We are four fairly adventurous mid-aged adults hoping to do a week long Alaskan cruise on a small boat (less than 100 persons) in mid 2014. We have been advised that the inner passage western coves have more to offer than the eastern coves. Is this correct or are they similar? Is the eastern passage rougher ( one of us is prone to sea-sickness). Which cruise boats would you recommend? We would also like to add in some further wilderness experiences and have been told that Denali and Talkeetna NPs are the best places to go. Is this correct and any recommended places to stay? Are there other NPs that can also be recommended? We are coming from Australia but can only spare 2-3 weeks for the whole trip and would prefer to visit outside of the school holidays. Can someone advise the best times to travel? All suggestions gratefully accepted!
Alaskan cruise and surrounds
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Transportation from Newark airport to Secaucus
- 2 Solo Female Traveller to New Orleans
- 3 After Chigago ? side trips- suggestions
- 4 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 5 Avis Car rental Loss Damage Waiver LDW Fraud
- 6 5 Days in San Antonio and Austin Texas
- 7 Restaurant in NYC advice
- 8 Dad and daughter trip to Santa Fe
- 9 USA New York City: First-time Visitors
- 10 Tipping advice
- 11 3 weeks in USA in February -- refined itinerary
- 12 Wilmington, NC to Raleigh - Anything interesting to see in between?
- 13 charleston during Christmas Week
- 14 Rules of the Sidewalk
- 15 Fort Myers Beach vs Naples Beach
- 16 Advanced Reservations for USS Arizona Memorial Available Again
- 17 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 18 Queens, NY - Do not go
- 19 Tuscon to Las Vegas Drive in December
- 20 Hawaii Rental Cars - Book early
- 21 Boston, NYC or Chicago for 3rd weekend in March?
- 22 Maui - Need a Vegan-Friendly Restaurant Recommendation
- 23 Denver Airport to Downtown Sheraton--Transportation Options?
- 24 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 25 Charleston/Savannah/Asheville, 6 days enough?