I'm planning a trip to the south-east of the USA but it's very difficult to decide where to go to and make up a plan. I'm flying to Atlanta, and want to travel from there for 2 weeks. The difficulty is that I have to do everything with public transport (greyhound bus). Anyone experience with a greyhound trip? Would it be dangerous for a 28 year old girl on her own for example?
Then I have to decide to which places I'll travel. As it's close by, I want to go to the great smoky mountains, because I love the nature, adventure, hiking, ... What would be the best operating place for me to visit the smoky mountains? I already read that Gatlinburg is way too touristic and I'm not fond of that, maybe Ashville, but how can I reach my starting point of hiking without car? Other places that look interesting are Knoxville, Nashville, Memphis, New Orleans, Charleston, Savannah, some islands there on the coast, I can maybe go to Florida too, I guess there are some nice diving or snorkling places. But I also don't want to spend the whole journey on a bus of course... Any tips or ideas?
Thanks very much,
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Hawaii in August w 6 year old boy
- 2 Itinerary to America - Guidance Needed
- 3 What should a foreigner know about the US?
- 4 How can the weather report be so wrong?
- 5 Not sure how long and how to explore the florida keys
- 6 Hotels in Beaufort, SC and Charleston, SC
- 7 Dry Tortugas, Ferry or SeaPlane
- 8 Seattle to San Francisco
- 9 Welltravbrit's Ongoing NYC Jaunt
- 10 San Francisco and Napa
- 11 Miami to West Palm Beach tomorrow!
- 12 Relocating to the Deep South
- 13 Modern, clean Miami Airport hotel ???
- 14 Bagging a bargain on Black Friday?
- 15 Utah: Southern Parks Itinerary Help
- 16 Warren & Annbelle's Maui
- 17 Philadelphia PA: Safe Place/Watched Lot to Leave Car Near NYC Bus Depot
- 18 Budget hotel San Francisco
- 19 Budget NYC hotel
- 20 2.5 days in New York. Are hotels the only option?
- 21 Timeshare on Cape Cod
- 22 OUR MANHATTAN ADVENTURE 2015
- 23 Restaurant recomendations in the east 54th Street area, please.
- 24 Best place for first night; Beach?
- 25 Will be in Palm Springs CA November 14-29, 2015