Okay, so this title is NOT meant to make people feel sorry for me. I'm in the Navy and just moved across the entire country (Hawaii to Florida - so now I KNOW you don't feel sorry for me!), and on my own for Thanksgiving this year since I really don't know anyone yet and can't travel back home for that day this year. Blah, story told, I'm trying to figure out something to do on Thanksgiving Day. I really wanted to volunteer, but everything I've searched from local Catholic churches, Salvation Army, other local volunteer organizations, etc. are already booked with volunteers. Any recommendations on restaurants to get a decent Thanksgiving meal in the Tampa Bay area? Or maybe some sort of event going on that day? Thanks in advance!
Alone on Thanksgiving in Tampa
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Advice on a Hamptons Day Trip
- 2 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 3 Chicago Architectural River Tours - which one for us?
- 4 Which NYC subway should I take?
- 5 Rafting in Wisconsin
- 6 Helicopter tours from Vegas to Grand Canyon
- 7 Where to stay with kids in Nashville
- 8 New York City Subway Fare Payment
- 9 Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton itinerary - advice requested please!
- 10 Cab Cost from McCarren to Venetian Hotel?
- 11 Cocoa Beach Restaurant Recommendations near Courtyard Cocoa Beach
- 12 Hawaii Trip. Paradise Lost (Or At Least Misplaced)
- 13 New York City Taking First Steps Against Air BnB Members
- 14 East Coast road trip from Boston to Washington DC
- 15 Phoenix restaurants
- 16 5 week in US/Mexico
- 17 Camping at Grand Canyon, Bryce, Zion and Arches
- 18 10 day trip to California
- 19 Best Glacier viewing (by boat) from Seward or Whittier
- 20 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 21 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 22 Rafting near Denali
- 23 New York City Restaurants
- 24 Oregon to SF - avoid Coastal Route
- 25 Kennedy Space Center