We are a family of 5 considering taking the overnight AMTRAK train from LA to Flagstaff, renting a car to explore the Grand Canyon, Sedona etc...for a few days and taking the train back. We would either get reserved coach seats or a family sleeper room (not sure if that is worth the extra $450 though). I'm a little wary about the whole train experience on AMTRAK though. The train ride is about 10 hours, so I am concerned about the comfort, cleanliness, food, ability to get some sleep etc, and also the ability to easily rent a car once we arrive in Flagstaff... Thanks for any input you may have!
Amtrak Southwest Chief - Los Angeles to Flagstaff
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Houston Weekend Planning Help Needed, please
- 2 Special Occasion/Fancy Dress shops in South Florida
- 3 Three nights in Chicago -- a report
- 4 Looking for a travel loop in Arizona (Las Vegas to Tucson & back)
- 5 Is the New York subway safe?
- 6 Hotel in Newton outside Boston - need transportation and related advice
- 7 Saturday arrival Seattle airport to Lake Crescent
- 8 Skiing New Mexico
- 9 Hotel near the Miami airport
- 10 Girls Weekend Trip to Sarasota/Tampa Florida Area
- 11 Where to from Tampa?
- 12 Grand Canyon , Zion and Bryce Itinerary suggestions
- 13 USA and Canada in 2 months
- 14 kuai and maui top 10 to see list
- 15 DC in Dec-Restaurant ideas near Hilton Mark Alexandria
- 16 I am turning 60 and boy do I need help with my trip!
- 17 Richmond to Oklahoma City Slowly: what not to miss?
- 18 Take the T or cab from Logan
- 19 Elephant Man Preview on Broadway with Bradley Cooper
- 20 One less trip on the Bucket List - Visit to New York City
- 21 Chicago Questions
- 22 Best way to see South & Central Florida in a week.
- 23 Recommendations for things to do near San Diego Marriott Marquis & Marina
- 24 Accommodations in Floriday keys
- 25 Chicago eateries downtown