I'm planning a trip to the south-east of the USA but it's very difficult to decide where to go to and make up a plan. I'm flying to Atlanta, and want to travel from there for 2 weeks. The difficulty is that I have to do everything with public transport (greyhound bus). Anyone experience with a greyhound trip? Would it be dangerous for a 28 year old girl on her own for example?
Then I have to decide to which places I'll travel. As it's close by, I want to go to the great smoky mountains, because I love the nature, adventure, hiking, ... What would be the best operating place for me to visit the smoky mountains? I already read that Gatlinburg is way too touristic and I'm not fond of that, maybe Ashville, but how can I reach my starting point of hiking without car? Other places that look interesting are Knoxville, Nashville, Memphis, New Orleans, Charleston, Savannah, some islands there on the coast, I can maybe go to Florida too, I guess there are some nice diving or snorkling places. But I also don't want to spend the whole journey on a bus of course... Any tips or ideas?
Thanks very much,
any tips for a 14 day - journey in the deep south by bus?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Escape cold in mid-Feb (4) nights from Michigan
- 2 need two stop-overs from LA to Santa Fe, NM
- 3 Carmel (and Monterey) weekend with a 4 year old
- 4 California & French Polynesia
- 5 where in 'Charleston' would you winter?
- 6 American Honeymoon in March
- 7 A Week in Naples Florida--Much Ado About Food (and Wine)
- 8 Boston Uber shenanigans? Fake airport fees
- 9 Chicago- The Godfrey hotel or the Hotel Burnham????
- 10 How to dress in Vegas
- 11 Dining in Manhattan
- 12 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 13 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 14 Road trip next summes...Suggestions ?
- 15 St Patrick's renovations
- 16 New Casual Italian/Pizza Restaurant, via Danny Meyer: MARTA
- 17 4 week family trip ideas
- 18 Did Interstates ruin travel in America?
- 19 ideas for roadtrip through Utah, Idaho, Wyoming and Colorado
- 20 Is It Possible - One Post for MT, UT, WY in a Week?
- 21 From Seattle airport to the city
- 22 General Utah planning questions
- 23 A trip to the SW: Not rushed, do it all, perfect time of year.
- 24 Protecting yourself when using VRBO
- 25 Washington and Oregon Fall vacation 2015