We will be taking our first trip by train. First trip to DC too. My husband and I are trying to decide if it would be worth the extra $500 for a sleeping compartment. Traveling with "kids" 15, 20 & 24 years old and my parents. That price only covers two of us. If anyone has any tips for the train ride and whether the compartment is worth the extra $ I would appreciate it.
Amtrak Tampa, Fl to Washington DC
- 1 Driving from Kentucky to Florida
- 2 10 day Hawaii Vacations
- 3 hotel in carmel or monterey
- 4 Minnesota State Fair
- 5 Reasonably priced seafood/steak restaurant near the strip in Las Vegas?
- 6 Las vegas hotels--can't make up my mind, help!
- 7 New York, New York...my kind of town
- 8 Seattle Hotel Choice and Other Questions
- 9 Another apartment rental scam in NYC
- 10 Fireworks on the Fourth of July on the Mall
- 11 Going to Dodge City, Kansas
- 12 Kauai Activity Suggestions Needed!
- 13 Trying To Find a Place
- 14 Logan Express
- 15 Yet another question about which DC Metro pass to purchase
- 16 Search (for) Hotel suite using iPhone or laptop app?
- 17 Looking for inexpensive lodging near Dulles Airport
- 18 Cast Party at Birdland Monday nights
- 19 Hiking Questions --Many Glacier
- 20 One day in NYC
- 21 Chicago Architectural Tours
- 22 Columbus food !
- 23 Wildfire near Yosemite
- 24 Best ice cream in Charleston
- 25 Late night transportation PDX to downtown Portland?