We are taking a trip to Alaska Summer of 2014. We booked a cruise on June 27th (Vancouver -> Seward) and then will spend 5 days on the land.
I have a couple of questions
1. It might be too early to watch bears in June, so we were thinking to do a bear viewing trip after the cruise. We arrive to Seward on Friday, July 4th at 5a.m. and need to be in Denali on Sunday morning. Where is the best place to do the bear viewing trip between Seward and Denali? Or do you think that trying to do it in Ketchikan on June 29th should be Ok?
2. What is the best way to get from Seward to Denali and what can we see/do along the way?
3. Any recommendations on which tour companies to use or avoid? (bear viewing, dogs sledding, etc etc)
Thanks in advance
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Retiring to Tucson
- 2 Help Please - NYC Questions and Plans
- 3 Road trip to NP: from Denver to San Francisco or the other way around?
- 4 Pet Friendly accommodations midway
- 5 Renting an RV to Tour NM
- 6 Big Island of Hawaii - itinerary ideas for 7-10 day trip
- 7 Westhester/Bronx/Yonkers area event planning
- 8 Saturday traffic heading to the Outer Banks
- 9 Favorite lodging near Acadia NP? Maine in October?
- 10 Driving from Miami to Florida Keys - electronic tolls?
- 11 Hotel in Reno
- 12 winter resort offering snowshoeing dog sledding & boat trip
- 13 Alaska Trip Planning Please Help
- 14 Looking for informaation on Joshua Tree
- 15 Summer Vacation Ideas
- 16 Southwest Road Trip in Oct
- 17 A nice restuarnt in Charlottesville, VA for bridesmaids luncheon?
- 18 In search of cool beach town in the Carolinas
- 19 http://skincaremarkets.com/brainup-iq/
- 20 Utah National Parks visit
- 21 10 days vacation in California
- 22 Steelhead fishing in Kenai Alaska
- 23 Plan a trip for me! 3 kids 5 and under, SW airlines out of MKE
- 24 roadtrip sfo - seattle
- 25 Chicago to Portland drive March 1