Okay, so this title is NOT meant to make people feel sorry for me. I'm in the Navy and just moved across the entire country (Hawaii to Florida - so now I KNOW you don't feel sorry for me!), and on my own for Thanksgiving this year since I really don't know anyone yet and can't travel back home for that day this year. Blah, story told, I'm trying to figure out something to do on Thanksgiving Day. I really wanted to volunteer, but everything I've searched from local Catholic churches, Salvation Army, other local volunteer organizations, etc. are already booked with volunteers. Any recommendations on restaurants to get a decent Thanksgiving meal in the Tampa Bay area? Or maybe some sort of event going on that day? Thanks in advance!
Alone on Thanksgiving in Tampa
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Colorado Trip in Late May 2014
- 2 Audio Driving Tour Big Island and Oahu
- 3 Metro from airport to hotel?
- 4 Book ahead for weekends this spring in Asheville, NC
- 5 Asheville NC without a car
- 6 Albuquerque Recommendations
- 7 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 8 RIP Rizzoli, J&R Music, Pearl Paint
- 9 Myrtle Beach
- 10 9 Day Trip to Yosemite, Oregon and Washington State
- 11 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 12 2 weeks in FL, Savannah and Charleston
- 13 Colorado in the summer!
- 14 Place for a drink where kids are allowed? An NYC question.
- 15 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 16 AK-Glacier Bay, Wrangel Elias, Lake Clark, Matanuska glacier, Valdez?
- 17 Washington DC Metro
- 18 Houseboat on Lake Powell
- 19 Suggestions for road trip with children from Birmingham, AL to Grand Canyon
- 20 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 21 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 22 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,
- 23 Alexandria or Georgetown
- 24 Travel West Coast
- 25 Hotels in LA ... I know...how long is a piece of string type question...