Hi! Over the past few trips I have gotten so much helpful information from the Fodor Forums! Maybe you can help me again! My friend and I are both visiting Hawaii for the first time this fall, either October or November. We are 24, female, and up for some adventure! We are interested in probably staying on the main island for 5 days or so and most likely Maui for the other 5 days, but are open to suggestions. I have not found somewhere to stay yet in Maui but will most likely be staying in a hostel on the main island! We would GREATLY appreciate and helpful information on places to go or things to see etc. I already am planning on doing the North Shore Shark adventure. We do not drink, so the night scene is not necessarily of huge interest to us, although we do like to dance! We thought to rent a car on the main island and perhaps a moped on maui. Any information about places to say for cheap, things to do(non touristy) or touristy if they are really that amazing.
Any help for someone visiting Hawaii for the first time!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 united and carry-ons
- 2 Old City -- Philadelphia -- Cocktails?
- 3 Any feedback on our roadtrip schedule would be much appreciated!
- 4 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 5 Lodging in Mendocino County (Anderson Valley, Booneville, ??)
- 6 Near Plum Island, MA ...what to see and do?
- 7 Yellowstone & Grand Tetons Wildlife
- 8 Black Canyon of the Gunnison East Portal Road
- 9 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 10 Spending February on the Florida Panhandle
- 11 Light hiking around Santa Barbara
- 12 Best seafood restaurant in Boston
- 13 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii
- 14 Most affordable Wineries in Northern California near Napa?
- 15 Car rental through Priceline bidding
- 16 Restaurants in Charleston, SC
- 17 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 18 And now...The 100 Best Things to Eat in Philadelphia
- 19 Road Trip Sept/Oct (4 weeks) Key West-Carolina's-Nashville-Memphis-Dallas-Denver
- 20 Philadelphia
- 21 Arizona road trip any changes?
- 22 USA with a 3 year old
- 23 First family ski trip
- 24 NYC theatre broadway
- 25 Need Ideas for Quiet Vacation in Upstate New York