I am planning a trip to Asheville, North Carolina for a week at the beginning of October. I am from the US originally, but now live in Costa Rica. First timers to North Carolina, my brother will be attending college in Mars Hill and I would like to see him for his fall break.. Asheville is the closest town.
We love outdoorsy activities - rafting, mountain biking, hiking, climbing, visiting waterfalls etc. Any suggestions on tour companies to use would be greatly appreciated! What are the "must-see" things to do and see in Asheville? I read about a natural water slide, is anyone familiar with that? My boyfriend is a rafting guide here in Costa Rica, and so we would like something that has Class IV or V rapids, does that exist here?
Does anyone have recommendations of places to stay, something nice and close to activities, shops, restaurants, etc but not too over the top expensive? We plan on renting a car, does anyone have recommendations of a good company to use? Since we will have a car, are there any places that you recommend going outside of Asheville for a day trip that aren't too far away? Would it be best to fly into Charlotte?
Thank you in advance for all of the help!
Asheville, North Carolina - Where to Stay, What to Do????
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 What to see/do in Baltimore without a car?
- 2 Metro from airport to hotel?
- 3 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 4 Should we stop for a Saturday night in Baltimore?
- 5 Colorado Trip in Late May 2014
- 6 Audio Driving Tour Big Island and Oahu
- 7 Book ahead for weekends this spring in Asheville, NC
- 8 Asheville NC without a car
- 9 Albuquerque Recommendations
- 10 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 11 RIP Rizzoli, J&R Music, Pearl Paint
- 12 Myrtle Beach
- 13 9 Day Trip to Yosemite, Oregon and Washington State
- 14 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 15 2 weeks in FL, Savannah and Charleston
- 16 Colorado in the summer!
- 17 Place for a drink where kids are allowed? An NYC question.
- 18 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 19 AK-Glacier Bay, Wrangel Elias, Lake Clark, Matanuska glacier, Valdez?
- 20 Washington DC Metro
- 21 Houseboat on Lake Powell
- 22 Suggestions for road trip with children from Birmingham, AL to Grand Canyon
- 23 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 24 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,
- 25 Alexandria or Georgetown