We finally narrowed down Hawaii for our summer vacation. We are a family of 4, 2 adults and kids of ages 12 and 8.5.
We are planning to spend 2 weeks in Aug in Hawaii, although if there is room I would like to shorten the trip by couple of days based on your recommendation.
This is our first trip to Hawaii, and we would like to visit Maui and Big Island.
Here is a very rough itinerary:
Day 1: Fly into Maui (hoping we can get direct flights from NYC or NJ)
Day 2 - Day 9: In Maui
Day 10: Fly to Hilo
Day 11: Stay in Volcano National Park
Day 12: Drive to Kohala coast
Day 13- 17: Stay on this side of Big Island
Day 14: Fly home
Any feedback ? I have not done any deep research, want to just figure out how many days we need in each place.
Would love to hear some suggestions,
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://goldenhealthcenters.com/illum-face-cream/
- 2 Traveling to CO, worried about altitude sickness!
- 3 Best route to tour most of Michigan-Help!
- 4 Summer in Michigan
- 5 Naples/ Fort Myers
- 6 10-14 daycar fr. Monterey, CA to Jackson WY. Help - towns / Nat'l Parks
- 7 Glacier National Park
- 8 Big Island and Kauai questions
- 9 South east road trip
- 10 New England Road Trip Itinerary
- 11 Huntington Beach to Yosemite
- 12 6 days ABQ to Moab,4 Corners, Mesa Verde doable?
- 13 How much in 7 days on West Coast?
- 14 Where to stay for three nights after Volcanoes National Park
- 15 Scenic vistas along the road the big island Hawaii
- 16 sight seeing Las Vegas to Palm Springs to Sante Fe
- 17 Where's best place to stay near volcano big island besides volcano house?
- 18 Any Sanibel experts?
- 19 Oregon Trip March 2017
- 20 Later Winter around Mobile
- 21 Rafting the Colorado
- 22 CAJUN region, plus NEW ORLEANS
- 23 Florida keys trip
- 24 USA Trip in 4 Weeks
- 25 Coffee in Boston?