Okay, so this title is NOT meant to make people feel sorry for me. I'm in the Navy and just moved across the entire country (Hawaii to Florida - so now I KNOW you don't feel sorry for me!), and on my own for Thanksgiving this year since I really don't know anyone yet and can't travel back home for that day this year. Blah, story told, I'm trying to figure out something to do on Thanksgiving Day. I really wanted to volunteer, but everything I've searched from local Catholic churches, Salvation Army, other local volunteer organizations, etc. are already booked with volunteers. Any recommendations on restaurants to get a decent Thanksgiving meal in the Tampa Bay area? Or maybe some sort of event going on that day? Thanks in advance!
Alone on Thanksgiving in Tampa
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Great Smokies - Seasonal Closings
- 2 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii
- 3 Florida, Gulf Coast recommendations
- 4 Road Trip Sept/Oct (4 weeks) Key West-Carolina's-Nashville-Memphis-Dallas-Denver
- 5 First family ski trip
- 6 NYC theatre broadway
- 7 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 8 What to do in Pawley's Island in Early March?
- 9 Need Ideas for Quiet Vacation in Upstate New York
- 10 Most affordable Wineries in Northern California near Napa?
- 11 Spending February on the Florida Panhandle
- 12 Über, peer sharing sites, and insurance
- 13 Salt Lake City, Utah
- 14 USA with a 3 year old
- 15 Death Valley in June in a motorhome
- 16 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 17 Universal studios/Orlando
- 18 Best seafood restaurant in Boston
- 19 Accomodations in Seattle for 15
- 20 A dreamy week on Kauai with three generations
- 21 Dividing time in Grand Canyon
- 22 Looking for Destination Ideas
- 23 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 24 Looking for Hotel Alternatives on Coast to Coast Trip
- 25 Chain of Craters Road safe with Infants