We finally narrowed down Hawaii for our summer vacation. We are a family of 4, 2 adults and kids of ages 12 and 8.5.
We are planning to spend 2 weeks in Aug in Hawaii, although if there is room I would like to shorten the trip by couple of days based on your recommendation.
This is our first trip to Hawaii, and we would like to visit Maui and Big Island.
Here is a very rough itinerary:
Day 1: Fly into Maui (hoping we can get direct flights from NYC or NJ)
Day 2 - Day 9: In Maui
Day 10: Fly to Hilo
Day 11: Stay in Volcano National Park
Day 12: Drive to Kohala coast
Day 13- 17: Stay on this side of Big Island
Day 14: Fly home
Any feedback ? I have not done any deep research, want to just figure out how many days we need in each place.
Would love to hear some suggestions,
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Where to stay to visit Glacier National Park
- 2 Cross country road trip to the east coast- here we go...
- 3 Which island for R&R?
- 4 Towing a camper trailer during January
- 5 San Antonio shopping
- 6 Napili in Maui with toddlers?
- 7 1.5 Days in Boston with 3 little ones
- 8 NYC Airport transport (well, Newark)
- 9 First Trip to New Mexico
- 10 blue ridge parkway?
- 11 Warning: Recent increase in violent crime in New Orleans' French Quarter
- 12 Need advise sightseeing Seattle - Pendleton - Twin Falls - Yellowstone
- 13 Montana dude ranch recommendation
- 14 Pls help keep dolphins happy & healthy
- 15 San Diego, mission valley
- 16 California trip .. some guidance needed
- 17 Road Trip/Excursions for a weekend outside of Denver
- 18 My Avis/kona rental experience
- 19 Are you sick from Alaskan tour?
- 20 Seattle?
- 21 Chinese restaurants in D.C.?
- 22 International transferring planes at CDG
- 23 EWR to Staten Island 9:50PM
- 24 JFK TO MANHATTEN
- 25 Day Tripping in Florida Keys