Will be traveling on the Southwest Chief (LA to Chicago) in late October. Thinking of taking side trips (Santa Fe and/or Grand Canyon). I've been to both areas, but never by train. What are the mechanics of interrupting the trip? What tour outfits in these areas best service train passengers? Any tips specific to the Southwest Chief itself? Thanks!
Amtrak Southwest Chief--Looking for suggestions
View all United States activity »
- 1 Ft. Stewart/Savannah
- 2 Long Weekend in KY: Bourbon Trail and Mammoth Cave
- 3 Traveling the U.S. by car for a long time!
- 4 suewoo and any other Charleston, SC experts
- 5 Disney Florida - Which parks to go for 1.5 days?
- 6 San Antonio
- 7 Eataly in Chicago -- Coming Soon!
- 8 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 9 Hotel near Public Theater
- 10 How much would it cost to have dental implants done in India?
- 11 Hollywood with 17yr old son
- 12 How to safely transport a newborn baby in downtown Chicago without your own car?
- 13 Oahu Information
- 14 Any additions to my general plan for 2 night stay in Jacksonville (no car)?
- 15 Charlotte Area Suggestions
- 16 Wailea Maui Restaurants
- 17 Best Cirque du Soleil show in Vegas 14 and 11 yo boys?
- 18 Savanah Sojourn
- 19 One day in Washington DC
- 20 Which Florida Key to snorkel?
- 21 Special Chrstmas Tree
- 22 Staying at the Omni in downtown austin. Anywhere to park cheaper?
- 23 South Florida luxury hotels with a 5 year old
- 24 Help! Travel plans to USA West Coast
- 25 RIP Judy Rogers