A friend from the UK and I are spending a week (Sept. 7-14) in Portland OR. We plan to drive to the coast for an overnight. I've never been there so I'm looking for an interesting location to stay for the general ambiance, either town or coast. The logical options seem to be about 2-2 1/2 hours drive whether to Astoria or to places north and south of there. Does anyone who's been there or lives in the area have a suggestion?
An Overnight on the Coast from Portland OR.
- 1 Finally, seeing the Outer Banks
- 2 time for a new countdown to Hawaii
- 3 Just saw the Book of Mormon in Chicago ! Can we talk about it
- 4 Using public transit in San Diego
- 5 A Visit to Charleston
- 6 Need help with itinerary to Seattle, Oregon, California
- 7 San Francisco - one semi-splurge restaurant?
- 8 What to see/do from north Texas area to SD (Mt. Rushmore area)
- 9 Help with NYC transit
- 10 Boston, my 2 hour food shopping spree to satiate my man's needs
- 11 Williamsburg VA
- 12 NYC Newbie Needs Advice Re JFK Transportation
- 13 Driving from Greensboro, NC, to Tampa
- 14 Cedar Point Wait Times
- 15 Baseball Road Trip
- 16 D.C. in a day
- 17 New Orleans trip (plus road trip) Help Pls!
- 18 Yellowstone Snow Melt, Roads and Trails - Timing
- 19 Washington DC - Philadelphia - New York extravaganza
- 20 A visit to Fallingwater and places nearby
- 21 Best places to stop New Orleans to Los Angeles
- 22 Can Foodies Overcome the Flu in Honolulu? A March 2013 Oahu TR...
- 23 10 days after cruise - Fort Lauderdale Fly out from LA?????
- 24 What to do with extra day in Virginia?
- 25 1st time in Boston --need advice