My name is Elena, i'm 21 from Derbyshire, England, currently living in Canada.
My next ambition is to hike the Appalachian trail in the states, 2012 season. I love the outdoors, hiking is my passion and i am excited to take on the challenge that is all over 2,000 miles of the trail.
I feel this is a trip i cannot undertake alone though, for safety reasons etc and so i am looking for people,from whatever walk of life, to join me on this adventure, have fun and revel in the challenge and experience.
Have you ever been inspired to take upon the challenge of the Appalachian Trail or something similar? Are you physically fit and able? Are you available from March/April 2012? Are you eligible for a tourist visa for the USA? Are you prepared to go without home comforts?
I definitely recommend reading 'A Walk In The Woods' By Bill Bryson too, if you are interested.
Feel free to ask any questions, I look forward to your replies!
Appalachian Trail, March/April 2012
- 1 Suggestions for NYC trip next week
- 2 Charleston, Savannah and more cheesy grits please
- 3 Hill-Crest "Museum"
- 4 Using public transit in San Diego
- 5 Hudson Valley to Stockbridge, MA/Berkshires
- 6 Memphis Tours
- 7 Please critique our plan...
- 8 time for a new countdown to Hawaii
- 9 Maine - July 5th to July 14
- 10 East coast tour - Part1: NYC
- 11 Advice for 2 night intro trip to Moab in early June (1-3)
- 12 Gearhart Oregon
- 13 Seattle to coast to columbia River Gorge
- 14 J-ville airport ground transportation
- 15 Seattle restaurant near Pikes Market
- 16 California, Northern
- 17 Seattle Hotel Choice and Other Questions
- 18 Best place to raise a family in Florida
- 19 Exciting historical sites in upstate NY
- 20 Need help with itinerary to Seattle, Oregon, California
- 21 JFK to Upper West Side by subway
- 22 Buy now or wait . . . airfare to Santa Barbara in late July?
- 23 Bryce Canyon vs. Yellowsyone
- 24 Seatlle, WA
- 25 10 days after cruise - Fort Lauderdale Fly out from LA?????