first of all, I'm Johannes from Germany and found this community while I was searching for more information about travelling the American West by RV. I've just registered and hope that you can help me.
We booked an RV from San Francisco to Las Vegas in July (End) and August. Our route contains the following main stops(so far): San Francisco, Monterey, Los Angeles, Calico, Bullhead City, Grand Canyon, Lake Powell, Monument Valley, Bryce NP, Zion NP, Las Vegas.
There are many things I don't know about travelling the US by RV, but most important right now:
- We don't want to book all available RV campgrounds in advance because we're not sure yet where we want to stay for how long. We found many alternatives, for example: parking at Walmart or simply at the roadside. Is this possible? Can we travel this route this way, i.e. without any reserved campground?
The main problem is that we don't know any "best practices" and we would like to know what is possible before we arrive.
Many thanks in advance for your help..
Best regards, Johannes
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 6 days ABQ to Moab,4 Corners, Mesa Verde doable?
- 2 Coffee in Boston?
- 3 Nashville Never Been
- 4 New England Road Trip Itinerary
- 5 Any Estero Island/Ft Myers experts?
- 6 Best route to tour most of Michigan-Help!
- 7 Sheraton Vistana Resort Villas
- 8 sight seeing Las Vegas to Palm Springs to Sante Fe
- 9 Traveling in winter
- 10 San Diego to Oregon road trip itinerary
- 11 CAJUN region, plus NEW ORLEANS
- 12 Oregon Trip March 2017
- 13 Charleston & Savannah Lodging
- 14 Spring Break National Park Visit
- 15 New orleans recs for family
- 16 Ideas for February Road Trip from San Francisco?
- 17 Later Winter around Mobile
- 18 10 days in California. What should I hit?
- 19 USA Trip in 4 Weeks
- 20 Uber boston
- 21 Florida keys trip
- 22 Steamboat Springs, CO
- 23 My Colorado trip ?'s (June)
- 24 Florida beach vacation
- 25 Suggestion for Las Vegas to Yosemite in July