We are taking a trip to Alaska Summer of 2014. We booked a cruise on June 27th (Vancouver -> Seward) and then will spend 5 days on the land.
I have a couple of questions
1. It might be too early to watch bears in June, so we were thinking to do a bear viewing trip after the cruise. We arrive to Seward on Friday, July 4th at 5a.m. and need to be in Denali on Sunday morning. Where is the best place to do the bear viewing trip between Seward and Denali? Or do you think that trying to do it in Ketchikan on June 29th should be Ok?
2. What is the best way to get from Seward to Denali and what can we see/do along the way?
3. Any recommendations on which tour companies to use or avoid? (bear viewing, dogs sledding, etc etc)
Thanks in advance
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 US Trip
- 2 Bryce and Zion planning
- 3 The Big Island - Best Way to See the Volcano
- 4 Salt Lake to Telluride Road Trip
- 5 Colorado Road Trip over Memorial Weekend
- 6 Boston Restaurant suggestion
- 7 Drive from Ohio to NYC
- 8 NEW ORLEANS AND CAJUN COUNTRY...A WEEK-LONG FOOD QUEST
- 9 Monthly vacation rental Siesta Key
- 10 Favorite restaurants in Savannah
- 11 Need advise(s) for travel from DFW to Destin FL
- 12 Boston hotel in May - Suburb and using the T-line
- 13 Oregon Waterfalls, Mt Rainier & Palouse Waterfall in 5 Days
- 14 Trip Report 2012 : 11 wonderful days in Alaska
- 15 Overnight between Moab and Grand Canyon village
- 16 Alaska trip rough Itinerary for Sep 2017
- 17 I continue to be stumped by amtrak...advice?
- 18 Driving to NYC from Ohio
- 19 Ohio to NYC
- 20 Another Quick NYC Trip - Food Ideas?
- 21 How to spend a few days in mid June near Oakland
- 22 4 days road trip southern New England
- 23 Philly Itinerary Help
- 24 Which one to pick----Phillips 26 Glacier or Prince William Sound cruise?
- 25 Trip to Palm Springs and San Diego