This is a quick report on a 4 night trip to Asheville. The first afternoon, we visited the visitor center on the Blue Ridge Parkway and then, the North Carolina Arboretum, taking a hike there. We stayed at Bent Creek B&B, which was the perfect mix of convenient and out of the way, with delicious food and helpful owners--not to mention comfortable lodging. We ate at Tupelo Honey Cafe, which has 2 locations, and healthful, good food. Day 2, we went hiking in Dupont Forest, where there are accessible trails to great waterfalls. Then, to Brevard, for lunch -- delicious, although a little pricey. Walked around town and got great coffee at Brown Bean Coffee Makers and dessert at Rocky's Coffee Shop-a treat to visit. Day 3, we went to see the Biltmore. Day 4, we had a tour with History@Hand-informative and the perfect amount of time. Spent the rest of the day walking around downtown, and in the artist gallery's in the River Arts District and the evening at the Moscow Ballet, which happened to be in town. The Chocolate Fetish was a treat and the White Duck Taco Shop a real find! Day 5, we went to the WNC Farmer's Market (nothing special), the Folk Art Center (on the BR Parkway) which was wonderful and started heading home. There was more to do than we could fit in. Definitely an area to which we will return.
Asheville, NC trip
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 NYC - Taxi Cost JFK to Upper West Side
- 2 Yosemite in Winter
- 3 New York (for women turning 50th) 2015
- 4 Flying New Orleans-Burlington Vt, which airline? Where should I connect?
- 5 Orlando in March
- 6 Business in San diego and then a weeks vacation?
- 7 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 8 Photos from Texas Christmas Road Trip
- 9 1st time DC-NYC for family of 5 - Need itinerary advice
- 10 Active Vacation
- 11 Louisiana Hotel Questions
- 12 Quick SoCal question
- 13 3 weeks coast to coast from Boston to San Francisco - Help!
- 14 Prince Philip Cruise (Whittier) vs Kenai Fjords (Seward)
- 15 New England September
- 16 Required snow tires & rental cars?
- 17 San Francisco hotel in Fisherman's Wharf or Union Square
- 18 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 19 Tampa in February
- 20 Restaurants in Lakeland, FL
- 21 January Jaunt to the Southernmost City ~ Long with Pics!
- 22 NYC LES Restaurant A Casa Fox
- 23 NYC taxi vs car service
- 24 San Francisco-renting a car for a day
- 25 Car Rental West Palm Beach