This is a quick report on a 4 night trip to Asheville. The first afternoon, we visited the visitor center on the Blue Ridge Parkway and then, the North Carolina Arboretum, taking a hike there. We stayed at Bent Creek B&B, which was the perfect mix of convenient and out of the way, with delicious food and helpful owners--not to mention comfortable lodging. We ate at Tupelo Honey Cafe, which has 2 locations, and healthful, good food. Day 2, we went hiking in Dupont Forest, where there are accessible trails to great waterfalls. Then, to Brevard, for lunch -- delicious, although a little pricey. Walked around town and got great coffee at Brown Bean Coffee Makers and dessert at Rocky's Coffee Shop-a treat to visit. Day 3, we went to see the Biltmore. Day 4, we had a tour with History@Hand-informative and the perfect amount of time. Spent the rest of the day walking around downtown, and in the artist gallery's in the River Arts District and the evening at the Moscow Ballet, which happened to be in town. The Chocolate Fetish was a treat and the White Duck Taco Shop a real find! Day 5, we went to the WNC Farmer's Market (nothing special), the Folk Art Center (on the BR Parkway) which was wonderful and started heading home. There was more to do than we could fit in. Definitely an area to which we will return.
Asheville, NC trip
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 2 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 3 Chigo O'Hare layover
- 4 Here's how I spent my 3 hour layover in Washington, DC
- 5 First family ski trip
- 6 What to do in Pawley's Island in Early March?
- 7 Huntington Beach - hostels?
- 8 5 nights in/around Yellowstone w/ kids
- 9 Restaurants in Charleston, SC
- 10 NYC theatre broadway
- 11 Alaska
- 12 San Diego grocery stores
- 13 San Diego parks and attractions
- 14 Chain of Craters Road safe with Infants
- 15 Grand Circle Trip report, Arizona and Utah
- 16 Most affordable Wineries in Northern California near Napa?
- 17 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 18 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 19 Looking for Destination Ideas
- 20 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 21 Other places like Chautauqua Institution
- 22 Anchorage Sheraton Hotel and Spa
- 23 Visiting Denver
- 24 Visiting Denver
- 25 Planning family gathering in Sedona