We are four fairly adventurous mid-aged adults hoping to do a week long Alaskan cruise on a small boat (less than 100 persons) in mid 2014. We have been advised that the inner passage western coves have more to offer than the eastern coves. Is this correct or are they similar? Is the eastern passage rougher ( one of us is prone to sea-sickness). Which cruise boats would you recommend? We would also like to add in some further wilderness experiences and have been told that Denali and Talkeetna NPs are the best places to go. Is this correct and any recommended places to stay? Are there other NPs that can also be recommended? We are coming from Australia but can only spare 2-3 weeks for the whole trip and would prefer to visit outside of the school holidays. Can someone advise the best times to travel? All suggestions gratefully accepted!
Alaskan cruise and surrounds
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Ideas for 1st time trip to LA/Santa Monica/Hollywood with 16 yr old
- 2 Lewis and Clark route
- 3 Itinerary opinions
- 4 The Seedy Side of Key West
- 5 Washington/Oregon....trip ideas
- 6 Concert at Red Rocks in CO
- 7 Shuttle from RSW to Naples, FL
- 8 Will have five days in Savannah
- 9 Driving from Denver to Aspen Oct. 2
- 10 A weekend escape around cooperstown ny
- 11 Need some shade in Key West
- 12 No accomodation in Hana...should we forget about it?
- 13 Exploring Los Angeles with Tom (but not maitaitom)
- 14 New England in the fall
- 15 Our perfect day in Key West
- 16 Relocating Tips - Mild Weather, Good Schools, Low Cost of Living
- 17 Hiking Arches or Canyonlands National Park in fall?
- 18 Mesa Verde
- 19 Vail or Aspen in summertime?
- 20 Long Beach Aquarium Trip
- 21 A tour of an Amish Community near Midland MI
- 22 Paved bike path near Bryce Canyon, through Red Canyon
- 23 Help w road trip from Huntington Beach to SF, skipping LA area
- 24 Recommendations for accommodation in San Diego?
- 25 Help on which island(s) for Scuba Divers