We are taking a trip to Alaska Summer of 2014. We booked a cruise on June 27th (Vancouver -> Seward) and then will spend 5 days on the land.
I have a couple of questions
1. It might be too early to watch bears in June, so we were thinking to do a bear viewing trip after the cruise. We arrive to Seward on Friday, July 4th at 5a.m. and need to be in Denali on Sunday morning. Where is the best place to do the bear viewing trip between Seward and Denali? Or do you think that trying to do it in Ketchikan on June 29th should be Ok?
2. What is the best way to get from Seward to Denali and what can we see/do along the way?
3. Any recommendations on which tour companies to use or avoid? (bear viewing, dogs sledding, etc etc)
Thanks in advance
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Is this too Ambitious? Utah parks & Grand Canyon
- 2 florida gulf coast
- 3 6 Days in California - Advice Needed for first timer!
- 4 Willamette Valley to PDX--what are the options?
- 5 Where to take mom for 70th birthday?
- 6 Week of July 4th in Hamptons. First-timer, bday dinner...
- 7 Day hikes in Yosemite for family of 4 (2 teens)
- 8 Best Vegas hotel with 12 & 15 year olds
- 9 New Jersey Shore - Neptune
- 10 Where to stay - Yosemite, Sequoia, Zion - late July
- 11 Maine Lobster Rolls
- 12 San Francisco Hotel With Car
- 13 Fort Lauderdale to New York
- 14 1 week NE Fall trip (ME, VT, NY..)
- 15 Family Trip advice please?!
- 16 San Francisco, Yosemite, Carmel
- 17 Montana from Salt Lake City: Help!
- 18 Nevada and California: Vegas/SF/Monterey
- 19 Road trip advice needed please
- 20 Smoky Mountains -Cades Cove saw wolf.
- 21 Restaurant Recs in Boston
- 22 Dining & Things to Do - North Bennington
- 23 Big Island and Kauai questions
- 24 Need input on the following itinerary for Mid Coast Maine
- 25 Grand Teton and Yellowstone June 2010 - Chilly and Gorgeous!