I live in Southern California and I am planning to purchase a living room sofa set from a furniture store in GUANGDONG, CHINA. The sofa set includes: sofa, loveseat, arm chair, coffee table, 2 end tables. They told me the ocean shipping cost is $1900 from Guangdong, China to Los Angeles port in California.
I would like to know how much I have to pay for taxes/customs, as one of my friend told me that it might be duty FREE for furniture. I have to consider to add all these costs before I make the decision. Please help me.
ANYONE BOUGHT FURNITURE IN CHINA AND SHIPPED IT HOME?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 2 Yellowstone Lodging in October
- 3 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 4 Kennedy Space Center
- 5 WEst Coast WINTER holiday - 5 weeks driving.
- 6 5 week in US/Mexico
- 7 recommended cheaper hotels around thanksgiving
- 8 Metro from airport to hotel?
- 9 Should we stop for a Saturday night in Baltimore?
- 10 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 11 RIP Rizzoli, J&R Music, Pearl Paint
- 12 Book ahead for weekends this spring in Asheville, NC
- 13 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 14 Colorado Trip in Late May 2014
- 15 Albuquerque Recommendations
- 16 AK-Glacier Bay, Wrangel Elias, Lake Clark, Matanuska glacier, Valdez?
- 17 My Boston weekend...killing time near MGH
- 18 San Diego Itinerary-- Suggestions???
- 19 Jersey City Parking
- 20 What to see/do in Baltimore without a car?
- 21 Audio Driving Tour Big Island and Oahu
- 22 Asheville NC without a car
- 23 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 24 Myrtle Beach
- 25 9 Day Trip to Yosemite, Oregon and Washington State