We are taking a trip to Alaska Summer of 2014. We booked a cruise on June 27th (Vancouver -> Seward) and then will spend 5 days on the land.
I have a couple of questions
1. It might be too early to watch bears in June, so we were thinking to do a bear viewing trip after the cruise. We arrive to Seward on Friday, July 4th at 5a.m. and need to be in Denali on Sunday morning. Where is the best place to do the bear viewing trip between Seward and Denali? Or do you think that trying to do it in Ketchikan on June 29th should be Ok?
2. What is the best way to get from Seward to Denali and what can we see/do along the way?
3. Any recommendations on which tour companies to use or avoid? (bear viewing, dogs sledding, etc etc)
Thanks in advance
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Visiting Denver
- 2 Visiting Denver
- 3 Feedback on Palm Springs with Kids Itinerary
- 4 boston to nantucket: what are our options?
- 5 Seattle TrainingTrip March 17, q's
- 6 Gatlinburg Tennessee Itinerary suggestions
- 7 Help for an upcoming NYC trip.
- 8 Alternatives to Disney in Florida
- 9 Death Valley in June in a motorhome
- 10 Denver in a half day
- 11 Commute from Kailua Kona to Hilo - doable?
- 12 First family ski trip
- 13 Safe Way of renting property in Orlando
- 14 Yes it's March, but let's talk Christmas destinations!
- 15 Return to Utah - New Sites
- 16 Oahu ideas
- 17 Grand Circle & Wyoming
- 18 driving from San Francisco to Seattle
- 19 Best places to move to Florida?
- 20 West Coast Bound End of March
- 21 Your favorite Glacier NP lodging and itinerary help
- 22 Philly sports fans: bar needed...and running route.
- 23 Here's how I spent my 3 hour layover in Washington, DC
- 24 Vacation rentals in Tucson
- 25 Key Largo, FL