first of all, I'm Johannes from Germany and found this community while I was searching for more information about travelling the American West by RV. I've just registered and hope that you can help me.
We booked an RV from San Francisco to Las Vegas in July (End) and August. Our route contains the following main stops(so far): San Francisco, Monterey, Los Angeles, Calico, Bullhead City, Grand Canyon, Lake Powell, Monument Valley, Bryce NP, Zion NP, Las Vegas.
There are many things I don't know about travelling the US by RV, but most important right now:
- We don't want to book all available RV campgrounds in advance because we're not sure yet where we want to stay for how long. We found many alternatives, for example: parking at Walmart or simply at the roadside. Is this possible? Can we travel this route this way, i.e. without any reserved campground?
The main problem is that we don't know any "best practices" and we would like to know what is possible before we arrive.
Many thanks in advance for your help..
Best regards, Johannes
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://www.nutritionofhealth.com/power-testo-blast/
- 2 Restaurants in Idyllwild
- 3 How to spend a weekend in Idyllwild, CA?
- 4 arizona rte 66
- 5 8 day Road Trip! Spokane to New Orleans
- 6 Pacific Grove/Carmel CA area
- 7 usa roadtrip
- 8 Philadelphia travel ideas
- 9 Advice needed: first trip to Hawaii
- 10 Yellowstone/Glacier - a cabin with a view
- 11 West coast to East Coast in April-May 2018
- 12 Where to live in the North East
- 13 Hawaii and...where?
- 14 Short Oregon Trip
- 15 Cruising the Cs: Canyon de Chelly, Canyonlands, and Capitol Reef
- 16 Secaucus as base for New York 3 days-advice
- 17 Eating Well In Manhatten
- 18 Driving conditions from Denver to Winter Park
- 19 Another Great DC Trip
- 20 Lunch near 9/11 Memorial
- 21 Gatlinburg/Smokies trip report, with photos and captions
- 22 Black History Museum
- 23 Wash DC VRBO recommendation
- 24 Chicago 2017
- 25 How much time in Badlands?