A friend from the UK and I are spending a week (Sept. 7-14) in Portland OR. We plan to drive to the coast for an overnight. I've never been there so I'm looking for an interesting location to stay for the general ambiance, either town or coast. The logical options seem to be about 2-2 1/2 hours drive whether to Astoria or to places north and south of there. Does anyone who's been there or lives in the area have a suggestion?
An Overnight on the Coast from Portland OR.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Gem hunting near San Diego
- 2 Planning birthday trip to Big Island & Kauai - advice!
- 3 Affordable parking options: Port of Miami?
- 4 Denver Itinerary - 3 nights, 4 days
- 5 NYC play advice needed
- 6 canyon De Chelly or Chaco
- 7 Fredericksburg to see the wildflowers and to sample the wine
- 8 Most affordable Wineries in Northern California near Napa?
- 9 JFK to midtown/Times Square (47th & 7th)
- 10 naples restuarant for anniversary
- 11 Seattle TrainingTrip March 17, q's
- 12 New Orleans-where to stay and what to see?
- 13 carousel bar nola
- 14 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 15 Driving from Texas to Yellowstone
- 16 Visiting Denver
- 17 Louisville KY trip report -- attractions and food
- 18 Smoky Mountain Summer
- 19 Ocean Activities around Kauai
- 20 Seattle to Las Vegas Family Road Trip
- 21 Please update me on moderate priced ocean front hotels southeast Fla.
- 22 Small beach town like Seaside, FL?
- 23 Spending February on the Florida Panhandle
- 24 Big Sur?
- 25 Sunday Brunch Southern California