We are taking a trip to Alaska Summer of 2014. We booked a cruise on June 27th (Vancouver -> Seward) and then will spend 5 days on the land.
I have a couple of questions
1. It might be too early to watch bears in June, so we were thinking to do a bear viewing trip after the cruise. We arrive to Seward on Friday, July 4th at 5a.m. and need to be in Denali on Sunday morning. Where is the best place to do the bear viewing trip between Seward and Denali? Or do you think that trying to do it in Ketchikan on June 29th should be Ok?
2. What is the best way to get from Seward to Denali and what can we see/do along the way?
3. Any recommendations on which tour companies to use or avoid? (bear viewing, dogs sledding, etc etc)
Thanks in advance
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 9 days in Olympic NP and Seattle area
- 2 The Language of Desire Review
- 3 CAJUN region, plus NEW ORLEANS
- 4 Road trip
- 5 Christmas shopping in Sante Fe
- 6 What's your favorite "after theatre" place to eat in NYC??
- 7 Driving from Providence to Ohio in an '82 Volvo with a cat, but...
- 8 Getting married to a French man
- 9 Going to L.A. dec18-25; Road trip to D.V. and on rt66
- 10 3-week one-way cross country trip in June
- 11 Florida beach recommendation, please
- 12 Cable Cars/Trolleys
- 13 Maine-Portland/Bar Harbor/Moosehead Lake
- 14 Staying outside DC
- 15 Phantom Ranch and....
- 16 Where to stay in Carmel area?
- 17 Where to visit
- 18 A Few Days in Asheville
- 19 10 Day California Trip - Itinirary Help
- 20 Miami to Ft Lauderdale
- 21 Great OR beach house locations?
- 22 Lower Manhattan Late Night Eats
- 23 Driving from San Diego CA to Great lakes IL in FEB
- 24 New York in December
- 25 Need a "Suites" hotel in Midtown Manhattan