Considering rail to NYC for Summer 2013 instead of air or road trip. From home in mid-Michigan, it seems impractical and takes way too long if we board Amtrak here with multiple stops as well as some departures backtracking to Chicago enroute to NYC. Not opposed to driving a good chunk of the way and traveling rail from a location outside the city..perhaps from a fun place to spend a day or two before or after. Hoping to maximize time in NYC and, while loving rail travel, don't want to spend days traveling there. Any ideas?
Amtrak Michigan to NYC
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Yes it's March, but let's talk Christmas destinations!
- 2 Where to eat lunch in Washington, D.C.?
- 3 Vacation rentals in Tucson
- 4 Über, peer sharing sites, and insurance
- 5 Alaska
- 6 Quiet hotel room in University district?
- 7 boston to nantucket: what are our options?
- 8 Seattle TrainingTrip March 17, q's
- 9 Car rental through Priceline bidding
- 10 Accomodations in Seattle for 15
- 11 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 12 San Diego parks and attractions
- 13 Dividing time in Grand Canyon
- 14 Chain of Craters Road safe with Infants
- 15 Lunch somewhere between Arlington and Roanoke VA?
- 16 First family ski trip
- 17 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 18 What to do in Pawley's Island in Early March?
- 19 Great Smokies - Seasonal Closings
- 20 Florida, Gulf Coast recommendations
- 21 Austin Anniversary Dinner
- 22 NYC theatre broadway
- 23 Chigo O'Hare layover
- 24 Here's how I spent my 3 hour layover in Washington, DC
- 25 Huntington Beach - hostels?