Okay, so this title is NOT meant to make people feel sorry for me. I'm in the Navy and just moved across the entire country (Hawaii to Florida - so now I KNOW you don't feel sorry for me!), and on my own for Thanksgiving this year since I really don't know anyone yet and can't travel back home for that day this year. Blah, story told, I'm trying to figure out something to do on Thanksgiving Day. I really wanted to volunteer, but everything I've searched from local Catholic churches, Salvation Army, other local volunteer organizations, etc. are already booked with volunteers. Any recommendations on restaurants to get a decent Thanksgiving meal in the Tampa Bay area? Or maybe some sort of event going on that day? Thanks in advance!
Alone on Thanksgiving in Tampa
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Death Valley in June
- 2 FLORIDA CONDO--seeking general advice
- 3 travel up the coast from San Franciso to Seattle
- 4 Your favorite Glacier NP lodging and itinerary help
- 5 Oahu ideas
- 6 Grand Circle & Wyoming
- 7 Rodeo Near Tulsa or Woodward?
- 8 San Diego grocery stores
- 9 Gatlinburg Tennessee Itinerary suggestions
- 10 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 11 Yes it's March, but let's talk Christmas destinations!
- 12 West Coast Bound End of March
- 13 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii
- 14 Southern California Dining Guide - 2014/2015
- 15 Need an interesting place for one night near Memphis
- 16 Vacation rentals in Tucson
- 17 Nude Beaches- Positive or Negative Experience?
- 18 Buy GoPro Hero3
- 19 Down to three New York City hotels for December visit
- 20 Huntington Beach - hostels?
- 21 Roadtrip Across the Country
- 22 Best places to move to Florida?
- 23 Juneau May 8th
- 24 Memphis or Chattanooga for family
- 25 Help for an upcoming NYC trip.