We are taking a trip to Alaska Summer of 2014. We booked a cruise on June 27th (Vancouver -> Seward) and then will spend 5 days on the land.
I have a couple of questions
1. It might be too early to watch bears in June, so we were thinking to do a bear viewing trip after the cruise. We arrive to Seward on Friday, July 4th at 5a.m. and need to be in Denali on Sunday morning. Where is the best place to do the bear viewing trip between Seward and Denali? Or do you think that trying to do it in Ketchikan on June 29th should be Ok?
2. What is the best way to get from Seward to Denali and what can we see/do along the way?
3. Any recommendations on which tour companies to use or avoid? (bear viewing, dogs sledding, etc etc)
Thanks in advance
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 myrtle beach
- 2 Off the beaten track in the deep south
- 3 Martha's Vineyard or Chatham?
- 4 Easy to Moderate Hikes - Moab Area
- 5 14 day Road Trip: Zion NP to Seattle/North Cascade NP
- 6 Chicago - Family Weekend
- 7 Boston--Another Art Mission
- 8 Itinerary help for 3-night stay in DC?
- 9 flying from los angeles to see the south ??
- 10 North Carolina Coast
- 11 Yosemite/SNP/SFO itinerary
- 12 Saratoga Springs, NY, Current Information Wanted
- 13 NYC with wheelchair
- 14 Contemplating moving from Chicago to Nashville
- 15 Mill Valley California Walks and Hikes
- 16 Vacation Destination for Large Family
- 17 TRYP Hotel in NYC?
- 18 6 nights in Colorado with family itinerary help
- 19 Casual dinner in the theater district
- 20 hawaii location for young couple needed
- 21 New Orleans logistics
- 22 Itinerary help for a 3-night stay in NYC?
- 23 Hilton Head
- 24 Drive time from Lynwood to CenturyLink Field
- 25 Texas exploring for 18 days