This is a quick report on a 4 night trip to Asheville. The first afternoon, we visited the visitor center on the Blue Ridge Parkway and then, the North Carolina Arboretum, taking a hike there. We stayed at Bent Creek B&B, which was the perfect mix of convenient and out of the way, with delicious food and helpful owners--not to mention comfortable lodging. We ate at Tupelo Honey Cafe, which has 2 locations, and healthful, good food. Day 2, we went hiking in Dupont Forest, where there are accessible trails to great waterfalls. Then, to Brevard, for lunch -- delicious, although a little pricey. Walked around town and got great coffee at Brown Bean Coffee Makers and dessert at Rocky's Coffee Shop-a treat to visit. Day 3, we went to see the Biltmore. Day 4, we had a tour with History@Hand-informative and the perfect amount of time. Spent the rest of the day walking around downtown, and in the artist gallery's in the River Arts District and the evening at the Moscow Ballet, which happened to be in town. The Chocolate Fetish was a treat and the White Duck Taco Shop a real find! Day 5, we went to the WNC Farmer's Market (nothing special), the Folk Art Center (on the BR Parkway) which was wonderful and started heading home. There was more to do than we could fit in. Definitely an area to which we will return.
Asheville, NC trip
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Chicago- The Godfrey hotel or the Hotel Burnham????
- 2 Boston area -- nature
- 3 Which hotel - Washington Hilton OR Cambria Suites
- 4 where in 'Charleston' would you winter?
- 5 Boston Uber shenanigans? Fake airport fees
- 6 Hotel - Caesars Palace OR Signature @ MGM
- 7 Metro or cab from Delancey St to Penn Station?
- 8 4 week family trip ideas
- 9 SFO black friday traffic
- 10 Tennessee Alabama Louisiana
- 11 best place for New Year's in the South?
- 12 California & French Polynesia
- 13 General Utah planning questions
- 14 Carmel (and Monterey) weekend with a 4 year old
- 15 ideas for roadtrip through Utah, Idaho, Wyoming and Colorado
- 16 A Week in Naples Florida--Much Ado About Food (and Wine)
- 17 Escape cold in mid-Feb (4) nights from Michigan
- 18 Dining in Manhattan
- 19 need two stop-overs from LA to Santa Fe, NM
- 20 American Honeymoon in March
- 21 How to dress in Vegas
- 22 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 23 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 24 Road trip next summes...Suggestions ?
- 25 St Patrick's renovations