We will be taking our first trip by train. First trip to DC too. My husband and I are trying to decide if it would be worth the extra $500 for a sleeping compartment. Traveling with "kids" 15, 20 & 24 years old and my parents. That price only covers two of us. If anyone has any tips for the train ride and whether the compartment is worth the extra $ I would appreciate it.
Amtrak Tampa, Fl to Washington DC
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 2 San Diego parks and attractions
- 3 Door County Suggestions
- 4 First family ski trip
- 5 Visiting Denver
- 6 New Hampshire Itinerary
- 7 Summer trip in New England (15 days)
- 8 Here's how I spent my 3 hour layover in Washington, DC
- 9 boston to nantucket: what are our options?
- 10 driving from San Francisco to Seattle
- 11 NYC theatre broadway
- 12 Your favorite Glacier NP lodging and itinerary help
- 13 Suggestions? Family of four that like National Parks
- 14 Salt Lake City, Utah
- 15 Feedback on Palm Springs with Kids Itinerary
- 16 Commute from Kailua Kona to Hilo - doable?
- 17 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 18 Honeymoon - Maui and Oahu for first timers Oct 2014
- 19 Seattle TrainingTrip March 17, q's
- 20 Yes it's March, but let's talk Christmas destinations!
- 21 Visiting Denver
- 22 Gatlinburg Tennessee Itinerary suggestions
- 23 Help for an upcoming NYC trip.
- 24 Alternatives to Disney in Florida
- 25 Death Valley in June in a motorhome