I'm planning a trip to the south-east of the USA but it's very difficult to decide where to go to and make up a plan. I'm flying to Atlanta, and want to travel from there for 2 weeks. The difficulty is that I have to do everything with public transport (greyhound bus). Anyone experience with a greyhound trip? Would it be dangerous for a 28 year old girl on her own for example?
Then I have to decide to which places I'll travel. As it's close by, I want to go to the great smoky mountains, because I love the nature, adventure, hiking, ... What would be the best operating place for me to visit the smoky mountains? I already read that Gatlinburg is way too touristic and I'm not fond of that, maybe Ashville, but how can I reach my starting point of hiking without car? Other places that look interesting are Knoxville, Nashville, Memphis, New Orleans, Charleston, Savannah, some islands there on the coast, I can maybe go to Florida too, I guess there are some nice diving or snorkling places. But I also don't want to spend the whole journey on a bus of course... Any tips or ideas?
Thanks very much,
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Photos of otters and other wildlife at Moss Landing
- 2 Carmel to Big Sur Station and back report with photos 6/10/2017
- 3 The Lincoln Highway, abridged: Nikki's road trip
- 4 Disneyland, Yosemite and San Fransisco
- 5 Ridiculous Pacific Northwest Road Trip
- 6 Airbnb seattle
- 7 Idaho, Wyoming, Montana and South Dakota Trip Report
- 8 Dollar to Euro Exchange
- 9 Self parking hotel in Philly
- 10 Texas info
- 11 Zion, Bryce, South/North Rim, Page
- 12 Leisurely Car Trip from Atlanta to Sacramento?
- 13 Driving through Chicago area to Wisconsin
- 14 Planning a 12-13 Day Cali Trip SF to SD
- 15 Luau Worth the Money or Not?
- 16 Looking to move from North Carolina to Colorado
- 17 Going from Friday Harbor, San Juan Island to Lake Crescent
- 18 inspire me after landing in Miami
- 19 Dallas airport to bush library
- 20 Ideas needed for fall road trip Boston - Montreal
- 21 los angeles to redwood national park overnight stop
- 22 Yellowstone National Park in 5 days - NEED HELP
- 23 Restaurant Recommendations for Queens/Brooklyn/Williamsburgl
- 24 Which National Park summer 2018 with kids
- 25 First Time to Seattle-Portland-Willamette Valley