We will be taking our first trip by train. First trip to DC too. My husband and I are trying to decide if it would be worth the extra $500 for a sleeping compartment. Traveling with "kids" 15, 20 & 24 years old and my parents. That price only covers two of us. If anyone has any tips for the train ride and whether the compartment is worth the extra $ I would appreciate it.
Amtrak Tampa, Fl to Washington DC
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 A weekend in Boston area with Friends (including 2 teenagers)
- 2 Finally!!! Santa Fe/ Albuquerque Family Christmas Break 2014
- 3 Denver Limos
- 4 layover
- 5 Lake Tahoe to Yosemite: advice needed
- 6 A few NYC questions about 9/11 memorial tours and more.
- 7 East Coast trip including DC, New York and surrounding areas.
- 8 Two airports to choose from?
- 9 Mequite NV, Where to Stay for One Night?
- 10 Road trip itinerary
- 11 Alexandria, VA Marriott Residence Inn et al
- 12 Key West Dry Tortugas
- 13 Part one of an 18 Day RV trip - Talkeetna
- 14 best area to stay in san diego
- 15 Pizza Recs in the Bronx Area
- 16 Palm Desert California recommendations for dining
- 17 Two 64 year old buddies on A week trip
- 18 Hotel advice. Near the airport vs Historical District in Charleston SC
- 19 Beaufort, NC or Wilmington, NC?
- 20 Kayaking to Chinaman Hat/Kaneohe Bay Sandbar/offshore Islands in Dec?
- 21 Metro or cab from Delancey St to Penn Station?
- 22 Part Four of an 18 Day RV trip - Homer
- 23 Kayaking in Kauai
- 24 Lake Huron Circle Tour
- 25 San Francisco - mid October