I'm planning a trip to the south-east of the USA but it's very difficult to decide where to go to and make up a plan. I'm flying to Atlanta, and want to travel from there for 2 weeks. The difficulty is that I have to do everything with public transport (greyhound bus). Anyone experience with a greyhound trip? Would it be dangerous for a 28 year old girl on her own for example?
Then I have to decide to which places I'll travel. As it's close by, I want to go to the great smoky mountains, because I love the nature, adventure, hiking, ... What would be the best operating place for me to visit the smoky mountains? I already read that Gatlinburg is way too touristic and I'm not fond of that, maybe Ashville, but how can I reach my starting point of hiking without car? Other places that look interesting are Knoxville, Nashville, Memphis, New Orleans, Charleston, Savannah, some islands there on the coast, I can maybe go to Florida too, I guess there are some nice diving or snorkling places. But I also don't want to spend the whole journey on a bus of course... Any tips or ideas?
Thanks very much,
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Napili in Maui with toddlers?
- 2 Which island for R&R?
- 3 Montana dude ranch recommendation
- 4 Where to stay to visit Glacier National Park
- 5 NYC Airport transport (well, Newark)
- 6 Travelling from NYC to Washington Depot
- 7 blue ridge parkway?
- 8 Scenic road trip northeast Pennsylvania to Charlotte
- 9 1.5 Days in Boston with 3 little ones
- 10 Cross country road trip to the east coast- here we go...
- 11 Towing a camper trailer during January
- 12 San Antonio shopping
- 13 First Trip to New Mexico
- 14 Warning: Recent increase in violent crime in New Orleans' French Quarter
- 15 Need advise sightseeing Seattle - Pendleton - Twin Falls - Yellowstone
- 16 Pls help keep dolphins happy & healthy
- 17 San Diego, mission valley
- 18 California trip .. some guidance needed
- 19 Road Trip/Excursions for a weekend outside of Denver
- 20 My Avis/kona rental experience
- 21 Are you sick from Alaskan tour?
- 22 Seattle?
- 23 Chinese restaurants in D.C.?
- 24 International transferring planes at CDG
- 25 EWR to Staten Island 9:50PM