We finally narrowed down Hawaii for our summer vacation. We are a family of 4, 2 adults and kids of ages 12 and 8.5.
We are planning to spend 2 weeks in Aug in Hawaii, although if there is room I would like to shorten the trip by couple of days based on your recommendation.
This is our first trip to Hawaii, and we would like to visit Maui and Big Island.
Here is a very rough itinerary:
Day 1: Fly into Maui (hoping we can get direct flights from NYC or NJ)
Day 2 - Day 9: In Maui
Day 10: Fly to Hilo
Day 11: Stay in Volcano National Park
Day 12: Drive to Kohala coast
Day 13- 17: Stay on this side of Big Island
Day 14: Fly home
Any feedback ? I have not done any deep research, want to just figure out how many days we need in each place.
Would love to hear some suggestions,
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Christmas in Colorado
- 2 Driving conditions from Denver to Winter Park
- 3 Mardi Gras - avoid or embrace?
- 4 PNW & its grudge against the bumbershoot
- 5 Where to stay in Little Rock AR
- 6 Williamsburg, VA reunion for 80 year olds
- 7 Tucson: milestone Birthday Dinner, winter
- 8 JFK to Washington
- 9 Visiting San Antonio early November
- 10 TR Animal Kingdom Florida - WDW
- 11 San Francisco/wildfire worries
- 12 Philadelphia travel ideas
- 13 Pfeiffer Canyon Bridge in Big Sur to reopen at 5pm Friday October 13th
- 14 Los Angeles for Christmas
- 15 Eating Well In Manhatten
- 16 How much time in Badlands?
- 17 Great Smoky Mountains - Chimn Tops Trail
- 18 Winter hiking in Colorado
- 19 Hotel to stay in Queens
- 20 MIDTOWN EAST TO JFK....VIA, UBER, OR YELLOW CAB?
- 21 Las Vegas Trip Report - Royal Flusher's Lost Weekend
- 22 Where to live in the North East
- 23 Restaurants - Nashville & Memphis
- 24 Restaurant Recommendations
- 25 LA Cali for 3 days alone, What To Do?