We finally narrowed down Hawaii for our summer vacation. We are a family of 4, 2 adults and kids of ages 12 and 8.5.
We are planning to spend 2 weeks in Aug in Hawaii, although if there is room I would like to shorten the trip by couple of days based on your recommendation.
This is our first trip to Hawaii, and we would like to visit Maui and Big Island.
Here is a very rough itinerary:
Day 1: Fly into Maui (hoping we can get direct flights from NYC or NJ)
Day 2 - Day 9: In Maui
Day 10: Fly to Hilo
Day 11: Stay in Volcano National Park
Day 12: Drive to Kohala coast
Day 13- 17: Stay on this side of Big Island
Day 14: Fly home
Any feedback ? I have not done any deep research, want to just figure out how many days we need in each place.
Would love to hear some suggestions,
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Rail Male Enhancement - Best Natural Male Sexual Enhancement Supplement
- 2 Looking for quiet beach vacation in Florida
- 3 Hawaii wedding
- 4 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017
- 5 Charlottesville & NC BBQ Trip Report
- 6 Oregon Coast question
- 7 California road trip
- 8 Luau Worth the Money or Not?
- 9 Blackwater Falls State Park Lodge vs. Canaan Valley Resort
- 10 Oregon Coast with 1, 4 and 6, year old
- 11 Used point to reserve room now a friend wants to stay for free
- 12 Grand Canyon in February?? Doable?
- 13 Self-Guided Walking Tours For Savannah and Charleston
- 14 Moving to Montana
- 15 WNY, Cleveland, and Niagara on the Lake
- 16 Makana Charter Reviews in Kauai?
- 17 Tetons, Yellowstone help
- 18 First Time to Seattle-Portland-Willamette Valley
- 19 Solo Trip to Mid-West
- 20 Savanah GA
- 21 transportation from Plano TX to Norman OK
- 22 Florida with a 2 year old
- 23 traveling I 70 across Colorado
- 24 ASAP Help w/San Fran to San Diego 12 day road trip with young kids
- 25 Colorado itinerary