We are a family of 5 considering taking the overnight AMTRAK train from LA to Flagstaff, renting a car to explore the Grand Canyon, Sedona etc...for a few days and taking the train back. We would either get reserved coach seats or a family sleeper room (not sure if that is worth the extra $450 though). I'm a little wary about the whole train experience on AMTRAK though. The train ride is about 10 hours, so I am concerned about the comfort, cleanliness, food, ability to get some sleep etc, and also the ability to easily rent a car once we arrive in Flagstaff... Thanks for any input you may have!
Amtrak Southwest Chief - Los Angeles to Flagstaff
View all United States activity »
- 1 hawaii for 10 weeks
- 2 Hike down the Grand Canyon in February?
- 3 Which San Francisco vacation apartment rental has a better location?
- 4 San Antonio
- 5 Question about Boulder area
- 6 Univesity of Wisconsin Madison college visit -any tips
- 7 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 8 Sedona to Palm Springs
- 9 Two days December Arches Zion or ???
- 10 Viginia Jan 18-21st
- 11 Need a Good family restaurant near Disney World
- 12 Pix from Paradise (Kauai)
- 13 6 Reasons Hawaii Will Ruin Your Life
- 14 Denali Bus Tour Evaluation
- 15 Heard Les Miz is Returning - Production Any Good
- 16 Would this still be a good NYC to Boston Route?
- 17 Where to stay in Kauai in December?
- 18 The impossible dream: Bypassing I-95 between DC and Richmond
- 19 Traveling the pacific coast highway and national parks in one week
- 20 RV trip from Raleigh NC to Grand Canyon, Zion, Arches.. and?
- 21 Fort Lauderdale weather in late January
- 22 For NYC Tourists ... How to spot a New Yorker
- 23 What is the most European looking city in the United States?
- 24 Biloxi questions again
- 25 San Francisco - Stu Dudley's Recommendations