We finally narrowed down Hawaii for our summer vacation. We are a family of 4, 2 adults and kids of ages 12 and 8.5.
We are planning to spend 2 weeks in Aug in Hawaii, although if there is room I would like to shorten the trip by couple of days based on your recommendation.
This is our first trip to Hawaii, and we would like to visit Maui and Big Island.
Here is a very rough itinerary:
Day 1: Fly into Maui (hoping we can get direct flights from NYC or NJ)
Day 2 - Day 9: In Maui
Day 10: Fly to Hilo
Day 11: Stay in Volcano National Park
Day 12: Drive to Kohala coast
Day 13- 17: Stay on this side of Big Island
Day 14: Fly home
Any feedback ? I have not done any deep research, want to just figure out how many days we need in each place.
Would love to hear some suggestions,
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 September trip Portland/Seattle
- 2 Road trip: Boston to Salt Lake City
- 3 San Francisco through Colorado Rockies
- 4 Help Planning Zion/Bryce Itinerary
- 5 Boston waterfront Italian
- 6 Recommendation: Beachfront in VA or MD walking distance to quaint downtown
- 7 Thinking of moving FROM Pittsburgh TO Seattle
- 8 Los Angeles Indefinitely
- 9 Attending a wedding on Nantucket !
- 10 Last minute Maine/New Hampshire trip
- 11 where to stop on the way from Montreal to Acadia
- 12 Kids Vacation Place
- 13 Another Key West Trip Report, July 3 - 9, 2016
- 14 Napa valley getaway
- 15 Lake Tahoe hotel with a lake view
- 16 Best restaurants?! - first time to NYC!
- 17 Day in Spokane
- 18 Marriott or Sheraton in Orlando?
- 19 CA Fire - need revised itinerary help
- 20 AUGUST---7 day San Fran to San Diego
- 21 Aug. cruise wardrobe
- 22 Desert Southwest
- 23 Transit Advisory - PATH system - Weekends from August 6 to December 19, 2016
- 24 Road trip from Gulf Coast to Key West
- 25 Need help with National Parks trip in 2017