I'm planning a trip to the south-east of the USA but it's very difficult to decide where to go to and make up a plan. I'm flying to Atlanta, and want to travel from there for 2 weeks. The difficulty is that I have to do everything with public transport (greyhound bus). Anyone experience with a greyhound trip? Would it be dangerous for a 28 year old girl on her own for example?
Then I have to decide to which places I'll travel. As it's close by, I want to go to the great smoky mountains, because I love the nature, adventure, hiking, ... What would be the best operating place for me to visit the smoky mountains? I already read that Gatlinburg is way too touristic and I'm not fond of that, maybe Ashville, but how can I reach my starting point of hiking without car? Other places that look interesting are Knoxville, Nashville, Memphis, New Orleans, Charleston, Savannah, some islands there on the coast, I can maybe go to Florida too, I guess there are some nice diving or snorkling places. But I also don't want to spend the whole journey on a bus of course... Any tips or ideas?
Thanks very much,
any tips for a 14 day - journey in the deep south by bus?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Yosemite Lodging
- 2 First trip to Portland, OR - looking for recommendations
- 3 Fairbanks Alaska
- 4 Worst Restaurants in America
- 5 Trip Report - Yellowstone & Grand Tetons National Parks - July 18-25, 2014
- 6 What's new on Maui?
- 7 Safe for female travelling alone to Alaska in early November?
- 8 Washington DC and Philadelphia
- 9 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 10 Help with seeing Rocky Mountain National Park
- 11 Jensen Beach - Vistana Beach Club
- 12 Broadway choices
- 13 MA to FL on Thanksgiving Day
- 14 Question About Sealodge
- 15 Edison Hotel or Holiday Inn Express manhattan midtown w
- 16 Colorado aspen updates
- 17 New England Skiing
- 18 4 week family trip ideas
- 19 Albuquerque to Vegas drive and sights
- 20 Best Sonoma wineries you've never heard of
- 21 Restaurant recommendations for Ft. Lauderdale
- 22 Florida KeysL Big Pine Key or Tavernier
- 23 Fairbanks, denali, kenai peninsula
- 24 Fall week in Massachusetts
- 25 Seward, Coopers Landing, Homer