I am planning a trip to Asheville, North Carolina for a week at the beginning of October. I am from the US originally, but now live in Costa Rica. First timers to North Carolina, my brother will be attending college in Mars Hill and I would like to see him for his fall break.. Asheville is the closest town.
We love outdoorsy activities - rafting, mountain biking, hiking, climbing, visiting waterfalls etc. Any suggestions on tour companies to use would be greatly appreciated! What are the "must-see" things to do and see in Asheville? I read about a natural water slide, is anyone familiar with that? My boyfriend is a rafting guide here in Costa Rica, and so we would like something that has Class IV or V rapids, does that exist here?
Does anyone have recommendations of places to stay, something nice and close to activities, shops, restaurants, etc but not too over the top expensive? We plan on renting a car, does anyone have recommendations of a good company to use? Since we will have a car, are there any places that you recommend going outside of Asheville for a day trip that aren't too far away? Would it be best to fly into Charlotte?
Thank you in advance for all of the help!
Asheville, North Carolina - Where to Stay, What to Do????
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Where to stay for Acadia National Park
- 2 Puerto Rico in December - how much can we do?
- 3 East Coast trip in 11 full days.
- 4 what to do in the St. Louis area Oct.12 thru Oct19
- 5 Cape Cod
- 6 San Francisco - mid October
- 7 Panama City beach or other suggestion
- 8 Navajo guide in Canyon de Chelly?
- 9 San Diego with Kids
- 10 Tour companies
- 11 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 12 NYC Neighbourhoods
- 13 New York - October with 7 yr old
- 14 New York City Borough Walking: Where for Diverse Flavorful Neighborhoods?
- 15 Something to do besides drink wine in Sonoma.
- 16 Which botanical garden is the best in Kauai?
- 17 Road Trip! Philadelphia to Montreal and Quebec
- 18 Where to go to hear good Hawaiian Music in Kauai?
- 19 New York itinerary for 5 or 6 days
- 20 Getting around the Big Island
- 21 Where to go? Family looking for the perfect vacation spot.
- 22 best of yellowstone
- 23 Lake Tahoe to Yosemite: advice needed
- 24 Washington DC and NYC - What to book ahead of time?
- 25 4th thread on East Coast trip.