Looking for ideas. Two adults taking train from Cary, NC in late March to Alexandria, VA. Lodging, metro and dining tips appreciated. Thinking of Hilton for lodging and would like to take metro into D.C. for day trips. This is not our first trip to area but have never stayed in Old Town, Alexandria or taken the train.
Amtrak trip to Alexandria, VA from Cary, NC
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Day trip to CT from NYC
- 2 Santa Barbara, California
- 3 Fear of driving in San Francisco/USA
- 4 Zion Narrows - Relatively Easy / Suitable for Older Folks?
- 5 Central Park Fall Foliage
- 6 Historic Houses & Sites near Charleston & Savannah.
- 7 Another Californian Odyssey (June/July 2014)
- 8 Atascadero -> Pacific Grove -> San Francisco
- 9 Trip Report: New York City July 25-27, 2014
- 10 vegas with two teens 13 & 14yo
- 11 Amtrak Train from California to Oregon or Washington
- 12 San Fran to Las Vegas drive
- 13 Los Angeles itinerary for August trip
- 14 A weekend escape around cooperstown ny
- 15 Road Trip SW
- 16 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 17 California road trip
- 18 Seattle, Portland, and day trips all around
- 19 Keystone, CO & area - inside activities?
- 20 Hiking Arches or Canyonlands National Park in fall?
- 21 Another Southwest Airlines Early Bird Question
- 22 Kauai -- Music Lovers!!!
- 23 Gulf Shores Restaurants
- 24 Yosemite Fire
- 25 Lodging - Yosemite