first of all, I'm Johannes from Germany and found this community while I was searching for more information about travelling the American West by RV. I've just registered and hope that you can help me.
We booked an RV from San Francisco to Las Vegas in July (End) and August. Our route contains the following main stops(so far): San Francisco, Monterey, Los Angeles, Calico, Bullhead City, Grand Canyon, Lake Powell, Monument Valley, Bryce NP, Zion NP, Las Vegas.
There are many things I don't know about travelling the US by RV, but most important right now:
- We don't want to book all available RV campgrounds in advance because we're not sure yet where we want to stay for how long. We found many alternatives, for example: parking at Walmart or simply at the roadside. Is this possible? Can we travel this route this way, i.e. without any reserved campground?
The main problem is that we don't know any "best practices" and we would like to know what is possible before we arrive.
Many thanks in advance for your help..
Best regards, Johannes
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 How can the weather report be so wrong?
- 2 Denver/Breckenridge/Summit County
- 3 OUR MANHATTAN ADVENTURE 2015
- 4 Grieving Widow wants escape from Christmas
- 5 NY State Assembly Internship
- 6 Grand Canyon
- 7 San Francisco and Napa
- 8 Late Feb/Early March honeymoon: Maui, Kauai, or other?
- 9 Killington Ski Hotel??
- 10 San Diego Family Reunion Planning
- 11 White Christmas
- 12 How many days recommended for Williamsburg stay?
- 13 Is it Appropriate for Grandmother to Sing to Bar Mitzvah Boy?
- 14 Going to Coachella - what to do after the festival
- 15 What should a foreigner know about the US?
- 16 Welltravbrit's Ongoing NYC Jaunt
- 17 Midway point
- 18 Hawaii in August w 6 year old boy
- 19 Itinerary to America - Guidance Needed
- 20 New York City
- 21 Driving from Yosemite to Las Vegas via Death Valley in December?
- 22 Relocating to the Deep South
- 23 Nice hotel / B&B in Tucson - January
- 24 Arlington funeral plans
- 25 destin resorts