We finally narrowed down Hawaii for our summer vacation. We are a family of 4, 2 adults and kids of ages 12 and 8.5.
We are planning to spend 2 weeks in Aug in Hawaii, although if there is room I would like to shorten the trip by couple of days based on your recommendation.
This is our first trip to Hawaii, and we would like to visit Maui and Big Island.
Here is a very rough itinerary:
Day 1: Fly into Maui (hoping we can get direct flights from NYC or NJ)
Day 2 - Day 9: In Maui
Day 10: Fly to Hilo
Day 11: Stay in Volcano National Park
Day 12: Drive to Kohala coast
Day 13- 17: Stay on this side of Big Island
Day 14: Fly home
Any feedback ? I have not done any deep research, want to just figure out how many days we need in each place.
Would love to hear some suggestions,
Another itinerary question !!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Spending February on the Florida Panhandle
- 2 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 3 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 4 And now...The 100 Best Things to Eat in Philadelphia
- 5 Road Trip Sept/Oct (4 weeks) Key West-Carolina's-Nashville-Memphis-Dallas-Denver
- 6 Philadelphia
- 7 Arizona road trip any changes?
- 8 Most affordable Wineries in Northern California near Napa?
- 9 Lodging in Mendocino County (Anderson Valley, Booneville, ??)
- 10 USA with a 3 year old
- 11 First family ski trip
- 12 Old City -- Philadelphia -- Cocktails?
- 13 Yellowstone & Grand Tetons Wildlife
- 14 NYC theatre broadway
- 15 Need Ideas for Quiet Vacation in Upstate New York
- 16 Universal studios/Orlando
- 17 Florida, Gulf Coast recommendations
- 18 Help for an upcoming NYC trip.
- 19 Great Smokies - Seasonal Closings
- 20 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii
- 21 What to do in Pawley's Island in Early March?
- 22 Über, peer sharing sites, and insurance
- 23 Salt Lake City, Utah
- 24 Death Valley in June in a motorhome
- 25 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!