I'm planning a trip to the south-east of the USA but it's very difficult to decide where to go to and make up a plan. I'm flying to Atlanta, and want to travel from there for 2 weeks. The difficulty is that I have to do everything with public transport (greyhound bus). Anyone experience with a greyhound trip? Would it be dangerous for a 28 year old girl on her own for example?
Then I have to decide to which places I'll travel. As it's close by, I want to go to the great smoky mountains, because I love the nature, adventure, hiking, ... What would be the best operating place for me to visit the smoky mountains? I already read that Gatlinburg is way too touristic and I'm not fond of that, maybe Ashville, but how can I reach my starting point of hiking without car? Other places that look interesting are Knoxville, Nashville, Memphis, New Orleans, Charleston, Savannah, some islands there on the coast, I can maybe go to Florida too, I guess there are some nice diving or snorkling places. But I also don't want to spend the whole journey on a bus of course... Any tips or ideas?
Thanks very much,
any tips for a 14 day - journey in the deep south by bus?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 August 2015 Western Roadtrip Route? 30 days...Two 22-year-old Girls
- 2 Please help identify location in Southern California
- 3 Dinner stop between Boston and Bradley Airport in CT (Windsor)
- 4 NYT article on exploring Los Angeles without a car
- 5 x mas
- 6 Denver Airport to Downtown Sheraton--Transportation Options?
- 7 Need help planning weekend trips: Georgia, Chicago, Tennessee, Alaska?!
- 8 Zion, Bryce, Page, GC South Rim, and Arches
- 9 After Chigago ? side trips- suggestions
- 10 Last Minute NYE Trip to DC - Fancy Tea? Other special ideas...Wanted
- 11 Rules of the Sidewalk
- 12 3 weeks in USA in February -- refined itinerary
- 13 US 101 closed N of Florence
- 14 FLORIDA CONDO--seeking general advice
- 15 Nashville - Weekend Trip
- 16 Deep South roadtrip, 3 weeks, 2 more Brits needing your help!
- 17 Help with seeing Rocky Mountain National Park
- 18 Best Destination in USA
- 19 Grand Tetons, Yellowstone and Banff in May or early Sept.?
- 20 Choosing best Seats Radio City
- 21 New Orleans help please
- 22 Better cooking store in Seattle
- 23 Fort Myers Beach vs Naples Beach
- 24 Where to add a few days in Colorado?
- 25 los angeles restaurants