We are taking a trip to Alaska Summer of 2014. We booked a cruise on June 27th (Vancouver -> Seward) and then will spend 5 days on the land.
I have a couple of questions
1. It might be too early to watch bears in June, so we were thinking to do a bear viewing trip after the cruise. We arrive to Seward on Friday, July 4th at 5a.m. and need to be in Denali on Sunday morning. Where is the best place to do the bear viewing trip between Seward and Denali? Or do you think that trying to do it in Ketchikan on June 29th should be Ok?
2. What is the best way to get from Seward to Denali and what can we see/do along the way?
3. Any recommendations on which tour companies to use or avoid? (bear viewing, dogs sledding, etc etc)
Thanks in advance
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Planning a 12-13 Day Cali Trip SF to SD
- 2 Which National Park summer 2018 with kids
- 3 Hiking from Aspen to Crested Butte
- 4 Any nice condo's to stay in Seaside, Florida?
- 5 Uber from Baton Rouge to N.O. Airport
- 6 Where to go for a long winter vacation in Florida, Panama City Beach??
- 7 Driving through Chicago area to Wisconsin
- 8 Restaurant recommendations in falmouth/mashpee, ma area
- 9 Travel Friday Harbor to Olympic Peninsula?
- 10 Charleston Itinerary Feedback Please
- 11 Trip Report Part 2 (w/teens) - Zion, Bryce and Park City
- 12 Northern California Gardens.
- 13 NEW ORLEANS AND CAJUN COUNTRY...A WEEK-LONG FOOD QUEST
- 14 Adventure Travel in Kenai Peninsula
- 15 Train from east cost to west coast
- 16 Trip Report Part 1 - Carmel/Monterey, Yosemite and Sequoia (w/teens)
- 17 First Time to Seattle-Portland-Willamette Valley
- 18 Luau Worth the Money or Not?
- 19 Looking to move from North Carolina to Colorado
- 20 Grand Canyon, Lake Powell, Zion..
- 21 Route 66
- 22 Savannah Itinerary Feedback Please
- 23 First time Colorado 1 week-itinerary help
- 24 Long-Term parking options New Orleans Airport
- 25 Nome, AK to Serpentine Hot Springs in the Bering Land Bridge NP