This is a quick report on a 4 night trip to Asheville. The first afternoon, we visited the visitor center on the Blue Ridge Parkway and then, the North Carolina Arboretum, taking a hike there. We stayed at Bent Creek B&B, which was the perfect mix of convenient and out of the way, with delicious food and helpful owners--not to mention comfortable lodging. We ate at Tupelo Honey Cafe, which has 2 locations, and healthful, good food. Day 2, we went hiking in Dupont Forest, where there are accessible trails to great waterfalls. Then, to Brevard, for lunch -- delicious, although a little pricey. Walked around town and got great coffee at Brown Bean Coffee Makers and dessert at Rocky's Coffee Shop-a treat to visit. Day 3, we went to see the Biltmore. Day 4, we had a tour with History@Hand-informative and the perfect amount of time. Spent the rest of the day walking around downtown, and in the artist gallery's in the River Arts District and the evening at the Moscow Ballet, which happened to be in town. The Chocolate Fetish was a treat and the White Duck Taco Shop a real find! Day 5, we went to the WNC Farmer's Market (nothing special), the Folk Art Center (on the BR Parkway) which was wonderful and started heading home. There was more to do than we could fit in. Definitely an area to which we will return.
Asheville, NC trip
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Best way to spend a few hours in Greater Los Angeles?
- 2 best places to visit in winter through WV to North Carolina
- 3 Philadelphia accommodation thoughts
- 4 San Diego/ Baja / Desert / Vegas/ Mexico
- 5 Yellowstone in the winter?
- 6 A trip to the SW: Not rushed, do it all, perfect time of year.
- 7 Gulf coast - Naples, Sanibel Island, Marco Island or Fort Meyers, which one
- 8 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 9 NYC Department Store Windows for Christmas - Ready, Set, Go
- 10 Side Show is a must-see show on Broadway
- 11 Boston in winter?
- 12 Public transportation in Salem MA
- 13 san fran sightseeing
- 14 Did Interstates ruin travel in America?
- 15 American Honeymoon in March
- 16 Midway to Mag. Mile area -- cab or public transport?
- 17 Family Friendly Resort Vacation for Holidays
- 18 Public Transportation to DC and NY from Baltimore Area
- 19 A Week in Naples Florida--Much Ado About Food (and Wine)
- 20 Manhattan Marriott Property December
- 21 Colorado Skiing
- 22 Best Route into NW Washington DC
- 23 Photo trip log from Grand Wailea
- 24 Transportation from Seattle to Vancouver BC
- 25 Chicago in early summer, what to do with our car