We are considering a trip to see Arches and/or Canyonlands in mid July and wondering just how hot it may be for hiking. There is conflicting info online regarding elevation and cool temps vs scorching.
We would have 4 days, and fly into Salt Lake.
Not even sure if too late to find accommodations since it is nearly June but would love your feedback. Also open to other suggestions. We have been to Bryce and Zion and they are spectacular.
Arches and Canyonlands
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Portsmouth NH to NYC
- 2 Road trip March from Atlanta
- 3 Help needed from USA experts... where to?
- 4 Dinner in Miami
- 5 After Chigago ? side trips- suggestions
- 6 Met Opera rush tickets - process changed again!
- 7 Need help planning weekend trips: Georgia, Chicago, Tennessee, Alaska?!
- 8 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 9 Any edits? San Antonio & Austin Itinerary Dec 31st-Jan 5th or 6th
- 10 Family Reunion Ideas for Maine Coast
- 11 62 Hikers airlifted out of Kalalau Trail
- 12 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 13 Utah-Arizona National Parks intinary help needed
- 14 fly fishing spring break - warm weather
- 15 Tipping advice
- 16 Lake Rabun Hotel
- 17 NYT article on exploring Los Angeles without a car
- 18 3 weeks in USA in February -- final post before booking hotels
- 19 advice on possible employment in GA or NC rural areas
- 20 Zion, Bryce, Page, GC South Rim, and Arches
- 21 Christmas weather?
- 22 Big island itinerary
- 23 New York City and New England
- 24 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 25 Flying from LA to Massachusetts