cascades trails (Goat Lake and others) okay in winter?
- 19 Colorado Skiing
- 20 American Honeymoon in March
- 21 Craft Beer & Delicious Food in Vegas
- 22 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
- 23 golf and fishing recommendations in Tampa area
- 24 Recomendations for outlets in miami and hotels in orlando
- 25 Northern West Coast Road Trip