I am planning a trip to Asheville, North Carolina for a week at the beginning of October. I am from the US originally, but now live in Costa Rica. First timers to North Carolina, my brother will be attending college in Mars Hill and I would like to see him for his fall break.. Asheville is the closest town.
We love outdoorsy activities - rafting, mountain biking, hiking, climbing, visiting waterfalls etc. Any suggestions on tour companies to use would be greatly appreciated! What are the "must-see" things to do and see in Asheville? I read about a natural water slide, is anyone familiar with that? My boyfriend is a rafting guide here in Costa Rica, and so we would like something that has Class IV or V rapids, does that exist here?
Does anyone have recommendations of places to stay, something nice and close to activities, shops, restaurants, etc but not too over the top expensive? We plan on renting a car, does anyone have recommendations of a good company to use? Since we will have a car, are there any places that you recommend going outside of Asheville for a day trip that aren't too far away? Would it be best to fly into Charlotte?
Thank you in advance for all of the help!
Asheville, North Carolina - Where to Stay, What to Do????
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Edison Hotel or Holiday Inn Express manhattan midtown w
- 2 Yosemite Lodging
- 3 Temecula Winery Tours
- 4 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 5 Fairbanks Alaska
- 6 First trip to Portland, OR - looking for recommendations
- 7 Worst Restaurants in America
- 8 Trip Report - Yellowstone & Grand Tetons National Parks - July 18-25, 2014
- 9 What's new on Maui?
- 10 Safe for female travelling alone to Alaska in early November?
- 11 Washington DC and Philadelphia
- 12 Help with seeing Rocky Mountain National Park
- 13 Jensen Beach - Vistana Beach Club
- 14 Broadway choices
- 15 MA to FL on Thanksgiving Day
- 16 Question About Sealodge
- 17 Colorado aspen updates
- 18 New England Skiing
- 19 4 week family trip ideas
- 20 Albuquerque to Vegas drive and sights
- 21 Best Sonoma wineries you've never heard of
- 22 Restaurant recommendations for Ft. Lauderdale
- 23 Florida KeysL Big Pine Key or Tavernier
- 24 Fairbanks, denali, kenai peninsula
- 25 Fall week in Massachusetts