I am planning a trip to Asheville, North Carolina for a week at the beginning of October. I am from the US originally, but now live in Costa Rica. First timers to North Carolina, my brother will be attending college in Mars Hill and I would like to see him for his fall break.. Asheville is the closest town.
We love outdoorsy activities - rafting, mountain biking, hiking, climbing, visiting waterfalls etc. Any suggestions on tour companies to use would be greatly appreciated! What are the "must-see" things to do and see in Asheville? I read about a natural water slide, is anyone familiar with that? My boyfriend is a rafting guide here in Costa Rica, and so we would like something that has Class IV or V rapids, does that exist here?
Does anyone have recommendations of places to stay, something nice and close to activities, shops, restaurants, etc but not too over the top expensive? We plan on renting a car, does anyone have recommendations of a good company to use? Since we will have a car, are there any places that you recommend going outside of Asheville for a day trip that aren't too far away? Would it be best to fly into Charlotte?
Thank you in advance for all of the help!
Asheville, North Carolina - Where to Stay, What to Do????
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 2 weeks in FL, Savannah and Charleston
- 2 Relocation: Where Do We Fit In
- 3 What do you do when your VRBO rental is a nightmare in Lake Geneva?
- 4 Quick advice needed for 1st visit to HNL & Kauai
- 5 Weather in Hawaii in January
- 6 NYC becoming a battleground for Air BnB apartment rentals
- 7 Weekend in NYC
- 8 I am "The Prince of Tides"
- 9 Antelope Canyon, Best Friends, Bryce, Zion trip report
- 10 Kanab and Page with Kids Trip Report
- 11 Looking for good moonstone beach hotels in cambria
- 12 Booking Lodging at the Grand Canyon
- 13 Tennessee Alabama Louisiana
- 14 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 15 Grand Teton & Yellowstone & ???
- 16 Three or Four Nights in Moab?
- 17 Utah mid Sept Trip Report, Zion, Bryce, Arches- beautiful!
- 18 Breckenridge in October
- 19 East Coast to West Coast travel route
- 20 Family Trip to Moab - Flying into SLC
- 21 Richmond highlights?
- 22 Best City on the Gulf Coast to live?
- 23 "HUMORLESS" response to Kauai comment silliness
- 24 Central Park Fall Foliage
- 25 Pet Friendly places in Myrtle Beach