Planning a week long trip to Grand Canyon and surrounding area in September. We are flying in and out of Phoenix due to great rates from our local small airport. We have never been west (except for Vegas) I would like to spend at least one night in the Grand Canyon at one of the lodges. Planning on some moderate hikes and maybe kayaking. I was looking at the Hualapai River runner one day rafting trip until I added up all the charges to total $381.36 pp. Yikes! Any other suggestions for kayaking the canyons? Been reading the forums and feel like we need to see Sedona, Lake Mead. Any help is appreciated.
Arizona Grand Canyon itinerary help
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Downtown Denver restaurant recommendation, please~
- 2 Chicago Architectural River Tours - which one for us?
- 3 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 4 New York City Restaurants
- 5 Spring Has Officially Sprung in Central Park
- 6 3 Days in Denver area- want to hike and bike, stay in Boulder or Denver?
- 7 Seattle to Los Angeles and back . . . ideas for family stopping places?
- 8 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 9 2 Days in Portland - Best of?
- 10 New York City Taking First Steps Against Air BnB Members
- 11 Santa Fe advice needed (40th anniversary)
- 12 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 13 Family Camp in Maine
- 14 Phoenix restaurants
- 15 Advice on a Hamptons Day Trip
- 16 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 17 Travel West Coast
- 18 Timeshare Nightmares
- 19 Which NYC subway should I take?
- 20 Helicopter tours from Vegas to Grand Canyon
- 21 Where to stay with kids in Nashville
- 22 East Coast road trip from Boston to Washington DC
- 23 Brooklyn why?
- 24 Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton itinerary - advice requested please!
- 25 Cab Cost from McCarren to Venetian Hotel?