We are timid drivers, in that we are intimidated by high mountain roads with sheer dropoffs, hairpin turns, no guardrails; you get the picture. What would be the easier approach from Route 70 to Capitol Reef Visitor Center? Would it be Route 72 South and then 24 East; or would it be 24 South through Hanksville and then West? Yes, we will be coming from Moab. However, I keep hearing about a road called "Devil's Backbone", and it sounds like it's not our kind of road. How can we avoid treacherous, white knuckle driving and still get a good look at Capitol Reef National Park? Or can we? Also, is the Scenic Drive in Capitol Reef a "white knuckle" road? Thanks for all advice.
Approaching Capitol Reef
- 1 East coast tour - Part1: NYC
- 2 Middlebury vt quickie
- 3 Boston and surrounding area
- 4 Washington DC - Philadelphia - New York extravaganza
- 5 Denver 1 day in denver
- 6 1st time to Kauai! Will not be the last!
- 7 Yellowstone Hiking Suggestions for a 7 1/2 Year Old
- 8 Smoky Mountains -Cades Cove saw wolf.
- 9 Crater Lake-North entrance open
- 10 Pick up north of Boston Logan
- 11 Santa Fe at the end of May?
- 12 Honeymoon to Kauai and Maui from the East Coast
- 13 Air Bnb Declared Illegal in NYC
- 14 New Orleans - Alligator Cheesecake???
- 15 Savannah restaurants
- 16 New York City Itinerary and Restaurant Help
- 17 1st time in Boston --need advice
- 18 Transportation from Jackson to Jackson Hole airport
- 19 Albuquerque to Denver
- 20 Santa Fe Home Exchange - Three Wks, from start to finish
- 21 Oregon Cave NM or extra day in Redwoods area?
- 22 Help with July 4th Marriott Houston trip
- 23 American Airlines reservation question
- 24 Hawaii- Can't decide which islands to include
- 25 Car trip from Seattle