We are taking a trip to Alaska Summer of 2014. We booked a cruise on June 27th (Vancouver -> Seward) and then will spend 5 days on the land.
I have a couple of questions
1. It might be too early to watch bears in June, so we were thinking to do a bear viewing trip after the cruise. We arrive to Seward on Friday, July 4th at 5a.m. and need to be in Denali on Sunday morning. Where is the best place to do the bear viewing trip between Seward and Denali? Or do you think that trying to do it in Ketchikan on June 29th should be Ok?
2. What is the best way to get from Seward to Denali and what can we see/do along the way?
3. Any recommendations on which tour companies to use or avoid? (bear viewing, dogs sledding, etc etc)
Thanks in advance
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 DCArea GTG April 2017
- 2 Reasonable accommodations in Wyoming
- 3 California Coast in January
- 4 OHare car service north suburbs
- 5 Eastern California Winter Roadtrip
- 6 Glacier and Grand Tetons: June or July
- 7 Traveling Alone
- 8 Arizona in winter
- 9 Currency and hotels
- 10 Christmas Dinner in NYC?
- 11 Restaurant Recommendations mid-city Manhattan
- 12 Arizona in late January
- 13 Getty center and Getty Villa
- 14 Northern California Redwoods
- 15 2016/17 Ski Season Opens
- 16 Advertising Sublets in NYC Now Illegal - Air BnB Has Pulled Listings
- 17 Travel in Houston and surrounding area
- 18 Vegas with toddler twins
- 19 Las Vegas Vacation
- 20 Washington DC Trip in December with Small Children
- 21 disneyland
- 22 Paris-Room Selection Advice Needed ASAP for last minute trip. TIA.
- 23 Key West
- 24 LA! Active, FUN couple - area to stay/itenerary
- 25 Savannah and Charleston over New Years.