We are taking a trip to Alaska Summer of 2014. We booked a cruise on June 27th (Vancouver -> Seward) and then will spend 5 days on the land.
I have a couple of questions
1. It might be too early to watch bears in June, so we were thinking to do a bear viewing trip after the cruise. We arrive to Seward on Friday, July 4th at 5a.m. and need to be in Denali on Sunday morning. Where is the best place to do the bear viewing trip between Seward and Denali? Or do you think that trying to do it in Ketchikan on June 29th should be Ok?
2. What is the best way to get from Seward to Denali and what can we see/do along the way?
3. Any recommendations on which tour companies to use or avoid? (bear viewing, dogs sledding, etc etc)
Thanks in advance
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 What do you think of my Yellowstone itinerary - August 2017?
- 2 Inexpensive NYC Meals 2.0
- 3 What type of hire car for Nat Parks in UT, AZ
- 4 Kauai - wow, just WOW!!!
- 5 Fodor's Walt Disney World 2017 travel guide
- 6 NE Itinerary - Thoughts?
- 7 ONLY 2 DAYS IN WILLIAMSBURG
- 8 North Rim, Page, Bryce & Zion Advice
- 9 Maui Bed and Breakfast
- 10 Sonoma
- 11 Northwest Passage
- 12 Middle aged and overweight - can I hike
- 13 Fodor's Travel QA Test_20170428141326
- 14 Alaska cruise
- 15 Spur of the moment Chicago advice.
- 16 Family Colorado Road Trip
- 17 Colorado Forest Die Off - How Awful Is It? Should We Visit Elsewhere?
- 18 101 closure
- 19 Springfield, IL to Louisville, KY best route
- 20 Lowkey, waterfront, natural area for winter months--no high rises
- 21 Seattle and Vancouver/Victoria
- 22 Cruise to Alaska. Ports- Juneau, Sitka, Ketchikan, Victoria
- 23 fairfeld inn or Hampton inn
- 24 Trip Report 2012 : 11 wonderful days in Alaska
- 25 Gate1 8 Day Grand Canyon tour review/ Comments