We finally narrowed down Hawaii for our summer vacation. We are a family of 4, 2 adults and kids of ages 12 and 8.5.
We are planning to spend 2 weeks in Aug in Hawaii, although if there is room I would like to shorten the trip by couple of days based on your recommendation.
This is our first trip to Hawaii, and we would like to visit Maui and Big Island.
Here is a very rough itinerary:
Day 1: Fly into Maui (hoping we can get direct flights from NYC or NJ)
Day 2 - Day 9: In Maui
Day 10: Fly to Hilo
Day 11: Stay in Volcano National Park
Day 12: Drive to Kohala coast
Day 13- 17: Stay on this side of Big Island
Day 14: Fly home
Any feedback ? I have not done any deep research, want to just figure out how many days we need in each place.
Would love to hear some suggestions,
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Jazz and dinner -- Chicago
- 2 Thanksgiving Day in NYC
- 3 Niagara Falls.
- 4 Limited time on Maui: Advice please
- 5 Universal Orlando 2.5 days
- 6 Where in NOLA to stay?
- 7 Nat Park Trip in Utah - Too Much??
- 8 Detroit - Something Fun to Do?
- 9 Maui in October? Hyatt Regency, or quieter spot??
- 10 California Summer weather/ clothing
- 11 cruising the Mississippi river
- 12 Your favourite places in New York City
- 13 Juneau cruise stop
- 14 Trip Starting from New York
- 15 DC to Harrisonburg- need good hike
- 16 New England Canada Road Trip
- 17 Travel between Orlando and Boston.
- 18 Southwest charging USD15/ for early bird check in
- 19 The city never sleeps, but we needed to
- 20 Napa Valley Hotel
- 21 The Great Debate, What is Worth Precious Money and Time in NYC
- 22 A day in Boston
- 23 Where to stay in Munising, MI?
- 24 "Kid" things to do in Stanwood area
- 25 Nilichik Ak.