We finally narrowed down Hawaii for our summer vacation. We are a family of 4, 2 adults and kids of ages 12 and 8.5.
We are planning to spend 2 weeks in Aug in Hawaii, although if there is room I would like to shorten the trip by couple of days based on your recommendation.
This is our first trip to Hawaii, and we would like to visit Maui and Big Island.
Here is a very rough itinerary:
Day 1: Fly into Maui (hoping we can get direct flights from NYC or NJ)
Day 2 - Day 9: In Maui
Day 10: Fly to Hilo
Day 11: Stay in Volcano National Park
Day 12: Drive to Kohala coast
Day 13- 17: Stay on this side of Big Island
Day 14: Fly home
Any feedback ? I have not done any deep research, want to just figure out how many days we need in each place.
Would love to hear some suggestions,
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Bringin Wine in by car from Mexico
- 2 Seafood restaurant in San Francisco - recommendations
- 3 Oahu Dec 17th -22nd 2016
- 4 Hollywood Area where to stay
- 5 Kauai for a group over New Years
- 6 "Unique" New York City Experiences-Yours
- 7 Ideas for New York
- 8 Three relaxing weeks in Palm Springs
- 9 CAJUN region, plus NEW ORLEANS
- 10 Santa Fe & Taos for Christmas week: feedback on itinerary?
- 11 Where to stay in maui Kihei vs Paia vs Wailea vs Lahaina, Kaanapali
- 12 Bringing alcohol into the US
- 13 7 Day Photography Road trip from Vegas to Denver during Christmas
- 14 New York in December
- 15 Road trip from Madison, WI to Portland, OR in April, 2017
- 16 Driving from San Diego CA to Great lakes IL in FEB
- 17 Christmas shopping in Sante Fe
- 18 Grand Canyon / Bryce / Zion in August with Teens
- 19 Staying outside DC
- 20 Dallas, Austin, Waco in February
- 21 Hurricane Matthew damage along Florida East Coast?
- 22 New Years In Asheville with Nature and Beer on the side!
- 23 Suggestions for a Week in Portland
- 24 Going to L.A. dec18-25; Road trip to D.V. and on rt66
- 25 9 days in Olympic NP and Seattle area