We are taking a trip to Alaska Summer of 2014. We booked a cruise on June 27th (Vancouver -> Seward) and then will spend 5 days on the land.
I have a couple of questions
1. It might be too early to watch bears in June, so we were thinking to do a bear viewing trip after the cruise. We arrive to Seward on Friday, July 4th at 5a.m. and need to be in Denali on Sunday morning. Where is the best place to do the bear viewing trip between Seward and Denali? Or do you think that trying to do it in Ketchikan on June 29th should be Ok?
2. What is the best way to get from Seward to Denali and what can we see/do along the way?
3. Any recommendations on which tour companies to use or avoid? (bear viewing, dogs sledding, etc etc)
Thanks in advance
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 San Diego, Yosemite, Napa
- 2 easy to access car rental near but not in Logan Airport
- 3 What to do in Portland, Maine
- 4 Three Days In Portland, Maine
- 5 Help with itinerary...4 days in DC
- 6 Las vegas to Kingston, NY - 7/8 days- June 4th
- 7 San Francisco accommodation suggestions for November
- 8 Crested Butte lodging suggestions...summer
- 9 what western states to spend the most time in
- 10 Denver CO what to do arriving at 8am
- 11 Boston/Cape/ Back to Boston (Or Have we Made a Big Mistake?)
- 12 Austin, TX to Seattle. Road trip with two dogs
- 13 10 Days- California during the holidays
- 14 Kauai in November
- 15 What's There to Do in Kauai???
- 16 Hawaii - where?
- 17 Request Driving tips from Zion NP, UT to San Francisco?
- 18 Memphis to New Orleans Trip
- 19 Advice Road trip 15 days California Grand Canyon
- 20 Little Compton, RI
- 21 Trail Ridge Probably Not Open
- 22 Moab UT Accommendations
- 23 A week in NYC - first timers
- 24 Colorado Winter Wedding Venue
- 25 New Orleans/long weekend in September