I have to build a web app for a class and am looking for ideas; I was wondering whether anyone would be interested in a website that recommends cool day trips or weekend getaways in the Chicago area? We're thinking something that let's you check some boxes on what you're interested in doing (e.g. eating, hiking) and maybe some sliders that let you adjust what you want from the trip (e.g. adventure, culture) as well as price and distance, and then gives you a recommendation. We're also hoping to give personalized recommendations based on places you've been to and liked before. Does this sound like something you guys'd be interested in? Any feedback at all would be awesome!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 A week in Ohau - what to do?
- 2 What to do in Asheville
- 3 Where to stay in or near San Simeon for one night?
- 4 Good restaurant in Topeka, KS
- 5 Hawaii with 2 young teens
- 6 Road trip from San Francisco to San Diego
- 7 Denver to Yellowstone
- 8 Grand Canyon, Lake Powell, Zion..
- 9 Zion and Bryce... which to do first
- 10 Bedford Stuyvesant
- 11 Boulder, CO vs Denver, CO
- 12 Need Help w/ Itinerary-Redwood NP, Mendocino, Sea Ranch Lodge
- 13 Crazy to travel to Salem Massachusetts by myself?
- 14 Traveling across USA via Greyhound
- 15 How long to spend at Lassen Volcanic NP?
- 16 Help to plan winter vacation in Yellowstone
- 17 Pacific Drive RoadTrip during Thanks giving
- 18 Lodging recs for Mackinac Island
- 19 New York with my 16 year old granddaughter
- 20 My Unexpected Stay at Embassy Suites at Philadelphia Airport
- 21 Coors Field Security for Zac Brown
- 22 Road Trip Along Lake Michigan
- 23 Itinerary help for Boston and Islands
- 24 Relocation help - move to cool climate
- 25 Would Torrey be a good base for Moab/Canyonlands
Any interest in a day trip recommendation app for Chicago?