This July I'll be getting into O'Hare around 6pm on a Friday, and am just looking for an easy place to stay overnight before arriving in Iowa City the next day. I'd rather not stay at an airport hotel, and am thinking of driving an hour or so before calling it a night. Is there anyplace on the way to Iowa City, or not too far out of the way to stop? BTW I'm not flying into Iowa City because last year at that time there were huge delays due to tornadoes, and I don't mind the drive. TIA for your suggestions.
Any place to Stay on the Way From ORD to Iowa City?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Alexandria or Georgetown
- 2 Searching For The Rhythm Of Florida
- 3 3 Days in Denver area- want to hike and bike, stay in Boulder or Denver?
- 4 Atlanta with kids
- 5 Any nice Family Camps near Lake Winnepesauki?
- 6 Boston/Fenway park
- 7 VRBO/Airbnb rental status in San Francisco
- 8 Downtown Denver restaurant recommendation, please~
- 9 Hardly Strictly Bluegrass
- 10 New York City Taking First Steps Against Air BnB Members
- 11 Which NYC subway should I take?
- 12 Where to stay with kids in Nashville
- 13 New York City Restaurants
- 14 Cabaret seating at Studio 54 - huh?
- 15 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 16 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 17 East Coast road trip from Boston to Washington DC
- 18 Spring Has Officially Sprung in Central Park
- 19 Family Camp in Maine
- 20 San Diego
- 21 Suggestions for road trip with children from Birmingham, AL to Grand Canyon
- 22 2 Days in Portland - Best of?
- 23 Timeshare Nightmares
- 24 Santa Fe advice needed (40th anniversary)
- 25 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles