We finally narrowed down Hawaii for our summer vacation. We are a family of 4, 2 adults and kids of ages 12 and 8.5.
We are planning to spend 2 weeks in Aug in Hawaii, although if there is room I would like to shorten the trip by couple of days based on your recommendation.
This is our first trip to Hawaii, and we would like to visit Maui and Big Island.
Here is a very rough itinerary:
Day 1: Fly into Maui (hoping we can get direct flights from NYC or NJ)
Day 2 - Day 9: In Maui
Day 10: Fly to Hilo
Day 11: Stay in Volcano National Park
Day 12: Drive to Kohala coast
Day 13- 17: Stay on this side of Big Island
Day 14: Fly home
Any feedback ? I have not done any deep research, want to just figure out how many days we need in each place.
Would love to hear some suggestions,
Another itinerary question !!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Boutique Hotels - NYC
- 2 Where to stay with kids in Nashville
- 3 An overnight stay in NYC to see 2 shows
- 4 3 Days in Denver area- want to hike and bike, stay in Boulder or Denver?
- 5 Searching For The Rhythm Of Florida
- 6 Atlanta with kids
- 7 Santa Fe advice needed (40th anniversary)
- 8 Alexandria or Georgetown
- 9 Any nice Family Camps near Lake Winnepesauki?
- 10 Boston/Fenway park
- 11 VRBO/Airbnb rental status in San Francisco
- 12 Downtown Denver restaurant recommendation, please~
- 13 Hardly Strictly Bluegrass
- 14 New York City Taking First Steps Against Air BnB Members
- 15 Which NYC subway should I take?
- 16 New York City Restaurants
- 17 Cabaret seating at Studio 54 - huh?
- 18 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 19 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 20 East Coast road trip from Boston to Washington DC
- 21 Spring Has Officially Sprung in Central Park
- 22 Family Camp in Maine
- 23 San Diego
- 24 Suggestions for road trip with children from Birmingham, AL to Grand Canyon
- 25 2 Days in Portland - Best of?