This is a quick report on a 4 night trip to Asheville. The first afternoon, we visited the visitor center on the Blue Ridge Parkway and then, the North Carolina Arboretum, taking a hike there. We stayed at Bent Creek B&B, which was the perfect mix of convenient and out of the way, with delicious food and helpful owners--not to mention comfortable lodging. We ate at Tupelo Honey Cafe, which has 2 locations, and healthful, good food. Day 2, we went hiking in Dupont Forest, where there are accessible trails to great waterfalls. Then, to Brevard, for lunch -- delicious, although a little pricey. Walked around town and got great coffee at Brown Bean Coffee Makers and dessert at Rocky's Coffee Shop-a treat to visit. Day 3, we went to see the Biltmore. Day 4, we had a tour with History@Hand-informative and the perfect amount of time. Spent the rest of the day walking around downtown, and in the artist gallery's in the River Arts District and the evening at the Moscow Ballet, which happened to be in town. The Chocolate Fetish was a treat and the White Duck Taco Shop a real find! Day 5, we went to the WNC Farmer's Market (nothing special), the Folk Art Center (on the BR Parkway) which was wonderful and started heading home. There was more to do than we could fit in. Definitely an area to which we will return.
Asheville, NC trip
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 San Jose Airport to Paso Robles
- 2 New York City - apartment locations
- 3 NYC hotel/July
- 4 3-Days Driving from Denver to Santa Fe: Suggestions?
- 5 Murray Hill NYC restaurants
- 6 Final dinner in NYC recommendations
- 7 3 or 4 days north of San Francisco with kids
- 8 new york subway help please
- 9 Car Rental in Sedona
- 10 Don't let me miss any special spots, YNP & GTNP in July.
- 11 las vegas, zion, bryce , grandcanyon, page (antelope canyon), sedona,
- 12 Local Bus from Lake Powell resort to Page, AZ
- 13 Calling card for land line phones in National Parks in the western states
- 14 West Coast US trip from Sep to Oct 15 for 30days
- 15 Overnight at the airport or into Manhattan at midnight?
- 16 East coast itinerary for 10 days from Toronto
- 17 Sheraton Maui or Maui Marriott Ocean Club
- 18 Vegas,Sedona,GC,Page,Bryce,Zion
- 19 Chicago, Illinois: Where to stay? Do you need a car?
- 20 NYC with my 13 year old
- 21 Las Vegas must sees
- 22 Girls' Getaway
- 23 TOWING SCAM IN WASHINGTON, DC
- 24 Best ( not cheapest) way from EWR to Upper West Side
- 25 Planning to see chicago with a big family