We are timid drivers, in that we are intimidated by high mountain roads with sheer dropoffs, hairpin turns, no guardrails; you get the picture. What would be the easier approach from Route 70 to Capitol Reef Visitor Center? Would it be Route 72 South and then 24 East; or would it be 24 South through Hanksville and then West? Yes, we will be coming from Moab. However, I keep hearing about a road called "Devil's Backbone", and it sounds like it's not our kind of road. How can we avoid treacherous, white knuckle driving and still get a good look at Capitol Reef National Park? Or can we? Also, is the Scenic Drive in Capitol Reef a "white knuckle" road? Thanks for all advice.
Approaching Capitol Reef
- 1 San Franciso to Vancouver
- 2 ETHNIC RESTAURANTS IN DC W/ ETHNIC ENTERTAINMENT
- 3 time for a new countdown to Hawaii
- 4 Maine - July 5th to July 14
- 5 Pick up north of Boston Logan
- 6 Minneapolis Hotel
- 7 Place for lunch in Philly?
- 8 Trail Ridge Road in Rocky Mountain National Park opens today
- 9 Traveling the upper west coast into vancouver
- 10 South Tahoe around July 4 - GTG?
- 11 Driving from Seattle to San Fran
- 12 Which boat tour to take in New York with kids in June?
- 13 Washington Wineries
- 14 Luxor Egypt
- 15 MERIDIAN HILL PARK DRUM CIRCLE
- 16 Charleston, Savannah and more cheesy grits please
- 17 Road trip Sacramento to Denver, help requested
- 18 Seward to Anchorage
- 19 California, Northern
- 20 Buy now or wait . . . airfare to Santa Barbara in late July?
- 21 East coast tour - Part2: Phily, Washington, Niagara Falls
- 22 New York City Parking
- 23 JFK to Upper West Side by subway
- 24 Kodachrome Basin State Park in Utah
- 25 San Francisco,Monterey, Yosemite etc.!