We are taking a trip to Alaska Summer of 2014. We booked a cruise on June 27th (Vancouver -> Seward) and then will spend 5 days on the land.
I have a couple of questions
1. It might be too early to watch bears in June, so we were thinking to do a bear viewing trip after the cruise. We arrive to Seward on Friday, July 4th at 5a.m. and need to be in Denali on Sunday morning. Where is the best place to do the bear viewing trip between Seward and Denali? Or do you think that trying to do it in Ketchikan on June 29th should be Ok?
2. What is the best way to get from Seward to Denali and what can we see/do along the way?
3. Any recommendations on which tour companies to use or avoid? (bear viewing, dogs sledding, etc etc)
Thanks in advance
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 NYC becoming a battleground for Air BnB apartment rentals
- 2 What do you do when your VRBO rental is a nightmare in Lake Geneva?
- 3 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 4 Booking Lodging at the Grand Canyon
- 5 Grand Teton & Yellowstone & ???
- 6 Weather in Hawaii in January
- 7 Three or Four Nights in Moab?
- 8 Relocation: Where Do We Fit In
- 9 Utah mid Sept Trip Report, Zion, Bryce, Arches- beautiful!
- 10 Looking for good moonstone beach hotels in cambria
- 11 Breckenridge in October
- 12 East Coast to West Coast travel route
- 13 Family Trip to Moab - Flying into SLC
- 14 Richmond highlights?
- 15 Best City on the Gulf Coast to live?
- 16 "HUMORLESS" response to Kauai comment silliness
- 17 Central Park Fall Foliage
- 18 Pet Friendly places in Myrtle Beach
- 19 I am "The Prince of Tides"
- 20 Things to do in and around Westbrook, CT in November 2014
- 21 New York accommodation - apartment for family needed (winter)
- 22 Washington DC in Spring?
- 23 Quick advice needed for 1st visit to HNL & Kauai
- 24 montana vs ft nelson bc area
- 25 Must Eats