We are four fairly adventurous mid-aged adults hoping to do a week long Alaskan cruise on a small boat (less than 100 persons) in mid 2014. We have been advised that the inner passage western coves have more to offer than the eastern coves. Is this correct or are they similar? Is the eastern passage rougher ( one of us is prone to sea-sickness). Which cruise boats would you recommend? We would also like to add in some further wilderness experiences and have been told that Denali and Talkeetna NPs are the best places to go. Is this correct and any recommended places to stay? Are there other NPs that can also be recommended? We are coming from Australia but can only spare 2-3 weeks for the whole trip and would prefer to visit outside of the school holidays. Can someone advise the best times to travel? All suggestions gratefully accepted!
Alaskan cruise and surrounds
View all United States activity »
- 1 One day in Washington DC
- 2 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 3 Traveling the U.S. by car for a long time!
- 4 Eataly in Chicago -- Coming Soon!
- 5 Any additions to my general plan for 2 night stay in Jacksonville (no car)?
- 6 Traveling across the US by van!
- 7 Disney Florida - Which parks to go for 1.5 days?
- 8 Tucson First Week or Last Week of March
- 9 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 10 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 11 San Antonio
- 12 hotel near Met NYC
- 13 Key West on NYE
- 14 Historic District Hotel, St. Augustine, Florida, February
- 15 Which Florida Key to snorkel?
- 16 Ft. Stewart/Savannah
- 17 If you drive through Greensboro during holiday time....
- 18 The impossible dream: Bypassing I-95 between DC and Richmond
- 19 suewoo and any other Charleston, SC experts
- 20 Long Weekend in KY: Bourbon Trail and Mammoth Cave
- 21 Hotel near Public Theater
- 22 How much would it cost to have dental implants done in India?
- 23 Hollywood with 17yr old son
- 24 How to safely transport a newborn baby in downtown Chicago without your own car?
- 25 Oahu Information