We finally narrowed down Hawaii for our summer vacation. We are a family of 4, 2 adults and kids of ages 12 and 8.5.
We are planning to spend 2 weeks in Aug in Hawaii, although if there is room I would like to shorten the trip by couple of days based on your recommendation.
This is our first trip to Hawaii, and we would like to visit Maui and Big Island.
Here is a very rough itinerary:
Day 1: Fly into Maui (hoping we can get direct flights from NYC or NJ)
Day 2 - Day 9: In Maui
Day 10: Fly to Hilo
Day 11: Stay in Volcano National Park
Day 12: Drive to Kohala coast
Day 13- 17: Stay on this side of Big Island
Day 14: Fly home
Any feedback ? I have not done any deep research, want to just figure out how many days we need in each place.
Would love to hear some suggestions,
Another itinerary question !!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Fall trip, best location to stay in Vermont. Need help please.
- 2 middlebury vt snow
- 3 4 Nights in LA: What does our itinerary say about where we should stay?
- 4 Ideas for a family on a roadtrip around Denver and Utah
- 5 Seeking advice for Glacier National Park
- 6 Charleston, SC Hotels
- 7 Road trip to the Deep South revisited......itinerary for your perusal
- 8 NY to Asheville then country place to stay
- 9 Orlando in February
- 10 Travel from Seattle WA to Oceanside CA
- 11 Parking and Neighborhood for Miami-Dade County Auditorium
- 12 ski trip: utah or colorado
- 13 Los Angeles day trips
- 14 17 day photo trip report - upstate New York
- 15 Seattle in July: Warwick or Maxwell hotel
- 16 Mt. Hood or Columbia Gorge for family reunion?
- 17 Orlando hotels
- 18 Sunday morning in southern Florida
- 19 Hop On Hop Off Bus Atlanta
- 20 Photos from Texas Christmas Road Trip
- 21 Driving to Daytona Beach from New Jersey
- 22 Route 50 between Virginia and Missouri--Scenic?
- 23 Atlantic coast and mountain vacation
- 24 One Way Car Rentals- LAS to SFO- without drop off charges-What to check-
- 25 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15