I am planning a trip to Asheville, North Carolina for a week at the beginning of October. I am from the US originally, but now live in Costa Rica. First timers to North Carolina, my brother will be attending college in Mars Hill and I would like to see him for his fall break.. Asheville is the closest town.
We love outdoorsy activities - rafting, mountain biking, hiking, climbing, visiting waterfalls etc. Any suggestions on tour companies to use would be greatly appreciated! What are the "must-see" things to do and see in Asheville? I read about a natural water slide, is anyone familiar with that? My boyfriend is a rafting guide here in Costa Rica, and so we would like something that has Class IV or V rapids, does that exist here?
Does anyone have recommendations of places to stay, something nice and close to activities, shops, restaurants, etc but not too over the top expensive? We plan on renting a car, does anyone have recommendations of a good company to use? Since we will have a car, are there any places that you recommend going outside of Asheville for a day trip that aren't too far away? Would it be best to fly into Charlotte?
Thank you in advance for all of the help!
Asheville, North Carolina - Where to Stay, What to Do????
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 best area to stay in san diego
- 2 3 star hotels in manhattan
- 3 San Francisco-Coventry Inn??
- 4 San Francisco - mid October
- 5 Help on which island(s) for Scuba Divers
- 6 Scouting trip for possible move to SoCal -- advice on itin, please
- 7 Vegas to Grand Canyon, Bryce and/or Zion Dilemmma!
- 8 Another California/Utah/Arizona Road Trip...Itinerary Comments?
- 9 Santa Barbara Itinerary Help Needed
- 10 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 11 Los Abrigados Sedona Arizona
- 12 Two 64 year old buddies on A week trip
- 13 Alexandria, VA Marriott Residence Inn et al
- 14 Denver 1 day in denver
- 15 Vegas Hotels-NY,NY, MIrage, Vdara
- 16 Roundtop Texas Lodging
- 17 Zion NP - Grand Canyon North Rim - Las Vegas
- 18 Burlington VT day trip
- 19 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 20 A weekend in Boston area with Friends (including 2 teenagers)
- 21 Hiking, Horses, Having fun: Family Adventure in Yellowstone & Grand Teton
- 22 Need help planning trip to Atlanta, Alabama and then New Orleans
- 23 Part Three of an 18 Day RV trip - Seward
- 24 Vegas hotels for families
- 25 Keeping Hip-Chic At Bay: Seattle and A Couple Points South