I have to build a web app for a class and am looking for ideas; I was wondering whether anyone would be interested in a website that recommends cool day trips or weekend getaways in the Chicago area? We're thinking something that let's you check some boxes on what you're interested in doing (e.g. eating, hiking) and maybe some sliders that let you adjust what you want from the trip (e.g. adventure, culture) as well as price and distance, and then gives you a recommendation. We're also hoping to give personalized recommendations based on places you've been to and liked before. Does this sound like something you guys'd be interested in? Any feedback at all would be awesome!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Nashville restaurants
- 2 Uber Ride from LV to South Rim, Grand Canyon?
- 3 MO road trip itinerary
- 4 Late winter road trip Deep South
- 5 4 days in wine country. Where should we stay?
- 6 Western US Road Trip- PeakBagging
- 7 Bryce Canyon Astronomy Festival
- 8 Empire Sate: best time; best vendor etcx
- 9 DC area hotel for end of June...
- 10 Birthday vacation ideas
- 11 San Francisco to Costa Mesa
- 12 Highlights of our return to Kauai
- 13 NYC - 10-day visit!!!
- 14 Travel from Boise, Idaho to Grand Canyon
- 15 Who offers multi-island guided birding trips in Hawaii?
- 16 philly to fredericksburg sat of memorial day wknd - bad idea?
- 17 Is Silverwood Amusement park worth a visit?
- 18 Early 30's Couple Spending Two Weeks in Coastal Maine and Canada
- 19 Where to visit driving through coast of Maine
- 20 Scenic / Walking Day Trip from Las Vegas
- 21 Thanksgiving Road trip California
- 22 Day Trip from Chicago Suburbs with Kids
- 23 Around New Orleans
- 24 2 1/2 days in Mesa Verde, Santa Fe, Taos
- 25 Visiting New York State
Any interest in a day trip recommendation app for Chicago?